[Drama 2021] Bossam: Steal the Fate, 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다

rocher22

we are not getting a kiss... but we do get to see her help him dress. :)

waaah, I feel kind of bad. I was wondering what happened to the husband/almost husband of sister. turns out he was alive... but then the family of left counselor strikes again. villains!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Sorry to burst peoples bubble but I think the romance lovey dovey stuff is done or at least put on hold for awhile. They got domestic matters  and political plot lines to attend too right now. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Yeah right.  I think we are not going to get any intimate scenes between the OTP as of now.  But we are going to super miss if they are not going to give us one as JIW is a super good kisser and we are going to just get a peck on the cheek to appease the viewers in the end. :flushed:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

On 6/9/2021 at 12:50 AM, mysticmango said:

Okay I have to ask: what are your theories on Dae Yeob's true identity? Ep 12 had some really good OTP/family moments but I have to say that the scene between the Left Councillor and his sister/aunt was spectacular to see. I could feel the tension and the acting was superb, I was on the edge of my seat lol. 

So we know DY is definitely not the Left Councillor's real son. I'm leaning he could be his aunt's son but his father is a mystery! There are rumblings that he could be the King's son and he doesn't know (which is why DY couldn't marry the princess since they'd be half siblings) but I'm not sure about that. It's too messy in my opinion. 

Also also, I wonder if they'll do a grand reveal~ re: Cha Dol's real mom. Seems like something the Left Councillor would uncover and use against Ba Wu, especially if she's still alive. I'll be surprised if she really just left him for another man and they left it at that. 

I wonder whether he is Ba Wu's brother, an illegitimate son of his aunt and Ba Wu's father. Apart from being illegitimate and their two families being enemies, they hid it because Ba Wu's family was judged to be treasonous and sentenced to death. So if they were related, the Left Councilor's family would also have been sentenced to death by relation. The fraternal relationship would explain why the two men had an instant connection when they met.

So now that the Princess is with Ba Wu, she's still Dae Yeob's sister in law.  

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

Awww, :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1)::fullofhearts:

“Bossam: Steal The Fate” Sets New Record For Highest Drama Ratings In MBN History

“Bossam: Steal The Fate” Sets New Record For Highest Drama Ratings In MBN History

Jun 13, 2021
by E. Cha

Bossam: Steal the Fate” has officially made MBN history!

On June 12, the historical drama starring Jung Il Woo and Girls’ Generation’s Yuri soared to new heights as it achieved its highest viewership to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Bossam: Steal the Fate” scored an average nationwide rating of 8.7 percent and a peak of 10.0 percent, making it the most-watched cable drama of the night.

Not only does the figure mark a new all-time high for the series, but it has also set a new record for the highest viewership ratings ever achieved by any drama in MBN history.

With seven episodes left in its run, it remains to be seen whether “Bossam: Steal the Fate” will be able to break its own record by rising even higher in the weeks ahead.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Bossam: Steal the Fate”!

Cr:https://www.soompi.com/article/1474396wpp/bossam-steal-the-fate-sets-new-record-for-highest-drama-ratings-in-mbn-history

• Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 2

Man! Imagine the ratings if this drama had been aired on one of the big three stations or TVN?  Though if it had been on TVN we would have got more skin ship most likely. Win some lose some:)

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

I wonder whether he is Ba Wu's brother, an illegitimate son of his aunt and his Ba Wu's father. Apart from being illegitimate and their two families being enemies, they hid it because Ba Wu's family was judged to be treasonous and sentenced to death. So if they were related, the Left Councilor's family would also have been sentence to death by relation. The fraternal relationship would explain why the two men had an instant connection when they met.

So now that the Princess is with Ba Wu, she's still Dae Yeob's sister in law.  

I really like your theory and I think it can definitely hold up! It can explain why the left chancellor is so worried and willing to take DY in even if he's not his son. He wouldn't do that just for any person I would think!

