[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

18 minutes ago, maribella said:

In real life, I'd think EJ would feel terrible when/if she found out that Chairman Oh was directly responsible for New mum's grief, and she had been dilly dallying with her revenge. She had not been aggressive enough, and making a pact with the murderess of her baby and Pa was absolutely stupid. She would say ' I should have helped you much more' to New mum. That's the least she could do for someone who took in a cripple, without knowing anything about her. If she starts to rant about being used, that would be one ungrateful woman.

IRL - I could see EJ sympathizing with New Mom, but if New Mom wasn't on the level at the start, she has no right to take issue if EJ revolts for being used - Since we're talking IRL, lets not dress it up, EJ and New Mom & Mr Wang have already broken several laws, if New Mom wasn't honest about the true goals, how can EJ be sure she isn't being set up to take the fall?

• Blob 1

18 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Mom wasn't honest about the true goals, how can EJ be sure she isn't being set up to take the fall?

Set up for what? 
For stealing 50 mill bribe money, for scamming a scammer to get scammed properties back, for investing in a film with bad script :Megalol: sorry I find this funny. I should feel sad since there were deaths involved.

No it's all done under the radar, no one wants to go to prison. No one is going to get the blame. 

@Lmangla another poll. Will Newmum and EJ be at loggerhead soon? Will HJ send his sister to jail? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, maribella said:

Set up for what? 
For stealing 50 mill bribe money, for scamming a scammer to get scammed properties back, for investing in a film with bad script :Megalol: sorry I find this funny. I should feel sad since there were deaths involved.

No it's all done under the radar, no one wants to go to prison. No one is going to get the blame. 

Really - Hwang Ji-Na has an established history as a legitimate business woman, Eun-Jo is living under an assumed identity.  Thus Eun-Jo is already in jeopardy where New Mom is not.

Eun-Jo wants revenge on someone in the Jewang Group, New Mom wants revenge ON the Jewang Group - Eun-Jo is pretending to be someone else, New mom isn't - If Eun-jo gets exposed, and subject to legal action New Mom claims she's been duped calls for a DNA test and cuts Eun-Jo loose

You said REAL LIFE, Financial Fraud, Conspiracy to Defraud, Assault, Wire Tapping ... the list goes on and on as anyone watching can attest to.   Scamming a scammer maybe justice in a revenge drama, but IRL it often proves illegal. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

You said REAL LIFE, Financial Fraud, Conspiracy to Defraud, Assault, Wire Tapping ... the list goes on and on as anyone watching can attest to.   Scamming a scammer maybe justice in a revenge drama, but IRL it often proves illegal. 

My point is who is going to make the police report? I am not saying what they did is legal. 
It's just like a poster that I saw once, a man is holding a grenade and another man is pointing a gun to his head. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, maribella said:

My point is who is going to make the police report? I am not saying what they did is legal. 
It's just like a poster that I saw once, a man is holding a grenade and another man is pointing a gun to his head. 

Depends on how they got caught - I'm sure New Moms plan involved(s) Eun-Jo remaining in the dark until control of the company shifts - as long as nothing happens, things work. However, if things don't ... Like Mr Na stabbing Uni Oppa to protect Se-Rin, then a police investigation has the potential to uncover everything ... Mr Na leads to Papa Ju, Se-Rin and Ha-Ra, which leads to Madame Black/DDm Queen/Ga-Heun, which soon after leads to Eun-Jo.

When the bad guys soon learn they can't win, they'll try to take as many down with them as they can - The person with nothing to lose has nothing to fear.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Depends on how they got caught - I'm sure New Moms plan involved(s) Eun-Jo remaining in the dark until control of the company shifts - as long as nothing happens, things work. However, if things don't ... Like Mr Na stabbing Uni Oppa to protect Se-Rin, then a police investigation has the potential to uncover everything ... Mr Na leads to Papa Ju, Se-Rin and Ha-Ra, which leads to Madame Black/DDm Queen/Ga-Heun, which soon after leads to Eun-Jo.

When the bad guys soon learn they can't win, they'll try to take as many down with them as they can - The person with nothing to lose has nothing to fear.

This is interesting.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

It will probably work that way in real life but in this drama, we have an 'angelic' EJ who 'considered' SR by not revealing her identity, made a pact with her murderer.. :loolz:I cannot type with a straight face. 

