[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

I love the scenes from the past. His love hasnt changed. Im glad he doesnt want to leave

her alone. 

I understand why DY went to the king to ask for forgiveness. The whole family and the clan are in danger.

E1j2XeAVUAQ72Vg?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I like their bickering..  :D

E1k_d2kXMAEJzut?format=jpg&name=medium

MBN

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, RobinM said:

If he was Royal his love for the Princess would be distasteful and creepy to most viewers Even though marrying relations was normal and not given a second thought in pre modern cultures. 

You know, I forgot that the princess is actually royal. It feels like a lifetime ago that she was a yangban.

:Megalol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Trying to post a still without success of Cha Dol holding a pillow in front of SK? with his fingers to his lip probably about to do something that will annoy dad again

I don’t remember anything like this scene. Maybe deleted? 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Is he really royal or just yanban? I would assume Yanban ... as the Vice Minister tend to kill off political rivals for him to secure power and authority in the land... even if he is royal, im sure he must have a different family line from the princess, or removed far enough in the family tree for them to be together

The actor who acted as the princess father in law... sigh... he is always acting as as bad guy... sigh.. being creepy and annoying, treadmark of any seguk drama villian..

• Like 7

On 5/19/2021 at 7:35 AM, reddragon said:

That Dae Yeob shows that he's really a fool. He doesn't even want to listen to what the princess is telling him. He just wants his first love to go with him back to his home. It's the place that she's running away from and he wants to take her back there? He believes he can change his father's mind? An evil person using everything to gain power and money? He must be crazy.

finally caught up with the episodes; so he was totally giving Romeo Juliet dialogues. basically who cares if we die, lets die together kind of idea. he thinks that if they have some time together, then it is time well spent. what he doesn't get is that she is clearly telling him the ship has sailed. she has no interest in being by his side whether as a relation, platonic or romantic. she is also quite interested in being alive and actually has no death wish. however, he is still in love with her and stuck in the past. it is also interesting that you can tell the maturity difference between the princess and dae yeob. he is almost like a teenager insisting that it will all be okay but she is an adult telling him the real world is more complex and there is no solution for us together. for her, he is a chapter closed, something part of her youth and childhood. 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:41 AM, RobinM said:

If there was ever a drama where the OTP had their fated meeting in childhood and it actually made sense and yet they are not using the trope  it would be here. 

am not a fan of this trope and really glad the OTP didn't meet in childhood; think it clearly shows that princess and ba woo have an adult man-woman relationship and vibe from the start. whereas, dae yeob and princess relationship is an immature kind of infatuation mode and that actually blocks any possible future for them..  princess relates more to ba woo as a man and treats him that way. it feels more natural, like a matured love story. 

On 5/19/2021 at 8:15 AM, Thong Thin said:

I don't blame Dae Yeob for handing back Myeong Sa Cheol Gwon to the king cause he doesn't have a smart  brain.

He thought he could save his evil father but unfortunately he is wrong.

The King has plans up in his sleeve cause he trust no one from the palace except his right hand man.

Even, Court Lady Kim is up to no good, she is a 2 headed snake.

yea dae yeob has a very simple way of thinking. he really is quite sheltered and thinks that he can fix it. he is unable to even see his father for who he is... 

so I like that bawoo is a very reluctant hero. some might think how cruel it is that he keeps trying to get rid of the princess or cut ties with her. however, this is someone who has faced loss and is aware of the risks of crossing the political people. he lost everyone and is surviving - there is guilt in that. so he is much more aware of the danger of being with the princess as he doesn't know what troubles will bring. as a father, his obligation is first to his son. so it makes sense that he walks away from her yet again. 

the princess knows that she is potentially a burden but she is already attached even though she doesn't want to show it. liked the conversation they have when he says that she best move on before cha dol gets too attached to her. she also nods and says she feels guilty as he is such a kind child. so their interactions are already in kind of temporary friendship.

@rocher22 ~ dae yeob and bawoo bickering are amusing because they both recognize each other as rivals. had to laugh at the argument at the sleeping arrangements.

so bawoo and princess have already dropped the formality speech and are talking as equals. there is a relaxed and team kind of vibe. it is why people in the village just assume they are husband and wife. so that definitely stings dae yeob who is still stuck with formalities. 

Poll alert! have put a small poll -- if you have suggestions for future polls, let me know. :) 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

The actor who acted as the princess father in law... sigh... he is always acting as as bad guy... sigh.. being creepy and annoying, treadmark of any seguk drama villian..

He's always been casting as a bad guy cause he is good portraying that character.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:
8 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

He's always been casting as a bad guy cause he is good portraying that character.

he really gives me the creeps and I am hoping that he will get a bad bad ending. :sweatingbullets:

the king at least loves his daughter but is conflicted. one hand, he has to survive and this vice minister is basically curtailing all his power as king and even threatening in one sense. if he manages to get away with his lies, it means that king is also not safe. the vice minister on the other hand would not hesitate to kill anyone including members of his own family and have no feelings about it. wonder what will happen to him - will ba woo do some revenge against him?

