[Current Drama 2023] Taxi Driver 2, 모범택시 2 - Friday & Saturday @ 22:00 KST

LeftCoastOppa

What nonsense, he did turn out to be villain. Nonetheless I still didn't get how that real estate guy was never exposed if he had been doing these scams for so long and where did his apartments go in the end, who became the owner.

@Bejaffled still watching or dropped? its going well all in all, they have increased more humor. What sucks is usual sbs giving 1 episode per week.

• Like 1

@Shimmery-summer Hi, I’m still watching, though I have been considering waiting until the whole thing has aired and doing a binge because I’m not a fan of the one episode a week. Makes it lose momentum for me. Though I’ll probably cave to my impatience and end up watching this weeks episode straight away.
I wanted to know what happened with those apartments too as the taxi team took all his ownership papers & his seal, but surely it can’t be as easy as that to take over a property? The villain reveal was as expected and a little disappointing but I was a bit confused when he met with the real estate scam guy. Like is he the big boss of all scams? They’re all linked via this one young guy? I guess we will find out, but it seems a little bit silly to me. 

• Love 1

I have seen too many of saving-someone-from-cults shows.

Part 2 seems to give many chances for the actors to 'act' especially DG. He's now clothed in old Chinese costumes, a shaman? I don't find season 2 to be as entertaining as season at this moment. Hope it improves.

• Like 1

There will be a cross-over between "One Dollar Lawyer" and "Taxi Driver" when the lead character of "One Dollar Lawyer" Chun Ji Hoon (played by Nam Goong Min) will make a special appearance in the next case! 

And look like Kim Do Gi finds out about the real motive of the new driver On Ha Jun at the end of Ep 8.

• Like 2

The show is halfway through and I am giving it 50% for being entertaining. With so much scenery change, I think it must cost a lot to set up and That's why each story tends to have draggy parts.
They focused so much on scaring  Ok, I had to FFW to keep awake. 

The one story that will end with the show is definitely going to be the shady young man's story. 

10 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

There will be a cross-over between "One Dollar Lawyer" and "Taxi Driver" when the lead character of "One Dollar Lawyer" Chun Ji Hoon (played by Nam Goong Min) will make a special appearance in the next case! 

And look like Kim Do Gi finds out about the real motive of the new driver On Ha Jun at the end of Ep 8.

There are still 8 more episodes. I think the guy will wriggle out because it looks like the main story. DG will be more alert where he's concerned.

On 3/17/2023 at 11:32 PM, Bejaffled said:

scams? They’re all linked via this one young guy? I guess we will find out, but it seems a little bit silly to me. 

He could be the son of someone the Team had exacted revenge. He's too young to be a Godfather type.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 7:32 PM, Bejaffled said:

@Shimmery-summer Hi, I’m still watching, though I have been considering waiting until the whole thing has aired and doing a binge because I’m not a fan of the one episode a week. Makes it lose momentum for me. Though I’ll probably cave to my impatience and end up watching this weeks episode straight away.
I wanted to know what happened with those apartments too as the taxi team took all his ownership papers & his seal, but surely it can’t be as easy as that to take over a property? The villain reveal was as expected and a little disappointing but I was a bit confused when he met with the real estate scam guy. Like is he the big boss of all scams? They’re all linked via this one young guy? I guess we will find out, but it seems a little bit silly to me. 

I wanted to reply after finishing episode 7, I finished it just now,ep8 is still there to watch. I think this season has increased comedy and family bonding between taxi team which is nice but something about the season isn't same and hard hitting like season 1 where cases were very much to the point and solved in a to the point manner too which felt quite satisfying and unique. Also unlike s1, s2 seems to leave behind tonne of questions.

But still I am liking it and want to watch maybe due to attachment and interesting cases. It's quite interesting that recently netflix documentary on korean cults was released and these episodes address same problem, infact lot of this cult story seems to come from baby garden cult from netflix documentary.

Back to the unanswered or unresloved bits part, it is there a lot in this season. In ep 7 they show what they did to flats, they sold them and ran the money through some chinese account and donated, something like that which I didn't understand but I still didn't get how they sold the flats, maybe there is a way but I wish they explained it too, how.