Also, I feel like that's the only way DS and DY can salvage their relationship, that they could be half brothers and all that. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Awww, sad.  BW's sister situation is same as that of SK.  

watched ep 13 with subs and I feel bad for the guy, chil seong. I did wonder if the sister had forgotten about him since she was now a noble. instead she had made arrangements for him to be freed. but the guy was hoping to present himself with some money and feel more useful as a brother-in-law. just a few brief scenes but the actor did a great job showing the cheerful simple soul he was. awww, feel rather bad for him as well as for the sister. 

bossam-85-86.jpg 

19 hours ago, RobinM said:

Sorry to burst peoples bubble but I think the romance lovey dovey stuff is done or at least put on hold for awhile. They got domestic matters  and political plot lines to attend too right now. 

after seeing chil seong get killed, it feels right that we don't really get over the top lovey dovey stuff. there is real danger here for the entire family. the lady in the palace is still trying to sniff out where the princess is. the astrologer is trying to see how he can use that to his advantage and that of the western faction. no one would even think the princess is living as bawoo's wife but given that time, it would probably be a bit scandalous that she has re-married? the king said that if the secret is found, then the princess has no choice but to live as a nun in a temple for her whole life... 

so yea, while we get sweet scene like him complimenting on her beauty, the mood of the drama made me like this scene better. her quiet angst and worry as she sees him leave for the palace. she can only watch from a distance. this kind of scene fits this rather angsty romance more. 

bossam-82-84.jpg 

17 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Yeah right.  I think we are not going to get any intimate scenes between the OTP as of now.  But we are going to super miss if they are not going to give us one as JIW is a super good kisser and we are going to just get a peck on the cheek to appease the viewers in the end. :flushed:

kekeke... maybe when there is happier times, they will give us something in the end? it is quite clear these two are on intimate terms and it is an actual marriage. nanny was getting upset when mom-in-law complained about breakfast being late but hyung points out that this happens in a marriage and not to get too upset. he even refers to mom and sister as the in-laws of the princess. given how proper the princess is, would she help dress a man she has no relationship with? this scene reminded me of the movie "the last samurai". the care that she puts into tying each ribbon and making sure he looks presentable and at the same time, a word of caution to be careful. they are living through a rather dicey situation indeed... 

bossam-76-78.jpg 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... maybe when there is happier times, they will give us something in the end? it is quite clear these two are on intimate terms and it is an actual marriage. nanny was getting upset when mom-in-law complained about breakfast being late but hyung points out that this happens in a marriage and not to get too upset. he even refers to mom and sister as the in-laws of the princess. given how proper the princess is, would she help dress a man she has no relationship with? this scene reminded me of the movie "the last samurai". the care that she puts into tying each ribbon and making sure he looks presentable and at the same time, a word of caution to be careful. they are living through a rather dicey situation indeed... 

You are right.   SK is such a person who was living like a living-dead at her in-laws house and also who abide by the rules and regulations in that era.  She also did not look back at DY even after her husband's death.  So she has very carefully taken a decision to give her heart to BW even though he was a rogue and after knowing his history how she realised that BW has completely given up revenge for her in order to protect her.  She has completely fallen for him.  So she is not an irrationale person to have skinship with any man and now she is physically hugging him in ep.14 asking him to come back safe.  Yeah, i do accept that they could have done the deal which is not shown to the viewers explicitly.    But the title Bossam is to show how it happens between the OTP but the plot is deviating into political affairs deeply.  I am happy that SK and BW has progressed well but there is also need to quench the thirst of the viewers.  Both in real life as well as the drama, they are adults and so, obviously there is expectations from the viewers.    I liked this scene very much ep.12.  Looking how lovely they look at each other.:7555_attack:

yRh6DGO.gif

2JNkN82.gif

some more insta updates from yuri

tEkwlGe.jpg

Spoiler

uVmK4q2.jpg

JcFhlPr.jpg

D7lH3c7.jpg

cr: dc gall

I am not going to keep my hopes up on the lovey-dovey scenes between the OTP.  Just watch the show as it progresses.  If given any scene, I am gonna think it as a bonus.:tounge_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I am not going to keep my hopes up on the lovey-dovey scenes between the OTP.  Just watch the show as it progresses.  If given any scene, I am gonna think it as a bonus

kekeke... me neither! I won't be surprised if we end the drama and have no kiss. :sweatingbullets: bwahahhaha... am sure we will all be a little disappointed but the PD & writer seem intent on giving us a different kind of romance that is more about emotion and not necessarily skinship. a deeper mature quieter kind of romance -- not something we often see in dramas these days. a real throwback to older saeguks. still like you said, viewers like us enjoy those scenes and so it would be nice to have something... 

