[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

HJ is now between a rock and a hard place.  After talking with new Mom and admitting to what he knows about MsM's revenge, and new Mom's revenge, he cannot go along with bringing down all of Jewang Group that is new Mom's goal.  He wants to protect his father, which leads me to believe there might be even more to new Mom's story that hasn't been told since new Mom is threatening to grab the company.

The preview is confusing when new Mom orders someone to stop ex con... is he finding the lost daughter?  It almost sounds like the lost daughter is mentally ill. :(

• Like 5
  • Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who can believe these women where enemy in the start of the drama       

You can’t believe how suffocating was my engagement to SA , yes I can you doing it now to me     

only way we can deal with SA delusional     

Sorry folks got distracted by trying to watch another drama aka Doctor Stranger since it was recommended to me by someone and reading a novel or two. Am still in between novels so I might be responding a bit slower. On the good news I got my first dose of vaccination lets hope that all goes well. On other news we have a Poll. Hopefully it will still be there by the time I finish this post since I seem to be missing the polls by a day or so really frustrating me to a small extent.

Now on to the drama itself. First of all I want to say lets all clap at Idiot Central because they certainly are keeping me amused at this point. I guess I might include all the main characters in this category as well but will get to that in a bit.

So before I head into the main post itself I noticed that @LeftCoastOppa brought up a question that still hasn’t been answered so I thought that I should try and come up with an explanation though how accurate that may be might be needed to be verified by others.

Spoiler

The question was about how Miss Monte Cristo was wearing heels at the swimming pool scene and what female would actually wear one in real life. Got to say that is a bit of a hard question regardless what I have come up with in regards to the drama are two possible reasons which could easily be considered similar as well. So, one can either take their pick or come up with more logical ones.

The first one that I can think of would be more of the actress personal choice. Perhaps she is more comfortable wearing and working in heels that she didn’t consider the scene that she was in and was wearing what she liked best. Perhaps the costume/prop department failed to notice this or they weren’t all that dedicated in this department. Maybe she only tried wearing normal shoes when she felt that her character would be using them or the writer specifically added that. After all Eun Joo never wore heels since she was always on the move but as Miss Monte Cristo she lives a bit more comfortably and works in an office so her wearing heels makes more sense. Regardless wearing heels has never made a lot of sense in certain scenes and that is why I think that a character wearing them is a personal choice on their part. For instance, I have watched atleast two dramas where a character is supposed to be pregnant yet they are wearing heels during this time. I mean this is when they should be more careful and in heels, they can easily trip which can then further cause a miscarriage. Infact in one drama that actually happened. Perhaps the writer wrote it that way or the character may have thought that wearing heels might make that scene more believable. I don’t know for sure. Then again it could be a brand sponsoring thing as well so they might wear particular shoes for that reason. After all have any of you noticed how characters remove their shoes before attempting to commit suicide in these shows. Why would they do that. Probably because in real life they don’t want to damage expensive shoes. After all a person committing suicide wouldn’t be bothered to do that in real life as that wouldn’t even be on their mind at that point and it isn’t like they can take anything with them in real life. Though I should probably be a bit more sensitive to this situation and all I feel like I should get a pass since it is a drama and all.

The other explanation that I have for the shoes scenes is a bit more realistic. We have to consider the following thing first of all let’s blame it all on Miss Monte Cristo since she has a fear of water perhaps, she should never have written a pool scene in the first place. Okay all joking aside under normal circumstances it wouldn’t really have been an issue in the first place. This is because as the designer she simply needed to bring her costume to the set and hand it over to Giraffe. Something that she was already doing previously so nothing new at this point. Therefore, under normal circumstances Giraffe would have probably have come to her to collect her costume or she would have been close to her for her to hand it over to her. But in this case since Giraffe was already aware of her true identity by this point, she was simply waiting for her at the edge of the pool stalling for time. Now that is exactly what happened over here Miss Monte Cristo got so frustrated at her for stalling that she failed to notice her surroundings and marched to confront her and by the time she actually realized what happened/where she was Giraffe took advantage of her confusion. Therefore, under normal circumstances Miss Monte Cristo would have been nowhere close to the water with her heels especially with her fear of water. So the heels in this case makes sense unless I am totally remembering the scene wrong or someone else was wearing them in that case please forgive me.

