[Drama 2021] Sell Your Haunted House/ Daebak Real State, 대박부동산

gm4queen

387aeb316cd545129ceac360c7e59454.jpeg?s=

Jang Nara And CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa Land In The Emergency Room In “Sell Your Haunted House”

May 5, 2021

by L. Kim

KBS 2TV’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Sell Your haunted House” released new stills of Jang Nara and CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa.

“Sell Your Haunted House” is about a real estate agent and a con artist who team up to exorcise ghosts and evil auras from haunted properties. Jang Nara stars as Hong Ji Ah, a hot-tempered exorcist and the boss of Daebak Real Estate. CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa stars as Oh In Bum, a conman who doesn’t believe in ghosts but pretends to be an exorcist to make a living.

Spoilers

Previously, Hong Ji Ah and Oh In Bum were kidnapped by Do Hak Sung (Ahn Kil Kang). Do Hak Sung threatened Hong Ji Ah by holding Oh In Bum hostage, but Hong Ji Ah didn’t budge. However, On In Bum lost his necklace and became possessed by a ghost that made him demand Do Hak Sung for an apartment.

On May 5, the drama shared a glimpse of the upcoming episode. In the newly released stills, Hong Ji Ah and Oh In Bum are in the emergency room. They are sharing a quiet conversation in a mysterious atmosphere. Hong Ji Ah looks at Oh In Bum with a darkened face, but Oh In Bum shows his signature sneakiness with playful words. Hong Ji Ah sharply speaks to him with a serious expression, and his expression slowly grows rigid. This interaction raises the questions of their conversation.

cnblue-jung-yong-hwa.jpg

jang-nara1.jpg

Spoiler

sell-your-haunted-house.jpg

This particular scene was filmed in late March. Jang Nara diligently studied her script and memorized her lines as she reflected on her emotions. Jung Yong Hwa warmed up the set by talking to the staff with a playful smile. Once shooting started, they quickly immersed into their roles and increased the passion on set.

The production team praised the two actors for being cute and lively off camera but becoming absorbed into their characters when they’re filming. They added, “Please watch the drama to see this scene, which shows their delicate emotional expressions.”

Episode 7 of “Sell Your Haunted House” airs on May 5 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467503wpp/jang-nara-and-cnblues-jung-yong-hwa-land-in-the-emergency-room-in-sell-your-haunted-house

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Looks like Ms. Joo is heading into the "villain" role. It would definitely hurt Hong sajangnim plus I feel like she is going to  blame it on Oh In Beom. That would be a double whammy for Hong Ji Ah...Too bad, I love her cool character at the beginning..:tears:

Episode 7 is a tear jerker..Cried so much because of the father's back story...:tears:

Why am I lovin this look on Hong sajangnim and Oh In Beom?:lol:

E0qnlylVEAEK4td?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5
  • Love 1

https://zapzee.net/2021/05/06/k-drama-review-sell-your-haunted-house-an-exorcism-series-that-feels-so-real/
[K-Drama Review] ‘Sell Your Haunted House’: An Exorcism Series that Feels So Real

by krishkim | Edited by Kim Won Hee | Translated Kim Hoyeun | images: KBS

When we see the characters carrying out an exorcism, the works exude endless charms despite the genres. KBS’s Sell Your Haunted House is a real estate exorcism about a licensed real estate agent, who is also an exorcist, joining hands with a conman to drive out ghosts from haunted houses. With its distinctive storytelling, the series certainly evokes the desire to watch. But what are the eye-catching points of Sell Your Haunted House?

E33400D4-5CFA-459D-B59F-10580BCFAEBD.jpg

First of all, the attractive exorcism materials catch your attention. Sell Your Haunted House presents its unique exorcism setting. Exorcist Hong Ji Ah detects the unrested spirits by taking advantage of the fact that the body temperature drops to the point where she breaths out a cold breath when they are nearby. But her exorcisms involve a physical body. When the unrested spirit steps into the psychic’s body, she stabs the psychic’s heart with her binyeo that contains the spirit’s name. In the process, Hong often gets into a physical brawl with the psychic. And her thrilling action sequences add to the fun.

