[Drama 2023] Taxi Driver 2, 모범택시 2

LeftCoastOppa

I just found this drama on Netflix because I missed it when it was released due to work being too busy. Just one episode in and I am already hooked! I really appreciate the focus on the theme of justice for victims of various social issues. 

Ep 3 - 4 with those school bullies was heart breaking but I laughed out loud 

Spoiler

When ML kicked the bully off the roof - soooooo satisfying! 

Ep8 

Spoiler

Ahh this whole Udata case is heart breaking. The CEO is worst than poo and this show does really well with the retribution scenes e.g., the punching of CEO and blowing up his mine. But noooooooo I can’t at Mr Jang getting hurt - he better not die!! On to the next episode.

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2

I am on Ep 10 now 

Spoiler

The vibe has changed into a total comedy with the gang posing as gangsters lol the Chinese mafia lady is such a caricature stereotype (such a shame!!!) and she is by far the weakness villain to-date. 

Ep 12

Spoiler

Wah so many deaths and I knew Ms Baek would be a real villain - her evil laugh was good lol. It makes things more interesting for the climax. Going to pause to celebrate NYE. Happy New Year everyone!

Finished it!!! I had to close my eyes re some violent scenes tho. 

Overall it was a good drama and I appreciated the resolutions — it highlighted lots of on-going social issues - highlighting all the different victims, themes of pursuing justice whether if it within the legal system or not etc. Random funny things for me is that I laughed out loud re the highlighter product placement - it’s too forced! The cast had great chemistry and I can see ppl rooting for more romance in the next season. It’ll be interesting to see how they deal with the potential two ships. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm so freaking happy this show is back, the first 2 episodes were great, the essence of the seems to have remained and it actually seems even better now, really looking forward for the rest.

How am I supposed to wait for next week.

• Like 2

So glad show is back. The most interesting part of show is it bases cases on real events, so this vietnam event was real but I think it happened in some other country. Didn't like the yellow filter for vietnam. Don't get this korean producers' arrogance(don't even get what is their achievement to be arrogant in the first place) that they apply yellow filters to other countries that they think are below south korea, they did it for turkey, philipines, morocco, vietnam second time, they did it before in film roundup, so quite pathetic way of depicting other countries. Koreans prolly think they are some sort of Usa and these nations are mexico, pathetic. We shouldn't overlook the recent poor depiction of mongolia in payback.

Now back to drama, if one has turned into 2nd season without watching 1st season they might not like the plotholes which were way too many, and details and scenarios conveniently omitted, like if a certain thing is happening there are barriers but suddenly male lead and taxi team would be doing those things and directors would want viewers to forget about those barriers and just watch the show. Specially when it comes to technology. 

How kim doki's glasses are so good, how he hears things through them, how his team hears him through them, but most of all how does he hear through them without earbuds, how do glasses connect with basement computer, in vietnam's remote area where did he get the internet access from, his mobile was taken away by kidnappers, how were he still using internet, how did he get the software from goeun with just his glasses and a laptop with no internet, how can goeun trace captain in another country sitting in korea like is she hacking into satellites, it seems like there is no place in world that goeun couldn't crack into even if there's no internet/5g, the way she was able to access captain made no sense; who closed the park's door automatically, they were the most basic gates; gamblers would drag out the guys every 2 hours later and beat them how did doki disappear for full 18-19 hours and noone found out; his luggage was taken away how did he get money to hangout at night, but lets say he somehow stole some money from gamblers' desk to buy meals and fancy clothes at the market.

I seriously didn't understand what did two team members steal from police station and how did they reach the gambling location with it, even kim doki didn't know that place when he flew to vietnam.

These and so much more. 2nd season's both cases specially gambling one needed a huge hugeee suspension of disbelef, I still can't with goeun tracing captain sitting in korea with no tracking device, how did she even pull that off? So anyone freshly tuning into drama without season 1 watch, may not like this kind of exaggeration and unrealism, but for those who watched season1, (even though season 1 also had exaggeration and unrealistic tech like those glasses too but they were still not that big and show was very well written) so old watchers would still enjoy the show.

And finally it's still a great show and enjoyed and loved first 2 episodes and honestly week long wait between episides feels like months, it's so goooood. Even if you haven't seen season 1 and are ready to ignore tropes and plotholes, you would love season 2.

I hope you guys watch and discuss and have fun with it. It's good so far, I just like to also post the negative sides as it's best to also point out flaws but that doesn't mean show isn't good. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

So glad show is back. The most interesting part of show is it bases cases on real events, so this vietnam event was real but I think it happened in some other country. Didn't like the yellow filter for vietnam. Don't get this korean producers' arrogance(don't even get what is their achievement to be arrogant in the first place) that they apply yellow filters to othet countries that they think are below south korea, they did it for turkey, philipines, morocco, vietnam second time, they did it before in film roundup, so quite pathetic way of depicting other countries. Koreans prolly think they are some sort of Usa and these nations are mexico, pathetic. We shouldn't overlook the recent poor depiction of mongolia in payback.

