[Drama 2023] Taxi Driver 2, 모범택시 2

LeftCoastOppa

39 minutes ago, Haeun said:

I'm a little confused about Jang's intention of what to do with the chairman, did he mean to blow him up with a mine or to keep him in a different chicken coop because that's what I thought at first but I'm not sure anymore. I like how they brought up the morality that killing him wouldn't make them any different and even more so that it came from Goeun who had all the reasons to wish him dead.

I could be wrong but he wanted chairman to be dead that's why Go Eun said it is not right...

20 minutes ago, poloska said:

I could be wrong but he wanted chairman to be dead that's why Go Eun said it is not right...

Yeah that's what got me confused because he just said to keep him in "a" chicken coop and Goeun said it's not right when she saw Dogi looking at the mine where the bombs were, I'm not sure if she actually heard what Jang said since he was on the phone with Dogi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agenth said:

lmao when Do Gi chased the Chairman and he keeps screaming "Don't come near me!! Go away!!" while on his scooter that was glowing. Sorry I laughed out loud. 

The chairman made me so angry but he also had me laughing half of the time, I nearly lost it at the scooter scene. The actor was really good.

@Haeun @poloska @agenth

Yes I'm aware that Do Gi & the Deluxe Taxi Team's approach are unorthodox but at least they get it done. 

I think this drama's purpose is to show the differences between justice served by the law & otherwise. That's why it's satisfying when Do Gi takes out the "trash" it's called a vigilante for a reason. 

And while Ha Na is doing her job (she's still incompetent I don't care what anyone says) she should really done her research better? I do credit her that she didn't ride on Do Gi's coat tails. She acknowledged she didn't deserve praise as she hardly did anything to deserve it. 

As for the not blowing up the U Data CEO. He walked into the mine himself hence gotten himself blown up. The coop could be the cages they keep Cho Do Chul in? 

Am I the only one that find Hana annoying? She's a prosecutor but she comes across not as competent as Kim Gi Do and his gang. What's wrong with her? Don't she has better case to work other than spending her time spying on Rainbow taxi employees?  Sad to say, up to the latest episode I still find her character not likeable.

I'll be wary of Mdm Godmother, although she seems to be in the same group with Deluxe Taxi, she may turn around and betray Jang Sang Chul.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, yanki222 said:

Am I the only one that find Hana annoying? She's a prosecutor but she comes across not as competent as Kim Gi Do and his gang. What's wrong with her? Don't she has better case to work other than spending her time spying on Rainbow taxi employees?  Sad to say, up to the latest episode I still find her character not likeable.

I'll be wary of Mdm Godmother, although she seems to be in the same group with Deluxe Taxi, she may turn around and betray Jang Sang Chul.

She is not spying,really, come on people,she is doing her job. She didn't close her last U data case yet and it leads to Do Gi. What are you expecting her to do,sit and watch? Criminals just vanished away,she has to catch them,do you really think that nonsense prsion of Godmother to keep criminals is ok? I really like the conflict the show provides us,the law and the justice, how people see it. But people keep pointing prosecutor is annoying really need to learn a bit about law system. Yes,just let's go back to 15th century and our antihero will be solving the cases with his team. :unamused:

9 hours ago, Haeun said:

Yeah that's what got me confused because he just said to keep him in "a" chicken coop and Goeun said it's not right when she saw Dogi looking at the mine where the bombs were, I'm not sure if she actually heard what Jang said since he was on the phone with Dogi.

U data case made me confused a lot,where did red hair guy go? What happened to the informant? I also thought the coop is there the server was,but I can't say I fully understand what Jang wanted them to do at first.

• Blob 1

That loanshark woman can't be trusted.  But then, it would be hard to find someone who does that kind of work, keeping the prisoners.  She did not keep her end of the deal and donated the corneas to a high bidding buyer.  And dangerous too, these people are capable of murder.  Rainbow Taxi should be careful with her.

3 hours ago, yanki222 said:

She's following up a lead, and this time even under the Chief Prosecutor's sanction as he told her to investigate Do Gi. It is kinda weird that they found his employee badge in the summer residence of the President. And also, there are some open things, like that informant Hana was in contact with. Did he disappear again? Because he could tell a lot about Do Gi. 

