[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

49 minutes ago, Yazusa said:

Here a list of why EJ should not be Uni Opa or will not be 

1 The man try to kill himself in a stream he should jump of the bridge is more believable 

2 Slept with Hara and did not wear a condom he should of got drunk at his mom house and lock the door 

3 OMG he was beaming from ear to ear at his wedding lookin at Hara in her wedding dress 

4 Holding hands at the water with a pregnant Hara smiling and happy looking like a Hallmark greeting card

5 Sleeping with Hara all those 4 or 5 yrs and don’t know what type of woman he knocked up 

6 After seeing his wife on video beating up an employee that the mother your son and all he can do ok that is major red flag and is ok with it

7 Shoving her son in a dressing room to not cramp her style and worse forget about him that is Child Abuse even if a daily drama and he still have Hoon stay in that house with Hara 

8 Trying to Divorce Hara but wimp out when she kidnap Hoon should of got a good lawyer and threatened Hara with the press if you say you love Hoon so much

9 Using Ms M to release your guilt about EJ  and covering for Hara she had to find Hoon for you for god sake  man up is that the type of person EJ should hook up at the end of the show that’s why I say Mr wang is better plus after she finish with all this revenge she can not stay in Korea to many bad memory 

and go start fresh with her new mon and Mr wang in Hong Kong after setting her mom and brother with a good worry free life

Absolutely agree with you especially the 2-5 parts. He had been the dutiful husband and doting father for 5 years. 

When HR pretended to have a miscarriage, he said that he knew she was not pregnant because she was on contraceptives without discussing it with him. Why would he add 'discussing it with him'?  I am sure it was because he wanted the option to have children to be their decision. That does not sound like a man who was in a horrible marriage or never cared for HR. If EJ had died and not returned, he would have continued with his comfortable life. He deserves EJ's wrath, whatever she could muster  when she's not wavering.

The writer is trying to paint him as a someone who loves once,  so he should not have been so happy. Even with Hoon, he should have moments wondering what his and EJs kid would look like. Disco Oppa is more of the true type than him. Except why make him childish, a thirty something Mensa man? 

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who can believe these women where enemy in the start of the drama       

You can’t believe how suffocating was my engagement to SA , yes I can you doing it now to me     

only way we can deal with SA delusional     

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

guess we will just have to disagree. :) I would say that she is loyal up to a point. then she is selfish in the sense that she wants eun joo to resume a relationship with her brother and then all of them to be connected together again. time has passed. if it happens on its own, fair enough. but you can't force something to happen.. a whack on the head hasn't made her realize how dangerous the situation is, bomi is an annoying idiot. she is definitely trying to stop eun joo from her revenge because she wants things to go back to the way they were and it is not happening in the pace she wants or the way she wants. bomi dislikes eun joo v2.0 but ga heun is a different person with a different approach to this situation. if she can't do something useful, then as a friend, she needs to stay in her lane and not create more danger for everyone around including herself. but she won't because she is an idiot. maybe mr wang should kiss her senseless and she will stop worrying about eun joo. 

Bo-Mi is selfish? The same Bo-Mi that looked after Eun-Jo's Mother and Brother for 4 years, and watched her own brother traumatized still with the idea that the woman he was to marry died a day before the wedding? .... and Bo-Mi is selfish? Sorry that won't fly - While I'll freely admit threatening Ha-Ra & Se-Rin by herself was foolish, Miss M is just as idiotic - They killed her child, tried to kill her at the bridal shower, she was almost killed in a fire, and almost buried alive, but she goes ahead and provokes her two assailants with the exact situational facts of the bridal shower that only those 3 could possibly know about, she is screaming HEY LOOK AT ME, but you want to fault Bo-Mi for possibly giving her away? ...Pot meet Kettle.  Miss M is not a completely different person, if she were, we wouldn't be treated to theses weekly scenes of her fighting with herself about Uni Oppa - And no, Bo-Mi shouldn't stay in her lane, why should she stand idly by and watch her brother be tormented?  Easy answer - she shouldn't, and won't - I guess we will just have to disagree :)

1 hour ago, Yazusa said:

Here a list of why EJ should not be Uni Opa or will not be 

1 - so because he wasn't successful in killing himself he's somehow not worthy ... good luck with that

2 - He started drinking by himself. Topknot mom was worried about him and sent Ha-Ra to find him, by the time she did, he was already so drunk he was hallucinating. He clearly thought she was Eun-Jo, and since we know Eun-Jo was carrying his first child, they weren't using condoms obviously, and thats when Ha-Ra raped him. 

