Writer: Joo Jin
Network: OCN
Episodes: 6
Release Date: Sep 25, 2021 - Oct 10, 2021
Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 22:30
Genre: Mystery / Thriller
Language: Korean

Plot Synopsis 
Set in 1999, Choi Hyung-In (Yoo Jae-Myung) works as a detective. 10 years earlier, his wife died in a terrorist attack. He still has not gotten over his wife's death and he carries guilt over her death. One day, he investigates a murder case that took place in a small town. He begins to suspect that the murder case is somehow related to the terrorists, who took his wife's life.

About 10 years ago, Jo Jung-Hyun’s (Han Ye-Ri) older brother took part in a terrorist attack. After that, her life collapsed. She was then labelled as a member of a terrorist's family. Yet, Jo Jung-Hyun was able to rebuild her life thanks to her niece, who is the daughter of her older brother. Her niece suddenly goes missing and Jo Jung-Hyun struggles to find her.

Jo Kyung-Ho (Um Tae-Goo) is a mysterious prisoner, sentenced to life in prison. Back in 1989, he came back to South Korea, after studying in Japan, and released sarin gas at a train station in his hometown. After that, he turned himself in and was given the life sentence.

Cast

Yoo Jae-Myung - Choi Hyung-In

Han Ye-Ri - Jo Jung-Hyun

Um Tae-Goo - Jo Kyung-Ho

Lee Re - Jo Jae-Young

Park Mi-Hyun - Kim Kyung-Sook

Jo Bok-Rae

Heo Jung-Eun - Moon-Sook

Source: Asianwiki | MyDramaList

Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

01.Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

02.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

03.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

04.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

05.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

06.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Hometown, 홈타운, @KST Sat. & Sun. 22:30, airing in September
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ICYMI:  casting update talented 15 yr old Lee Re added to the drama.

In case you're not familiar, she was the  school teen in the episode 10 and last scene of Move To Heaven. Also she was in Hello Me drama..  good acting.

Me lookin at the photos tryin to imagine Uhm Tae Goo as father tto teenager in drama. Gotta be hottest dad, I bet! :glasses:

We'll see him OCN Hometown!

Also the actor below added as cast to the drama.

• Like 1

ICYMI:  Heo Jung Eun.... added as cast to the drama. She's  a future daesang winner. She's that good. Yup calling it as it is.

I'm hella confused. So this is not OCN but tvN. 

We're talking about one and the same drama Hometown right?

@gm4queen can we update. Thanks.

• Like 1

@jongski There are two dramas with similar name, this one - Hometown, and there's also Hometown Cha Cha Cha. The two are completely different dramas though with different actors & actresses and broadcasting on different broadcasting company, tvN and OCN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

bf28ac12403844a1aa4062f73c070530.jpeg?s=

Yoo Jae Myung Hunts Down A Serial Killer With Connections To A Terrorist In “Hometown”

Aug 13, 2021

by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “Hometown” has released the first stills of Yoo Jae Myung.

“Hometown” is set in a small rural town in 1999 and centers around Choi Hyung In (Yoo Jae Myung), who is investigating a series of strange murders, and Jo Jung Hyun (Han Ye Ri), who is searching for her missing niece. The two of them become involved in a mystery that also includes the terrorist Jo Kyung Ho (Um Tae Goo). It is directed by Park Hyun Suk (“Forest of Secrets 2”).

Yoo Jae Myung stars as Choi Hyung In, a police detective in the violent crimes division. He lost his wife in the Saju Station terrorism incident of 1987 and has lived with a constant sense of guilt since her death. 12 years later, in 1999, the town of Saju is thrown into turmoil once again when a series of murders take place. Choi Hyung In suspects that the serial killings are connected to the old terrorism incident as well as the family of the terrorist.

In the new stills, the actor shows his gravitas and charisma as a burdened police detective hunting down the person who threatens his beloved town once more. He pursues his investigation until the end even in the pouring rain. The production staff stated, “Yoo Jae Myung is an actor whose very existence implies trust. Through him, the character of Choi Hyung In is more impactful and three-dimensional. Please look forward to another iconic role from Yoo Jae Myung as Choi Hyung In, a detective who hunts for the shocking truth behind his wife’s death.”

Spoiler

yoo-jae-myung-hometown.jpg

hometown-yoo-jae-myung.jpg

hometown-yoo-jae-myung-1.jpg

“Hometown” premieres sometime in September.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483670wpp/yoo-jae-myung-hunts-down-a-serial-killer-with-connections-to-a-terrorist-in-hometown

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

It's coming very soon! Finally get to watch fav genre. Crime action mystery suspense psycho small town murder.

To notch cast. Impressive actors plus 2 young actors with a future Daesang winner.

Drama directed by the one who did Secret Forest.  You can tell I'm excited.

The two young actors.

• Like 2

This type of genre and the plot! I like a crime drama, Been waiting for another type like Beyond Evil.

Uhm Tae Goo  as  the terrorist Jo Kyung Ho a mysterious prisoner, sentenced to life in prison. Back in 1989, he came back to South Korea, after studying in Japan, and released sarin gas at a train station in his hometown. After that, he turned himself in and was given the life sentence.

E-Gga_vVQAMSTe9?format=jpg&name=small

Han Ye Ri as Jo Jung Hyun who is searching for her missing niece.  Her older brother took part in a terrorist attack. After that, her life collapsed. She was then labelled as a member of a terrorist's family.

E-GgaORVEAQe0dX?format=jpg&name=small

Yoo Jae Myung as as Choi Hyung In, a police detective in the violent crimes division. He lost his wife in the Saju Station terrorism incident of 1987

E-GgZCqVIAYrk2F?format=jpg&name=small

all stills ctto: tvN/twtr

• Like 1

If I haven't said it enough. This drama. The type I like. Small town murder. Mystery crime.

I like the actors in this drama. And even though Heo Jung Eun (13 yrs old) is not in the presscon. Her being in this drama as the besfriend of Lee Re (15 yrs old) character. She'll portray the niece who's missing, or abducted), I'm always excited to watch her becase... the acting! excellent.  Lee Re.. she's also one to watch..talented.

And the main adult cast.. like them! Uhm Tae Goo.. back on small screen after Night Paradise movie.

Like I said Uhm Tae Goo  is gonna be the hottest dad to a teenager! :wub:

Edit:

Spoiler

• Like 2