[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

DY is Probably her kid. 

But does anyone else feel bad for SKs poor in the dark mother Grieving for her child? I wish the Princess had asked DY to get message through to her. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I love how bossam continues to hit the notes and be interesting. my favourite moment of ep 8 hands down was princess dumping dae yeob. kekeke.... am I being mean? but I really loved it enough to re-watch it a few times. hahahah... usually in triangles, the person in the middle always waffles because they don't want to hurt the second lead's feelings. and when the second lead asks about the feelings, they usually deny the first lead is in the running. it just drives you nuts because you know the second lead is just going to cling away as the first lead was not at all clear and still gave "I care for you" vibes which just gives unnecessary hope. loved how this scene bucked all those.

she was so brutally honest and businesslike that it was awesome to watch. when you watch the scene, you can tell how unsuited they are for the persons they are now. he is still living in the past and wanting to correct something that happened years ago. she on the other hand accepted what had happened and had moved on. there is a kind of coldness, pragmaticism, and resilience that is more in line with ba woo's character. rather than be moved by his "I still love you" speech, she was shocked but firm in her decision. he actually thinks that she was keeping her distance out of concern for him and fear. she smacks him in the face that she is quite happy on her own and isn't doing any of this for him. this is about her life and what she wants. and when he asks if that is bawoo, she doesn't hesitates and simply answers with a clear yes and affirmation that she is choosing bawoo for the rest of her life. what a girl, lets all clap for the princess who has a mind of her own. :love:

ba woo is still unclear about why he is drawn to saving the princess. is it just for cha dol? does he have a kind heart? or is it because he has feelings for her? when hyung asks, he denies and says that it is because of responsibility but it has long moved that stage. these are two people who are physically breaking into each other's spaces. in a saeguk where there is so much proper conduct, all of this touching is quite a leap forward in a relationship no? it is like they forget the proper etiquette when each other is hurt and touch without realizing.. squeal! 

bossam-30-32.jpg 

the hug scenes were sweet. whether it is with chadol or with bawoo, she is being embraced as one of the family. not a stranger but she belongs with them. 

bossam-33-34.jpg

cha dol running to hug the princess was pretty hilarious though. with ba woo's hug, I loved how that scene is so simple. because most saeguks are all about royalty, the OTP scenes often happen in palaces and pretty locations. here, it is a humble surrounding and both of them are not dressed to impress. she has been nitpicking at him because she was hurt by his words. he can't understand why she is not able to let go. then she tells him that everything he says and does, she can't help but remember. what a way to confess the guy is slowly stealing her heart. go princess, go! :heart:

and finally, loved the scene where ba woo asks "do you want to live?' and she affirms "yes, I want to live". 

bossam-31.png 

compared to dae yeob, the princess is far smarter. she is able to connect the dots and also see the bigger picture. her wanting to save her in-laws isn't just about some loyalty or feeling, she is able to see that a squabble between the king and left chancellor will spill into a possible civil war that can split the kingdom. at the same time, she is no longer thinking of giving up her life as way of solving the issue. instead, she wants to live as well as solve the problem. this is why she and ba woo are totally on the same page. 

but when dae yeob is not being silly, he does seem to have enough brains to engage in banter and word games with the king, play some chess moves on his family. the left chancellor looked like a parent who finally found the money spent on his kid's education was not wasted. ha! all these fellows playing politics and games on each other was fun to watch as we are only getting small does unlike other saeguks, thank goodness! 

now, can we get more romance, family and friendship time next weekend? can nanny dig a bit more and try to see what is cooking between the OTP - her expressions were hilarious as she was trying to understand the princess relationship with ba woo. hahaha...  will ba woo telling the astrologer his identity come back to bite him? and now that dae yeob has been dumped for real, will he move on? 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Nice summary @Lmangla. I will watch tonight both eps 7-8 since tomorrow is a public holiday in my country :partyblob:

Had a chance to watch some clip from ig repost and i also like the moment the princess dumped DY.  Feel like hmm satisfied :gangnamstyle:Go princess! I'm with u. 

