[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

On 5/31/2021 at 3:17 AM, confusedheart326 said:

@Lmangla Thank you. You definitely should. Let other people 'discover' this very talented artist. I tried watching his previous drama after falling in love with his natural acting but TBH, I had to drop it. I tried watching 'Cinderella and Four Knights. I don't think it really explored him as an actor. The role wasn't challenging enough. Thanks to the channel, I am discovering him and the various sides of this actor.

Yes, his character was not very complex in 'Cinderella and Four Knights'. And I prefer the Ba Wu hair over his weird Kang Ji Wun hair. I think the only other series I've seen JIW in are 'High End Crush' and 'Haechi'.  'Haechi' probably had the best role for JIW out of the three. It is a much more traditional sageuk though, with lots and lots and lots of court politics. 

On 5/31/2021 at 3:05 AM, Lmangla said:

I love how everyone froze in that scene and all those expressions just rippling through his face on hearing her call out his name - "ba woo-yah!" even dae yeob knew exactly what it meant. so much emotion!!!! gah, we are all in melted puddle no? and all because of a name. so many feelings in how she calls out his name.

in most dramas, people would re-watch kissing and confessing scenes. we are all going to re-watch her calling out his name in agony, both of them crying and caressing each others faces... and dae yeob getting royally dumped in the most epic of breakups. :lol:

Omo, after seeing that very last crying scene in episode 10, I forgot about the 'Ba Wu ya' scene from before. Both scenes were sooooooo good. SO MUCH BETTER THAN KISSING SCENES. And so much more true to those sageuk olden day times. 

Have we ever heard her say his name before? I can't remember if she ever has. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

No. That’s why the scene was so heartbreaking and effective. It’s from the gut and the heart. Can you imagine? DY was and is and always will be Brother in  Law even when she was pleading to run away. He never inspired even a 100th of the emotion BW does in her and he realizes it now. 

I am wondering if and when BW will use her real name. He can’t keep calling her Princess or your Highness forever esp as the “not a Princess anymore” has been settled. Just a wife and just a woman needs her husband to say her name. Esp during the, ahem, “Writing research” I hope the drama makes time for. 

• Like 8

On 5/31/2021 at 6:52 PM, shinkeru said:

Their interactions are lovely and heart fluttering. 

I haven’t seen episode 10 so I’m trying to avoid most spoilers haha

If I’m not mistaken, I think that song by Hwang Eri “Song of Bau” is called a pansori — a kind of traditional folk song in the olden days. Maybe that’s why it does seem to have a feel from a different era. As I know, trot songs are more lively and jazzy, sort of like that foxtrot beat  @Lmangla I’m enjoying all of the ost songs. It really suits the mood of the drama. :wub:

just watched ep 9; I love how the simplicity of the smallest everyday kind of gestures become so romantic in this drama. how is that protecting her from a raindrop suggest so much relationship development, intimacy and care? 

bossam-40-42.jpg 

but had to laugh at how hyung was looking at her being so cuckoo for enjoying a leaky roof and seeing it as a novel experience. the princess is enjoying life through the most humblest of circumstances.....

thanks for the musical explanation @shinkeru :) I don't watch too many saeguks because politics bore me but I can't recall too many dramas with using pansori type music. it is an interesting choice but adds a lot of flavour to this drama. a lot of the feel of this song is in her voice and what it conveys. love it! 

there were a couple of funny scenes in ep 9 -- guess they were preparing us for the angst of ep 10. I had to laugh at how aghast she was on getting a hug from him. in more modern dramas, he would have kissed her in such a scene. but I guess in some ways, a hug is more intimate than a kiss because of the emotional care involved? 

the other funny scenes were the princess trying to read the erotica for education purposes, LOL. this is a woman who finds a hug impudent and she is planning to draw erotica. :lol: kekekek...  nanny's expressions were so hilarious. she was enjoying the book so much... :joy:

• Like 7
  • Love 4

I don’t think she found the hug truly impudently and  it’s just her go to line when he gives her the feels and she is shook. I honestly don’t think she has found him truly impudent for a very long time. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

finished watching ep 10 and so many feels. am finding it difficult to put into words. did anyone else feel like that? wah, what a punch of an episode no?

so let me start out with some sunshine. 

bossam-45-46.jpg 

she is so happy that he is accepting her help to be an earning member in her own way and he is supporting her by helping her copy her novel. the smile on her face and his shy smile back in response to her thanks...:wub:  awwww.... 

also liked this scene -- he hasn't slept in days. he is worried sick about his mother and sister. there is also a treason conspiracy which would further destroy the kingdom and oh there is a bounty on his head. he is not quite ready to open up but by just sitting together under the moonlight, he is able to get a good night sleep after days of restlessness. isn't that sweet? that all he needs is her silent company to feel a little lighter? the sign of a true romance? :heart:

bossam47.png 

and now the sad bits. poor bawoo! dae yeob has lived such a sheltered life that he thinks "nothing much will happen" to the mother and sister. as bawoo said, how can be so dumb? the woman lost her husband and family, was sold as a slave and now is being held as prisoner by that very same man. won't she be shivering in fear? it doesn't even strike dae yeob how others might feel. he is so focused on 'saving' the princess that he cannot think about others. also as the princess says, he cannot fathom that she is happy. she may be living a life of bare existence but her life is still full with happiness.

am glad the princess knows bawoo's background. her tears by the sea as she realizes how difficult it was for him -- the choice to keep her safe wasn't as simple for him. early on in ep 9, he tells her that she is no longer living as a princess but as a woman and he will protect her. it is as a woman that he is letting his guard down to. as a princess, he was always conflicted about her but as a woman, he is very clear about what he wants to do. now that she knows how much it cost him, her heart breaks and her tears melt along with crashing waves into a single note. the feels :unsure:.............

