[Drama 2023] Taxi Driver 2, 모범택시 2

LeftCoastOppa

Drama: Taxi Driver 2 ,  모범택시 2

E4F74D02-7C30-4C2F-A889-40C73C54B5C3.jpeg

Drama: Taxi Driver 2 / Deluxe Taxi (literal title)

Hangul: 모범택시2

Director: Park Joon-Woo

Writer: Carlos (webcomic), Lee Jae-Jin (webcomic), Oh Sang-Ho

Network: SBS

Episodes: 16

Release Date: February 17th, 2023 - April 8th, 2023

Runtime: Friday & Saturday 22:00-23:10

Language: Korean

Plot Synopsis 

Kim Do-Ki (Lee Je-Hoon) graduated from the Naval Academy and became an UDT (underwater demolition team) Official. His mother was murdered by a serial killer and his life changed afterwards.

Kim Do-Ki is now a deluxe taxi driver and works for Rainbow Taxi Company. The company is not just an ordinary taxi company. The company offers a special "revenge-call" service. If clients ask them to take revenge, Kim Do-Ki and his co-workers will perform the service.

Cast 

Lee Je Hoon as Kim Do Gi

Esom as Kang Ha Na

Kim Eui Sung as Jang Sung Chul

Pyo Ye Jin as Ahn Go Eun

Lee Yoo Joon as Investigator Hwang

Cha Ji Yeon as Baek Sung Mi

Source: Asianwiki | MyDramaList  | Dramawiki

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Taxi Driver, 모범택시, temp thread, Fri-Sat @2200KST

My first impression of this drama is similar to Knight Rider from the 80s minus the talking car, Kitt hehe Yeah Tita feels! :tounge_wink:

I love the gadgets, too, from the pager to the changing of the car plates :) and the control booth! I can stay there forever haha

The cast is great! I can feel the intensity of Je Hoon’s emotions through his eyes. Is it just me that I can’t still trust Kim Eui-sung as Jang Sung-chul. But don’t get me wrong, I love him as an actor hehe

Kudos to the continued strong average nationwide ratings of 12.3 percent and 14.2 percent for its two parts from Soompi's article (Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1465733wpp/taxi-driver-soars-to-its-highest-friday-ratings-yet-as-undercover-remake-premieres-to-promising-start). Taxi Driver deserved every percent of the high ratings & popularity. Hope they could maintain it for the rest of the series.

I couldn't agree more with Luna & missvictrix's reviews. You may check their thoughts by visiting these sites:
1. Taxi Driver Premiere Review: Lee Je-hoon serves cold revenge in style
2. Taxi Driver Episodes 1-2 Review

Share me your feeeeeeels too! :popcornjackson:

• Like 1

I read in mdl that the episode 5 is based on real life crime.

Kudos to the writer and drama production on highlighting abuses in society. Can wait for ep 6!

I wonder what is the significance of the victims or rather the clients of the taxi driver meeting each other in the epilogue of ep5.. 

Why are most threads "temporary"? 

Anyways, with so many can of worms bein' opened in South Korea, and currently in K-Pop industry as well as their showbiz. Make me realize that most of K-Drama plots aren't so far fetched; that they're indeed art imitating life. Or not fiction based at all. Which makes it hard to stomach. 

Indeed us as the human race are scary.. We really need to learn to treat each other with kindness. Especially now with the ongoing pandemic I notice people around me are selfish & disregard others.

On to the ep. ha-ha just wanted to get that out of the way.. Liked that Go Eun look out for Do Gi though he finds her scary LoL. She seem to miss her sis v.much. I have lost loved ones I understand her sadness.. 

The 2 mechanics from Deluxe Taxi crew look like 3 stooges! Maybe it's their hair. Uh-oh Ha Na caught Do Gi on his "mission". Hope she doesn't jeopardise his identity etc.. 'Cause I really want to see those ******** get their ***** kicked. 

OMG. Go Eun is on a rampage and I'm SO READY. Her poor sis.. Ugh South Korea make such a PR image of perfection, zero crime and tolerance which is just plain BS. 

I hope Do Gi takes out the "trash" and give 'em what they deserve as usual. I can't stand Ha Na. She's on my nerves. 

The U Data company is more a cult than anything. It's almost caricature like. I just felt sick literally watching this. Oh loved Do Gi when he gets into nerdy mode and then switches to cool awesome mode LoL. 

@ryanallright

It is based off on real cases that's why it's hard to watch. At least for me:tounge_wink:

• Like 1

At thes start of ep6, I was worried that U Chairman, Mr Park would die of heart attack from all the screaming when his company stocks went up... crazy... haiz... 

Also the actor who potrayed the abusive chariman looks so simiar to the guy in the real case... uncanny resemblance. Amazing. 

And the prisoner who escape from getting his cornea eyes out,... yes, that was a weak plot. Had it been gruesome for a PG19 drama.. he would have use the shard of glass and plunged it somewhere it would be an instant kill... 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 3:50 PM, Ahjumemshie Lee said:

My first impression of this drama is similar to Knight Rider from the 80s minus the talking car, Kitt hehe Yeah Tita feels! 

Actually it feels like a mix of all retro drama - Knight Rider, Airwolf (the music?), The A-Team, Mission Impossible etc.

South Korea really knows how to make drama with logic thrown aside. Deluxe Taxi team is so efficient at investigation that all revenge are completed in a short time period.

It is still an enjoyable ride tho!

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The prisoner will be making a return soon to take revenge

Hope Mr Jang found out about Ms Baek and all her doing asap.

