[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

9 hours ago, tofumochu said:

At least this time, Eunjoo has her new mom and hajoon cleaning up her mess of a revenge plan.

yea, fingers crossed that we are going to get some revenge as both new mom and hajun are better strategists than eunjoo. she might also open up more to him and share more about what went down. also wonder if it will be hajun that links what happened to new mom. eun joo won't probably connect the dots. 

@joccu ~  it looks like sun hyuk is going to be in the dark till the last few episodes.  am curious to see what will happen to chairman because that will give us a clue to sun hyuk's fate. in a way, both of them took similar paths -- they married the woman that killed the first wife and had a child with her. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Lmangla could you retrieve the poll we had on who's going to be the last one to find out GH=EJ?

I think most of us said Uni oppa. 

I had said very early in the show, I wish they had better looking men. When Uni oppa stood in his hospital pyjamas next to the immaculately dressed and made up HR, it came back to me. Just like the Evil stepmum, I thought HR you killed just for a man? SH too? How shall I put it? He is a nice devoted papa but with average looks and the son of a cafe owner? :surprisedwut: :hwaiting2:

@Lmangla there are similarities between Chairman Oh and Uni oppa, but it's easy to understand why a poor ambitious unlicensed nurse ( perhaps) would covet the Chairman. But SH? 
Maybe the evil from the mother embeds into OHR when she was a fetus? :lol:

I don't believe it. I think it was being trained by the mother to be a bully and violent that makes her think she is the centre of the universe.

Edit: did anyone watch the ending of Phoenix 2020? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, maribella said:

@Lmangla there are similarities between Chairman Oh and Uni oppa, but it's easy to understand why a poor ambitious unlicensed nurse ( perhaps) would covet the Chairman. But SH? 

kekeke... as you said it is unbelievable that uni oppa of all people has been the centre of this triangle. :lol:

not sure what hara sees in him but that is even unclear to serin or evil stepmom. so audience is also left confused. maybe it is lullaby singing? :P

here are the details of the poll you had asked out. it is a close call between eun joo's mom and sun hyuk

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

11 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

like Choi Myoung-Gil from Gracious Revenge, but the plot sounds like a mess.

It seems like trying to set up a motive for revenge on a very flimsy basis. Her father died and she has suspicions.

Her wayward mum is now her target?

Maybe will check it out. 

Just finished the last episode of Taxi driver. An almost invincible hero with streaks of sensitivity....:heart2:

edit @joccu, @LeftCoastOppa I watched part of Phoenix ending and went to Ep 1 to figure out the characters at the end. She is Eric's wife with two young children and they are in therapy. She is made CEO by popular demand etc... a very successful career woman, happy marriage .... They must have killed off the pathetic cardiac surgeon like in the original. Why would they even call it remake? Phoenix was the rebirth of the two people and their love in the original.

Edit:edit:

Maybe this is an omen that HJ and EJ will be the end couple, two energetic children, Grandma watching them benignly, GJ or Wang holding BM's hands, Chairman Oh and New mum have buried the hatchet - into VP Geum and HR. Original GH is found in a columbarium. :glasses:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

The conversation between New Mom and Chairman was interesting. He did make the point that if she is a corporate raider, than how is she different from him. She spent her career doing the same thing that Jewang group did to her husband to other people. Seems hypocritical of her.

I don't know. I never really feel for New Mom and her revenge. Like Jewang group wasn't obligated to help out her husband. Its not like they promised to help and then stole all his secrets. They just waited for him to fail on his own. My guess is Jewang group wasn't the only company he went to for help, they were just the last hope. Its not like they sabotaged him and caused his company to fail. 

HJ has it all figured out. I think he believes that EJ is using SH for her revenge. Maybe in the beginning she was, but I feel like she stopped that way before now. I just don't know if she will admit this to HJ.

From the preview, I don't understand why HJ is suddenly forcing the marriage. Does he think that he is protecting SH by doing this?  Once the truth comes out there is no way SH wouldn't feel a betrayal and prob hatred towards HJ. 

Or I could be wrong and EJ refuses him. Lets hope. 

We still have 25 episodes left. I really hope that SH finds out next week. My second guess is if a wedding does happen, Bomi will tell SH and he will stop the wedding. There is no way that Bomi will let a wedding happen with SH in the dark. And I doubt any amount of EJ pleading will stop Bomi from telling SH. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

Like Jewang group wasn't obligated to help out her husband. Its not like they promised to help and then stole all his secrets.

The husband's scene was very short so I may be wrong. But I think he said they promised their support so he went into it with everything he had. I think that would be duplicitous to renege on their words.

But even if there was no promise, waiting for a company to collapse and pick on it like a vulture is not an ethical behaviour, especially from the same country. They bought it after it crashes knowing it has potential.  They could have bought shares and build it together.

during the Asian meltdown, a lot of companies went bankrupt and sold at pittance from what I have read.