It's not going to happen. EJ will happily take the fall. So whatever diabolical plans New mum has would be moot. They won't take off. 

Chairman Oh, wife and daughter will crash, before anyone else. SR and Papa Ju have their number.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

21 minutes ago, maribella said:

It will probably work that way in real life but in this drama, we have an 'angelic' EJ who 'considered' SR by not revealing her identity, made a pact with her murderer.. :loolz:I cannot type with a straight face. 

It's not going to happen. EJ will happily take the fall. So whatever diabolical plans New mum has would be moot. They won't take off. 

Chairman Oh, wife and daughter will crash, before anyone else. SR and Papa Ju have their number.

If we're dumping the IRL condition, I'll join you in a chuckle - Eun-Jo's rules of war, and "considerations" for Se-Rin, defy belief, even in the kdramaverse.

I'll disagree with you on New Mom's plan - the writer wouldn't have introduced it as a mysterious sub-plot unless we're going to get at least alittle dust up on it - Maybe it breaks them up, maybe it doesn't, but something will happen. 

Not sure Chairman Oh is doomed just yet - he accurately called out New Mom, and DF Oppa will defend him - Uni Oppa is now a wild card after being stabbed, and Ha-Ra's BS excuses aren't going to slow him down - If Eun-Jo's identity slips to Uni Oppa, or DF Oppa realizes New Mom's dismissal threat is an empty one, then both revenge plots go sideways for awhile. I'm just wondering when/if Ha-Ra figures out its better to give up on the movie, and take the bullets out of Eun-Jo's revenge, or stumble blinding ahead and end up in jail or dead. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Oppa realizes New Mom's dismissal threat is an empty

New mum says she has enough equity to sack Disco oppa. How is it empty threat?

Edit:

:surprisedwut:I have watched the raw episode. I don't understand how HJ is going to undertake EJ's revenge by marrying her and also giving prior warning to her target , HR. 

• Blob 2

5 hours ago, maribella said:

New mum says she has enough equity to sack Disco oppa. How is it empty threat?

New Mom is clearly seeking control of Jewang Group - the threat is empty now that DF Oppa knows Ga-Heun is Eun-Jo - If New Mom tries to have him dismissed, she can't install Miss M to replace him as DF Oppa can and would prove she's Eun-Jo.  If New Mom tries to install a new neutral 3rd party, she couldn't get Chairman Oh tossed immediately, giving DF Oppa and his father time to counter her - Nevermind the added fun if DF Oppa tells Uni Oppa the truth about Miss M.

• Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

Today episode is wow! HJ is and still my favorite character. He is using his brain. Let me explain. 

Schitts Creek Coffee GIF by CBC  

GH/EJ he knows her identity and her revenge. He basically told her if you don’t do as I say I will ruin revenge your by turning HR and SR in. That way she won’t get the justice/revenge she wants. 

@LeftCoastOppa Disco oppa did not betray SH. He is basically trying to save his life. When he was in the car with HR his face said it all. He just witnessed crazy and he saw this is not going to end well what so ever. He thought divorce will be enough but HR  put a stop to that train. He has to get SH and Hoon to safety like to the other side of the world safe. HR ain’t playing when she was talking to her mom. I sense something wicked this way come.

Oh Hell No Reaction GIF by Bounce

EJ/GH with SH is messy like he said and then HR will fully explode and put everything and everyone in danger.  Best to rein in both of them. Separated EJ/GH from her weakness and stumbling block. That can be used against her as an weakness. EJ/GH and SH is too toxic for each other. 

• Insightful 2

39 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Oh my fricken god ... DF Oppa Betrayed Uni Oppa -

Wow...HJ really used this opportunity to have Miss M for himself. Just throw that entire family away!! (maybe not Halmoni, but everyone else can go).

I don't want Miss M with anybody now. HJ is a cad - he can go kick rocks.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, youngae said:

@LeftCoastOppa Disco oppa did not betray SH. He is basically trying to save his life. When he was in the car with HR his face said it all. He just witnessed crazy and he saw this is not going to end well what so ever. He thought divorce will be enough but HR  put a stop to that train. He has to get SH and Hoon to safety like to the other side of the world safe.

