[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

Soo... he can’t marry her, she can’t go back to the palace and she sure can’t go back to her in laws.His plan is to stick her in a mountain temple until ??  

:surprisedwut:

Also Thoughts:

If there was ever a drama where the OTP had their fated meeting in childhood and it actually made sense and yet they are not using the trope  it would be here. 

Could not Have BW left the Princess at the temple in the first place? Go at night, drop her off and run. 

Joseon Peasant life: I know raising beef was not a thing but Raising Chickens, Pig Goats ETC  for meat  milk or money was not possible for BW? 

She needs to get over her saltiness at being touched if we gonna get any squeeze scenes later! Sheesh! 

• LOL 5

“Bossam: Steal The Fate,” “Revolutionary Sisters,” And “Mine” All Soar To Their Highest Ratings Yet

On May 16, MBN’s “Bossam: Steal the Fate” continued its streak of seeing its viewership rise to a new all-time high for the fourth consecutive episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the historical drama scored an average nationwide rating of 6.5 percent, marking a new personal record for the series.

*skipped unrelated 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1469577wpp/bossam-steal-the-fate-revolutionary-sisters-and-mine-all-soar-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 7

On 5/14/2021 at 2:52 AM, pad-hari said:

I love this show so much.   The story is not the usual cliched one and different too- pointing to societal abuse of women in those good old days. 

CD is the scene stealer for me.  After a very long time i am liking JIW as a potential character BW.  This is my first time seeing Yuri.  She is doing an excellent job as princess.

Cutie!!!!!!!!!

I agreed with your views, CD ( little boy) is cute & smart, and this is also my first time seeing Yuri and she does

portrayed her characters very well.

The cruel FIL wants her kill and also willing to loose another son just because of power ?

The scene at night where The King met court lady Kim and Yuri was behind her.

My heart goes with Yuri when her father pretends not to recognize her. Is so sad here.

Will be watching Ep 5 and 6 tonight to see how Yuri fits into BW as a family.

@reddragon  Cha Dol has quick and matured thinking then his father.  

@pad-hari - Happy to know the ratings keep going up.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

The subbing for this drama is quite slow... where is the faster Eng subbing site available? 

Parts of Ep5 subs were missing and couldnt understand what they wanted to do with the rich family.. to pay for the ginseng.. heh.. 

Hello,

I was also lost during the convo with the doc who tries to sell them the wild ginseng, no eng sub.

• LOL 3

Ok... just finish watching ep 6... great to know Ba Wu was a noble, whose family was murdered, declared as traitors... 

Now CD... somehow i do not think he will live until the end of the show... someone gotta die and it cant be our two main leads... 

Am i mistaken to think that the King still want to murder the princess just to make sure he can control his vice minister? Sigh... 

The drama is only Bossam on the first two epiosdes and now, we are not sure how it is going to move in the nect 10 episodes... political drama... 

Dont really mind... the kid just need to live in a nice place and not in poverty. Have a mom whom he really wished for to make the family complete... hence we need to ask, whose child is that really and did BW actually got married?...  

JIW looks bulky in those clothesz is it cold now in korea...i would assume its warm now as its near to June.. we have seen JIW in many dramas.. from a King to a Prince and now a son of a traitor and Bossam kidnapper...hehe... he needs to be in nice clothes... :)

• Like 6

Dude. I know you’re  salty at her right now(for stuff that had nothing to do with her...) but You left a person who is targeted for murder  alone in a shack with a middle aged Court lady with no real means of support under the care of Guy who is not there constantly anyway. Not cool. 

What could go wrong? 

• Like 4

I knew Ba Woo has a tragic back story. That is why he loathes the king. But now he realized that it was Lee Yi Cheom who murdered his dad and his entire household.

The king was playing the youngest son against his father. That Dae Yeob shows that he's really a fool. He doesn't even want to listen to what the princess is telling him. He just wants his first love to go with him back to his home. It's the place that she's running away from and he wants to take her back there? He believes he can change his father's mind? An evil person using everything to gain power and money? He must be crazy. And with the Myeong Sa Cheol Gwon, he though he could save his family, he entered into an agreement with the king. Bring the princess back to the palace alive and the king will pardon his father. He doesn't have any plans afterwards. He is bad at studying, enjoying the privileges of being a yangban. He doesn't have a job. Yes, he can fight, just like the other people, even if they are not trained in swordsmanship.

So the instructions to the face reader was to hunt down the princess and her saviors, and take them to a place where they will not be found. So DY will be searching all over the place but will not find them. Thus, the pardon will not be enforced. Likewise, they will use DY to control his father, or rather his uncle, as it is obvious that he is the son of Yi Cheom's sister.

• Like 8

No. He wants to take her some isolated temple? And just leave her to be safe or more accurately Effectively a safe isolated prisoner. 

This is most definitely not what she plans or wishes but his selfish naive  child hood crush mentality is ignoring her. At this point in DYs character development he can’t possibly fathom how she could be happier and having more fun than she has ever had her life with a rough blunt commoner and his kid in broken down shack doing peasant labor.  