I am not a fan of corporate raiders but they are investment companies, their aims are not the same as corporations like Jewang.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, maribella said:

Maybe this is an omen that HJ and EJ will be the end couple, two energetic children, Grandma watching them benignly, GJ or Wang holding BM's hands, Chairman Oh and New mum have buried the hatchet - into VP Geum and HR. Original GH is found in a columbarium.

woody harrelson GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

:kiss_wink:

40 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

From the preview, I don't understand why HJ is suddenly forcing the marriage. Does he think that he is protecting SH by doing this?  Once the truth comes out there is no way SH wouldn't feel a betrayal and prob hatred towards HJ. 

I think its the Writer/PD toying with us - He probably tells her to tell Uni Oppa that they're getting married, but they left out the rest, where DF Oppa continues to say its for show i.e. no marriage registration, no honeymoon, no shared bed ... if its not this, then the Writers have just pulled the most radical character flip I've ever seen, and destroyed one of the best characters in the drama.  There is no credible reason now for DF Oppa to betray Uni Oppa.

Or its a challenge - Miss M tries to lie her way out of being caught and DF Oppa knows her well enough to know she still loves Uni Oppa, so he tells her, if you're not Eun-Jo, tell him we're getting married.

47 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

We still have 25 episodes left. I really hope that SH finds out next week. My second guess is if a wedding does happen, Bomi will tell SH and he will stop the wedding. There is no way that Bomi will let a wedding happen with SH in the dark. And I doubt any amount of EJ pleading will stop Bomi from telling SH.

Agreed - but I don't think Uni Oppa is in the dark for much longer. He was stabbed investigating Eun-Jo, he knows he's onto something, he's not about to stop without answers, especially when almost all parties are trying to stop him.  I don't think it gets to a wedding, but that could be a great scene if it does, Uni Oppa stopping the wedding by announcing the bride isn't Ga-Heun, but in fact Eun-Jo ... in front of EVERYONE - That would be awesome B)

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

I am not a fan of corporate raiders but they are investment companies, their aims are not the same as corporations like Jewang.

Corporate raiders are not just companies that invest in other companies. They invest with the intention of taking over control from/kicking out current owners. Then they keep/control the company or resell it for profit. 

If Jewang group were corporate raiders (like New Mom), they would have invested in the husband's company, and then done a hostile take over and kick New Moms husband out. The end goal is the same, to take over the company. 

I just think from what we have heard about New Mom that its not like she is any better than them. In regards to business, obv there is a bunch of other stuff that makes her a better person in general.

I don't think they ever mentioned that she only goes after companies held by bad people or anything like that. But she does invest in companies vulnerable to take overs and use that to her advantage.

I think its a little bit learning lessons from what happened to her husband and doing it to other people to create her wealth. I wonder wouldn't there be people out there who want revenge on her for taking their companies?

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Corporate raiders are not just companies that invest in other companies. They invest with the intention of taking over control from/kicking out current owners. Then they keep/control the company or resell it for profit. 

If Jewang group were corporate raiders (like New Mom), they would have invested in the husband's company, and then done a hostile take over and kick New Moms husband out. The end goal is the same, to take over the company. 

I just think from what we have heard about New Mom that its not like she is any better than them. In regards to business, obv there is a bunch of other stuff that makes her a better person in general.

I don't think they ever mentioned that she only goes after companies held by bad people or anything like that. But she does invest in companies vulnerable to take overs and use that to her advantage.

I think its a little bit learning lessons from what happened to her husband and doing it to other people to create her wealth. I wonder wouldn't there be people out there who want revenge on her for taking their companies?

Being taken over by corporate raiders do not leave them penniless, powerless yes. I have read some about Carl Icahn's tactics. They did buy low and sell high which is basic stock trading but it was not to their benefit to crash a company since they did not have the expertise to run the companies, they still had to rely on the old company.   I am no expert on business though.

Jewang fashion did not just grow on the husband's company, it was just plain crooked with Evil stepmum extorting suppliers and contractors. When SR was exposed the first time (there is going to be a second) plagiarism of designs, wrong dismissal etc. were mentioned. So I do think it's a different kettle of fish than Heipeu fund which is only involved in Jewang's company business due to EJ's revenge.

@LeftCoastOppa  HJ is a better future SIL, way much better than SH. A chaebol, a pure heart, Grandma's pet, true friend and so much more. 

What does SH have? A son. Soon to be divorced and heart burn whenever EJ is in trouble.  Nahhh... no potential at all.  But the writer may be an idiot enough to have EJ end up with him.

Given the choice, I'll bring in Jo In Sung or Gong You or even TP.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, maribella said:

@LeftCoastOppa  HJ is better future SIL, way much better than SH. A chaebol, a pure heart, Grandma's pet, true friend and so much more. 

What does SH have? A son. Soon to be divorced and heart burns whenever EJ is in trouble.  Nahhh... no potential at all.  But the writer may be an idiot enough to have EJ end up with him.