I find it quite strange and forced that the villain guy's organization is the one overseeing all different multiple kinds of scams, and also how he claims that entire real estate taken from scammer was his when it was in that guy's name. So kind of weird how a single organization is behind so many scams, but I hope they explain it more.

Thanks for your reply. The 1 ep per week is some sbs disease they always do probably to stretch the duration period for airing drama. Hope it won't happen again in this show. All in all show is good, but s1 was something else. I also wish their technology was improved and made to look more realistic.

• Like 1

@Shimmery-summer Your views on this drama are very similar to mine. I want to love it as I have affection for the first season, but whilst I’m enjoying season 2, there’s just something missing. I do think it could be due to the main crew having solved their personal cases and therefore there’s a certain emotional connection that’s not present for this seasons storylines. But the comedy is fun & well done and the cases are interesting, so I’m just going to try to enjoy it without comparing the two too much (if it’s possible to stop my brain nitpicking)

10 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

In ep 7 they show what they did to flats, they sold them and ran the money through some chinese account and donated, something like that which I didn't understand but I still didn't get how they sold the flats, maybe there is a way but I wish they explained it too, how.

At the end of Ep6 when they took the real estate/adoption scammer down there was a scene with Mr Choi & Mr Park finding & taking the framed deeds from the hidden wall in his office and they mentioned finding his legal seal as well. I know nothing about property ownership in SK and it seems a bit easy to steal someone’s home if all you need is their seal and title deed, but for the show, this is how they did it. I actually missed it on first watch & only caught it by going back to see if I could find an explanation for us. 
Anyway, thanks for your thoughtful, well considered reply. You are correct that all in all, it’s a good show. I’m going to continue to watch and enjoy even if I have to push aside my irritation from the young villains obviousness (I think KDG is onto him, which reassured me as I didn’t want to see him become suddenly foolish in this season) & suspend disbelief sometimes.

• Insightful 1

It looks like they may inject romance between the fake couple. What kind of talisman does she want? Seems harmless enough, but I don't remember such personal exchanges before.

It may spice it. :surprisedwut:

but I have seen too many revenge stories sidetracked for unnecessary romances. The one in 'my life again' with Lee Jung Ki really spoiled the ending.

I thought the possible romance with the prosecutor was promising. Too bad. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

At the end of Ep6 when they took the real estate/adoption scammer down there was a scene with Mr Choi & Mr Park finding & taking the framed deeds from the hidden wall in his office and they mentioned finding his legal seal as well.

Oh yes I knew that part and actually it is said the one who owns the property deeds is the one who owns the property but still I wanted to see how this thing works in korea as I thought authorities would check on it, oh I missed the legal seal part, yes having seal is a big advantage. I actually was interested in knowing how such transaction will be carried out but the drama skipped it.

Finished ep8, tbh ep8 wasn't bad but it totally went different from the tone of s1 and I just felt too lost, the show is good but season 1's grittiness is gone and this time show's editing has issues too, like sometimes scenes change suddenly and as if editor forgot to add more scenes. But I have now come to accept that taxi driver won't be like season 1 anymore so i should go forward with the new feel and just try and enjoy the cases.

One thing I like that doo ki was always miserable and angry in s1 ( which added to show's appeal) but now he has learnt to smile and become happy. I think when dooki and ceo jang discuss being watched dooki was quite perceptive at realizing that they are being watched from upclose and then he notices the new taxi driver, he probably also remembers that he is the same person who moved down in his lower apartment and a coincidence at this point is too much, then new guy's convo with dooki on rooftop was also enough for dooki to get suspicious. It also felt weird that dooki had left those photos spread out on table. But anyhow, the last scene of ep 8 could be a red herring, like one never knows in ep 9 start writer might show dooki didn't suspect him and just asked a question and that's it, though I am wishing next episode fight between dooki and the young guy starts.

Thanks for your time and response :>.