While we are on the topic of the pool scene, I totally feel you guys that it was absurd that Universal Oppa had to dive into the pool for the rescue. I mean I can probably forgive the rest of the staff over there since they weren’t aware of the history between the two women and probably felt that Giraffe was over acting unless she totally wasn’t. But the same couldn’t be said about Bomi who was totally aware of what was going on yet she failed to jump into the pool for the rescue and only once Miss Monte Cristo was rescued by Universal Oppa does Bomi go and say that Giraffe did that on purpose. Sorry but that just doesn’t cut it. I feel like it would have been more believable if they told us that Bomi can’t swim or something along those lines. (Perhaps her actress really can’t or is allergic to the pool water so that is why she didn’t do it) because otherwise it just doesn’t track at this point. I guess we should simply be glad that she had the forsight to inform her brother that she had a bad feeling regarding Giraffe so he should hurry because if Miss Monte Cristo passed away this time around, we all know who to blame.

Right well onto other things now. Someone asked me if Eun Gyul hitting himself on the head with his nunchuks and getting suddenly smart was some kind of reference to Man In The Veil. The answer to that is a big definite Yes. Was being partially sarcastic as well since in real life it doesn’t seem to work like that but why stop something if it isn’t broken in these dramas. They did wonder just what good would it be for him to suddenly become smart because at this point all the evil people know about Miss Monte Cristo’s identity and all. Well in this case I would say that the best way for him to be suddenly smart would be for him to continue to play dumb. I know that this doesn’t make a lot of sense but just go with me for a bit. Currently the guy is not that smart to grasp that his father is actually dead or even when Eun Joo was supposed to be dead and all. He still thinks that his father is in the States and that is one of the reasons why they couldn’t fool him that Miss Monte Cristo wasn’t actually Eun Joo. (Yes there were a few parts where she as usual slipped up so we can blame that on her) Therefore what can easily happen is one of the crazies could slip up and say something infront of him or have him kidnapped and he overhears a part of their conversation and realizes what is up and comes up with a counter plan and all. The villains at this point wouldn’t even consider him a risk due to them being aware of just how smart he is supposed to be and if he does fake it and ask them to explain they could come up with a fake lie and think that they have him fooled thus when the let him go he surprises them all (perhaps at their trial) and gets them good. Though I admit making him smart might not be such a good idea if they are going to make him continue to play dumb as it could get a bit confusing.

Also, while we are on the topic of him and his Nunchakus. Guess he has finally managed to impress Bomi so those two can become an item. Does this mean that Bomi won’t end up with Mr. Wang does this writer really like to sink ships before they actually become one? Regardless I feel that was an absurd scene altogether. A kid walks into a shop with his parents and throws a toy airplane which nearly hits Bomi. But before it does Eun Gyul comes to her rescue which results in her getting impressed. LoL I mean that plane even if it hit her wouldn’t have hurt her so that was totally unnecessary, he only broke a poor kid’s toy. Then we have the parents apologizing to them as well as the kid. If this was in real life the kid would have probably been crying that his toy got destroyed and the parents would have been going on about how unsafe it was for an employee to having a dangerous object around them and whatnot. Like I said if this was the States someone would have to be prepared to getting Sued at this point. But hey this is a drama so all is well.

Though I guess the writer maybe shipping those two for a reason at this point. Firstly, Eun Joo is her best friend and perhaps only one considering that the other two have turned out to be a pair of Psychos and whatnot. So, she has to mend that relationship somehow. Secondly her pairing up with Eun Gyul is the perfect way after all she will now become her SiL if she ends up with Eun Gyul so she will be forced to forgive her just to keep everyone happy at this point and perhaps even be accepted in that family etc.

Now moving on to other stuff.

Just how long does it take for people to figure out Miss Monte Cristo’s real identity when the facts are glaring them right in their faces. Look I was more than willing to give Giraffe and Serin a pass for the laughs but the rest are totally absurd (basically for the male leads and all). Eun Gyul due to his nature figured out the truth right of the bat and due to how Miss Monte Cristo was sloppy. Pretty much the same for Bomi as well. But it took atleast two episodes for Disco Oppa to connect the dots and that to because he was spoon fed the answer. What I mean by this is that he found the paper that Mr. Na had written on that Eun Joo was actually Miss Monte Cristo and he even goes to the detective agency later on to verify the fact that they are looking for the real daughter. This should have been more than enough for him to realize what was going on. Instead, he has to overhear a conversation between Giraffe and Miss Monte Cristo to have his suspicions verified. Really. I have been chatting with MENSA and they inform me that they will have to probably revoke his score/membership if this turns out to be true.

