[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

On 10/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, aysha106 said:

If it's same as the manhwa then he likes fake crown prince (dam-i).

In my understanding of the manhwa it's a happy ending for me..

They are cousins so that explains the forbidden feelings part in the character description

I had a look at the manhwa but it was too confusing for me because of the artwork lol :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I liked the second episode as well. Now there are certain things I am not liking much, but overall I am liking the drama and the plot is still interesting. 

I actually liked that they didn't drag the whole truth being revealed from the princess and it was revealed pretty early to her. There wasn't much drama related to it, and they all ended this all in half episode or so. So I believe now there might be a scene where FL will confront her father for choosing to kill her, but for now the plot will move forward keeping this behind for now. 

Another thing which I didn't really expect to happen this early was for the ML to realize who his father really is. Got to say Jung Seok Jo is a determined man and a very loyal person to Han Ki Jae to pull off a stunt like that in front of son. He was more like a role model to his son, and throughout their scenes it was evident that ML always looked upto his father, and ruining that image also relationship since he wanted to make sure there was no one left looking for the "dead princess" is something big in my opinion. Such loyalties are too strong and dangerous in Sageuks. Although I do feel that in long run there could be change in his loyalty or Han Ki Jae not trusting him that much he does now, but for now he is a very valuable person to him. I honestly had expected this to happen after some episodes, and ML still believing and looking up to his father. 

Its also interesting to see Princess turning into an arrogant person not only to the servants and maids in Palace, but also to the other Princes and relatives. I believe she had to become this way so that she would be no longer approachable which would help her keep her identity a secret. She is actually without any ally right now, her mother is dead and no longer can protect her, and if her identity gets revealed, no one would be able to save her. Plus its interesting that she went the arrogant route, since she has got a politically very strong person at her back who also happens to be her grandfather, Han Ki Jae. So as long as her identity is secret, he will not really let anyone attack her politically. 

The King has another son with the new Queen, and so he will be contender to be Crown Prince if something happens to FL. So I expect the new Queen to be evil as well. Not sure about the Dowager Queen though. Not much is revealed about her and we have only seen her in like a couple of scenes. 

I look forward to this week's episodes and see how FL and ML will get involved with each other. By the looks of preview and how the episode ended, the ML will end up seeing FL and see her as a woman and not know who she is. 

Another thing I found interesting, which I have not seen much in cross-dressing dramas is that the FL is called out for having feminine facial features. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

On 10/15/2021 at 3:22 PM, andy78 said:

omg really?if that's the case i hope they'll change it too...both of them disappear and live out their lives together...is the best end for me...but will be hard...his dad did killed her brother!

Aigoo... it's like a Princess' Man ending

On 10/17/2021 at 1:26 PM, Sirry Usly said:

I’m really wondering how this is all gonna play out. Because she’s going to get caught eventually and she can’t remain the crown prince or become the king because well she’s a girl. 

From first episode, the uncle already think she's a girl haha.

It's going to be a real interesting ride! Tonight's episode will give us Eun Bin and Ro Woon meeting! :love:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 10/17/2021 at 6:48 PM, starveri said:

They are cousins so that explains the forbidden feelings part in the character description

I had a look at the manhwa but it was too confusing for me because of the artwork lol :sweatingbullets:

I think in that time even if they are cousins it's not forbidden to be get married? 

I read the manhwa in few days and the drama is not really same. They must have just kept the premise of twins exchange but the other characters are if not missing were changed and some are new?! 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

22 hours ago, aysha106 said:

I think in that time even if they are cousins it's not forbidden to be get married?

I think so because royal families tend to do that to keep the royal bloodline kinda like Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip (but they are third cousins).

7 hours ago, aysha106 said:

The forbidden love on Lee Hyun's character description must be of his love for the Crown Prince. Love between men is forbidden at that time right?

Well, I think that's the main reason it's forbidden too. He seems to be set up as the love rival to Jung Jiwoon and it will be interesting because they seem close from their younger days.