• Like 6

i cannot believe we're only ep 6. it feels like I've been watching them for ages and there's too many schemes and plans floting around the Palace already...We haven't seen much of the Princess's mother.. poor lady.

I already had a clue that Ba Wu was from a noble family so I was not surprised

I think it will morph into a palace drama eventually , especialy now that we're getting Ba Wu's background. The Left Councellor is cornered, he has too many eniemies now. But Ba Wu has vengence as his goal now, I think the King will change his mind if he can find a way to get rid of the counsellor but use his family - he has his son at his side.

But I do think at the end of the day this is a romance drama- Usually in other Kdramas , the couple gives up on hating each other by ep 6, but here they've developed feeling already, though they refuse to admit it. 

I think it safe to assume it's headed towards a happy ending-one where they're a family.

But I think it will not be a drama where they are forced to retreat into a life of simplicity to be happy.Not because it's a drama focused on "winning' but since it now looks a like a drama focused on one thing-revenge.

The princess getting her status back and Ba Wu restoring his family name-they both have enough ammunition against the left state counsellor. 

Making them live the simple life again after everything feels so... anti-climatic?

Though I would love it if they lived their lives scheming as robin hoods. 

• Like 9

So Ba Wu is from a noble family and at a young boy he witness the brutal beheading of his entire family which has been implanted inside him, is so sad.

Now that he knows Dae Yeob is Left Councillor son,  Ba Wu will even have more hatred towards him.

I don't blame Dae Yeob for handing back Myeong Sa Cheol Gwon to the king cause he doesn't have a smart  brain.

He thought he could save his evil father but unfortunately he is wrong.

The King has plans up in his sleeve cause he trust no one from the palace except his right hand man.

Even, Court Lady Kim is up to no good, she is a 2 headed snake.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

I think it will morph into a palace drama eventually , especialy now that we're getting Ba Wu's background. The Left Councellor is cornered, he has too many eniemies now. But Ba Wu has vengence as his goal now, I think the King will change his mind if he can find a way to get rid of the counsellor but use his family - he has his son at his side.

But I do think at the end of the day this is a romance drama- Usually in other Kdramas , the couple gives up on hating each other by ep 6, but here they've developed feeling already, though they refuse to admit it. 

I think it safe to assume it's headed towards a happy ending-one where they're a family.

But I think it will not be a drama where they are forced to retreat into a life of simplicity to be happy.Not because it's a drama focused on "winning' but since it now looks a like a drama focused on one thing-revenge.

Yes, I think this drama's theme is very much love versus revenge. The king has to choose between love for his daughter and revenge against those who have wronged her. At the moment, he seems to haven chosen revenge.

Ba Wu also has to choose between love for his son and the unacknowledged feelings he has for the princess with his need to avenge his father. I wonder if the difference between Ba Wu and the King's choices will be highlighted in this drama. Considering the historical context (the king in question is one of the few who gets dethroned), I'm guessing the king's choice (revenge?) shows how unfit he is to continue to be king. After much angst and internal struggles, Ba Wu will choose love in the end, showing how much more 'enlightened' he, compared with the king. In the 6th episode, we found out that Ba Wu's lineage is noble; could he be royal as well? Just some thoughts...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

If he was Royal his love for the Princess would be distasteful and creepy to most viewers Even though marrying relations was normal and not given a second thought in pre modern cultures. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

MBN Bossam steals viewers' hearts

The first wave viewing time was aired at 18th place, and the
instantaneous rise to the 3rd place in the 3rd week, the audience rating also broke a record of 8.8%.

Screenshot-2021-0519-185743.jpg

MBN's 10th anniversary special drama'Bossam-Steal Destiny' is a hot topic as the ratings on both channels of the wave (wavve) online video service (OTT) and TV have risen sharply.

It is a wave original drama that can only be viewed exclusively on Wave among OTT channels such as Netflix and Season by participating in the investment of'Bossam-Steal Destiny'.

[...]

MBN drama'Bossam' is on a rapid rise by increasing the viewing time every week. In the first week of airing, it was out of the top 10, but in the second week it was ranked 5th, and the ranking rose to 3rd last week.

TV viewership also reached the highest national level of 6.5%, recording the highest level in both TV and Wavve viewing time. From the first episode, 'Bossam-Steal Destiny', which recorded the highest ratings of MBN's all-time dramas, is updating its own highest ratings every week.

Looking at the viewership data (based on paid furniture) provided by Nielsen Korea, the sixth viewership broadcast on the 16th recorded 6.5% nationwide and 6.7% in the metropolitan area. 

It broke its own record for 4 consecutive times, and the highest ratings at the moment soared to 8.8%.

https://m.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2021/05/481517/

13 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

I have emphasized on this narrative before that Bawoo is a royal blood. His rage against the king stemmed from this situation. His family was from the ousted royalty. 

:poledance:

• Like 7