Moving on to Universal Oppa he heads over to the columbarium where Eun Joo is kept and finds his engagement ring over there and when questioned he is informed that the person that gave them the ring was a dead ringer for the person placed over there that it was extremely creepy. That should have raised his Red Flags. Instead, he thinks that isn’t possible and even the fact that Bomi lies to him and tells him that it was her that he is more than ready to believe that rather than the actual truth. Look if Miss Monte Cristo didn’t show up and he never met her his reactions could have been a bit believable but he knows that Eun Joo has a supposed doppelganger out there aka Miss Monte Cristo since he has personally met her then he should be wondering what was she doing there in the first place and connect the dots. Yet he failed to do so. Awesome. Speaking of they guy saying that it was creepy when Miss Monte Cristo handed over the ring I wonder if it was the same day/night she returned because the weather that day certainly didn’t help and she did look like one of those crazy slashers from the horror movies. Hopefully the guy wasn’t watching any horror movies that night or else he would have ended up in the loony bin. Regardless of all this we know that since Universal Oppa has asked for information on that night when the guard returns and if possible, for the recovered backup of the video files of that night. This is going to happen and he is going to realize that Miss Monte Cristo is actually Eun Joo. Again, why do that can’t he connect the dots on his own. Then again, he isn’t the smartest bulb in town considering all that he has done and gone through. Is this a family trait of his? I would love to go through all the absurd things that he has gone through so far in this drama but then my post will become unnecessary long and I don’t want to torture anyone with that so let it slide.

Moving on the writer is really trying to set up his mother with Papa Ju. Ugh I don’t even want to go there but I guess that I am forced to do so at this point. The mother really needs to stop flip flopping like that especially of how he wronged her friend’s family and all as well as how is daughter took that one step further. Though hopefully if they do end up going that route it may allow the Universal Oppa and Miss Monte Cristo ship to sink. After all this will then become one complicated family tree by the end of the show. His daughter as I mentioned attempted to kill Miss Monte Cristo in the past and now, she will become her future SiL and even Universal Oppa’s step sister. Not even Bomi can be okay with that even if it is the case for her mother’s future happiness. If any of this happens Miss Monte Cristo will be forced to give up her revenge in the name of family and whatnot. Then again, her revenge has been sort of failing at this point so not sure where I stand in regards to this. I do know that a lot of viewers are going to be extremely disappointed if she ends up stopping somewhere in the middle.

Some of you have brought up the fact that Papa Ju has paid his due since he is both penniless and homeless at the same time after what he did to her family so her revenge should stop at this point towards him otherwise, she would be just as cruel as Giraffer and Serin. Going to remind all of you that one goes down the path of revenge they aren’t thinking rationally. But even then, it was pretty clear just how far she was going to go down this path. First of all, the moment she involved that doctor friend of hers his fate was sealed. The guy blames Papa Ju for his father’s death so he is not going to be satisfied with anything less. The only reason that he went along with Miss Monte Cristo’s plans so far was because they shared a common goal. Does any one think that he will go easy on him because Miss Monte Cristo suddenly has a change of heart. Nope instead he will try to take matters into his own hands if she tries to persuade him to step down. This probably means stop providing Papa Ju with his pills and whatnot. The other thing here to consider is that Miss Monte Cristo is going down the path of an Eye For An Eye, An Evil For An Evil (okay that was an anime/manga reference the later part atleast so ignore that bit) but the point remains the same. In this case she is holding Serin to the former. Since she was responsible for letting her father die, she plans on taking away her father in her revenge. Kicking him out was simply because that is what he did to her family but him dying was always in the plan especially the moment she discovered that Serin played a part in her own fathers’ death. Cruel as that maybe or even if Papa Ju doesn’t fully deserve it. Again, that might be a bit debatable at this point. Also, I don’t like Papa Ju since it seems like he hasn’t fully learned his lesson and is playing Romeo just to survive at this moment. Well, we already knew about his so called Pure Love so it doesn’t come as a surprise to me at this point.