• Like 1

Namgoong Min And Kim So Yeon To Make Special Appearances In “Taxi Driver 2”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 21, 2023
by M. Lim

Namgoong Min and Kim So Yeon will be appearing in SBS’s “Taxi Driver 2”!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Taxi Driver” is a drama about a mysterious taxi service that delivers vengeance on behalf of victims who are unable to get justice through the law. After a successful run in 2021, the hit drama has now returned for a second season.

Earlier, actor Namgoong Min caught everyone by surprise when he suddenly appeared in the trailer for the upcoming Episode 9 of “Taxi Driver 2.”

The newly released trailer captures Kim Do Gi (played by Lee Je Hoon) transforming into a doctor this time. Nearing the end of the trailer, someone walks into the room Kim Do Gi is in and says “Excuse me, can I borrow a coin?” When Kim Do Gi turns around, the camera focuses on the person and viewers can see that it’s Namgoong Min in his character from the hit drama “One Dollar Lawyer,” Cheon Ji Hoon. Appearing in his colorful checkered suit and his trademark sunglasses, viewers are already excited to see how the character Cheon Ji Hoon will be incorporated into the upcoming episode of “Taxi Driver 2.”

In addition, on March 21, actress Kim So Yeon’s agency J-Wide Company announced that the actress will also make a special appearance in the final episode of “Taxi Driver 2.” The agency added, “She has already finished filming. Regarding the details, please check it out through the broadcast.”

Last year, Lee Je Hoon made a cameo appearance as himself in “One Dollar Lawyer” and also appeared in the final episode of Namgoong Min’s other representative drama, SBS’s “Stove League.” It looks like this time, Namgoong Min is returning the favor!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1574214wpp/namgoong-min-and-kim-so-yeon-to-make-special-appearances-in-taxi-driver-2

Two Daesang winners for SBS, passing the baton to Lee Je Hoon? I think Lee Je Hoon will receive Daesang this year. :D

‘Exemplary Taxi 2’ side “Kim So-yeon made a special appearance in the final episode? Please check the broadcast.”

R4ZCZJ3CLLWPHFV46CLPSTBABI.jpg

Will we be able to meet Kim So-yeon in ‘ Taxi Driver 2’?

On the 21st March, a media outlet reported that actress Kim So-yeon will make a special appearance in the final episode of the SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Exemplary Taxi 2'. Kim So-yeon's character plays an important role in leading the flow of the play, and she has already finished filming.

In response, the 'model taxi 2' side told OSEN, "It is difficult to confirm whether actress Kim So-yeon will appear in 'model taxi 2'. She said, “Please check it out on the air.”

In the trailer released earlier, Namgoong-min's special appearance as Cheon Ji-hoon, a "thousand-won lawyer", drew attention. Following Namgoong-min, Kim So-yeon also makes a special appearance, raising expectations to see if the drama will shine even more.

Meanwhile, SBS 'Exemplary Taxi 2' is broadcast every Friday and Saturday at 10 PM.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/broadcast/2023/03/21/TRQ6VGE4SP47MJ3CCSWFJCZ62Y/

If she will have an impotant role in the last episode, I wonder if she will will apprear also in season 3 if there will be one. Because why this mystery about her role? She will play a big baddie? We`ll see. The last episode it will be on April 15.

by Lily Alice, March 21, 2023
1 0

According to sources, the talented actress Kim So Yeon, famous for her spectacular performance in The Penthouse series, will make a special appearance in the K-drama Taxi Driver Season 2. As per the reports, the actress has already finished filming, but the role she will play in the drama is a mystery. With regard to it, Kim So Yeon's agency commented, "Please look at it through the broadcast".

kAA4Zj_2f.png

The actress's upcoming drama is Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938, in which she will be seen in the lead role of Ryu Hong Joo, alongside Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum

Apart from Kim So Yeon, Namkoong Min and Lee Young Ae have also confirmed special appearances. 