3 - No he was not "beaming from ear to ear at his wedding lookin at Hara in her wedding dress" the scene where he was smiling was when he was remembering Eun-Jo in her wedding dress, at their practice ceremony

4&5 - we already know via his own words he never loved Ha-Ra, and only married her for Hoon, additionally  all that you cite was witnessed by Eun-Jo before her 4 year absence - she could've confronted them both years ago but chose not to - Uni Oppa thought she had died, and she still has done nothing to correct that.

6 - He was never "okay" with video of Ha-Ra beating the spa employee - what drama are you watching - he was in the office when Ha-Ra was fired by her dad, he got directly up in her face when she tried to sell him a sob story in his own office, and the only reason he didn't do more, was because Ha-Ra humbled herself kneeling before her father and begged for forgiveness

7 -  Uni Oppa was in Ha-Ra's face BEFORE the video ever hit the press. Miss M delivered Hoon to his office, and he went after Ha-Ra.  For all you that want to keep painting Uni Oppa with this broad brush I suggest you rewatch the episodes specifically his actions with Ha-Ra following  each of the Hoon incidences - He didn't sit idly by and take it, after she ignored his warnings  he did end up taking his son and leaving

8 - "wimp out?" as of today's episode he is still divorcing her, so it looks like he means what he says...

9 - "Using Ms M to release your guilt about EJ  and covering for Hara she had to find Hoon for you" ... now this one really made me laugh :lol: - you might want to rewatch a few episodes - Miss M volunteered to be Eun-Jo for him, but according to you he is "using" her?  Yeah, right - As far as finding Hoon, she didn't have to do it for him, in point of fact, he was already looking, and specifically told her NOT to concern herself with his son, and she went against his wishes and without his knowledge and did it anyway - hardly a failing on his part.

2 hours ago, MisutheWitch said:

If you've seen the movie, Bo-mi is definitely being the Jacabo to GH's Edmond. She doesn't Miss M to stop, but I get the feeling Bo-mi is trying to protect and be there for her friend, even if that means protecting Miss M from giving into the dark side of her revenge. Jacabo in the movie says the same thing to the Count, who crumbles when he realizes just how wild everything is.

An excellent scene ...

https://youtu.be/NuqvmJnexwk

2 hours ago, MisutheWitch said:

I hope I'm not a nuisance on this board. It's nice to meet you all!

Cf Welcom GIF by Calvary Fellowship Church

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

The tigress of the financial world (granny) needs to wake up soon and join the tigress of Hong Kong in her revenge of Geum Eun Hwa. Now that they both have an enemy in common it would be fun to watch them in more scenes together.

Appreciated how the writer went about cleaning up the aftermath of Bo Mi's romper room style revenge. Having Wook Do admit that he was the one who sent out the letter was a good twist.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
10 hours ago, maribella said:

Absolutely agree with you especially the 2-5 parts. He had been the dutiful husband and doting father for 5 years. 

When HR pretended to have a miscarriage, he said that he knew she was not pregnant because she was on contraceptives without discussing it with him. Why would he add 'discussing it with him'?  I am sure it was because he wanted the option to have children to be their decision. That does not sound like a man who was in a horrible marriage or never cared for HR. If EJ had died and not returned, he would have continued with his comfortable life. He deserves EJ's wrath, whatever she could muster  when she's not wavering.

The writer is trying to paint him as a someone who loves once,  so he should not have been so happy. Even with Hoon, he should have moments wondering what his and EJs kid would look like. Disco Oppa is more of the true type than him. Except why make him childish, a thirty something Mensa man? 

His only joy in the marriage is Hoon so why wouldn't he want more children. Sex is not love. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 1

So, what is this that is happening. First, we have someone send both Giraffe and Serin notes telling them that they Know What They Did Last Summer. Oops I meant 5 years back and most of us are thinking that it must probably be Bomi. Then some watch the next episode RAW and tell us that it wasn’t her. Now I am preparing my list of likely suspects but before I can list them the episode gets subbed and we do indeed find that it was Bomi all along. LoL I guess I should still be thankful that my time was saved.