Then again it is quite possible Papa Ju isn’t going to bite the bullet so all of you can sigh a huge breath or relief at this point. We already have a few scenes from the original novel play out for him K-Drama style sort of so it is kind of possible that something similar might happen down the line which will be enough for Miss Monte Cristo to snap out of revenge mode. For instance the guy can probably go into shock since he won’t have access to his pills anymore and just when she will be happy that her revenge is going according to as planned she will be surprised to hear that Universal Oppa’s mother has the hots for him and since she will be wailing and hoping that he survives or something along those lines will be enough to snap Miss Monte Cristo out of her revenge fueled plans. After all I feel something similar happened to Edmond Dantes when his assistant or close friend fell for the granddaughter of one of his enemies. At this point Edmond Dantes had to slightly change his initial plans for his revenge and whatnot. So lets wait and see how things turn out over here.

Mr. Na is full of laughs at this point. He says that he is going off the grid and what happens. The first night he does so by hiding in his office with the lights out thinking that he is safe until Serin walks in, then he does go into hiding but that is only temporarily since he decides that stalking Serin is a much better use of his time. But atleast like someone said his perseverance finally paid of since he got the girl. Too bad that by the end of the show they can’t share the same cell. Then again Serin probably won’t be alone since following drama logic she might simply end up sharing the cell with Giraffe and her mother unless they think that it would be safer for everyone involved to either lock Giraffe in a separate cell or the loony bin. Either works for me at this point.

They say that Giraffe is slowly losing it at the drama set I feel like it would have been better if they showed some more of that as well as her actually doing so. I somehow feel that her meltdowns just aren’t enough at this point since she is still sane enough to be semi plotting stuff so let’s wait and see how this turns out to be. Speaking of her and Universal Oppa being over or not depending on one’s perspective I do worry about his health at this point. According to Girrafe she isn’t over him and wants a restart with him. Thus, she thinks that she has 90 days to win him back before the ink dries on their divorce and makes it final. If that happens, she is going to take things to the extreme. Think about it she has to win no matter the cost. She killed her friend because she felt that she was stealing the man that she loved, when she felt that she would lose her husband to Miss Monte Cristo she had her own son abducted so that he would be forced to stay with her. This clearly shows that she likes to play dirty and what is worse is that she never seems to realize what she is doing is wrong and tries to always justify her actions along the way. So, what is she going to do when she fully realizes that Universal Oppa isn’t going to ever return to her especially once he discovers Miss Monte Cristo’s true identity or the fact that his wife tried to kill her and all? She is going to kill him because as one pointed out she can’t bare to lose and according to her own words it will be better if her husband is always remembered as her Ex no matter what. Clearly this means that she would rather cut her losses this way than see him return to Eun Joo. We know that she is more than capable of going down this route since she attempted to hurt both Eun Joo and the maid so her husband might also discover the same thing much to his horror. I also doubt that anything at this point can make her stepdown from her craziness such as how she would be ashamed to face their own son if he discovers all this and whatnot.

Regardless of all this we know that Universal Oppa isn’t going to bite the bullet by the end of this show because that would mean that Giraffe will get all parental rights to their son and we know just what kind of mother she is and how she was raised. She would probably raise another monster at this point. Then again if she is behind bars as well with her mother the raising of Hoon would probably be passed down to Universal Oppas family but like I said why complicate the plot further at this point.

On one hand I am glad that Miss Monte Cristo was actually honest with the grandmother this means that by the end it will be easy to forgive her especially if they manage to get rid of Giraffe and her mother. Some of us have been wondering if the fact that Miss Monte Cristo is a fake will affect the plot thus, they need to locate the actual daughter. I feel that it depends on how they do it. For instance, it is a given by this point that prophesy girl was the real daughter all along as some had predicted. Apparently, she and Miss Monte Cristo share a fear of water due to a bad experience in their past. Regardless of all that what is the best way to cause a wedge between Miss Monte Cristo and stepmother. Clearly letting the other know that they are being used for someone else’s revenge is one way to go. The other thing is to go with lies and hope that the other party is dumb enough to fall for them. Considering that this is a K-Drama I won’t be surprised by that at this point.

Now one can ask how that can happen in this case. Well for that to happen Giraffe and company need to first of all discover that the actual daughter died in place of Eun Joo that night and they need to reveal this fact to New Mom but at the same time try and twist the fact. Perhaps tell her that Eun Joo killed her daughter and that is why the daughter was mistaken has Eun Joo back in the day. (ie she tried to fake her death or was planning on doing it even before the accident for some reason) New Mom might fall for this lie and feel so bad that she was working with her daughter’s killer that she might turn against Miss Monte Cristo until she realizes the truth somehow.