Now back to drama, if one has tuned into 2nd season without watching 1st season they might not like the plotholes which were way too many, and details and scenarios conveniently omitted, like if a certain thing is happening there are barriers but suddenly male lead and taxi team would be doing those things and like directors would want viewers to forget about those barriers and just watch the showm Specially when it comes to technology. 

How kim doki's glasses are so good, how he hears things through them, how his team hears him through them but most of all how does he hear through them without earbuds, how do glasses connect with basement computer, in vietnam's remote area where did he get the internet access from, his mobile was taken away by kidnappers, how were he still using internet, how did he get the software from goeun with just his glasses and a laptop with no internet, how can goeun trace captain in another country sitting in korea like is she hacking into satellites, it seems like there is no place in world that goeun couldn't crack into even if there's no internet/5g, the way she was able to access captain made no sense; who closed the park's door automatically, they were the most basic gates; gamblers would drag out the guys every 2 hours later and beat them how did doki disappear for full 18-19 hours and noone found out; his luggage was taken away how did he get money to hangout at night, but lets say he somehow stole some money from gamblers' desk to buy meals and fancy clothes at the market.

I seriously didn't understand what did two team members steal from police station and how did they reach the gambling location with it, even kim doki didn't know that place when he flew to vietnam.

These and so much more. 2nd season's both cases specially gambling one needed a huge hugeee suspension of disbelef, I still can't with goeun tracing captain sitting in korea with no tracking device, how did she even pull that off? So anyone freshly tuning into drama without season 1 watch, may not like this kind of exaggeration and unrealism, but for those who watched season1, (even though season 1 also had exaggeration and unrealistic tech like those glasses too but they were still not that big and show was very well written) so old watchers would still enjoy the show.

And finally it's still a great show and enjoyed and loved first 2 episodes and honestly week long wait between episides feels like months, it's so goooood. Even if you haven't seen season 1 and are ready to ignore tropes and plotholes, you would love season 2.

I hope you guys watch and discuss and have fun with it. It's good so far, I just like to also post the negative sides as it's best to also point out flaws but that doesn't mean show isn't good. 

Yeah the whole glasses thing without earpiece had me scratching my head for a moment but nothing we're not used to. The show is just very over the top and unrealistic in some aspects but that's just the style, it has this very super hero comic vibe and it just works imo (I mean as much as it strayed from the source material it's still a webtoon adaptation).

The yellow filter did give me Reborn Rich Türkiye flashbacks lol (though with that show the issue was a different one) let's just hope it was with the intetnion to make it clear that it was a different country lol. :sweat_smile:

• Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 1:25 AM, Haeun said:

Yeah the whole glasses thing without earpiece had me scratching my head for a moment but nothing we're not used to. The show is just very over the top and unrealistic in some aspects but that's just the style, it has this very super hero comic vibe and it just works imo (I mean as much as it strayed from the source material it's still a webtoon adaptation).

The yellow filter did give me Reborn Rich Türkiye flashbacks lol (though with that show the issue was a different one) let's just hope it was with the intetnion to make it clear that it was a different country lol.

No, I don't see that way, I dunno what you mean by super hero vibe and all and what that has to do with showing faulty technology in shows like talking through glasses and hearing without earbuds, maybe you mean something like ironman or batman? I don't agree that if show is over the top and that's it's style we shouldn't point out illogical things and try to justify with excuses, even being ott has limits and so does technology imagination, one can't hear without earbuds or speakers on. And then there was too much nonsense like goeun scanning through vietnam streets, like is she hacking into satellites or vietnam government servers and how is she doing that. I don't care if these things are superhero like tropes or whatever (and aren't those films batman etc meant for kids) they just drop the quality for me and I will keep pointing them out. And this show was never promoted as super hero either.

On 2/19/2023 at 1:25 AM, Haeun said:

The yellow filter did give me Reborn Rich Türkiye flashbacks lol

The yellow filter or mexico filter is everywhere for every country korean producers 'assume' are below them and you won't see them for spain like in lobts or usa in stove league, it's korean hubris.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shimmery-summer said:

No, I don't see that way, I dunno what you mean by super hero vibe and all and what that has to do with showing faulty technology in shows like talking through glasses and hearing without earbuds, maybe you mean something like ironman or batman? I don't agree that if show is over the top and that's it's style we shouldn't point out illogical things and try to justify with excuses, even being otp has limits and so does technology imagination, one can't hear without earbuds or speakers on. And then there was too much nonsense like goeun scanning through vietnam streets, like is she hacking into satellites or vietnam government servers and how is she doing that. I don't care if these things are superhero like tropes or whatever (and aren't those films batman etc meant for kids) they just drop the quality for me and I will keep pointing them out. And this show was never promoted as super hero either.

