[Drama 2021] Voice 4, 보이스4

ferily

Procedural get better and better, is this effect of US investigation team? Haha. Man, I like Derek Jo so far. Jinhyuk is the least smart, Kangwoo has sharp observation but he can't control his anger and emotion, but Derek is so professional. Anyway. I like that Derek Jo calm the villain like the FBI agents in Criminal Minds do. (when I said Criminal Minds, it refers to the original one from CBS, not that one suck Korean adaptation) And I always like the episodic case.

Daeshik seems to get better role, I hope the PD team has learned how to empower him from his counterpart in Japan adaptation and let him sometimes beat up the criminal or get a clue. And I wish Joongki and Kwangsoo get that too even if it was just beating up the gangs. My problem in K-drama is just how they rely too much to the lead male when VOICE is about team (I really grumble because J-drama in this genre handle better about teamwork). When I said this, it ain't about Joongki and Kwangsoo get personal case involving their wife, but their function in the team for not just running and running seeking the culprit. At least, Joongki is now the team captain so he could give Derek order.

Though, I dont get why Derek become a part of Golden Time Team when their daily case isn't intersected with the main case (aka chasing Circus Man who killed his sister). I still get why he help to rescue the ahjumma in the dog case because she's one of passenger and he needs to ask her. But the next one with drug dealers and female divers?

I'm amazed how taking off a mask mean Circus Man's body also turn as a man. I know Lee Hana play double role which is amazing, but at least, they could hire actor with slender body type to be the real Circus Man even if Lee Kyuhyung is great to play villain (I know him from Secret Forest).

Other critic is when Kang Center could translate Russian. I mean, we have the multi-language officer since season 01. The scene would be better if she just told Derek about someone suspicious talking in foreign language. Then, after they they catch the Russia guy, he talked in Russian instead of English so Derek/Kwonjoo need to ask Eunsoo about it. It'd also be better if she spoke in english sometimes with Derek when his LAPD teammate is around instead of taking Eunsoo's specialty role. We know she studied in US to be voice profiler in Season 01 before returning to South Korea Police Agency. So why not show her english ability?

• Like 3

I take my word a bit.

I've watched Eps 6 and it's nice to see Joongki notices the man in the cliff isn't dead by committing suicide.

The cops in Season 01 are very dumb because they always easily said the culprits commit suicide twice.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2021 at 12:26 AM, jouleoppa said:

I'm amazed how taking off a mask mean Circus Man's body also turn as a man. I know Lee Hana play double role which is amazing, but at least, they could hire actor with slender body type to be the real Circus Man even if Lee Kyuhyung is great to play villain (I know him from Secret Forest).

Exactly! I mean i could live with the DID plot but somehow my brain just could not connect Lee Ha Na and the Male Villain as "1" person...but thankfully i could brush it aside as overall the pace and the actors & actresses' acting brought the story to life. Anyway i hope they show more on the Circus Man as well as Derek Cho past - he was from Vimo island after all and how does Lee Ha Na fits into all these...cant wait!

We are at the halfway mark....are there going to be 12 or 16 episodes? 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Exactly! I mean i could live with the DID plot but somehow my brain just could not connect Lee Ha Na and the Male Villain as "1" person...but thankfully i could brush it aside as overall the pace and the actors & actresses' acting brought the story to life. Anyway i hope they show more on the Circus Man as well as Derek Cho past - he was from Vimo island after all and how does Lee Ha Na fits into all these...cant wait!

We are at the halfway mark....are there going to be 12 or 16 episodes? 

14 episodes, apparently. (namu.wiki - https://namu.wiki/w/보이스 4)

• Like 3

This season for me is quite nice. The last 2 episodes where the story of animal like man and the drug case where the teenager hide in the water is quite exciting to watch. Also now the we know LKH is the villain, his acting skill is very good from past dramas. So I look forward to watch every weekend. Hope the viewership will go up, it’s quite low now. And recent article published that the drama storyline does not live up to past action and even said til now only Lee Hana is carrying up the drama. Although yes she is carrying the drama but I totally disagreed that the story line is no good. Recently precious thriller undercover also very nice but quite Low viewership. A bit disappointed to Korean choice. Anyway hopefully viewership will go high.

• Like 5

On 7/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, CA C said:

This season for me is quite nice. The last 2 episodes where the story of animal like man and the drug case where the teenager hide in the water is quite exciting to watch. Also now the we know LKH is the villain, his acting skill is very good from past dramas. So I look forward to watch every weekend. Hope the viewership will go up, it’s quite low now. And recent article published that the drama storyline does not live up to past action and even said til now only Lee Hana is carrying up the drama. Although yes she is carrying the drama but I totally disagreed that the story line is no good. Recently precious thriller undercover also very nice but quite Low viewership. A bit disappointed to Korean choice. Anyway hopefully viewership will go high.

I am surprised to read this.  I didn't watch the past season.  But I think this is one of the best dramas.  