Yes, DF Oppa most certainly did betray Uni Oppa -

DF Oppa is sending him away to ease his own conscience - He knows Uni Oppa is still in love with Eun-Jo, and he knows she still loves him.  By forcing Ha-Ra to complete the divorce, it helps remove the constraints on Uni Oppa from leaving the country. DF Oppa knows full well how tenacious Uni Oppa is, he knows Uni Oppa is already close to discovering Miss M's identity and would continue that pursuit if he stays.  Transferring Uni Oppa to New York, didn't save him in the slightest from Ha-Ra. They announced it on the Company Internet. Thus Chairman Oh knows, as well as EvilStepMom, which means Ha-Ra knows, and Uni Oppa hasn't even packed his bags yet.    DF Oppa is more keenly aware than anyone else, that Eun-Jo and Uni Oppa are gravitating more and more towards each other. He simply trying to separate them by forcing Eun-Jo into something she clearly doesn't like, and betraying the man, that up to this point, has consistently stood by him.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

46 minutes ago, youngae said:

Disco oppa did not betray SH. He is basically trying to save his life.

Nah, I'm not buying that.

HJ is willing to continue to let SH be in the dark over HR and SR's misdeeds so he can have Miss M as "his woman". Didn't even give him the opportunity to find out about his lost child or just how messed up his wife is. Yeah, HR is cray cray but HJ is willing to let that slide for "his revenge". Miss M in her own way has been helping him but because of his greed, it's all off the rails. She went to bat with him with new Mom, telling her she saw the good in him, only for it to slap her in the face. 

He's greedy. That whole damn family is greedy. Miss M needs to woman up and burn them all to ashes!

:onfirex:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I haven't watched the episode yet but I did skip to the preview for tomorrow. 

It looks like the way they keep Bomi's mouth shut is by showing how terrible a person Miss M is. That way Bomi thinks she is saving SH from seeing how dark EJ has become. 

1 hour ago, youngae said:

Disco oppa did not betray SH. He is basically trying to save his life. 

Do you know what would also save his life....telling him the truth. All these people need to stop making decisions for Uni Oppa and just tell him the truth. 

I hope SH just quits and keeps digging. I can't imagine them taking him off screen with only 24 episodes to go. I really think they are going to have him interrupt the wedding dramatically. 

• Like 3

So besides DF Oppa's betrayal, that was an interesting way to start the week ...

- Ha-Ra jumps back into the psycho race ... threatens scorched earth if she can't have Uni Oppa

- Enemies to the death have another friendly get together, to discuss who broke the rules of war :rolleyes:

- Ha-Ra was right to scoff at Eun-Jo capitulating to DF Oppa's threat - what does Eun-Jo really have to fear if DF Oppa talks? 

Those Who Know Miss M = Eun-Jo

New Mom, Mr Wang, Ha-Ra, Se-Rin, Mr Na, Bo-Mi, Eun-Gyul, DF Oppa, Fake Doc

Those Who Don't Know Miss M = Eun-Jo

Old Mom, Topknot Mom, Chairman Oh, EvilStepMom, Papa Ju, Grandma, Uni Oppa

- How does keeping her secret from those who are left in the dark help her? 

- Old Mom, Topknot Mom, would be on her side - Chairman Oh, EvilStepMom, and Grandma, were never part of her revenge plan, besides, Ha-Ra already knows, so what is gained here? Papa Ju is homeless, and she got the house and mall back, no real threat there, and again, Se-Rin already knows so again, what is saved by keeping him in the dark?, Uni Oppa would try to stop her, or perhaps do something rash himself, so at least an argument can be made there but even that is weak.

- So Eun-Jo has essentially agreed to be forced into marriage to keep her identity a secret from people who in the grand scheme, don't amount to much ... :blink:

- And whats with New Mom's backflipping?  She's been trying to separate Miss M from Uni Oppa for along time now, but she looked positively stunned when Eun-Jo said she was marrying DF Oppa. Now she's worried about the fit Uni Oppa will throw when he finds out??? Really?

- When did Se-Rin get so cutthroat?  I like it, alittle late, but still .... I like it

- Speaking of Se-Rin, she misses Mr Na? :huh:  ... looks like perseverance pays off. 

- Whats up with Fake Doc stringing out Papa Ju?  They got the mall back already so whats he planning to use him for now?

Should be another interesting week -

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1