Look after watching her pull that stunt, I have to agree that she was an idiot for even attempting to do that. Yes, I have some of my issues of her recent behaviour. Though @LeftCoastOppa has a great way to counter some of them but they also aptly put it why this action of hers was idiotic as well. I too shall repeat it just to reinforce the notion. First of all, this girl is fully aware what they have supposedly done to their so-called best friend aka Eun Joo. Just because she was coming in their way in someway or the other, they attempted to kill her and her unborn child and for all appearances they have succeeded. Now if they could get rid of their best friend what would they do to her when she wasn’t even as close to them as Eun Joo. Quoting her she claimed that the only reason she was even friends with them was because of Eun Joo and they were forced to accept her as well. In that case they wouldn’t hesitate to take her out for finding out too much. Not only this but she foolishly agrees to confront them face to face even after knowing all this. Heck even the meeting place doesn’t give her bad vibes until it is literally too late. I mean it was screaming of AMBUSH to me. She just got lucky that Miss Monte Cristo charged in to the rescue but at the cost of exposing herself to an extent.

While I have more to say about how idiotic Bomi was will get to that in a bit.

Spoiler

@LeftCoastOppa Good counters that you brought up to my points and while you certainly make sense I just wanted to clarify a few of them as well just so that we are on the same page.

When I pointed out that Miss Monte Cristo could have moved on and wanted to be with someone else you brought up the fact that she was using Disco Oppa for the sake of her revenge and will probably do so again if the need arises. Thus, Bomi called it out correctly that she doesn’t care for him at all. None of those points are in debate and I totally agree with you that she still hasn’t developed feelings for Disco Oppa though she is slightly warming up to him but that is still debatable. What I meant by her moving on with her life was a bit more in general. Now it doesn’t necessarily have to be with Disco Oppa himself but like other viewers have pointed out there was Mr. Wang the trusty secretary/bodyguard, The young doctor friend or a total stranger. I know the Doctor Friend doesn’t count since they see each other as siblings of sorts. But one gets the idea that I was going for. True her trying to be all of that with Disco Oppa doesn’t work since she is using him and like you said that Bomi can see that but I still feel that it was dumb of her to interfere in the Revenge plan either without consultation or a decent plan in mind.

What she was hoping to intimidate the two and was perhaps expecting them to make a full confession during her confrontation. Unless she had been wire tapped by the police and they were in hiding nearby that plan of hers was bound to fail or she was secretly transmitting her meeting to someplace safe and then even if they got rid of her the footage/recording is recovered later on and handed over as evidence to take down Giraffe and Serin might be more impressive. But blindly going in without a backup plan and then getting surprised that those two could think of sending thugs after her is dumb and hilarious at the same time.

LoL yes you are correct Character Observational Skills in this drama are certainly lacking and the only one that has caught on his poor Eun Gyul and that too perhaps because he isn’t mentally all here. That and Miss Monte Cristo’s mistakes on her own part. I mean these dumb villains tried to expose her by trying to be cruel towards her brother because they know that she has a soft spot for him and her family so they know that she wouldn’t take it all calmly and would cause a scene which would end up exposing her. I mean Giraffe who is an actress must know all the Drama Tropes by now and instead of doing that she would have tried to use her allergic reaction to almonds/peanuts to try and expose her. Heck she even is loaded so she could have tried for a DNA test way to early thus putting a halt to her revenge plans. Unless Miss Monte Cristo and Stepmom had taken this into consideration and bought all the DNA labs to flag said result and instead give the other party the desired results confusing them for a bit. Oh well who watches any of these dramas for logic.