If the exorcism ends in success, Hong’s binyeo disappears in ashes. At that point, the spirit’s only remaining memory is transferred to the exorcist. This memory is the thoughts or regrets that the deceased had till their last breath, and it is why they turned into unrested spirits. Not only memories but also the habits that the spirits had when they were still alive enter the exorcist’s body. For about a week, the exorcist will be copying these spirits’ habits without realizing and frequently visits the place that the spirits had a strong attachment to. 

80697D8C-01EE-4E15-92F3-58FB16938AF7.jpg

The characters that firmly support such a setting are also quite fetching. Hong Ji Ah, played by Jang Na Ra, is a cold-looking and dispassionate exorcist. She is unfriendly, a bit grumpy, and always puts on black outfits. Her mother, Hong Mi Jin, is the one who taught Hong Ji Ah everything she knows about exorcism. But when Hong Mi Jin was killed during an exorcism when Hong Ji Ah was still young, she became a powerful ghost who now roams in her daughter’s house. Now, Hong Ji Ah always puts on a defensive attitude as if she has built a wall to push out other people. However, she is actually a delicate person who speaks her true feelings to her mother and relieves the spirits’ resentment in their places.  

Oh In Beom, played by Jung Yong Hwa, is a fraud who doesn’t believe in ghosts. As usual, he started a con that involves exorcism but meets Hong Ji Ah, a real exorcist. Soon, he realizes that he is a psychic. With the exceptional ability that distinguishes him from the other psychics, he joins hands with Hong Ji Ah. His psychic power is strong enough to color the salt in pure blue, and he easily goes up the stairs at Hong Ji Ah’s house that all the other psychics failed. But still, he can’t see the ghosts. Plus, he absorbs the memory that’s supposed to go to the exorcist. But the most important thing is that he raises Hong Ji Ah’s body temperature after it drops significantly during the exorcism with a simple touch. Cheeky Oh In Beom shows the complete opposite of Hong Ji Ah, enlivening their chemistry.

A3E812A2-516F-4D31-A895-93B400A74ADC.jpg

The unrested spirits’ stories double the fun. In each episode, Daebak Realty accepts the request to sell a haunted house. But with each house, Sell Your Haunted House points out various problems in society related to real estate. Realistic stories form a sense of immersion. For example, the first episode covers the story of a man who was after unearned income through real estate speculation. When his plan falls through and he loses everything, he becomes an unrested spirit. The latest episode introduced a vicious building owner who kicked out young bakery owners from the building by using reconstruction as an excuse and instead took over the store. By comforting the victimized soul through exorcism, both the genre-specific fun and thrilling satisfaction hit us at the same time.

If you’re hesitant to watch the series because you’re not a fan of ghosts, no worries. Yes, you will be startled the moment ghosts show up, but that’s all. Sell Your Haunted House is a work that you can enjoy with a light heart. So far, the Hong Ji Ah and Oh In Beom have worked on their teamwork. But in the meantime, it has been revealed that their past is somehow related to Hong Mi Jin’s death. What fate awaits the two? What stories will be unfolded in the remaining episodes?

Verdict: A delightful collaboration of a mysterious exorcism and a realistic story (7/10).

Edited by Kim Won Hee: I am a person who needs more than 24 hours in a day because there are so many things I love. I am amassing various genres in the jewelry box in my heart.
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I hope for both In Beom, Ji Ah's sakes, that whatever secret Miss Joo is harboring isn't sinister? Still.. She's shady yo.. I like that In Beom and Ji Ah are gettin' closer & havin' better team work. They're fun to watch! 

KBS finally has a gem with this drama as the past year has been well.. a drag eheh. The scene where gran reconciles with her bro moved me to tears.. Lucky for her she has a caring bro. Wish I had the same.. It's sad when you're made to feel a burden to your carers.. No one wants to fall ill but it's (death) inevitable. Lookin' forward to more ep. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Well we knew the reveal had to happen sooner or later, but still to have them fight just when they were starting to really open up to each other ... :tears:

At least now we know how Ji-A's Mom will eventually pass - We'll have another scene like Byeol where her mother will explain what really happened that night and exonerate Oh In-Bum, bringing them back together for good  - I'm just glad to know she can let her pass without having to stab her, I was not looking forward to watching that.

• Like 2
  • Love 2