bossam48.png 

and finally, their tears at the prison. oh, did your heart ache? her tears were enough to make him cry. she reached out to caress his face and finally he does as well. so much heartache for a couple who haven't even told each other how they feel or truly opened up to each other. or maybe their tears and her calling out his name expressed everything in both their hearts -- they knew how each other felt and that was enough. :heartbreak:

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Why did BW give Evil Man two days to bring his mom and sister? That’s too long.  He said himself that evil people plot a lot.:confused:

I think bawoo had some sort of scheme -- he was buying time for a reason. but now that he is stuck in jail, not sure how that scheme will work out. felt sorry for his sister's new husband. poor fella got married and his wife was whisked away even before the ceremony was over. he looked like a commoner. will he appear later? will they be reunited? I hope so. the mom and sister deserve some happiness too...

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

Yeah. He was working things out in his own way until an Emo infatuated rich kid  interfered.. 

He should probably give her the letter as keeping on him is a no go but will he?  Whatever way they turn is a danger now.

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1

@RobinM Emo Infatutuated Rich Kid is exactly right.

I was dying for him to give her the letter for safe keeping. 

Crikey, these two episodes were GOOD!

and that preview: is Gaessi jealous of the Princess? Why does she always want the Ongju dead?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

POLL! - since we have been chatting a bit about the music, thought it would be fun to do a poll on the soundtrack. vote for your favourite. yea, it may be difficult because the OST is actually good for this drama! so pick 3 of your top choices 

r5yrt.png 

here is the OST that has been released so far along with links for you to listen from official source:

SOJUNG (LADIES CODE) – JUST ONE DAY (단 하루만) -- OST PART 1 -- Link

JUNGIN – LOVE SONG (연가) -- OST PART 2 -- Link

HANYE – SONG OF DESTINY -- OST PART 3 -- Link

JUNG HONG IL – ANGULAR STONE (모난 돌멩이) -- OST PART 4 -- Link

YOUNG EUN – NARROW PATH (오솔길 따라) -- OST PART 5 -- Link

HWANG AE RI – BAWOO’S SONG (바우가) --  OST PART 6 -- Link

SUNNY – SLEEVE (옷 깃) --  OST PART 7 -- Link

MINAE – LONG NIGHT (긴긴밤) -- OST PART 8 -- Link

GONIA – FULLY BEAUTIFUL (가히 아름답다) -- OST PART 9 -- Link

SUSAN – THE STARS ARE FALLING (별이 진다) -- OST PART 10 -- Link

For english translation of lyrics, see popgasa; all of the songs have very evocative lyrics that feel appropriate for this drama. rather than modern sentiments, it feels like even the lyrics hark back to a different time and era.. would recommend listening to the song and reading the lyrics -- such feels! 

so what is your absolute favourite that you will likely remember even after the drama ends? which song has your favourite lyrics in relation to the drama? 

have also included 2 other questions in relation to plot -- pick your choices and discuss! for any future poll suggestions for this drama or others you are watching, just tag/PM any of us in the events team -- @partyon, @Sleepy Owl and @Lmangla 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1

Pre released clip from ep. 11 and it's subs.  Cr: breatheless:fullofhearts:

Cr: as tagged

I’ll roughly translate the conversation:

BW: Have you calmed down? (SK nods.) Now please go back and don’t come again. You must not come again.

SK: But…

BW: If anything happens to you because of me, I’ll really lose my mind. Please listen to me. (SK doesn’t answer.) Why aren’t you answering me?

SK: I will. But promise me you will not die, you must stay alive… until we meet again.

BW: Have you met a dead man who wishes to die?

SK: I don’t want you to risk your life for me ever again. I don’t want to see you being in danger because of me.

BW: I understand. I’ll do my best to keep myself in one piece. (he articulates in a half-joking manner to lighten the mood)

SK: Don’t take this lightly. You must keep your promise.

BW: I’ll definitely return to you unharmed. Until then, please stay safe and wait for me.

SK: I will.

BW: Whatever else we have to say… let’s do that when we meet again.

SK: Is there anything you need?

BW: I have a favour to ask.

Omo….. so sweet. Jung Il Woo’s all passionate fire with his burning gaze while Yuri is the epitome of restrained grace. Arghhhh… why can’t Saturday come sooner…

I think their reunion may be pretty epic.

Cr: https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/06/04/if-something-happens-to-you-because-of-me-ill-really-go-crazy/

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Pre released clip from ep. 11 and it's subs.  Cr: breatheless

I love that they are holding hands throughout the conversation. they are vulnerable, not afraid to cry and show  they are in this terrible ride together. there is no hiding how they feel about each other and instead there is a kind of subtle matter-of-fact feel to it -- they both already know, it doesn't need to be said out loud they care. :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

The photography and the place where the sea was pictured so beautiful.  some of the breath taking stills from ep.9.   For those who are wondering where the sea is, it is in Geoje Island.  

Mw6R0bH.jpg

AU5gKBp.jpg

This one is awesome

7imccOa.gif

Spoiler

8jlLpub.jpg

faB6GIF.jpg

cr: dc gall

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3

new addition to the OST list: 

유주(여자친구) (YUJU (GFRIEND)) - 위로 (String Ver.) | 보쌈-운명을 훔치다 OST Part.11

P.S ~ chingus don't forget to participate in the poll. see top of page. :)

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

The photography and the place where the sea was pictured so beautiful.  some of the breath taking stills from ep.9.   For those who are wondering where the sea is, it is in Geoje Island.  

ooh these look beautiful. thanks for sharing! :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1