[Drama 2021] Dal Ri and Gamjatang, 달리와 감자탕

ferily

Saw ep8, they didnt show his reaction to the kiss!...  sigh...

We know he is affected but we didnt see what he was going to say after Dali kissed him... next episode is bound the better i think

Anyways, checked the ratings, though Dali & CP is no.1, but im surprised its at about 5% ratings.. like why... :huh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Saw ep8, they didnt show his reaction to the kiss!...  sigh...

We know he is affected but we didnt see what he was going to say after Dali kissed him... next episode is bound the better i think

Anyways, checked the ratings, though Dali & CP is no.1, but im surprised its at about 5% ratings.. like why... :huh:

Although they didn't show his reaction right away after the kiss, at least it was shown to us that he wasn't planning on brushing his teeth for a day (I think to preserve DL's kiss on his lips, haha). 

Yeah, he was pretty affected that's why he was kind of offended and hurt when she said that that kiss was perhaps a mistake or an accident. But that's fine because that's what triggered him to be straightforward and asked DL to think about whether it was really just a mistake or not. 

I think the next episodes will be full of cuteness and jealousy. I know 100% that she'll end up with MH, but I did find her moments with TJ in the past very and cute and sweet except for the things after he did what he did. I felt bad for DL's pain, and for her dad Nak Cheon who had to kneel down but was just left hanging and dejected. The background music used also added to the feels.

Next episode will be a matter of trust again between the two leads since it's starting to be very complicated - which means more misunderstandings will come their way. And more revelations and confessions.

About the ratings, I think it's because a lot of shows were being aired so all the tabulation has to be divided? I'm not really sure how it works but I'm glad that this drama is doing well on Wednesday and Thursday nights. 

Dali_and_Cocky_Prince-CP01-1.jpeg

Saw this picture out of the blue and now I wonder whether Won Tak will end up with Secretary Yeo. Haha! 

• Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

Although they didn't show his reaction right away after the kiss, at least it was shown to us that he wasn't planning on brushing his teeth for a day (I think to preserve DL's kiss on his lips, haha). 

Yeah, he was pretty affected that's why he was kind of offended and hurt when she said that that kiss was perhaps a mistake or an accident. But that's fine because that's what triggered him to be straightforward and asked DL to think about whether it was really just a mistake or not. 

I think the next episodes will be full of cuteness and jealousy. I know 100% that she'll end up with MH, but I did find her moments with TJ in the past very and cute and sweet except for the things after he did what he did. I felt bad for DL's pain, and for her dad Nak Cheon who had to kneel down but was just left hanging and dejected. The background music used also added to the feels.

Next episode will be a matter of trust again between the two leads since it's starting to be very complicated - which means more misunderstandings will come their way. And more revelations and confessions.

About the ratings, I think it's because a lot of shows were being aired so all the tabulation has to be divided? I'm not really sure how it works but I'm glad that this drama is doing well on Wednesday and Thursday nights. 

Saw this picture out of the blue and now I wonder whether Won Tak will end up with Secretary Yeo. Haha! 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493524wpp/dali-and-cocky-prince-maintains-no-1-ratings-as-reflection-of-you-sees-drop-for-2nd-episode

Doesnt seemed like wed and thurs are drama days in korea.. ratings are bad in general...

But yes while MH did think of not brushing his teeth, but i do wonder if the actor KMJ is not used to kissing scenes...  if he reacted, his mouth could just move.. touching the upper lips as what most actors do.. haha.. im thinking perhaps he lacks the experience... 

MH's picture in that poster.....  reminds me of Pierce Bronson's The Thomas Crown's Affair... great movie, loved the mystery.. but generally love Pierce Bronson (aka the other James Bond) since his drama days... maybe the picture is a reference to that movie?.. hmm:)

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493524wpp/dali-and-cocky-prince-maintains-no-1-ratings-as-reflection-of-you-sees-drop-for-2nd-episode

Doesnt seemed like wed and thurs are drama days in korea.. ratings are bad in general...

But yes while MH did think of not brushing his teeth, but i do wonder if the actor KMJ is not used to kissing scenes...  if he reacted, his mouth could just move.. touching the upper lips as what most actors do.. haha.. im thinking perhaps he lacks the experience... 

MH's picture in that poster.....  reminds me of Pierce Bronson's The Thomas Crown's Affair... great movie, loved the mystery.. but generally love Pierce Bronson (aka the other James Bond) since his drama days... maybe the picture is a reference to that movie?.. hmm:)

Oh, is that so? I'm not really quite knowledgeable about how Korea's general rating works but I think it is still good to learn that D&CP has been maintaining its spot. Hopefully, audience can be informed how their ratings work and will let us know the difference between other type of ratings. 