Again, will admit that you have a good way of how Miss Monte Cristo could have gone and attempted to rescue Hoon with a letter of approval from Universal Oppa. Though her then confronting Giraffe about where her kid was might not work all that well. Giraffe isn’t a total idiot and would instantly realize what has happened. After all look what happened the moment, the school admitted to having his son they informed Giraffe of this fact which made her furious at how they slipped up. Next, she was waiting at the airport ready to ambush her husband because she knew that he would take the next instant flight over to their son and try and bring him back. She then further threatened him that if he tried to go and see/bring their son back without her approval and presence she would just need a phone call to whisk him away to some other place. (after all a phone call is faster than even a plane trip to where the kid was). Now if Miss Monte Cristo was the one heading over there you can be sure that this would have indeed been done. One can argue that instead of handing over the list of numbers Miss Monte Cristo could have used her own resources and further tried to track down Hoon. When she had a phone call confirmation of his location get the seal of approval from Universal Oppa and go and get him. But like I pointed out this school would have alerted Giraffe the moment someone discovered her son and his location and she would have taken precautions to hide him again. Perhaps Miss Monte Cristo could have perhaps kept one of her agents watching said place (assuming that she was fast enough) and the moment they got an opportunity rescue the kid even if it looks like a kidnapping.

Finally, thanks for correcting me that Mr. Na was released after or during or after Eun Joo’s funeral so pinning of Eun Joo’s murder on him will clearly not work. Over here I do totally agree with you that Miss Monte Cristo will never give Giraffe an easy way out and this would have been one. I was merely throwing out a suggestion of what the blank signed paper could be used for. Whether or not that would be successful is another matter altogether.

@UnniSarah and @LeftCoastOppa you both make valid scenarios of how Universal Oppa would want to take revenge on Giraffe if he were to discover the fact that she tried to kill/killed Eun Joo and their child and then he would try and either help her take the revenge together or that he doesn’t know that she is still alive and then Miss Monte Cristo would be forced to reveal herself just so that he doesn’t fall of a cliff since that is her specialty. Thus, they can have their happily ever after. Not sure that they will get it but that remains to be seen especially considering that this is a drama and all.

First of all, the part of Hoon already seeing her as a mother figure greatly disturbs me. Look I am not going to deny the fact that the kid needs a motherly figure in his life but does it have to be Miss Monte Cristo who has her own baggage. It is one thing to try and steal a kids love and affection in the cause of revenge (not cool by the way) but what are you going to do once it is over. Sure, it has been pointed out that she is also showing some genuine feelings towards the kid but the question becomes is it fair for her to raise the kid as her own. The reason I ask this is simply because it isn’t a simple matter of either raising a random kid or even the kid of your first love because you care about him but also the kid of the same woman that tried to kill you, killed your child and took your place. It is going to be extremely hard to do so and not think about his mother and what you lost when you look at the child that you are raising. Sure, she could go the route of what Giraffe’s mother did and get rid of all traces of Giraffe after she becomes his mother but again is that fair on anybody. You are basically trying to raise another Disco Oppa and I am not so sure that is good or even healthy for anyone involved especially Miss Monte Cristo who deserves her own happiness by the end. In short, I feel that currently she is a bad match for Universal Oppa given the current circumstances. Now I certainly don’t want anything to happen to Hoon just so that she can be with Universal Oppa and unless we are going for perhaps Season 2 of this show where the kids have all grown up and have their own story to have this huge misunderstanding cleared up. This is a Korean Drama after all not an Indian Soap Opera where we get stories on generations of families or something from what I hear.

It has been pointed out that Disco Oppa is a man of integrity so the moment he understands what is going on he will gladly step down and allow Miss Monte Cristo and Universal Oppa to be together. I don’t fully agree with this assessment no offense to the poster. True as a normal person he might do that but another way of assessing his character is that of a Protector. Whether he may have realized this or not same with Miss Monte Cristo another way to observe him is in said role. He has been connected to Miss Monte Cristo just as much as Universal Oppa but he does try and look out for her whenever he can. When they bumped into each other five years ago he could have easily walked/drove away yet he didn’t he stepped out and tried to help her. Then later on when they did get to know each other look at every time that he has tried to cover for her when he knows that she could have gotten into trouble otherwise.

His grandmother tries to set them up on a date but she can’t make it because she decides at the last moment to go camping with Hoon (because Giraffe chose not to make it and he asked her to come). So that his grandmother isn’t disappointed with her and for standing him up he pretends that he has one with her.

He lets Serin take advantage of him because she threatens that she will reveal this fact or that she has evidence that Miss Monte Cristo is spending time with Universal Oppa in secret (regardless if they are with Hoon or not). Just so that she isn’t labeled as a housebreaker he meets up with Serin at times even getting snared in some of her traps or outwitting her.