Namkoong Min will appear as lawyer Chun Ji Hoon, the character he played in the legal K-drama One Dollar LawyerIn the past, Lee Je Hoon also made a guest appearance in the legal drama, and Namkoong Min will return the courtesy by making a special appearance in Taxi Driver Season 2

wJJYBY_2f.png

Whereas, actress Lee Young Ae was also reported to be seen in the series on February 16. Both in seasons 1 and 2,  Lee Young Ae is the guide-voice of Rainbow Taxi arcade where she assists the victims through the process of revenge. 

eYYe4q_2f.png

The stunning actress will then be seen in the lead role of Cha Se Eum in the upcoming K-drama Maestra

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-so-yeon-boards-lee-je-hoon-s-taxi-driver-season-2-alongside-namkoong-min-and-lee-young-ae

Lee Je Hoon Receives “One Dollar Lawyer” Namgoong Min’s Business Card In “Taxi Driver 2”

Mar 23, 2023
by S. Nam

The worlds of “Taxi Driver 2” and “One Dollar Lawyer” are colliding!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, SBS’s “Taxi Driver” is a drama about a mysterious taxi service that delivers vengeance on behalf of victims who are unable to get justice through the law. After a successful run in 2021, the hit drama has now returned for a second season.

Previously, actor Namgoong Min caught everyone by surprise when he suddenly appeared as the role of Cheon Ji Hoon from the hit SBS drama “One Dollar Lawyer” in the preview for the upcoming episode.

The newly released stills capture the unbelievable encounter between Kim Do Gi (Lee Je Hoon) and Cheon Ji Hoon, who is wearing his trademark three-piece suit and sunglasses while sporting wavy hair. With a cup of instant coffee in one hand, Cheon Ji Hoon observes Kim Do Gi, who appears confused at Cheon Ji Hoon’s unexpected entrance but still accepts his business card. Viewers are highly anticipating the synergy between Kim Do Gi and Cheon Ji Hoon and are curious to find out why Cheon Ji Hoon will visit the Rainbow Taxi service.

Namgoong-Min-Taxi-Driver.jpeg

Lee-Je-Hoon-6.jpeg

Namgoong-Min-Lee-Je-Hoon.jpeg

Namgoong Min’s special appearance in “Taxi Driver 2” is the result of Lee Je Hoon first making a special appearance in “One Dollar Lawyer.” As expected, the two created a great atmosphere on set with their exceptional chemistry.

The production team of “Taxi Driver 2” shared, “We are grateful to actor Namgoong Min who brought another level of acting while perfectly summoning Lawyer Cheon even amidst an unfamiliar environment and staff members he is not familiar with. This will be a special scene in which viewers can enjoy Lawyer Cheon’s trademark flashy speech and humor, which viewers greatly loved, as well as Kim Do Gi and Cheon Ji Hoon’s refreshing chemistry. Please anticipate it a lot.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1574623wpp/lee-je-hoon-receives-one-dollar-lawyer-namgoong-mins-business-card-in-taxi-driver-2

From the poster of season 2, there is a woman among the villains and I think that could be played by Kim So yeon. I did not watch any season of Taxi Driver but I heard about the villainess of season 1, played by Cha Ji Yeon. She played a succesful villainess. What happened to her? She died or is in jail? Does she have a sister? :D

2657192_2673490_3128.png

[WHO ARE YOU] Shin Jae-ha from 'One Other Scandal' and 'Exemplary Taxi 2'

19_06_33__64143ba9383d0%5BW680-%5D.jpg

When Shin Jae-ha analyzes a character, the first thing he does is to think about other characters' perspectives. “I focus on how other characters see my character. So I go around asking seniors about my character. If my acting is different from the way my opponent looks at me, viewers will definitely feel a sense of difference.” Ji Dong-hee's last line, which led the reversal of <One Other Scandal> like On Ha-joon in <Model Taxi 2>, which is currently airing, was "I have nothing to protect, I am too tired now". When asked about Shin Jae-ha's belief that he wants to keep it to the end as an actor, an answer that resembles a polite and sincere attitude came back. “I try not to be a lazy actor. Whether before or during filming, a lazy actor will show through.”

http://www.cine21.com/news/view/?mag_id=102297

Actor Baek Soo-jang was cast in 'Exemplary Taxi 2'.

