[Drama 2021] Dal Ri and Gamjatang, 달리와 감자탕

ferily

Yeah, they have cash but no standing with chaebol or old wealth. Shady bro was talking about gaining status through making important connections. I don’t know if it’s a plot point later but Being with Dal Li would certainly gain entry into society.

I read in one of the Promos her rich suitor?   friend who helped her at the funeral believes Classes should not mix, like with like, ETC so he will  definitely be a road block. 

Also, are the detective and MHs girl pal going to have a love  line? It would unusual to have just one couple.

• Like 4

This is a fun drama to watch. How absurd that a piece of black olive can put a hole on a canvas that is coated with gesso and oil paints. It's not like the canvas is made from paper, lol.

From what I can remember, the stepbrother suggested to Moo Hak to lend 2M to the gallery, which will make them somewhat "cultured" and "sophisticated" (by association) since they are now rich but lacks the social status of the old rich.

But their father went ballistic so Moo Hak's stepbrother is trying to get the money back. But there was someone at the door, and he heard Da Li's father getting angry at someone. So I am thinking that the gallery owner's nephew was the culprit and the stepbrother witnessed it, that's why he's jumpy. It's got to be a murder case because Won Tak, a ward of Da Li's father is from the violent crimes unit.

In episode 1, Da Li's father got a call from someone and later he took something out from the back of a painting. It could be that someone, maybe the nephew who looks like a good for nothing guy (from his actions during the interview, with the fake tears), is using the paintings to smuggle goods (maybe drugs). It could be the female trainee who learned of it and tipped Da Li's father.

Hope the fun continues amid the more sombre crime investigation. Love the food Moo Hak creates.

• Like 3

On 9/24/2021 at 10:17 PM, Bejaffled said:

@realistic2280a I was so impressed with her language skills that I looked up her education/early life & found that she attended Busan Foreign Language High School. Which explains her fluency and pronunciation.

I think Moo Hak is rich, but not that multi generational/chaebol rich that spend a lot of money on "cultured" purchases like masters paintings etc. His (half?) brother in the glasses encouraged him to invest in the art gallery to buy them some legitimacy in the upper class/wealthy social circles as it seems their family, or their father became successful by working his way up in the food industry.

After the first 2 episodes, I'm definitely excited to continue watching this. It's light and humorous without any intense traumas to mess us up. Even the death of DaLis father and the mystery surrounding it hasn't been presented in a deeply tragic way that casts a shadow over our characters. Basically, it's just what I needed from a drama right now. 

I wondered because his apartment looked horrible..but their office looks very good.. hence my confusion...

I mean i like that he seemed to fall for her after meeting her and she has been very nice and soft when she talk... lets see how is he going to act by pretending to be Dali's bf infront of his ex- :D

Regarding some complained that foreigners are easily impressed when koreans speaks fluent English.. i mean, whats not to like right? I attended an online seminar yesterday and the japanese professor was saying how japanese kids will be learning English using online AI or something... and he said, im sure the next generation of Japanese will be able to speak better english by then, laughing... i thought that was cute statement from the professor :D

Now the question is.. why didnt MH's step-bro say anything about the Dali's father's death? Hmmm

• Like 3

Hello, I started watching this today because of my immense love for Kim Min Jae and so far I'm loving his very different character to Park Joon Young and how energetic he is. I love him. 

But, I'm also attracted to Dali's ex fiance for some reason. I feel like he's still in love with her? I might be wrong. The detective is Dali's brother or kinda brother? Because I feel like he may like Dali a bit more than a brother would. For some reason, her kinda conversation with her ex fiance is making me want to write a fanfic. LOL

I will continue to watch it, even if it's only for Kim Min Jae, who I absolutely love.

• Like 2

In the character chart the love line for the detective and Dali is strictly on his side. She she’s him as brother only. Between that and the ex fiancé and his girl pal probably getting the way our piggy Prince will have a time. 