Again, he knows that she is seeing both Universal Oppa and Hoon yet he decides to remain silent and keep this fact from Giraffe because he knows that she is going to go ballistic and take it out on Miss Monte Cristo and even harm her. He doesn’t want anything bad to happen to her.

He is ready to be led to his slaughter and marry Serin because she has blackmail material on them but he can’t expose it at the same time since it will hurt Miss Monte Cristo as well. Infact Miss Monte Cristo wants to call of the marriage/relationship but he doesn’t let his family know since they might take their ire out on her. So, he tries to stall for time by saying that he doesn’t want to get married quickly but wants to try dating and to get to know her better. Once that option is out, he again tries to protect her by telling his family that he was the one that got tired of her and thus broke up with her/cheated on her.

As one can see he has been trying to protect her subconsciously. Perhaps because it is due to him liking her or something else. So, if he feels that the only way to protect her is by marrying her, he will do so after all he may be fully aware that Giraffe is a psycho who will certainly try and hurt her if she ends up with Universal Oppa and even takes Hoon as well. Not only that but Universal Oppa sadly doesn’t have the power to currently protect her. For instance, if something were to happen to her just how much of a big deal is going to happen. They would need new Stepmom to step up and try and save the day. But on the other hand, if she becomes part of his family Giraffe and company are going to have a slightly harder time in trying to get rid of her. If anything were to happen even her going missing you can be sure that Disco Oppa is going to make such a major hue and cry that not only they would have to pay attention but others would also get involved ie cops, media etc… The dad may not like all this unwanted attention coming towards him and his family due to his political ambitions. Universal Oppa would probably be moping about hoping that nothing happens to her and perhaps try and take his own life if it did. Though since he has become a father that option might not even be available to him anymore. But let’s wait and see what happens.

@maribellaNever watched any of those two dramas that you mentioned. Are they any good?

@perfectmouse While I still haven’t watched the latest episode and will do so hopefully after this post is done. I worry about the grandmother and her health for another reason altogether. But honestly you don’t tell the grandmother such a major secret and expect there to be no consequences. This means that Giraffes Mother has got to be kicked out that very instant no excuses whatsoever or even allow her to take anything with her when she leaves. But that would probably would a major dampener on the story. On the other hand, have you noticed the fact that Grandmother takes medication of some sort of the other? At this point I won’t be surprised at all if somebody hasn’t already switched her medication with something harmful which will kick in at this point. probably the shock? The stepmother probably has some medical background since she was nursing Disco Oppa’s mother and also successfully poisoned her that nobody suspected foul play. So, I am sure it wouldn’t have been hard for her to switch medications over here even if she got the maid to help her out. Hopefully grandmother won’t die since it will be a devastating blow to Disco Oppa and he needs somebody to be on his side by the time this show is done and he also discovers that Miss Monte Cristo has been using him.

@Lmangla and @LeftCoastOppa I feel that both of you have valid points in regards to Eun Joo being dead or alive depending on the way one sees it. Yes, the Old and original Eun Joo is dead. She herself pointed this out to her new stepmother if she could ever return to her former life once this revenge was done and over with and if she could ever become young and naïve like last time. Frankly I am not even sure why she would want to return to a time where people not only took advantage of you and your family but walked all over you guys and even allowed you to get betrayed by people that you thought were closest to you. But hey who am I to judge. New Eun Joo aka Miss Monte Cristo is someone that is more focused and knows what she wants. If someone wrongs either you or your family you are sure to pay them back with interest. Even her mother pointed out that she could but she would be different. Now as to the part where Bomi claims that Eun Joo is still alive and infront of her is also true. Eun Joo’s death is only metaphorical since she is still physically alive. She has just changed on an emotional level.

Heck since I am busy using examples from tv shows might as well use an example from another one to illustrate my point. I believe it was in the 90’s when we had a show called Xena Warrior Princess where a similar example can be used. Now my memory is hazy so I don’t recall the exact episode and may even be mixing up episodes so bear with me. I think this is the when Gabrielle accidentally kills a person and she wonders if she could ever return to being the innocent person she was before the incident happened. Xena simply gives her an example of how someone can throw a pebble in a stream where ripples are then formed but after sometime those ripples clear and it seems like everything is back as it was but the truth is that the pebble that has been thrown has sunk down in the stream and it is now a part of it at the same time. Thus, even if it looks like everything is back to normal there are still changes even if you can’t see or feel them.