Casting Pyo Yejin as replacement for Go Eun was the best decision, tbh her vibe as Go Eun will be more convincing than the previous casting.

With Pyo Yejin portraying, Go Eun's r/s with Do Ki is more realistic n convincing for me.

• Like 2

I'm really hooked so far, the show has it's flaws but that doesn't stop me from highly enjoying it, one being the escape of Jo Dochul, like shouldn't he have been rather malnourished yet he had the strength to fight that big guy and I think he should have been surveiled better in general, I also find the prosecutor storyline a little weak so far/can't find myself caring about it much

Kim Doki switching his personality as he goes undercover is definitely the highlight of the show, he is hilarious and it's such good way to lighten the mood as the show tackles those dark themes, I thought it would be hard to top teacher Insung but the scene where he switched departments was just as funny

Not sure where they are going with their relationship but I really enjoy those scenes between Doki and Goeun, they are really sweet and they have nice chemistry

I'm so glad Pyo Yejin got to play Goeun, she fits the role so well and is really charming

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 11:36 PM, ryanallright said:

I believe most of the cases all either real cases or inspired by real cases

For example, the 1st guy which they kidnap was based on the real ex-convict who was released recently

School bullying in South Korea is so common as well

Yes @ryanallright most of the cases are inspired by real ones. Surprised with ep 1's exploitation of PWDs huhu

On 4/25/2021 at 7:46 AM, sandjh said:

Love this, Lee Je Hoon and his drama choices and work don't disappoint

Binged watched up to 6 all night lol

@sandjh watched Je Hoon's Time To Hunt movie on Netflix, hope there's a sequel because I'm not satisfied haha

16 hours ago, dzareth said:

Actually it feels like a mix of all retro drama - Knight Rider, Airwolf (the music?), The A-Team, Mission Impossible etc.

South Korea really knows how to make drama with logic thrown aside. Deluxe Taxi team is so efficient at investigation that all revenge are completed in a short time period.

It is still an enjoyable ride tho!

@dzareth I'm not familiar with Airwolf or maybe I forgot :) Mr. T of The A-Team! hahaha Taxi Driver's creative team is really digging on those cases to tell us that it's happening everywhere..

• Like 1

Loved the series so far. And I want to say I love Ha Na a lot! All main characters have their own drama while Ha Na have not,but she still care about people,their tragedy and trying to do her job right even the main prosecutor doesn't want her to be so deep. And it is interesting what will be in the end, will she become a part of team? Because to be honest all this idea about criminals being re-educated is a trash for me. We have the system, it is just not working the right way. I like Je Hoon since his role in Signal and finally he has an interesting character to portray in drama) In my view there won't be any love line cause it is not necessary.

• Like 1

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/04/688_307816.html

Vigilante-style dark heroes: 'Vincenzo' and 'Taxi Driver' on rise

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2021-04-26

08713697-38E7-40E9-A478-94089B950307.jpg

Posters for tvN series "Vincenzo," left, and SBS series "Taxi Driver" / Courtesy of tvN and SBS

Vigilante-style series are seeing popularity on the small screen, reaching peak viewership ratings over the weekend ― 16 percent for SBS's "Taxi Driver" and 12.3 percent for tvN's "Vincenzo."

The action series "Taxi Driver," which started with a 10.7 percent viewership April 9, saw its highest rating with the latest episode Saturday. It has been praised for offering a sense of catharsis through the dark hero characters' unconventional style of seeking vengeance against criminals.

The series follows a taxi company that runs an unusual service offering to take revenge on behalf of clients. Led by the owner Jang Sung-chul (Kim Eui-sung) and driver Kim Do-ki (Lee Je-hoon), a group of people with a distrust of the legal system, band together to take matters into their own hands.

When the clients who are victims of violence or injustice come to the company as a last resort, the group goes into action to seek justice, which oftentimes involves illegal acts such as hacking, theft, abduction and assault.

The content is based on the experiences of real-life victims, such as forced labor, school bullying and abuse in the workplace.

The series director Park Joon-woo noted that watching this series could scratch a viewer's itch for justice in a world that seems filled with crime.

"Many people feel that appropriate justice has not been served on many notorious criminals, like child rapist Cho Doo-soon's case," he said during a media conference for the show. "So we intended to deliver an encouraging message … through satisfying revenge stories."

A8862AD0-B176-4E98-8A57-45F77F0B6778.jpg

A scene from "Vincenzo" / Courtesy of tvN

The comedy crime series "Vincenzo" also revolves around a dark hero, Vincenzo (Song Joong-ki) who is a Korean-Italian mafia lawyer.

The lead character, whose everyday business involves murder, is far from being a crusading justice-seeker. But when he travels to Korea on business to protect a derelict building and a hidden vault full of gold underneath it, his life changes.

A conglomerate, led by the crooked, sociopathic villain Ok Taec-yeon, tries to buy the building to tear it down. This leads Vincenzo to form an alliance with its tenants and eventually to seek justice against the illegal deeds committed by the conglomerate.

The cold-hearted Mafia consigliere uses his ruthless skills sparing no mercy for the bad guys, to take down the mastermind behind the notorious company.

The series started with a one-digit viewership rating Feb. 20, but it soon surged, reaching over 10 percent after just four episodes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Esom is the 1st female lead right?

So far, I still could not see any much progress in the storyline for her character

Yeah, but we are slowly getting more of her character. I think u data case will be the starting point of her interactions with main lead and others.But after first 2 episodes I was a little confused why we are getting more of Go Eun than Ha Na.