I have mixed feeling when watching the preview ep 9. Happy to see Bawoo and princess in good terms while at the same time nervous seeing the bad character.

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I am not convinced that the Princess sent DY away because of BW. Yes, she did assert it in front of DY but I don't think she is into BW yet that she would admit it in front of a front person. I think she did it more because she wanted to get rid of him. He refused to leave her alone, risking everyone's lives in the process. And as it is with men, the best way to get rid of them is hurt their gigantic male ego. Nothing works better than hurting that ego. So, when she declared that she had chosen BW over DY , that was sure to have hurt his pride/ ego.

I think both BW and the princess are in the process of knowing each other, still in the process of 'falling' for each other. I won't say that they are in love yet. They like each other, worry about each other, they make each other feel strong emotions which they cannot process yet. They are yet to process their feelings and give it a name. 

I don't mind the slow burn romance. The waiting makes it all the more sweeter, worthwhile. Rooting for the princess and BW. As they say in S. Korea... #fighting :heartxoxo:

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

Happy but nervous here. Still 11 episodes to go and of course there is much angst and probably noble idiocy and partings  before the expected happy couple happy child ending. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

DY is still a boy in a lot of ways and not for the woman SK has become. 

While being so kind and empathetic The Princess is no idealist or Romantic. She will do what needs to be done... whether  it be hard work, plotting, letting people go, ETC with her brain and her realism not her emotions. In a time and place where woman were not treated as pawns and chattel she would have made an excellent CEO. 

That said... She can’t control falling in love, her desire to really be a wife and mother to her new family and her desire to be useful to people. Even if her husband had lived or she had married DY in the first place and had children of her own her MiL would have taken over and left her powerless out of pure power tripping meanness. 

• Like 10

All the members of the Lee Yi Cheom family are power trippers.

It was satisfying to watch the princess slap DY in the face/smack his head by giving that divorce sign. He sure is a dunce, who only has one thought in mind. It was fun to hear Ba Woo giving voice to DY's thoughts - lusting after his SIL without thinking of the consequences. Even his aunt/mother has been telling him to leave her alone several times. He's made several mistakes but still has this head in the clouds feeling that his way is the only way. That's why there was no way to reason with him, until Ha Jin gave him the proof of their divorce. HAHAHA.

• Like 5

ep.7

I love the scene when they were in that boat. 

Everything was more impressive because Ba Woo and the princess were silent.

He fought with himself and she was calm and determined. 

BW and DY are different but they came up with a plan. 

Although I didnt expect DY to talk about his feelings for SK. BW was surprised. 

I feel sorry for DY. Its a sad love story that ended a long time ago.

I dont think DY's father is a nobleman.

162121894248.jpg

MBN

• Like 9

11 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I dont think DY's father is a nobleman.

yea I also think the guard may be his father and the aunt his mother. wonder why they are not together? is it because of class differences? hope they show a bit more of the story there... 

11 hours ago, rocher22 said:

ep.7

I love the scene when they were in that boat. 

Everything was more impressive because Ba Woo and the princess were silent.

He fought with himself and she was calm and determined. 

like you said, it was fantastic to see such a range of emotions and expressions and we could tell what they were feeling even though there wasn't a voice over. so the scene did feel more impactful. kudos to the actors to pulling it off! 

I love how she looks at him with hope and when he turns away, you can see her sadness and then she turns to anger. she turns her face away from him and it is then he can't help but look at her. there is so much sadness on his face to see her in this position but it isn't the time to be rash... he is in a way helpless and has to bide his time... 

bossam-35-38.jpg 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

On 5/24/2021 at 2:01 AM, Lmangla said:

kekeke.. I don't like his hair much either. hahahah... 