And the fact is, that Do Gi was part of the Strategic Planning team, even if it was just few days, but it's still weird that he's not being questioned officially, only unofficially. 

She's doing a lot of sleuthing this time, following the Rainbow Taxi all the way to the sea etc... then again, she's been known to be quite stubborn to her cause.

1 hour ago, cherriesblue said:

That loanshark woman can't be trusted.  But then, it would be hard to find someone who does that kind of work, keeping the prisoners.  She did not keep her end of the deal and donated the corneas to a high bidding buyer.  And dangerous too, these people are capable of murder.  Rainbow Taxi should be careful with her.

Indeed. She is quite fishy. When the guy escaped, she should have told the others, as it was obvious that the guy was going to come back for revenge, or worse he could have gone to police and confessed everything. They are lucky that he didn't do that, because he could have caused a lot of damage for her operations too. So that was really bad of her. 

• Like 1

Voice phising if the spelling is correct,  is a world wide problem...hence the drama wanted to advice  people not to fall for all. Most victims are the elderly... 

While its good that this drama brought up the issue, the plot could have been better, maybe.... Im sure everyone liked the 1st to the 3rd case but this voice phising case is technically just one episode and done; perhaps we expected more and didnt want Dogi to flirt with the ajumma.. haha

Kang hana is a prosecutor, hence its her job to snif. We have read the sypnosis that she will find out what Dogi did as a job at the taxi centre and  we have to find out how she deal with that knowledge.

Halfway though the drama now..fighting!:D

• Like 1

The last two episode felt a lot toned down compared to the previous ones which I guess was needed after the last case, I was hoping for a two episode arc.

Dogi seducing madame Lim was so funny and Lee Jeehon is not allowed to look that good in those clothes lol.

I like how they only seem to take cases which the police can't/failed to solve and how it is explained in the show like the police not being able to return the money. It just warms my heart how much the team takes care of the victims.

I really hope Kang Hana turns a blind eye to the team after she understands what they are doing, she probably won't want them to continue but hopefully they won't be arrested/or won't get a too harsh sentence. I don't think she'll join them but they might join hands in taking down the godmother. Her sleuthing this episode was funny to me because of how obvious she was but idk how she knew where to wait at the end of the ep.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Haeun said:

The last two episode felt a lot toned down compared to the previous ones which I guess was needed after the last case, I was hoping for a two episode arc.

Dogi seducing madame Lim was so funny and Lee Jeehon is not allowed to look that good in those clothes lol.

I like how they only seem to take cases which the police can't/failed to solve and how it is explained in the show like the police not being able to return the money. It just warms my heart how much the team takes care of the victims.

I really hope Kang Hana turns a blind eye to the team after she understands what they are doing, she probably won't want them to continue but hopefully they won't be arrested/or won't get a too harsh sentence. I don't think she'll join them but they might join hands in taking down the godmother. Her sleuthing this episode was funny to me because of how obvious she was but idk how she knew where to wait at the end of the ep.

And he didn't even have to kiss her. Just seduced her with his words and appearance hahaha. Honestly before this series I didn't really much like Lee Je Hoon, which is why I hesitated a lot before starting this drama. Somehow, I like these old vibes, it reminds me of Knight Rider as someone has said before.

I don't think Hana is that morally uprighteous, as her answer to the job admission board told me, though she will want to do things in her own way. Since there isn't much cross interaction between Hana and the team, it's hard for the audience to be sympathetic to her cause. 

It's not like beyond evil, where both sides were shown equally, and where the interest was aligned, if not the tools. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, agenth said:

And he didn't even have to kiss her. Just seduced her with his words and appearance hahaha. Honestly before this series I didn't really much like Lee Je Hoon, which is why I hesitated a lot before starting this drama. Somehow, I like these old vibes, it reminds me of Knight Rider as someone has said before.

I don't think Hana is that morally uprighteous, as her answer to the job admission board told me, though she will want to do things in her own way. Since there isn't much cross interaction between Hana and the team, it's hard for the audience to be sympathetic to her cause. 

It's not like beyond evil, where both sides were shown equally, and where the interest was aligned, if not the tools. 