This is the same case over here. Eun Joo is still herself and that is probably what her brother can see and sense and to an extent Bomi as well. But at the same time Eun Joo isn’t the same person that she was back then aka Miss Monte Cristo. What Eun Joo will now need to do to return to her former life is to find the balance between her two lives. Only then she can find the peace that she needs. I am probably reading too much into nothing though.

Also, as someone else pointed out Bomi is correct in demanding that her friend return after her revenge is said and done. Because as of now her post revenge plan is still unclear. She wants revenge and justice for what was done to her and her child good, she wants to get her family wealth back that was taken from them by Papa Ju good, she wants to honor her fathers wish by handing over the complex to the workers to them good. But what will she do after all is said and done? Stay in the shadows as Miss Monte Cristo and take care of her family. Reveal who she is and live happily with them and new stepmother? 0pen up a foundation where victims of injustice can come to her for help. See her after plan is vague and we know that she hasn’t totally thought about it since stepmother has to ask her if she wants to return once her revenge is done and she has to wonder if she can even resume the life from where she last left. Ah no you can’t but that is the entire point now isn’t it.

Problem here is that Bomi doesn’t just want her friend back she wants her SiL back as well. That is the question that we are mostly arguing about and probably will continue to do so even after the show ends. Unless something major happens.

@MisutheWitch welcome to the club and the family. Hope you enjoy the show and stick around for a long time to come.

@LeftCoastOppa First of all I don’t think that Bomi ever watched her brother traumatized over losing his first love. Atleast from my perspective which I will freely admit can be wrong. From what I could tell she felt that he betrayed Eun Joo like all the other people around him aka Giraffe and Serin and not only moved on with his life but did one worse by marrying Giraffe the so-called best friend so soon after Eun Joo’s death and getting her pregnant along the way. Thus, she clearly wasn’t on speaking terms with him or any of the so-called friends. Yes, it is a different matter altogether now and she has been made aware of the fact that he hasn’t gotten over her now but not for the last 5 years.

Also, I don’t think that it is the same thing to try and compare Bomi’s dumb plan and Miss Monte Cristo’s plan after all that she has said and done. Yes, on one hand you are correct that Miss Monte Cristo is kind of dumb by doing scenes that only the three of them would know about which scream look at me I know what you guys did to me. But again, I sort of feel that is partially deliberate. She wants them to know who is taking revenge on them. After all what is the point of having revenge when the other party has simply no idea of why all these bad things are happening to them. Half the satisfaction of revenge then simply goes down the drain. Other than that, another reason why it is not fair to compare Bomi’s and her actions is the simple fact that Bomi has no way to get out of their traps on her own or even seek out proper justice. On the other hand, Miss Monte Cristo has her stepmother to backup her actions and support her. Clearly see the results of when she was kidnapped Stepmother barged into the office the next day demanding justice and for them to start an investigation into the matter and of how it happened. If something happened to Bomi who would do that for her (not counting Miss Monte Cristo for now). Her brother I don’t think so after all he wouldn’t even know where to start and even if he did, he could easily be sidetracked. Remember when he tried to look into the almond incident Giraffe cleverly diverted the attention of her and made it seem like an innocent mistake by the end of the day and he still believes that to this day. Clearly, he needs to be properly informed but that is for later.

I do agree with @Lmangla that it isn’t Bomi’s place to try and play being a shipper between her brother and Miss Monte Cristo. That is an issue that the two of them need to resolve on their own.

While I will clearly admit that some of us are being overly harsh towards Universal Oppa and perhaps not wanting him to end up with Miss Monte Cristo by the end for various reasons I do feel that somethings should be made clear.

Firstly, he has never loved his wife and that he only married her for their son. I believe he mentioned this a few times already. Such as thinking that since both he and his wife cared a great deal for Eun Joo they would have that in common and they could keep her alive in their memory. Unfortunately for him his wife chose to get rid of all of her memories regarding her. So, he didn’t have that.