Hahahaha strangely I think I am the only one who finds him super hot with this look!!! I am even aware that he looks significantly better with other looks but somehow I still dig this look with the messy hair and facial hair hahahahahaha

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

She is an incredibly beautiful women and Being not a monk or eunuch He has wanted to hold her for a long time and he was tempted to kiss her when he rescued her from the water. She herself is only now getting open to the idea. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Hahahaha strangely I think I am the only one who finds him super hot with this look!!! I am even aware that he looks significantly better with other looks but somehow I still dig this look with the messy hair and facial hair hahahahahaha

kekeke.. I would agree with you that he looks just fine in bossam. :D the moustache, the top knot - he is definitely rocking it! hahahah... however, was referring to his look in interviews to promote bossam where he looks a tad messy and you want to say "uh, maybe haircut?" :sweatingbullets: ... hahahaha... 

2021-4-24-Jung-Il-woo-in-the-preview-spe 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.. I would agree with you that he looks just fine in bossam. :D the moustache, the top knot - he is definitely rocking it! hahahah... however, was referring to his look in interviews to promote bossam where he looks a tad messy and you want to say "uh, maybe haircut?" :sweatingbullets: ... hahahaha

OOPS hhahahaha! Late to the show and the thread so I was speed reading through without taking account of the context, my bad! Hahaha but he is definitely rocking this look in Bossam and somehow his outfit makes him look rather cute in proportion! Maybe it's also Cha-Dol bringing out this cute side of JIW hahaha

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Hi! I have a question. So the princess pretended to commit suicide.  Everybody has willingly accepted it. However, my query is why isn't anybody asking for the corpse? That would give one the irrefutable evidence about her death. The King and his royal consort demanded to see the princess's dead body when the FIL claimed that she had committed suicide. Why didn't he ask for the same from the Astrologer guy who was supposed to keep the princess locked at his home.

I agree. The 'Boat' scene was the best. I loved how the princess looked at BW so coldly, so indifferently, yet accusingly. If eyes could speak, hers were definitely screaming, 'Traitor!'  I think the silence literally spoke volumes in their case.

I looked up a few of the ML's previous dramas like 'Cinderella and Four Knights' / 'Munchies' just to figure him out as I haven't watched his dramas before. TBH, those dramas didn't do him justice. His versatility is much more explored in this drama than in any of his previous 'modern' dramas. They didn't do his talent justice. I prefer his modern looks too.:wub: The messy look isn't very flattering. But I understand it is a requirement for the character he is playing.

Finally, did anyone notice that during the hug, only BW had his arms around the princess. She didn't embrace him back. I think she is still fighting the attraction.

Note to the PD/ Writer: Two episodes dedicated to just rescuing of the princess and court politics. Yes, I find the court politics , the cat and mouse game intriguing, but dedicating two whole episodes to it was stretching too far.  We want to see more of the lead couple, so I hope we get a more balanced episode in the future.

• Like 7

Hi to all! I also find so many things to admire about this drama, the writing/directing/pacing, production design, cinematography, acting, music etc. My two favorites so far are: :wub:

1. That ticklish funny scene of BW’s foot-holding of SK. I'm thinking BW is probably not aware that SK is a virgin widow or blue widow (“a widow before honeymoon night”) so she has not experienced intimate relations yet. In earlier episodes, I think it was mentioned that her husband died on their wedding day due to an illness. 

2. That I think I saw that SK is wearing a little bit more eye-makeup in ep. 8. :) Coming from her lovely all-natural look in earlier episodes, this subtle change is somewhat symbolic of her healthy recovery and desire to live.

I couldn't find the first article I read about blue widows but this one mentions it:

https://jungilwoodelights.com/2021/01/08/jung-ilwoos-first-stills-for-his-upcoming-drama-bossam-stealing-fate-보쌈-운명을-훔치다/

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

No. He assumes she is just a regular widow. When he finds out she is still a Virgin he might be even more awkward or it’s just not going be addressed at all 

Per strict palace protocol We can assume this is first time she has been hugged since  she was a very young child which is terribly  sad 

• Like 9