5 hours ago, aysha106 said:

It seems the assassin on the hunting ground is connected to Kim Ga On?

His character is a mystery for me. I don't remember reading about him on the manhwa.

That's the same exact sword with the plate and jade bead. So, that means the assassin is him or it can be a red herring like the assassin borrows his sword or something.

I hope he can be a friend to Lee Hwi as a fellow cold person instead of a love interest because we have enough already with Jung Jiwoon and maybe Lee Hyun.

I don't watch the third episode yet so I don't really know the exact details.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, aysha106 said:

I really hope Kim Ga On is a loyal royal guard to the Crown Prince! 

I'm sorry who Kim Ga On is? Did he already appeared in ep 1 or 2?

As I remember beside Hyun, Lee Hwi also has another cousin, who is he?

Dunno why in ep 3, I thought Hyun already knew that current Lee Hwi's a girl. Because when he prepared the gift, he seemed like a man who prepared surprise gift to his GF 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Dunno why in ep 3, I thought Hyun already knew that current Lee Hwi's a girl. Because when he prepared the gift, he seemed like a man who prepared surprise gift to his GF 

As of episode 3 Kim Ga On hasn't appeared yet. He was introduced on the highlight video along with the other characters. 

I think the other cousin is Prince Wonsan? The big brother of Lee Hyun? Not sure about this...

Hyun is acting like a man in love. Isn't it that when a man likes someone whether that person is a man or woman they will show the same attitude of showing concern, beeing sweet and wanting to give them gifts.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Kim Ga On doesn't appear yet but based on the character description released before the drama airing, he will be Lee Hwi's bodyguard.

You mean Lee Hyun's brother (I don't know if it's the same guy with the despicable uncle at the hunting ground or not) or the half brother?

I don't know exactly if Lee Hyun does know Lee Hwi's a girl. To me, it seems like he likes the real Lee Hwi instead.

Lol, aysha beat me to it :lol:

I have watched the third episode and enjoyed it too. Their first meeting/reunion always have Jiwoon drowning and Lee Hwi saving him. It's not enough with her disguising as a prince apparently, there's an evil stepmother in the mix now. The half brother seems nice so I hope him and Lee Hwi can develop a sibling bond that she missed out with her twin.

I can't help compare the murder of the court maid by Lee Hwi's mother to the murder of Dami's court lady friend by Jiwoon's father. It's pretty much the same but one's good, one's bad (?)

Edited by starveri
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, starveri said:

Kim Ga On doesn't appear yet but based on the character description released before the drama airing, he will be Lee Hwi's bodyguard.

You mean Lee Hyun's brother (I don't know if it's the same guy with the despicable uncle at the hunting ground or not) or the half brother?

I don't know exactly if Lee Hyun does know Lee Hwi's a girl. To me, it seems like he likes the real Lee Hwi instead.

I have watched the third episode and enjoyed it too. Their first meeting/reunion always have Jiwoon drowning and Lee Hwi saving him. It's not enough with her disguising as a prince apparently, there's an evil stepmother in the mix now. The half brother seems nice so I hope him and Lee Hwi can develop a sibling bond that she missed out with her twin.

I can't help compare the murder of the court maid by Lee Hwi's mother to the murder of Dami's court lady friend by Jiwoon's father. It's pretty much the same but one's good, one's bad (?)

I was about to reply to you and then refreshed and saw the edited part. :lol:

Hyun must have liked the real Lee hwi when they were young but then with Dami it changed to love. We might see a scene of him in confusion and the acceptance of his like for him as more than a friend hence the secret love he keeps.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, starveri said:

Wah you mentioned about LH's mom - the crown princess, killed the court maid similiar with JW's dad. In my opinion, the difference is LH's mom clearly explained the reason and with background story about her twin murdered, LH accepted that's one life from many lives she loves. For JW's dad, his reason still not clear enough for reason to kill and effect to not kill, for sure JW's dad couldn't told JW the reason related to the girl who JW liked

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 1