Another idea for a poll. What do the viewers think about the fashion in this show. I only bring this up because I somehow feel like the two moms simply have a terrible fashion sense at certain points though Evil Mom seems to take the prize since her outfits 9/10 seem to be terrible compared to the rest of the cast. New Moms for the most part seem to be okay but at times she also gets weird outfits. Oh well if it makes them happy and comfortable who am I to complain. I don’t know why I was expecting Bomi to get an upgrade as well in this show and lose those glasses of hers.

Serin finally raised her game but let’s be honest it came too late for her to be impressive at this point and she may even have jeopardized Miss Monte Cristo’s revenge plan but we will have to wait and see how that turns out to be. Also, just how long will it take for both Serin and Giraffe to discover that Miss Monte Cristo is still pulling their strings by being the actual DDM Queen and the writer of the movie respectively. Like at this point she isn’t even trying to be subtle and they haven’t figured out the truth. For the DDM Queen wasn’t that Eun Joo’s own title back in the day when she was selling things online. That should have been the biggest give away for her especially once she had returned. Not only did Serin fail to recognize Miss Monte Cristo behind that mask but the name she was using as well. There should have been a few more red flags but they have slipped my mind at the moment. As for the movie there are all these scenes that only the three of them should know yet the writer can come up with similar scenes isn’t suspicious or the fact that she asked Giraffe to act out that scene with the Insulin Injection another thing that other people wouldn’t know about. I mean once could easily be a coincidence but once they start to stack up the Red Flags should have been raised. Sure, one can say that Giraffe got a bit suspicious and tried to find out via the director but since he had signed a confidentiality clause he managed to blow of her suspicions but lets be honest over here that shouldn’t have stopped Giraffe if she was actually thinking straight. Like some have said she should have stepped down ages ago from the movie unfortunately she is betting on this movie for her big comeback and whatnot that she isn’t willing to do that. Also, if Miss Monte Cristo was probably smart, she may have further placed a clause in her contract that she would have to pay a hefty penalty if she backs down further preventing her from doing so.

Anyway, back to Serin let me get this straight she is so broke at this point that she doesn’t even have enough money for her rent that she has resorted to blackmailing Evil Mom with Giraffes involvement with Eun Joo’s death as well as her fathers. Okay will go with that for the time being. It just is that I was under the impression that her office was in the same mall that her father took over from Eun Joo’s family and all so it would make sense that she would have also been kicked out from there regardless of the fact that she paid her rent or not unless they want show that Miss Monte Cristo likes to play by the book when it suits her and in this case she can’t since Serin might threaten to take her to court. Ie I paid the rent and you have to accept it so you can’t kick me out using that excuse. Regardless I thought that the same mall was being used for her office was because she would probably try and save money by working in the same building that her father owned as she would probably pay less rent this way. Again, I guess that isn’t all that important at this point.

Though again I want to bring up the point why isn’t Serin questioning the identity of the DDM Queen and why someone would be so willing to help her at this point without gaining something in return. For instance, DDM Queens skills are so good that she has celebrities wear her designs meaning she could go into business for herself so why would she need to use a no name designer to up her status. Money is a joke at this point yet Serin doesn’t seem to realize that and tries to buy her off. Not only that but she also hands over a copy of evidence that the DDM Queen can always try and use to blackmail her if she doesn’t decide to play ball with her at any point. For instance, if this wasn’t Eun Joo the DDM Queen may feel that she isn’t getting enough of the cash for her designs (if the prices go way up or something) and if Serin refuses to pay the amount that she is asking for she could threaten to make the video go public. Instead Serin thinks that the DDM Queen is on her side that she confidently told the same thing to Evil Mom as well. She didn’t need to reveal this part she simply could have told her that she had given a backup to someone that she trusted. At this point Evil Mom could think that Serin might be bluffing but would have to go along with it. With her being informed that DDM Queen holds the same evidence might make her question just how much she could trust the real DDM Queen and if she buyback said evidence from her.

Hopefully Miss Monte Cristo has made a few extra backups of said evidence so that she doesn’t end up losing it but I shouldn’t be holding my breath in regards to this. Oh well lets wait and see what happens next.