Not sure about KMJ's experience when it comes to kissing scenes because I've only seen him in "Goblin" but he was still young when he appeared on that show. I'm planning to watch him and Park Gyu Young in their movie Love Sling/Wrestler although they aren't the main pair there. It's just nice to know that they were able to meet and have scenes already even before they were chosen as the main casts for D&CP. Haha. Are you going to watch it, too? KMJ was paired with Lee Sung Kyung there, I believe. No wonder they have a video of dancing together. Haha.

I haven't seen that movie but it seems interesting upon reading your description of it. I can't tell if there's similarities or differences but I think KMJ's poster is a parody of the painting called The Pilgrim.

This is how it looks like:

The Pilgrim, 1966 - Rene Magritte - WikiArt.org

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

Oh, is that so? I'm not really quite knowledgeable about how Korea's general rating works but I think it is still good to learn that D&CP has been maintaining its spot. Hopefully, audience can be informed how their ratings work and will let us know the difference between other type of ratings. 

Not sure about KMJ's experience when it comes to kissing scenes because I've only seen him in "Goblin" but he was still young when he appeared on that show. I'm planning to watch him and Park Gyu Young in their movie Love Sling/Wrestler although they aren't the main pair there. It's just nice to know that they were able to meet and have scenes already even before they were chosen as the main casts for D&CP. Haha. Are you going to watch it, too? KMJ was paired with Lee Sung Kyung there, I believe. No wonder they have a video of dancing together. Haha.

I haven't seen that movie but it seems interesting upon reading your description of it. I can't tell if there's similarities or differences but I think KMJ's poster is a parody of the painting called The Pilgrim.

This is how it looks like:

Ah... i see i seee...  he always reminds me of Yeo Jin Goo.. they need to be in a drama together, haha

Him and Lee Sung Kyung acted together in Dr Romantic 2, and their dance video was a thing back then too.... i hope both of them will act in Dr Romantic 3 too... fingers crossed...

Oh they have another movie coming up? Will see if it has a nice sypnosis.. great to know the PGY has good filming parts now, after how her character ended in Devil Judge, which was annoying to me as a fan... heeee.. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Ah... i see i seee...  he always reminds me of Yeo Jin Goo.. they need to be in a drama together, haha

Him and Lee Sung Kyung acted together in Dr Romantic 2, and their dance video was a thing back then too.... i hope both of them will act in Dr Romantic 3 too... fingers crossed...

Oh they have another movie coming up? Will see if it has a nice sypnosis.. great to know the PGY has good filming parts now, after how her character ended in Devil Judge, which was annoying to me as a fan... heeee.. 

Yeah, everyone can see how similar-looking they are! They really need to play twins or brothers in a drama with actresses who also look the same. Haha. 

Oh, I remember. I've seen few clips of Dr. Romantic 2 with LSK and AHS. I forgot he was there, too. Haha. No wonder he and LSK are so close. Who knows they might be paired soon. Haha.

Anyway, no, that's actually an old movie. PGY and KMJ were together in a movie but no romantic attachment involved. Haha. Because KMJ's character will end up with LSK's, I think. It's a funny and heartfelt movie according to the description.

Speaking of romantic attachment, Da Li mentioned on the 8th episode that it felt nice to have someone asked her out after such a long time. So, I think MH and DL are on their way to their romantionship soon. Haha. It's funny how MH's dad realized how they feel for each other first before they can even admit it. Haha.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

Just like His son Dad may be uneducated and uncouth but he is very observant and must be much smarter than he seems. They had to be to build their business up and become so wealthy. I think he will quickly fall under Da Li’s spell as well ;)

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Just like His son Dad may be uneducated and uncouth but he is very observant and must be much smarter than he seems. They had to be to build their business up and become so wealthy. I think he will quickly fall under Da Li’s spell as well ;)

So true. I think he knows that matters of the heart is more important than the financial part. It's quite cute and funny seeing him winking at his son MH to show support in a not-so-obvious way. Haha. I think he will be a great ally once enemies strike DL since he knows MH will surely be dragged and affected by it.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

I overlooked the last part. And yeah, her death there still gives me mixed feelings. Haha. People said she died there just so she can shoot this drama. :sweat_smile: You're a PGY fan, too? High five! I'm quite happy that she's getting more projects and recognitions nowadays. ^^

3 minutes ago, RobinM said:

If he can stop being influenced by his ill intentioned dingbat wife and slimey step son that is…

I hope he isn't really influenced. I think he's just testing them or observing them about what kind of scheme they are planning against MH and others.

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Hello Chingus! :heythere:

The new poll is up!  :tenor:

Please vote. :heart1:

Episode 8 was good in more ways than one. We got our kiss. :love:

I also thought the moments from the past, between Dali and TJ were sweet and quite romantic. No wonder she was devastated after the break up. It broke my heart to see her father kneel before TJ. He was so heartless and cold. He better has a good reason to justify his action. I don't think I would be able to forgive and forget and give TJ  second chance, if I were Dali.  What is your idea of Art? Do you agree with Jin Moo-Hak? Are you finding his comic instances too tedious and repetitive? What are your thoughts, chingus?