453679_430574_4221.jpg

'Exemplary Taxi 2' is a private revenge act in which the mysterious taxi company Rainbow Transportation and taxi driver Kim Do-gi complete revenge on behalf of the unfair victim. He played the role of reporter Kim Yong-min. Baek Soo-jang, who exudes his own presence with solid acting skills across the screen and cathode ray tube, showed a colorful face in various works such as the films 'Park Yeol', 'Miss Baek', and 'Rampage'.

https://www.newsfreezone.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=453679

On 3/23/2023 at 8:06 PM, larus said:

She died or is in jail? Does she have a sister

I found out from another forum that Chairwoman Baek (played by Cha Ji yeon in season 1) has a sister. Now I am really thinking that Kim So yeon will play the sister in the cameo of season 2. I am sure, actually. Until the last episode there will be hints that there is someone unknow ploting against the good guys`s team. She will want revenge and probably Ha Joon must be her inside man to give informations about the rainbow transport team. OK. We`ll see how it will be played out.

Lee Je-hoon and Shin Jae-ha had a fight.

0c91e691-1e7a-462d-b730-62da9bc74d62.jpg

36dbf71e-ec8c-4edb-916a-64b9dd055a5b.jpg

cd635366-243a-462e-9c2e-25ea57c52b95.jpg

Spoiler

50dd221c-ea60-49ac-b80a-6eae02104987.jpg

On SBS' 'Exemplary Taxi 2', which aired on the 24th, Kim Do-ki (Lee Je-hoon) noticed Ohn Ha-joon's (Shin Jae-ha) suspicious behavior.

On this day, On Ha-jun asked Kim Do-gi for advice on his worries. He said meaningfully, "I have a lot of younger siblings, but from some point on, they get beaten up. I don't know why.

He then asked, "What do you think of my older brother? Do you think he and I can be friends?" To this, Kim Do-gi shook his head and replied, "That person will continue to hit his younger siblings."

On Ha-joon went to Kim Do-ki's house saying, "I'm going to use the bathroom for a while," and when he saw the picture on the table, he said sarcastically, "My brother Do-gi crosses the line." At this time, Kim Do-gi appeared and said, "It takes a long time to find the bathroom."

Hajun On then left, saying, "I had a really important appointment, but I remembered it now."

https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/377142

Teaser ep 10

[Exclusive] After Namgoong Min Kim So-yeon and Goh Kun-han, special appearance in 'Exemplary Taxi 2'...Scene Stealer Reservation

MBSQ4NZMTL53ONNWW62WDDK2UI.jpg

Actor Go Geon-han makes a special appearance in 'Exemplary Taxi 2'.

As a result of OSEN's coverage on the 23rd, Goh Geon-han is scheduled to appear as a special appearance in the SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Exemplary Taxi 2' (written by Oh Sang-ho, directed by Ethan). Prominent senior actors such as Namgung-min and Kim So-yeon made a special appearance in 'Exemplary Taxi 2', continuing the heat of the work, while Goh Kun-han also added strength as a major character.

Goh Geon-han is an actor who has appeared in the dramas 'Special Labor Inspector Jo Jang-pung', 'Chosun Rocco-The Tale of Nokdu', 'Okay Photon Sister', and 'Suriname'. In particular, he played an active role as a scene stealer by playing the role of a creepy criminal in 'Those Who Read the Evil Mind' and 'Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se-pung'. Accordingly, it is expected to stimulate the curiosity of drama fans what kind of acting he will show in 'Exemplary Taxi 2'.

Above all, 'Exemplary Taxi 2' boasts a splendid lineup of special appearances. In the episode to be released this week, actor Namgoong-min will make a special appearance as a character in the popular drama 'A Thousand Won Lawyer', and actor Kim So-yeon will appear in the final episode. In addition, actor Lee Young-ae appeared as a voice for the voice of the guide to use the deluxe taxi in the play. Among the prominent senior actors, Goh Kun-han's performance also raises expectations.

'Exemplary Taxi 2' is a drama depicting the story of taxi company Rainbow Transportation and taxi driver Kim Do-gi (Lee Je-hoon) taking revenge on behalf of unfair victims. Recently, Nielsen Korea has gained great popularity by breaking through the national viewer ratings of 16%. 'Exemplary Taxi 2' airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 PM.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/broadcast/2023/03/23/765WOZIDWDFHCWNRDX3LLL6KPM/