Okay while I have more to add will do so later on as it is almost 3 am over here. Feeling a bit sleepy as well. So will end the post over here for the time being. Might make another post after catching up with the latest episode. So, till then take care all of you. Poll ready or not I am coming for you. Hopefully I won’t mess up my choices unlike in the last poll. (Question what happens if I realize that I made a wrong choice in the poll is there any way to rectify it?)

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

Well that was another interesting episode -

DF Oppa confronts New Mom and it looks like the battle lines are drawn -

@Lmangla new poll questions -

#1 - whose side are you on in the coming corporate war? #teamNewMom or #teamDFOppa

#2 - which side will Eun-Jo join? 

While I'm sure many of you will call this next statement a tad premature, its already a bit obvious ... looks like the wedding is gonna get tossed.  Additionally, its looking more and more like the Uni Oppa transfer was a ruse after all - For all DF Oppa's proclamations to Uni Oppa on Ga-Heun becoming his woman, not a single confession of love, or statement of heart felt warmth between them since - Both very business like and both very matter-of-fact about it being a wedding of convenience.  Its also obvious that he thought Uni Oppa would comply with his order, and he'd have him in reserve if needed ... Like NOW 

All DF Oppa has to do now is go and apologize to Uni Oppa and he can be my hero again :lol:  

Ha-Ra is clearly going over the edge - I did like the nod to the MonteCristo source material in her scene with the doctor - her envy of Eun-Jo followed by her rage at why she should want to be a "nobody" - very Count Mondego.

Ha-Ra also wins for best insult - Mr Na & Se-Rin ... the "cockroach couple" :lol: -  repeatedly stabbing the steak was also an ominous nice touch.

Eun-Jo & Hoon -  poll question

#3 - Was Eun-Jo's Danish Prince comments to Hoon, her way of reaching out to Uni Oppa to recognize her before he leaves for good?   ... I think its more than obvious but still :rolleyes:

Tomorrows preview looks good - Uni Oppa FINALLY recognizes Eun-Jo - New Mom may be trying to kill Mr Na, and Evil StepMom is trying to poison DF Oppa ... I'm thinking the housekeepers true loyalties are about to be revealed.

Grandma's talking again!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Some thoughts:

I love Hoon's way of picking places to visit. Basing it on what animals he can meet is the right way to travel. 

The Chairman being bitter about SH...your daughter is crazy sir that is the problem not SH. 

I like that HJ figured out what is going on, and that he knows New Mom has been using EJ. I don't doubt that she loves her, but you can use people you love too. Her trying to guilt HJ into not telling EJ, I hope he doesn't listen. Also, him using EJ to get revenge for his mother is not the same, because EJ knows about it.

I think New Mom might be the final villain . Like first they get rid of the other villains and then try to save Jewang group from New Mom. I think once SH knows the truth he will be back to help HJ. Its why HJ shouldn't have pushed SH away, he needs one person he can trust completely. 

If EJ didn't want SH to know she prob shouldn't have been so obvious. Did she think Hoon wouldn't tell his Dad the compliment she told him. 

Preview: I swear if Bomi keeps lying to him. But of course she will, she prob gives EJ a heads up. Come on Bomi I was on your side, but this "protect him" nonsense needs to stop. 

• Like 9
10 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

3 - Was Eun-Jo's Danish Prince comments to Hoon, her way of reaching out to Uni Oppa to recognize her before he leaves for good?   ... I think its more than obvious but still :rolleyes:

No no, you the romantic @LeftCoastOppa it is destiny, fate. How would she know what a blabbermouth the sweet kid is? Goodness, can't you see true love at work? :tounge_wink:

Although I have asked it before, I am still unconvinced how a tame ordinary Uni oppa could rouse la grande passion in both women? Ok, ok I'll imagine.

@yamiyugi that Mama Cha- Papa Ju pairing smells off to me too. The main issue is his daughter killed her first grandchild and if EJ ends up with SH, she has killed both of them, stabbed EJ countless times in the back and SR will be part of her family? 
Imagine BM ends up with the 7 year-old mind EG too.