I don't think I've seen any of the cast members in anything else before or at least don't remember but they are so great. I fell in love with Lee Jehoon and Pyo Yejin here, Cha Jiyeon oozes charisma and I'm really loving Bae Yooram too he is so adorable and funny as Jineon and him and Jang Hyukjin are such a great duo.

It's the fact that we are made to sympathize way more with our taxi team, we know their pasts and we know they are good guys and we see their loveable interactions so most of us are just way more emotionally attached to them, we don't get as much about her. She is just trying to do her job and the right thing but that doesn't make it any easier too root for or enjoy her character much. She doesn't really shine much nor does her character greatly impact the story (so far) so her character is a bit meh to me.

27 minutes ago, agenth said:

In BE two main characters had equal screen time, in taxi driver Je Hoon has much more screentime than Esom. I don't know why the director did it,but maybe in last 6 episodes we will find out. Since I remember director said Ha Na will be more intertwined with the team taxi in the second half of drama. But BE is an absolute masterpiece,even I enjoy Taxi driver a lot, I don't think overall it come close to BE .

• Like 1

Pyo yejin... hmm.. good actress but i just cant stand her character in VIP.. i couldnt even finish VIP... maybe because the character LSY admitted to having an affair with her character...

Nvm... LJH's memorable character for me has always been Tomorrow, With You... still havent get around of watching Signal, his most famous work... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Pyo yejin... hmm.. good actress but i just cant stand her character in VIP.. i couldnt even finish VIP... maybe because the character LSY admitted to having an affair with her character...

Nvm... LJH's memorable character for me has always been Tomorrow, With You... still havent get around of watching Signal, his most famous work... 

Yeah I didn't like her in VIP either. Which is why this series surprised me as well. I only saw her as whiny, brittle character, and here even when she broke down, she was showing good acting, her character's intense pain. 

48 minutes ago, poloska said:

In BE two main characters had equal screen time, in taxi driver Je Hoon has much more screentime than Esom. I don't know why the director did it,but maybe in last 6 episodes we will find out. Since I remember director said Ha Na will be more intertwined with the team taxi in the second half of drama. But BE is an absolute masterpiece,even I enjoy Taxi driver a lot, I don't think overall it come close to BE .

Yeah I know. Beyond Evil is the best drama 2021! And the two main leads were at odds at first, but still had a lot of chemistry. 

It's already episode 10 and Hana is only involved in the most outer frame of the taxi group. However, since she now found their headquarters, she could get involved a lot more in later episodes. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

I hated her in VIP so badly,like ahhhh.... But she is really a good actress,but even in taxi driver I can't say I like Go Eun much. As for the Signal you should watch it,to me,it is still the best series of Je Hoon. I love his roles in movies,he is a great star. Same for Esom,absoultely adored her last movie Samjin company english class.

• Blob 1

1 hour ago, poloska said:

As for the Signal you should watch it,to me,it is still the best series of Je Hoon. I love his roles in movies,he is a great star. Same for Esom,absoultely adored her last movie Samjin company english class.

Hehe... i know i should.. its in my bucket list... definately...

2 hours ago, agenth said:

It's already episode 10 and Hana is only involved in the most outer frame of the taxi group. However, since she now found their headquarters, she could get involved a lot more in later episodes. 

Yes, lets hope Hana will be more useful after ep10... we need her to be in the ^inner frame so she can have more interaction with Dogi... and audience can appreciate her more. 

• Like 1

Aw~poor Madam Lim and her Wang Tao Zi LMFAo. Their lil "romance" was both gross & amusing all at once:joy:

Ha Na should really learn to discern when to spring on Do Gi. I mean this is the second time she potentially placed him in harm's way. 

Mr. Choi's back to his perm ahahah, while Mr. Park & his bowl haircut. I'm glad that gran got her money back as well. Madam Lim's teeth though remind me of Austin Powers for real:lol:

@realistic2280a

I've watched Pyo Ye Jin in 3 dramas including this makes 4. She was someone you love to hate in Fight My Way, What's Wrong with Secretary Kim & VIP. 'Cause she was always after someone else's man LoL. As for Lee Je Hoon, why does he look like Will Pan LoL? I only remember him from Tomorrow With You. 

The Deluxe Taxi boss Ahjusshi always play a bad guy. I mean I hated him on Train to Busan ha-ha. 

• Blob 1