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

This show wasn’t on my watchlist, but I’m glad I gave it a go because it’s really good!!

it has that fun vibe, the dialogue is witty, the leads are pretty and gorgeous. I loved that moment they met at the airport. The slow motion of their surroundings while they look at each other. 

The choice in their clothing is eccentric but it suits their characters. You see it when they’re together that they’re both very well matched and they are meant to be. Their clothes are a chaotic mix of prints and accessories but somehow they blend well, just like a beautiful art :lol:

For some reason, Kim Min Jae reminds me of Song Joong Ki’s Vincenzo. Maybe it’s the European setting and bgm. And the way they set up the “scam”. Replaying the 1st episode, Moo Hak was telling Dal li about scammers. And then he mistakes her for scamming him. Lol.

I can’t wait to see how Moo Hak gets out of his outburst at the museum. :glasses:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

So we got through all of episode 3 and Moo-Hak, with all his concerns over $$$, forgot to mention the watch even once? :blink:

Loving the way he clearly is concerned about Da-Li, despite his awkward/clumsy attempts to hide it ... like alot of you, this wasn't on my watchlist either, so glad I stumbled upon it

• Like 2

Ya know while Chaebol ex fiancé is giving off creep possessive  vibes I would not be surprised if Dali gets desperate enough to save her fathers legacy she goes back to him. 

I loved loved loved the Art appreciation for thugs! Scene. Teachable moments as they say :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So we got through all of episode 3 and Moo-Hak, with all his concerns over $$$, forgot to mention the watch even once? :blink:

Loving the way he clearly is concerned about Da-Li, despite his awkward/clumsy attempts to hide it ... like alot of you, this wasn't on my watchlist either, so glad I stumbled upon it

Hi everyone!

I can't believe I retrieved my Soompi pwd after all these years because of this drama.  I was never into any of the lead actors in this series but I think I will soon be one :selfie2:

I was wondering about JMH's watch too, like when is he going to ask about it? Did he forget about it or was he just distracted with the whole "problem" that he caused Dali when he barged into the gallery with all his minions? I think his secretary hasn't asked him about it cos she's still unaware that it was Dali that JMH met at Netherlands.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

ep 3 was good..

these thugs and their Boss ( Mahuk ) are so hilarious..:lol:

I didnt even know these thugs and I have something in common...

I dont even  have to understand a painting to like it...    :D

I like how Dali managed to solve the situation in the museum by giving them tickets.. that was smart...  :approves:

I dont think MH will ask for his watch  because he found out why Dali had to leave the country.

:wub:

dali-and-cocky-prince-3.jpg

KBS

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, realistic2280a said:

Regarding some complained that foreigners are easily impressed when koreans speaks fluent English.. i mean, whats not to like right? I attended an online seminar yesterday and the japanese professor was saying how japanese kids will be learning English using online AI or something... and he said, im sure the next generation of Japanese will be able to speak better english by then... i thought that was cute statement from the professor 

I think English is becoming an international language which could be the language to communicate between people with different native languages. The world is becoming smaller and people travel to countries whose native language is different can become easier. It is also always good to learn another language. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Oh please please oh please don’t let the drama become a killer/murder mystery and lose all or most of the Rom com fun and romantic plot!  If that happens I will be done with dramas for the first able future I swear. 

Even without subtitles I know he needs to lose some of that shouting and threatening the museum at her.The huge mixed messages he is sending her will only be cute for a little while longer anyway. 

• Like 1

Just finished episode 4 -

Going out on a limb here ... whatever that thief is after, its either connected to the pot that got sent to Moo Hak's father in ep 1 OR its in the bottom of Da-Li's art tube.

I really wish writer-nim would ease up on the financials with Moo Hak, every time he starts to get closer to Da-Li, in the very next scene he goes off on money and ruins the mood - we know he's astoundingly frugal but give it a rest, and get on with the heart feels - JAEBAL!

• Like 4