Either two things, SH-EJ end up together and Mama Cha tearfully sacrifices her lovelife or  HJ-EJ end together and BM remains a very good friend. The two old goats get to stay together, oops I mean old folk.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Sleeping on street  make him discovered who he is   :mrgreen: , I could have told you snack in ep 1

hy4kWhY.gif

Catching up with this week episodes 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, maribella said:

No no, you the romantic @LeftCoastOppa it is destiny, fate. How would she know what a blabbermouth the sweet kid is? Goodness, can't you see true love at work? :tounge_wink:

Okay... on question #3 ....  @maribella says .... YES ... got it

Although I have asked it before, I am still unconvinced how a tame ordinary Uni oppa could rouse la grande passion in both women? Ok, ok I'll imagine.

Careful, its always the quiet, unimposing, yes tame guys that turn out to be the toe curlers ... I mean just consider how pleased Ha-Ra looked the morning after, and that was with a nearly pickled Uni Oppa.  Imagine what the man might do sober if he put his mind to it :scream:

@yamiyugi that Mama Cha- Papa Ju pairing smells off to me too. The main issue is his daughter killed her first grandchild and if EJ ends up with SH, she has killed both of them, stabbed EJ countless times in the back and SR will be part of her family? 
Imagine BM ends up with the 7 year-old mind EG too.

Either two things, SH-EJ end up together and Mama Cha tearfully sacrifices her lovelife or  HJ-EJ end together and BM remains a very good friend. The two old goats get to stay together, oops I mean old folk.

First, I feel I should point out that neither Papa Ju nor Topknot mom, know at this point in time that Se-Rin killed Eun-Jo's baby and tried to kill her - On the flip side What happens to all the good will Topknot Mom has for Eun-Jo, if she makes good on her threat and has Papa Ju killed. Those pesky side effects of revenge ... 

Besides, Topknot Mom already knows what Papa Ju did to her Bestie and Son, yet she still pursues him .... scruples seem optional in this case.

Either way, its not insurmountable  ... there was this kdrama last year where the FL's mother, killed the ML's mother, and mentally scarred his brother ... but they had an all consuming love story, and ended up together in the end. 

It can't happen? .... the Kdramaverse has a fix for everything :lol:

Just saw ep 80 RAW - lots of screaming and yelling, I think Bo-Mi shut down New Mom's BS, and Uni Oppa has finally started beating on people other than DF Oppa ... as far as the wedding, looks like I was wrong, the preview has them still getting ready ...  I really need SUBS right now!!!

:headbang:

• Like 4
2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Careful, its always the quiet, unimposing, yes tame guys that turn out to be the toe curlers ... I mean just consider how pleased Ha-Ra looked the morning after, and that was with a nearly pickled Uni Oppa.  Imagine what the man might do sober if he put his mind to it

:loolz:

Let's do some comparison. Mr. Na figured out the secret with a pencil, a paper and a can of beer.

Uni oppa had umpteen flashbacks, a sister who looked guilty, deliberate memory joggers by EJ, the ring, the guards ... he needed Mr. Na to spell it out.

In the preview, he watched The Couple from afar. A live fish would have rushed to her and begged for her forgiveness. But I am guessing, he is asking why EJ is pretending to be GH and going through the marriage.

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

First, I feel I should point out that neither Papa Ju nor Topknot mom, know at this point in time that Se-Rin killed Eun-Jo's baby and tried to kill he

Let's say they continue the 'relationship' until the whole truth comes out, she would know SR is a murderer - who is always saying sorry though. Per your example, it's possible but I don't think it will happen.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, maribella said:

Let's do some comparison. Mr. Na figured out the secret with a pencil, a paper and a can of beer.

Uni oppa had umpteen flashbacks, a sister who looked guilty, deliberate memory joggers by EJ, the ring, the guards ... he needed Mr. Na to spell it out.

Yes, even without subs, he was disappointing this episode - The ring and the Danish Prince should've brought it to a screeching halt - but no.  I just want hear Eun-Jo's excuse ... its probably just "nope, wasn't me"  ... its worked before :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, maribella said:

In the preview, he watched The Couple from afar. A livelier fish would have rushed to her and begged for her forgiveness. But I am guessing, he is asking why EJ is pretending to be GH and going through the marriage.

True - but in his defense, that only really works once she finally admits to him she is indeed Eun-Jo

9 minutes ago, maribella said:

Let's say they continue the 'relationship' until the whole truth comes out, she would know SR is a murderer - who is always saying sorry though. Per your example, it's possible but I don't think it will happen.