Ok lmao :skull: I'm just saying it's a stylistic choice where they want to make the show fun and impactful, realism isn't the goal here, if I were to point out every unrealistic thing the list would be long but I simply am not bothered by it nor do I care cause that's not a key point of the show. You're free to feel however, have fun watching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haeun said:

if I were to point out every unrealistic thing the list would be long

So noone is asking you to do. But if others are doing it's their choice.

1 hour ago, Haeun said:

I'm just saying it's a stylistic choice where they want to make the show fun and impactful

Not really, season 1 didn't have such plotholes, glasses and unrealistic taxi car were in s1 too but scenarios were stronger so other things didn't stand out much but in s2 they totally threw common sense and logic in trash which is not what I wanted to see. Also besides many plotholes there were editing issues too. But ofcourse the show is still good as it also incorporates real world incidents and prolly because I am a s1 fan so I can't drop it.

1 hour ago, Haeun said:

have fun watching

Thank you, same to you.

• Like 1

When I think of Taxi, it's says action, fisticuffs and the good guys in control. The first half of episode 1 was so slow, I had to stop awhile. Then it was the missing son case. It's in Vietnam and omigoodness, I swear the head of the kidnappers was cutting human parts. :hushed:

@backstreetboysfan are you keeping tabs on this show? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maribella said:

, I swear the head of the kidnappers was cutting human parts. 

At first it looked that to me but looking again i think it was a pig or animal cut to scare boys.

4 hours ago, maribella said:

This is some sort of revenge too, but it's so brutal, more than S1

I think prolly because it was based on real cases that are still going on in combodia and myanmar mostly trapping malaysian men.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the first two episodes were good.  
the start was bit slow but it got better phase in the middle. 

I got couple questions. 
who do you think shot the corrupt cop? 

Also the new kid. What do you guys think his role is going to be. I have a hunch but I’m going to see if I’m right. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, joccu said:

I got couple questions. 
who do you think shot the corrupt cop? 

At first I was going to write this question but dropped out because i realized that if they have shown it specifically in epilogue it means there is another baddie and they will most prolly reveal it later on in last episodes, could be some politician or stuff, hopefully they will.

• Like 2

See I must be naive because I would never have thought the yellow filters were being used to suggest some weird Korean national superiority. I thought it was because those countries were more humid and the yellow filter suggests sweltering heat stylistically. But I’m not discounting anyone else’s opinion as I’m no film expert. 
I enjoyed the first two episodes but like others I was taken out of the story a few times to scratch my head about how they were doing certain things (like how did those glasses work, tracking the guy in the chase scene as if there are cctvs on random deserted amusement park rooftops or satellites that are in the right orbiting position at that perfect time to hack, how did ML pay for that meal and dress, where did he get  the leather jacket/all black costume change, why did the map the two guys stole from the cops lead straight to the bad guys hideout???). I’m just going to try to stop questioning how and why and try to suspend belief as much as possible. As someone suggested above, I’ll try to see it more like super hero stuff that doesn’t need explaining because it’s not meant to be reality.

Now the new guy??? Well I’ve been watching Crash Course in Romance so of course I’m suspicious of his smiling innocent face. I think I’ve seen him as an evil guy before somewhere else too (remembered- Hello Monster, he was a murderer there) so I’m 100% prejudiced against him haha. The more polite he is, the more sus I’ll become. He’s probably the sniper, but if he’s not, sorry to the actor Shin Jae Ha, because he now has the too good to be true vibe, when he could actually just be playing a nice character for once. 
Anyway, I’ll keep watching, even if it’s just to see Lee Ji Hoon working out or wearing ugly wigs

Edited by Bejaffled
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

I would never have thought the yellow filters were being used to suggest some weird Korean national superiority. I thought it was because those countries were more humid and the yellow filter suggests sweltering heat stylistically.

The did it for turkey which has an almost smiliar climate to korea, nothing humid or tropical, it caused a certain amount of backlash too, imagine a beautiful country with beautiful landscapes and yellow washed, but seems like korean producers never give up. Generally the filter was used in American shows for mexico or war torn region, or desert regions, or post apocalyptic depiction. These are completely normal countries why the entire footage has to be ruined and make them look visually so unappealing with ugly filters. And then filter isn't there for 4 or 5 minutes it goes over hours or 2 episodes and even more. 

16 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

He’s probably the sniper,

Oh wow that's a great assumption. Never thought.

• Thanks 1

@Shimmery-summerThat really does shock me. Not because I don’t believe you, but that the ethnocentrism is so blatant and yet I was naively ignorant to it. Thank you for educating me on this with patience. I can see why people are pissed. Especially people from those countries. I wouldn’t appreciate seeing my beautiful country depicted in such a way either. Tainting everything with a nationalistic chauvinism really reduces the appeal of a drama.

• Like 1