Given the choice, I'll bring in Jo In Sung or Gong You or even TP.

Better future SIL? - Are the parents deciding this or is Eun-Jo?

DF Oppa does have all that you ascribe to him, and I freely admit, he is a good guy, the problem is he is missing the one thing that Uni Oppa does have, ... Eun-Jo's heart - and in case you missed it ( I know you didn't ) she gets heart burn too when ever he's in danger - its called destiny.  BTW, Eun-Jo is rather fond of Hoon too, so love is all around.   Plus Eun-Jo's mom & Uni Oppa's Mom are besties now, no awkward holidays, or family get togethers ... which is nice :rolleyes:

DF Oppa gave it a good run, and he will help bring them back together so the man gets full props from me, but in the end, there is only one - Uni Oppa

Why don't you jump on team Uni Oppa - ride out the remaining episodes and come in for the big WIN! 

Disclaimer - If DF Oppa had been written for Jo In Sung as a sly, crafty, wise in the ways of the world, business conman (ala That Winter the Wind Blows) ... I might've ... just might've switched sides.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

The conversation between new mom and chairman was verySchitts Creek Coffee GIF by CBC 

I think new mum was in a way giving him one more chance or way out. To see if he was control by HR’s mom or if he was truly a bad man. If she should focus on her revenge on both or stick with her original plan of HR’s mom. As we can see the chairman failed miserably. Makes me wonder what HJ’s mom saw in the chairman. But that’s water under the bridge. 

youtube love GIF by Rosanna PansinoWill GH ruin new mum’s master plan? I don’t think so. New mum been waiting a long time she had no time for failure.

Now chairman and SH have one thing or two things in common. The are both easy to manipulate by evil women. They both married them after they murder their first loves. Also both cover for them with their evil doings. But in the chairman’s case HR’s mom evilness has rub off on him. Now SH is divorce and seeming breaking away from HR for now. Let’s see how long that will last. If he starts going back to HR then he never really deserve EJ in the first place. Just because they are first loves doesn’t mean anything sometimes first loves are not meant to be together.  

Sure they can be together. True love blah blah but can they really? It will be toxic for me. Due to betrayal. Thing about betrayal it had roots and goes deep. Sure you can try to kill the roots or pull them out but there is always that one root that was not gotten and here we go again. There is Hoon sure he may love GH now and stuff. At the end of the day he is HR’s son. That won’t change and a remembrance of that betrayal. Love now but resentment later.

I think Disco oppa sees the light at the end of the tunnel and he sees that this is bad. Looks good now but bad later. GH and SH are too toxic for each other. If he doesn’t rein her in she could turn into another HR and her mother.

Bomi is too stuck in the past she needs a wake up call. Phone Call GIF by sophiaamoruso “Hi this is the Present! We have a problem I’m going to need you to catch up. Leave the past behind. We good? Bye”.

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

she gets heart burn too when ever he's in danger - its called destiny. 

maybe it is just undiagnosed gastritis and what she really needs is this -- 

584f30100121663.Y3JvcCwxMzgwLDEwODAsMzAs  

:P

• LOL 6

How is New Mom planning on turning HJ against his father. HJ already know about her husband's suicide and his father's role in it. So unless New mom makes something up I can't think of a reason for HJ to turn on his father. Other possibility is leaking what Hara did to EJ (or some of it) and let HJ watch as the Chairman tries to cover it up. Other than that I can't think how to cause a rift. 

The other thing I hope happens next week is EJ stops being the dark regarding New Moms own revenge plans. With 25 episodes left I am waiting for that rift to happen, only for them to reconcile in the end. But I think EJ is going to feel used.

If SH is toxic because of his connection to Hara than so is HJ. One is Hara ex and has her kid. The other is Hara's brother, them not liking each other doesn't change that fact. The healthiest option would be neither of them and move on with something completely separate from Hara.

I think Bomi would learn to accept HJ and EJ, but only if SH is not in the dark and the truth was out. If EJ is honest and genuinely wanted to be with HJ than Bomi would only wish her friend the best. Cause this is for revenge and EJ can't really hide how she feels about SH, Bomi is not really going to play along.

Also, why should she. Part of me thinks EJ wanted to disappear after her revenge/not go back to her old life. After Bomi found out, EJ was basically wanting her to lie to everyone she loves for the rest of her life. That is an unreasonable ask. Yes it ruins the revenge but it was EJ fault for being so sloppy with the dress. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

In real life, I'd think EJ would feel terrible when/if she found out that Chairman Oh was directly responsible for New mum's grief, and she had been dilly dallying with her revenge. She had not been aggressive enough, and making a pact with the murderess of her baby and Pa was absolutely stupid. She would say ' I should have helped you much more' to New mum. That's the least she could do for someone who took in a cripple, without knowing anything about her. If she starts to rant about being used, that would be one ungrateful woman.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2