The only way I see it ending for these 2 is Topknot Mom continues to visit him(bring him chicken), after he's sent to prison - I don't believe Eun-Jo will have him killed, despite her hissing -

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
35 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

True - but in his defense, that only really works once she finally admits to him she is indeed Eun-Jo

When? I didn't catch this.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

#1 - whose side are you on in the coming corporate war? #teamNewMom or #teamDFOppa

am on #team audience and therefore these are my hashtags  -- #"please stop boring us" #"bring on the revenge" #"where is the fight" #"enough with the crocodile tears of uni oppa", #"been a while since I found a lead this annoying that I am rooting for him to die", #"can we please stop with this boring love story, I don't care", #"when will he go backpacking and leave our screen", #"there is zero suspense ugh" ....

tired sloth GIF

so am cheering for both ha jun and new mom because they are only ones not sleep walking through the drama at the moment. otherwise, am really tempted to just drop and check back after a couple of episodes. not even stepmom's strange outfits are inspiring me. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

@Lmangla  I been really thinking of dropping this. but bc I have watch 80 episodes. I think I can still watch  20+ episodes. 

I also rooting for the new Mom. Hope she can finish her revenge.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
25 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  I been really thinking of dropping this. but bc I have watch 80 episodes. I think I can still watch  20+ episodes. 

I also rooting for the new Mom. Hope she can finish her revenge.

same! I have been really dragging my feet to watch the last couple of episodes and end up ffwd a lot. I miss the humour and the absurdity. at least in man in veil, we were laughing so much that we kept watching even when it made no sense. thats partly why I intensely dislike uni opppa. I feel like the focus on this sappy destiny love story arc with such a constipated character really killed the show. so yea, I would post soju and cake pics to celebrate if he dies. thats how much he irks me. 

:evillaugh:

so yea, right now only ones interesting are new mom and ha jun. I wouldn't mind if new mom destroys everyone, puts on her sunglasses and moves back to hong kong. she is the true revenge heroine of this drama -- no deviation of plan by any emotion, rational under pressure and cool as a cucumber. she deserves the title of miss M. not eun joo. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I'm going to watch this to the end...but this family drama with Jewang is REALLY ruining the buzz. In the original novel, we were all about watching the Count destroy everyone while helping those avoid the blow black of his revenge (like Mercedes, Valentine, Maximilien, etc). But because there's been this focus on the enemies as so-called "victims of circumstance" (just what was that trip to the psych supposed to achieve with HR? Or SR's daddy being an addict or whatever the heck Stepmom is supposed to be), I'm just tired of it. The show right now isn't even about Miss M - it's about HJ's so-called revenge now - so maybe they should rename it to Mister Montecristo! Rather than allowing us to see Miss M in possible grey shades, the whole thing has gone off the rails. I had this issue with The Promise and Graceful Revenge, which started off strong and then got all muddled in the middle (but at least they finished strong).

The preview made me laugh - Stepmom, the Bumbling Mr. Na, SR, and HR in a War Room, ready to destroy Miss M and New Mom. Don't they know they're about to be struck by the final nail in the coffin? HJ knows about Oman group, SR doesn't know that Miss M = Real DDM queen, and it looks like Halmoni is going to start talking REALLY soon. All I could say to that was "Onward toward your noble deaths!"

So Uni Oppa finally knows. It only took him 80 episodes. But what is he gonna do now? Is his spine going to get all shiny now? I guess we'll have to see.

I'm ride or die at this point, so I'm sticking to the end!

:wow1:

• Like 5

I am not sure which FL is more hair- pulling, a hissing deflated wannabe revenge type or a stubbornly passive walk-over-me type as in A Good Meal. 
I tried watching a few episodes of Amor Fati. :smirk: Both FL and ML were the pathetic type.

Sell Your Haunted House is keeping me happy and I can always re-watch Taxi Driver - no evil males or females could walk over them.

I can really commiserate with everyone who wants to shoot Uni oppa. The ML and FL should be engaging the viewers, FL frequently shows flashes of determination, but watching SH is like eating plain white rice. Ok, so go thump Mr. Na who is btw smarter than you are, but it takes more than a few punches to redeem you SH.

@backstreetboysfan your persistence paid off, finally SH put two and two together and believed Mr. Na, GH=EJ. So smart... :lol:

So what is he going to do next? Instead of sweeping her off her feet, he seems to be stalking her. 

• Like 6
  • ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토