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I'm a bit disappointed at how they handle Eunsoo. Daeshik improves a lot compared to Season 1 and I like that what he chase is caught by him, not Derek (or Jinhyuk in the past). So, when I watched Eunsoo enter the secret room by herself, and after it's shown that the main culprit is also woman, I expected high that this would be her moment. I know this case is her first mission as dispatch team member, but still, her opponent is a woman like her! Or maybe this eps is for Daeshik since he captures two culprits.

On 7/3/2021 at 11:26 PM, jouleoppa said:

Ok, so Eps 9 explain this. I dont check the realism but I'm okay with that since Kwonjoo's hearing ability itself is beyond normal. My complain is... they said the files is from FBI but why does the paper need to be translated to hangul?????

I hope Voice Japan Season 2 could ease my frustration about small mistake like this. You guys need to give a try to watch its adaptation of Season 1, I guarantee the procedural and the crime solving does make sense more. They dont copy 1:1 from original.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

So now KJ can know the sound is coming from the person's right/ left/ front/back? Haha...

At least previously she got the person to move then she can advise whether the sound got louder or softer, which is more realistic.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 7/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, CA C said:

I agree with you! The villian totally nailed it!...no wonder Circus Man was revealed in the past 2 episodes, we are only left with 4 remaining....anyway KUDOS to all supporting actors, i feel so immerse in the story plot whenever i watch it...italways keeps me on the edge...

• Blob 1

On 7/3/2021 at 9:43 PM, Blizzardistkaputt said:

Yeah, why the switch from tvN to OCN? OCN dramas are more toward detective dramas, lots of blood and gore.

Is the villain a continuation from Voice3? we saw a backview of a woman playing a piano in the closing scene of Voice3.

I couldn't recognise that the diver instructor was a cop in the first series......i mistook him for Jang Hyuk until I googled. He had such refined looks then......

That haenyeo lady diver case is breath-taking:omg:. Is she really a haenyeo? There were so many scenes of her submerged in water......it looks like a single take.

I must admit, after being a fan of Voice 1 to 3, I watch the last minute of last night's episode before sitting through the entire episode......didn't want to watch any gruesome ending. 

ONE THING I AM DYING TO ASK>>>> do GPS work underwater? I thought only sonar waves can travel underwater.

Same question. I don’t know if it’s just me but the vibe of the series changed when it switched to tvN. It felt different when it was on OCN. The OCN vibe is more engaging and the plots are better for me but it’s just my opinion. 

This season is good but I got bored in some ways. There’s not enough tension built and the plot is just going around. With only 4 episodes left, I wish the story-telling will become better and the series will not end disappointingly. 

Plus, haven’t heard the Voice theme song in this season yet. My, it feels like this season is not part of the series. :(

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

EVENT: Celebrity Sightings

Have you met your favorite oppa? What was he like? Was he taller than you expected? :love:

Or do you want to meet him? What would the meeting be like?

Or did you meet a local celebrity? A sports figure maybe?

Share your stories with chingus on the Celebrity Sightings thread.

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth @Lmangla

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

I did not watch Voice 1, 2, 3 but I started watching voice 4 because of Song Seung Hun....he did not disappoint....in fact I am impressed to watch him acting as a detective from LA.   Life has been tough for him since young and he turned out to be such a fine guy catching villians.

Since I am enjoying Voice 4 so much, I have actually gone back to watch Voice 3.... 

Highly recommend Voice 4, the pace is good, the suspense is good, the storyline is interesting.....  Some scenes looked pretty tough to film but the cast did well.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 1:06 PM, mtracy07 said:

Same question. I don’t know if it’s just me but the vibe of the series changed when it switched to tvN. It felt different when it was on OCN. The OCN vibe is more engaging and the plots are better for me but it’s just my opinion. 

This season is good but I got bored in some ways. There’s not enough tension built and the plot is just going around. With only 4 episodes left, I wish the story-telling will become better and the series will not end disappointingly. 

Plus, haven’t heard the Voice theme song in this season yet. My, it feels like this season is not part of the series. :(

Your right! Season 4 doesn't really play the Voice them song that much as the past seasons! I'm kinda disappointed that Kang Joo backstory is still not fully address yet even at the latest episodes 11 & 12. We now know sort of the backstory of Detective Cho & his family history - abit brief, but seeing that the are going to devote the last 2 episodes to Circus man and the community of Vimo, i hope the writer will be able to play out the story in the last 2 episodes and not try to close and tie up all loose end haphazardly. 

So we now know that Circus Man has 3 personalities in him, so it means that 1 "Man" actually did the killings even though in the first few episodes we sort of saw 3 people (representative of the different personalities) murdering the victims... Anyway isit just me or this season the number of cases that the GTT solved are actually lesser than compared to the past few seasons? 

Lastly, silly fangirl still wish there is some romantic interest with KJ & Detective Cho...hahahah

• Like 2