Secondly until recently he has been totally oblivious of his wife’s true nature and how she has been treating both people as well as their own child. Only thanks to Miss Monte Cristo showing up and exposing her nature is he starting to get an idea of just what he ended up marrying but it is already too late since she won’t let him go easily. Had Miss Monte Cristo not shown up at this point one can be sure that he would have still been oblivious to all this because her mother would continue to cover for her daughter and their child would either further be traumatized or have turned into a mini monster like his mother and grandmother. So, it certainly is a good thing that he wants to divorce her and take his kid with him. Only now he is learning that it isn’t going to be as easy as he thought that it would be.

Atleast now that I have completed answering some points, I feel like I should go into my original post. LoL.

For starters just how idiotic can Serin and her Dad actually be. Wait don’t bother answering that question since it is partially rhetorical. I mean they try and use Mr. Na to get their book back and once that is over and done with back to being their cold selves towards him. There is only so much before the guy is going to snap and make them pay. After all obsession is never a good thing and he is part of the Obsessed Club.

Just look at their current members President is clearly Giraffe because she wants a man that never loved her in the first place but atleast she got her guy. Follow that up with the other members. Papa Ju has a thing for his hired help/Ex-Boss Wife and his daughter for Disco Oppa. Meanwhile he is obsessed with Serin. These people are a total match.

Anyway, as I was saying Serin is a blast and I do wonder just how much she is pretending not to be in love with him at this point. After all his plan to be always there for her and do anything must have started to rub of on her at some point either that or her acting skills have improved. I simply wonder this because while she may have seemed to be disgusted at being forced to kiss him and all before going there, she tells her father to be easy on Wook Do Shi. Even her father kind of picked that up. If she was pretending to have liked him, she wouldn’t have added the shi. I suspect that it was a bit unconsciously but I may be wrong. As for her father when he went over to the office to pick up the book from him, he notices the guys working for him and he sort of realizes that he may have just messed with the wrong person and now you are trying to backtrack since you got your book back. LoL just waiting for that to backfire on them.

Oh, speaking of New Stepmothers revenge plan and how her husband was killed. I think that it was sort of brought up in the last episode. Did anyone else get it or am I simply imagining things. Over here Giraffe’s dad is kind of furious at the stunt that his wife pulled (can’t control Serin) and whatnot that he finally made her vice president. She pleads for another chance and he gives it to her. But before that she brings up an event from the past where Nayeon aka (Disco Oppa’s mother not the female lead from Heavens Promise) wanted to work with another company but the matter was being stalled (probably due to her poor health) and then Evil Stepmother (question how to we differentiate between these two stepmothers [Miss Monte Cristo and Disco Oppa] [New and Evil?]) suggested that they make the company go bankrupt and then take it over for cheap. This way their company managed to grow to what it currently is. Could this be the same company that belonged to New Stepmothers husbands. Therefore, her revenge on this family is justified. I am already starting to get a bad feeling about this.

After all new Stepmothers revenge plan against Evil Stepmother is more than clear but she has also pointed out that if the father was aware of his wife’s actions or was involved in her husband losing his company then his son could never inherit the company and not only that but the company would then become her next preying ground. From what we can tell of his conversation with Evil Stepmom is that he was indeed aware since he didn’t do anything to prevent her from doing what she did. I guess this doesn’t bode well for both Miss Monte Cristo and Disco Oppa. So those that aren’t shipping them together might have some good news.

Speaking of them when someone said that the Old Eun Joo is dead because of her different personality I wonder if they would say the same for Disco Oppa if he came out with a similar statement. After all everyone grows at some point and they are never like what they were when younger. After all, when Disco Opp was first introduced he was someone that liked to deliberately cause scandals just so that his Evil Stepmom could take care of the mess, didn’t like to work so would go late or even when he did go was busy playing games during the company time and all. Infact Miss Monte Cristo didn’t think that he deserved to run the company initially but has now changed her mind regarding that. He is now more determined and focused to run the company. Doesn’t play games instead is trying to not only make the company grow is also trying to rectify the problems that Evil Stepmom caused etc… So, he can also say the old Disco Oppa is now dead and no more I am now and forever Hajun. LoL another line ripped off from somewhere I just can’t recall though.