8 minutes ago, andy78 said:

is DY princess father in law son?Or maybe he is his sister son?Some familly secret?

am leaning towards a family secret son. maybe the aunt and that guard? vote for your choice in poll above. :)

P.S ~ if chingus haven't noticed, soompi forums is recruiting moderators and event organizers. check out here for info.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

he really gives me the creeps and I am hoping that he will get a bad bad ending. 

the king at least loves his daughter but is conflicted. one hand, he has to survive and this vice minister is basically curtailing all his power as king and even threatening in one sense. if he manages to get away with his lies, it means that king is also not safe. the vice minister on the other hand would not hesitate to kill anyone including members of his own family and have no feelings about it. wonder what will happen to him - will ba woo do some revenge against him?

from my point of view, the Left Chancellor will either gets killed or face life imprisonment.

Dae-Yeob will die in the hands of his father & Ba-Woo gets his revenge.

And I hope for a good ending with Princess goes back to palace and Ba-Woo maybe being appointed as

a Minister.

• Like 5

from my point of view, the Left Chancellor will either gets killed or face life imprisonment.

And I hope for a good ending with Princess goes back to palace and Ba-Woo maybe being appointed as

a Minister.

The Palace is a Prison to SK and besides she certainly can’t be married to BW And live there. The rest sounds just about right though. 

• Like 7

a Minister.

I hope she doesn't go back to the palace. If she gets acknowledged as a princess, she will not be able to remarry and will have to stay a widow for the rest of her life. :sad1:

I hope she gets to live out her life secluded somewhere but with means...and Ba Wu at her side. Just a couple  of country nobles in some backwater...nothing to see here. That would be awesome. Not sure if the writers will let us have that (it's a sageuk after all), but I'm going to cross all of my fingers and toes.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I am pretty sure something like this will happen based on the last filming day photo.  Both dressed nicely, matching even, in noble costume but not anything Royal or official minister garb for him. 

Realistically speaking it would be impossible for a Royal Princess to actually stay permanently involved much less marry BW in his present condition. The Drama will let him get his place back. 

I don’t think Cha Dol will like the cumbersome outfit noble little boys wear though. Definitely not conducive to running and mischief;)

• Like 6

10 hours ago, RobinM said:

Trying to post a still without success of Cha Dol holding a pillow in front of SK? with his fingers to his lip probably about to do something that will annoy dad again

I don’t remember anything like this scene. Maybe deleted? 

I hope that scene isnt deleted...lovely...

162121847825.jpg

Chadol and Ong-Jja...       

E1j1_o2UcAQeD7V?format=jpg&name=4096x409

MBN

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

something refreshing to see apart from our wishful thinking that the widowed princess remarry and have a happy family of her own :hooray2:where the heroine clasps hand with the ML to pull him back on the horse with her riding the horse. wow@!!!!!!

v7msNE3.gif

hZCH1WB.gif

zkI8pXy.gif

cr: dc gall

There is also another discussion going on in DC gall if CD is BW's real son????

They did a photoshoot and an article about that.  In spoilers

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

the extended trailer for ep 7. looks good! 

also, just a little extra - jung il woo doing a 5 minute walking tour of the national musueum of korea. he is the ambassador and he did this vid for fans stuck at home in pandemic as musuem is not allowed visitors. looks like a cool place to visit! all history buffs, check it out!  (click CC for eng notes on the items shown)

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Bossam - OST part 7

I think the two of them are simply loyal to the princess. I like it.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:43 AM, Lmangla said:

also, just a little extra - jung il woo doing a 5 minute walking tour of the national musueum of korea. he is the ambassador and he did this vid for fans stuck at home in pandemic as musuem is not allowed visitors. looks like a cool place to visit! all history buffs, check it out!  (click CC for eng notes on the items shown)

Its an interesting and beautiful video.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Given that I can’t understand a word of the episode I have thoughts! 

* I know it’s heresy to say but Cha Dol’s crying is a bit much now. He was precious in the first few episodes though. 

*Ba Woo has not one but 3 angels on his shoulder trying to reason with him and get him to come to his senses now . Even his stubborn RickRoll'D should get a clue! 

DY! you mean well but you are getting one way! Put the sword and your naive noble idiocy aside for once!

• Like 3

Is Bw royal?... his grandfather, labelled  as a rebel leader and a father in law of the previous king?.. hmm...

On 5/21/2021 at 9:43 AM, Lmangla said:

Thanks for the video!  once Covid is over, im definately going to visit Korea... i hope there are English texts for international visitors to read on all the artifects. 

JiW.. whats with the hair.. heh

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1