[Drama 2021] Dal Ri and Gamjatang, 달리와 감자탕

ferily

I agree with the comment about how she's basically using other people to appear dignified and charitable (couldn't remember the exact words).  In actuality, she's broke and though it's admirable that she wants to continue the family tradition, she should think about making money first before resuming the free education program. JMH didn't sugarcoat his words and he's been very consistent since day 1. 

JMH will change his perspective soon.  He's starting to change (a bit)  as evident in the scene with his father and the sales person at the second hand store. He needs to learn how to read the room, like quickly!  I keep getting second hand embarrassment from the scenes (shoe store & yogurt licking). I know it's part of his character but one can't help from hoping that the ML will get better and cuter throughout the series.

• Like 4

I was anxious when Da Li ate 1 of the lollipops from the blueprint carrier 'cause Lord knows how long it' s been there?! 

Even in her drunken stupor, Da Li remains elegant. She's really naive despite bein' more cultured than Moo Hak. 

That perp who broke into the art gallery look scary~ Wonder what's up with licking off of back of Yogurt lids LoL? Like I never thought it was a big deal. Only in South Korea LoL. They also always make a fuss over pineapples on pizzas or eating choc mint ice-cream or the size of a person's face. Why LoL. Weird. 

And that 1 dour faced female employee of the art gallery aish tsk. Her snarky remarks on Da Li doesn't make her even the least bit likable ugh. 

Moo Hak acts like an old fogey with the way he's such a scrooge on everything. He sounds like a lot of seniors here where I live especially with the way he whined over the price of an iced americano! "Is it sprinkled with Gold?!" ahahahah. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 5:27 PM, lila21 said:

I think English is becoming an international language which could be the language to communicate between people with different native languages. The world is becoming smaller and people travel to countries whose native language is different can become easier. It is also always good to learn another language. Just my opinion.

True.. there is a push in the last decade for kids to learn chinese as China becames a global economy, big business and big money..... two or three deacdes earlier, people thought Japanese or French were the languages to learn.. :lol: french more of cultural aspect while english generally for global communications 

• Like 1

@realistic2280a

Yup. Like where I'm from, many non-chinese families send their kids to chinese speaking schools. While more chinese kids enroll in private (English speaking) international schools; oo the irony. 

Which is why it's not surprising when a non-chinese speak fluent Mandarin in comparison to a Chinese who can't aka a "banana". 

I was pushed to take Mandarin when I was back in school but kids were mean. They kept teasing my pronunciation which really discouraged me. 

• Like 1

Her father was beneficent and humanitarian but he was shitty business/money person so it’s understandable Dali is this way but don't businesses Korea that make a profit have in house accountants  and money people to stop all the bankruptcy, debt and shady money dealing we seen in every other drama? 

10 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@realistic2280a

Yup. Like where I'm from, many non-chinese families send their kids to chinese speaking schools. While more chinese kids enroll in private (English speaking) international schools; oo the irony. 

Which is why it's not surprising when a non-chinese speak fluent Mandarin in comparison to a Chinese who can't aka a "banana". 

I was pushed to take Mandarin when I was back in school but kids were mean. They kept teasing my pronunciation which really discouraged me. 

Yes, normal... kids being kids... if only like other Chinese dramas, there is always a boy, the best student of the school, who will teach you the language and eventually,  fall in love, get good jobs and live happily ever after.. hahaha... 

I havent watched the recent episodes of Dali yet.. seems like the comments were not favourable.. hmmm... 

I loved the first 3 episodes but didn't care for most of episode 4.  I couldn't warm to Dali, particularly when compared to her personality in the Netherlands.  I also disliked how Moo-Hak assumed making money with an Art Gallery is just like with a restaurant franchise (I'm sure it WILL be in the drama, but I don't believe that is realistic.)  However, I loved the scene with the two of them at the restaurant so I hope the next episode will pick up.

Oh how funny it was that the bulky men with Moo Hak were his chefs at the restaurant. I thought that he really hired them for real. Lol.

I guess I’m the only one who does not dislike her chaebol ex fiancé. I’m curious what could have happened when he broke up with Dali. But now he’s the one pursuing her. He’s the exact opposite of Moo Hak— quiet and reserved. He was pushy at the store intending to pay for Dali’s items. But I like that it didn’t take one second for him to decide changing his schedule so he can accommodate Dali. I’m not ready to write him off just yet. 

I think Dali needs to make some changes to her lifestyle since she is now having financial trouble. Now is not the time to be buying those expensive clothes or staying at expensive hotels. Surely there are alternatives to looking stylish or at least decent for her work and she could find cheaper place to stay. 

Those unguarded moments at the restaurant were my favorite  :wub:

• Blob 1

Being in the restaurant, at the gallery and seeing how empty it was, yes, thats Moo Hak's speciality... he is a businessman in the food industry, and he should be able to  managed the gallery turn it into a  profitble venture, together with the restaurant there.... im sure it will come to that...

As for Dali.. im not sure.. 1st episode did show that she could paint right? What is her future... 

She is a prodigy and seemingly academically Brilliant but that does not necessarily mean she has great artistic talents  herself and they have not mentioned any or any wish to be an artist herself. I also wonder if she has any other artistic talents or training such as music or dance as  that would be typical for elite Chaebol education.

Also have y’all seen the highlight video?  because there lots of cute upcoming scenes in it. 

Why they made her so clueless???

1. Just admit youre broke!

2. Why she doesnt hide the money at the motel.... just annoys audience with this ...haiz..

3. This mopping episide is too long.. need to move the plot...

4. Moo Hak's dad.. why all the screaming urgh.. and the slimey brother??

5. Is was that guy Dali's older brother? Was he at the funeral, to greet guests... :mellow:

What's up with Soompi yo LoL?! Been trying to post but unable to..:cold_sweat:

Hope this goes through.. 

I am gettin' increasingly frustrated with our leads. One is naive, the other - dense.:expressionless:

Da Li is supposedly the smarter & more cultured of the 2 but still.. sigh. Idk. And Moo Hak if you weren't a hottie with the deep voice I would've smacked you in the head myself. I still adore ya. :kiss_wink:

Like back off ok? Da Li obviously has pride and didn't feel comfortable in tellin' you more details. I felt suffocated how he kept prodding. 

The snarky curator is Da Li's relative's minion ugh. Just all round scummy characters. Also why is the sml still here LoL?! So unnecessary and a waste of a character. 

Of course in typical drama logic, characters may be strapped in debt but still got to look good right? Wear latest fashions, shoes, dark glasses, bags, cars etc. 

I enjoyed episode 6 the most since episode 2 but I still think the script is too cliched.  I'm glad DL started to be more actrive but I'd really hate Moo Hak if KMJ wasn't doing such a great job making him likeable (I almost NEVER like the ML!)

Am I the only one who really hates PGY's hair?  I liked it so much more in the flashback to the scene in the rain when JTJ dumped her.