[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] COURT LADY, 骊歌行

pad-hari

Since this drama thread disappeared due to tech issues,  I am starting this temporary thread for the soompiers discussion on this drama.

qDrPB_4f.jpg

• Drama: Court Lady
  • Episodes: 55
  • Aired: Apr 15, 2021 - May 23, 2021
  • Aired On: Thursday, Friday, Saturday
  • Original Network: Tencent Video, iQiyi, Youku, iQiyi
  • Duration: 45 min.

Cast:

Xu Kai

Li Yitong

Tan Jianci

Fan Shiqi

Wu Jiayi

Jiang Mengjie

Synopsis:

Born into privilege as the son of one of the founding pillars of the Tang Empire, Cheng Chu Mo has never had any desire to do more than enjoy the ease of his own life. With no aspirations, no direction, and no ambition, his life was one of idleness and frivolity but all that changed, the day he first laid eyes on Fu Rou. The daughter of a local merchant, Fu Rou never imagined she would be one to inspire greatness in anyone, but when she meets Cheng Chu Mo for the first time, that’s exactly what happens. Instantly enamored by the far superior Fu Rou, Chu Mo is suddenly aware of his own shortcomings and vows to make himself worthy of Fu Rou’s love. Dedicating himself to his studies, Chu Mo grows in knowledge and maturity, hoping that someday he will be worthy enough to ask for Fu Ruo's hand in marriage. As time passes, he finds himself following in his father’s footsteps, volunteering to selflessly serve the country by defending the coast against a band of marauding pirates. While Chu Mo’s journey towards greatness sets him down one path, Fu Rou sets out on another. Leaving her family to become a master weaver in the royal palace, she soon finds herself entangled in palace schemes that could put not only herself but her entire family, in danger. Walking paths that don’t often cross, Chu Mo and Fu Rou must rely solely on their wits and skill to overcome the ever-growing number of enemies and obstacles that stand in their way. With so much opposition before them, do these two destined souls have what it takes to save their country and their love? (Source: Viki)

Details:

Cr:MDL

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional link:

coming soon.......

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @SC2019 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

• Lmangla changed the title to COURT LADY 2021 - [temp thread for the current Chinese drama]
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] COURT LADY, 骊歌行 , temp thread

Thank you @pad-hari.  I am on ep 16 subbed at my end....and right now I am 

Spoiler

waiting to see if Fu Rou can save CJ from the crown princesses jealousy ...not able :(

King Han wins this one....I like the way he finds excuses so he can sleep with his wife only 

• Like 2

No way, did something happen to the original tread? @pad-hari dear?

I was disappear from soompi too..something happen in my life. 

Hm, I download today until episode 16 but didn't watch yet...Like I said before, I really hope with 55 episodes we will have a happy ending....

They have already until episode 28 for the preview o.o that was fast. I just like the other future couple too!! A;ways love Xu Kai !!!!

credit to the owner 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miaka fy said:

No way, did something happen to the original tread? @pad-hari dear?

I was disappear from soompi too..something happen in my life. 

Hm, I download today until episode 16 but didn't watch yet...Like I said before, I really hope with 55 episodes we will have a happy ending....

They have already until episode 28 for the preview o.o that was fast. I just like the other future couple too!! A;ways love Xu Kai !!!!

There was some technical problem due to which the original thread got deleted.  So, this temporary thread.  Hopefully this will be merged with the original one, once the issue is resolved.  Until then, lets post our views in this temporary one. 

Oh whatever, please take care of yourself and be strong.  

Yes, they have released upto 28 episodes so fast.  But have to wait for the subs, anyhow.  I have yet to start.  Hopefully today, I will!!!  Heard good reviews for this drama, especially Xu Kai being so witty and comical.  :heart::love:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am SO enjoying this drama, they seem to overturn every old standard trope in dramas and I LOVE IT!  Never know what to expect and it is always entertaining, hopefully it will keep it up till the end.

• Like 3

Yes, at last I started yesterday with this drama and finished 8 episodes.  I liked it very much.  Xu kai as chu mu is excellent.  His expressions like a child after getting cheeky with Fu Rou is priceless.  Actually I like the second ML too.  The actors acting as CM's parents are cute too.  Love their bickering.  Sometimes when you see the parents acting like that, it's so entertaining and heart-warming.   I feel it's not going to end good for our OTP as FR coughed blood.  Hope it's not!!!!! Will continue with the rest today.  :sweet:

• Wiggle 1

Ok, I finished watching upto ep. 22 with subs and I have to say I am slowly losing interest.  In ep. 22 there was hardly any screen time for Xu Kai and here I am watching this drama mainly for him.  Why did the writer decided to pair them up in very early episodes??????  Even the other support characters are getting more screen time than him.  And what's with the King Zhou???? Why is he trying to win FR's heart when he knows that she is love with some other man.  He is becoming a highly irritating character.  Initially I enjoyed his character but not now.  He was better than the prince ze feng. 

Omo, another mention about Fu Yin.  Why did she take the wrong route and initiative for the revenge on her mother's murder.  Is she stupid?? When a good life was awaiting her she took a wrong decision and left the home.  WTH???? 

As the drama progresses, there are so many flaws in the characters.  I am going to watch next 5 episodes and decide whether to continue this or not??? 

BTW I saw some bts videos of the OTP, they were so cute and palyful.  Sad that they are not getting the screen time together. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] COURT LADY, 骊歌行

awesome stuff. i can't wait to start watching this drama once more episodes are out with subs. i like li yi tong so much as an actress. got hooked with her in LOCH, Bloody romance and sword dynasty. finished Fate and Dont think twice love's all right last month and just finished Royal Nirvana plus the 12 eps speical. I probably watched go go squid 2 while waiting for this to finish airing. Also like the pairing of Xu Kai. he was great in the Legend with bai lu.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

I will be rewatching all eps once subbed .......but because of my curiosity I tried watching new eps and of course  ff some scenes...bad girl here lol....so I missed

"How is Lu Yingying in this situation" ....what episode did she do the deed and I am assuming its with her Pirate /now reformed . ...au poor girl to marry a guy who can tell the difference and who is normally vicious ...now he will be relentless...oh s...t .  Did FR and CM do the deed as well ??? and what if she is pregnant and CM away fighting his own devils on the border line. 

• Like 1

@pad-hari in ep 34 when Lu Yingying marries to that vicious king/prince whatever he is ...and he strikes her the next morning for not being 'chaste '   Went back to 28 when all the ladies decided to loose their chastity lol. 

36/55  and Queen Han tells King Han gets to take off his clothes as soon as he came home lol...these two are my loves :love:

and what game is the pirate playing now with LYY ...hey buddy you know what her husband is like and you still approach her 

• Thanks 1

Talking about risking your all for the love of your man ....Fu Rou - ChuMu and Lu Yingying - Yan Zifang . Both of these girls are now crying and feeling helpless when their man abandon them .  Jealousy is a b..ch and even if and when they make up , Fu Rou  would always have to be on her guard for the next time .  How these two man do not see , and yet they are pretty good at their 'jobs' ,   how their actions would totally ruin these women. 

• Like 1

This drama is picking up in China and it is becoming the lead drama. 

Just finished watching up to episode 42 and I am absolutely depressed over the turn of events.

Spoiler

Queen Han death broke my heart. 

The only hope I have is when in the ending credits they show the stupid lovebirds getting married. 

• LOL 1

• 5 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] COURT LADY, 骊歌行