Calling out all the chingus, please vote! :piggydance:

Welcome to the Thread/ Soompi @stefanie wong :happydance:

@BlackLotus1025 @RobinM @realistic2280a @backstreetboysfan @rocher22 @LeftCoastOppa @stefanie wong

@Latte_Anyday @youactlikeicare @D27Gjk68 @devotee @shinkeru @reddragon @heartoppaya @lila21 @ferily @Alice_Mady @marrez1 @moreenke @TheQueenReturns @evok @Bejaffled @tulip06 @

Your friendly neighbourhood EOs

Re @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

She needs to forgive TJ if not for his sake then for hers so she can move on from whatever pain she still feels. That said if her rejection makes him strike out at Moo Hak because of jealousy or entitlement it’s going to be very very difficult. Hopefully TJ is bigger than that. 

• Like 2

If we go with that theory which seems to be everyone’s guess ok he was an RickRoll'D for dumping her rain like that but  if he was forced to marry a woman he presumably never and and dump the one he did  t’s really not all his fault . 

• Like 2

Does Dali think that other art museums don't do stuff like this? They prob do hire PR firms to help with openings, especially ones that have been having the public issues that they have been. 

I just think in their argument she was wrong, and MH said some harsh truths that she needed to hear. Like its great that you want the art to be more important, but you can't lose sight that this is a business and you need money to run it. 

How did her father make his money? Was it only the art museum? 

Dali def noticed something in that tube, I hope she was smart enough to hide it. It has to be some paperwork, but I don't know what kind would be that important. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Calling out all the chingus, please vote! :piggydance:

Thanks for the poll @confusedheart!  I have submitted my votes already. Haha.

11 hours ago, RobinM said:

She needs to forgive TJ if not for his sake then for hers so she can move on from whatever pain she still feels. That said if her rejection makes him strike out at Moo Hak because of jealousy or entitlement it’s going to be very very difficult. Hopefully TJ is bigger than that. 

I think she has already forgiven him of what he did since she's no longer that awkward with him compared to how they were the first time they met after being apart for years. The thing is, she just really can not just forget of what he did and said because it was probably very traumatic and unbelievable. And in regards to TJ, to be fair, it was nice of him to not use the Da Li's situation in the past to his advantage. 

7 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Yes... TJ and Dali looked happy together in that old memory... i guess he was really forced to.marry someone else by his family and yet, he eventually got divorced.. sigh...  

6 hours ago, RobinM said:

If we go with that theory which seems to be everyone’s guess ok he was an RickRoll'D for dumping her rain like that but  if he was forced to marry a woman he presumably never and and dump the one he did  t’s really not all his fault . 

Yeah, it was pretty bittersweet. They looked so compatible and happy together, so it's quite devastating for sure on DL's part for TJ to just disregard her and their upcoming wedding like that. It seems like TJ was forced to marry but if he was forced to do it to save DL and her father's gallery, then that will be a different story. Imagine him choosing what he chose to do because he knows that's the only way to save DL and the ones she loves. Maybe what he told her was for her to elope with him and forget everything even their families since it was revealed in one of the past episodes that their families used to be rivals. Maybe his father/member of a family was the main person behind that land project everyone is dying to illegally do.

3 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Does Dali think that other art museums don't do stuff like this? They prob do hire PR firms to help with openings, especially ones that have been having the public issues that they have been. 

I just think in their argument she was wrong, and MH said some harsh truths that she needed to hear. Like its great that you want the art to be more important, but you can't lose sight that this is a business and you need money to run it. 

How did her father make his money? Was it only the art museum? 

Dali def noticed something in that tube, I hope she was smart enough to hide it. It has to be some paperwork, but I don't know what kind would be that important. 

I think both of them have their points on point. They are two different individuals with different perspectives since both of them were raised in opposite situations. Neither one of them was wrong. 

For Da Li who has been in love with art for so long, she probably prefers quality to quantity and for Moo Hak who has been familiar with how hard life and business can be, he mostly prefer much of quantity to quality. 

Her father gets his money via sponsorship, I believe. It was mentioned in the last episode, that those rich people don't mind opening their pockets to donate/sponsor because of her father and his influence.

Yeah, I think she was able to take a hunch that that file could have been very important since she knows that his father knows how important that art tube for her is. She'll probably put two and two together when she hears what TJ has to say about people buying land property surrounding the gallery.

• Like 3

@stefanie wong This is just what I have found so far:

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I think the next episodes will be full of cuteness and jealousy.

This was what exactly I've said in my previous post! Hooray for the cuteness and jealousy! Can't wait for next week. :hwaiting: I think both men will now try to man up. Haha! 

• Like 3