but yea, there is so much happening politically. the king seems to be having severe migraines. is it a symptom of something more like a tumour? or is he being poisoned? what is going on there? and already the left chancellor is talking about having the king deposed/abdicated/replaced by the crown prince and saying the king is losing it. ouch! in the midst of all this, bawoo has to find his footing and also keep everyone in his family safe. like hyung said, bawoo can't even run away. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Lmangla said:

the king seems to be having severe migraines. is it a symptom of something more like a tumour? or is he being poisoned? what is going on there?

i think he has those head aches becoz of the stress caused by the ministers who support the left councillor.  Isnt it unlawful to make a criminal walk free after he shot a candidate in front of the king during an exam???  It was so obvious there is a murder attempt but they just gave some bull**** reason to let him free.    

But there seems to be attempt in ep.14 to make the king handicap by giving him some poison and bed ridden from the preview.  Already we can see the prince on the throne too.  Have to wait and see from tonite episode.  

• Like 5

Oh no! As if our sweet Princess does not have enough on her plate and her man has enough problems of his own to deal with so he can’t be there all the way for her. 

Also Now SK really is in limbo. She is not BWs actual wife, Not Cha Dols real mother and Princess Hwa In is dead.Who is she now? 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Oh no! As if our sweet Princess does not have enough on her plate and her man has enough problems of his own to deal with so he can’t be there all the way for her. 

I saw this comment on YT -- someone said what if chadol's mom was a spy from left chancellor. thought about it and made sense. it is weird that she is entering the house right after bawoo is not in the house. so he can't kick her out of the house. she is claiming to be noble which is strange considering that bawoo was dirt poor. she is supposed to dump him for some friend who obviously was peasant..  plus, chadol was hiding behind the princess in shock. either he doesn't really remember her or she is not who she says she is.. so it can go several ways. lets hope it is still interesting... 

since ratings hit 10%, will they give us a group dance including chadol? I hope so! 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

36 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

someone said what if chadol's mom was a spy from left chancellor. thought about it and made sense. it is weird that she is entering the house right after bawoo is not in the house. so he can't kick her out of the house. she is claiming to be noble which is strange considering that bawoo was dirt poor. she is supposed to dump him for some friend who obviously was peasant..  plus, chadol was hiding behind the princess in shock. either he doesn't really remember her or she is not who she says she is.. so it can go several ways. lets hope it is still interesting... 

In the preview, actually Lee received report from his man that indeed there’s a young woman living in the same house as BW’s wife and Lee asked for the identity of this woman to be checked out. So Cha Dol’s mother is not a spy planted by Lee. Also from what I remembered, she dumped BW for some guy who is richer. Her identity name plate could be a fake, or something she stole from the man she ran away with. 

• Like 6

On 5/30/2021 at 12:11 PM, Lmangla said:

think it was @tulip06 that was asking about this song. is it re-do of some classic? not sure but it always stirs such emotion no chingus and feels like such a throwback to a different era and time? is it her voice or just how the melody is constructed? is this what is called as trot music? 

English Translation translation of lyrics, source: popgasa

Listen to me for a moment
Stop your tracks and come here
Why are you trying so hard?

Are you leaving?
Are you leaving me here?
You can’t go and come back again

One round, two rounds pass
Winter passes and new spring comes
It turns and turns, back to the same place

Are you leaving?
Are you leaving me here?

Time is flowing
Floating along the river, flowing
Time is flowing
Our lives are flowing

Why are you trying so hard?

Are you leaving?
Are you leaving me here?

One round, two rounds pass
Winter passes and new spring comes

Are you leaving?
Are you leaving me here?

I am obsessed with this song. That voice, that gorgeous voice! The mournful, soulful timbre of her vocals is absolutely mesmerizing and I can not get it out of my head. 

• Like 5