[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

11 hours ago, RobinM said:

No way if the In laws get hold of the child She will try to save herself first and even she did BW will look out for his child first and foremost as a loving father.  That’s a given.  But I just bet that precocious rascal will find a way to escape on his own or The duo will get his “Mom” back ASAP 

After all This is angsty but not very dark or cruel or tragic as Sageuks go. I’ve have seen some bleak, hopeless and  crazy cruel ones. 

Yes BW is a loving devoted father. That makes the actions of the King rather difficult for me to accept, .. how can he sacrefice his child "for the greater good"  - to hell with the greater good, yes Hwa-In's father -in-law is an evil control freak tying his hands... but can't he come up with a better way?  And the father-in-law says he is also willing "to lose a son" because the DIL must die.  Considering, he has already lost the son married to Hwa-In, I would think the that the thought of losing another child would be unbearable.  Do we know yet how Hwa-In's husband died?     

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

those who enjoy seeing the making -- MBN has put out a video showing how they filmed the drowning/saving scene. pretty cool! 

30 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I think DY genuinely loves the princess. It will be difficult for him to accept the fact that the princess wants

to stay with BW. 

yea definitely it will be shocking for him but the thing is she isn't just choosing ba woo and cha dol but is also choosing her freedom, her ability to move around and see life. as a widow princess, she was stuck inside and only allowed to go out once a year. hardly an exciting life. 

• Like 9

Yeah, no way she goes back to just being a widow princess after everything. She's tasted the amazing taste of freedom and living for more than just being someone's wife and future mother. Of course, if she chooses to be those things with BW and CD, that's a whole different story. Throughout all this, she's learning that she herself has so much more to live for as a free woman who can make her own decisions.

• Like 7

I think DY loves the persona she portrays  to her circles as an impeccable refined untouchable Princess but that’s not the real her. He wants to protect her and put her way somewhere safe like a Piece of porcelain locked in cabinet but she is going to fight for her happiness now 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I love this show so much.   The story is not the usual cliched one and different too- pointing to societal abuse of women in those good old days. 

CD is the scene stealer for me.  After a very long time i am liking JIW as a potential character BW.  This is my first time seeing Yuri.  She is doing an excellent job as princess.

Cutie!!!!!!!!!:kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

mKqRVN7.gif

They presented the popularity awards at the 57th BEAKSANG AWARDS show. The video link

https://m.tv.naver.com/v/20202475

Walking the red carpet
Cr: as tagged

• Like 11

New stills for ep. 5.  Can't wait.  So, she is well versed in archery too. Wow!!!! I think she is going to give an all-round performance when let free. :love: but the king is so bent on accusing the bad Lord (princess fil) and getting the proof/witness to oust him.  Awww, what a terrible fate, the loving father changed to politically playing king for which he is going to sacrifice his daughter knowingly. 

PQHpiRE.jpg

dT4Ki8N.jpg

hnp4uis.jpg

Spoiler

lpobGZT.jpg

LSf04Xx.jpg

0dpUtdQ.jpg

NjJE3IF.jpg

Cr: DC gall

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, rocher22 said:

They are a good team... 

i agree...so her brother in law is her first love...i fell so sorry for him it seems he still loves her...i can't wait for more scene with BW,cute child and our princess...

• Like 5

“Bossam: Steal The Fate” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet + Becomes Most-Watched Saturday Cable Program

May 16, 2021
by E. Cha

MBN’s “Bossam: Steal the Fate” shows no signs of slowing down!

On May 15, the new historical drama starring Jung Il Woo and Girls’ Generation‘s Yuri successfully continued its streak of gaining more viewers with each episode. According to Nielsen Korea, “Bossam: Steal the Fate” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.3 percent for its latest broadcast, breaking its own personal record for the third consecutive episode.

Not only did “Bossam: Steal the Fate” achieve its highest viewership ratings to date, but it was also the most-watched program of any kind to air on any cable channel on Saturday.

JTBC’s “Undercover” rose to an average nationwide rating of 4.2 percent for the night, while tvN’s “Mine” fell slightly to an average of 5.6 percent for its third episode.

Over in the public broadcast realm, SBS’s “Taxi Driver” stayed strong with average nationwide ratings of 10.7 percent and 15.3 percent for its two parts, marking a modest rise in viewership from its previous episode the night before.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters” remained the most-watched drama of Saturday nights, scoring average nationwide ratings of 24.6 percent and 29.1 percent for its two parts.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Bossam: Steal the Fate”!

-- soompi news

• Like 10

I find DY obsessed instead of in love. He's clinging to the young image of the princess, and cannot even fully accept that his father is an evil manipulator with secret ambitions. Being the ambivalent, his father considers useless and therefore, disposable. He doesn't have a job. His sole focus is to get the princess back, but back to where? If he can marry her, how is he going to support her? Surely they are not going to live in his house?! He even knows that his father wants to get rid of her. He is not going to be a solution for the princess. He's just going to cause more problems for her. Just look at what happened at the cliff/forest. She almost got kidnapped or worst, murdered. He doesn't even listen to what the princess is saying because he's wearing blinders. He's pathetic.

Young Cha Dol has more sense than him and is more sensitive. He can feel what the princess feels, even if he is attached to her because he wants her as his new mother.  He acts as the voice of reason for Ba Woo and the princess' spokesperson.

I noticed something. The KIng's robe is new, and some of the costumes of the characters. The robe of the King is deep red and the color looks so rich. The gold embroideries are very shiny. The costumes of DY have modern treatments.

• Like 7

I agree with @reddragon.  He just wants to get rid of BW thinking he is a bad person and separate her from him who is rather her saviour.  But it's his father who is more evil.  He is acting rashly without any plans for his SIL.

I watched the episode RAW and did not understand the final part of his discussion with king.  He has informed the king that she is alive thinking he is smart enough to tell him and save her.  What a fool he is!!!!!   He doesn't have a single idea of what king's plan is and he has put his life also in danger.  His plan to save her is a flop and has only rekindled the old memories of BW's childhood nightmare coz of his father.  Everything was going fine between BW and SK until this BIL appearance.  My heart pained when seeing BW cry when BIL shut his mouth after he saw the villain minister.  Awwww....... 

Saw the preview of ep. 7.  It's more interesting and the fate again rejoins both even after they separate.  Wow!!!!! 

• Like 5

Yesss!!! The ratings went higher last nite too.  Ep. 6 recorded 6.5% nationwide and 6.7% in the metropolitan area breaking its own record for the fourth consecutive time. At the moment, the highest ratings soared to 8.8%.

:heartxoxo:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1