Evil Stepmom still wants to work with Serin how dumb can she actually be. I mean she should know when to cut her losses and move forward. Sure, the dad has blackmail material on her but she can easily point out that she has nothing and isn’t in power anymore so she can’t look out for them anymore. But no, she instead thinks that it is a good idea to bring Serin in for the next important project that she needs to revive herself. This is certainly hilarious when you consider the fact that nearly all of her downfall has to be attributed to the fact that Serin was sloppy and caused most of these issues all on her own. First there was that logo that she tried to plagiarize, then it was sloppy designs that she lost out to Miss Monte Cristo even when she was advised to improve them and finally her current scandal of doing the same from DDM Queen’s designs and all. All of this has publicly embarrassed you and you still haven’t learned your lesson. Oh well it is going to be so much fun watching her burn then. You don’t need enemies when you have a fool working for you and your own brain cells don’t function anymore. Did I miss any of Serin’s issues probably but one gets the idea.

Mr. Na is funny because he is trying to use his brains and certainly isn’t his strong point. Such as trying to justify why Miss Monte Cristo might have tried to kidnap him. Since he did that, they are equal but then why bother with rescuing Bomi and why she was involved in trying to blackmail Serin and Giraffe. Ofcourse this isn’t good. Not because he can’t figure out the real reason but because he failed to give a suitable explanation to Giraffe. She now is suspecting foul play and will want answers. So, the question now becomes how long is he going to last before he breaks. Sure, he has new found courage for the time being but probably lock him up and beat him up will that remain. If he breaks what is Giraffe going to do and will she be the next one to discover Miss Monte Cristo’s real identity. I know that it will be too much to ask at this point to hope that Miss Monte Cristo can pull of her perfect revenge till the end and perhaps when her identity will be exposed it will be too late for the others to do anything about it.

Speaking of Bomi and her plans they got all messed up because she underestimated Giraffe and company and this has clearly affected Miss Monte Cristo’s plans. Previously I would assume that any similarities the two friends were facing they were putting it off as mere coincidences but with the note that they received last they would suddenly see things in a new light and wonder if someone wasn’t deliberately trying to pull their strings. Not only that but now that Miss Monte Cristo has gotten Bomi to temporarily stepdown from the path of revenge she hasn’t contacted Giraffe again which has gotten her equally suspicious. After all, if a person tries to blackmail you then they have an end goal. If you know what that is you can deal with them in some way or the other. But she isn’t getting any message from the blackmailer and she is wondering why. Simply put there can only be a few examples of why the blackmailer would stop. Either they have gotten what they want/need or someone has prevented them from doing so. Since they didn’t comply with the blackmailers wish it can’t be the former so it has to be the second. The only person that could have prevented them would have to be Mr. Na. Yet he claims that nobody showed up to the meeting spot so what could have prevented them from doing so. If it was some kind of personal issue, they would have tried to contact them again which hasn’t happened. So, it is equally possible then that either Mr. Na knows something and isn’t informing them for some reason. Has the blackmailer got something on them or they are working hand in hand at this point? That should be the reasoning that Giraffe should be going through but like someone pointed out the observational skills of some of these characters is terrible so hopefully they won’t figure out the correct one and even if they do Mr. Na’s pride won’t let him be totally honest. See none of them noticed that Mr. Na seems to have been beaten since they last saw him.

Speaking of him getting beaten up I wish they showed us just how much Miss Monte Cristo beat him up because right now it seems like Miss Monte Cristo’s skills are totally upto how the writer wants them to be. Which is in flux. She can hold her own with perhaps Mr. Wang as decent support but then he can threaten her on the stairs and all that she can do is run? Wait what happened to your so called awesome fighting skills. I am sure she picked up more while recovering. Did they change with your allergy dear writer? Again, want to tell them to be consistent but I feel that is asking for too much at this point.

I feel like I want to add more but due to the length of this post will probably end it and go and watch the latest episode which has finally been subbed. So, till next time all of you take care and keep posting. Looking forward to reading all of your thoughts.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 3

super @yamiyugi ! I was feeling too lazy to write and you wrote all I would have wanted to say. 

:approves:

yea, stepmom said something about making a company go bankrupt and that was the basis to jewang's current success. so it could be the company of new mom's husband. but it could also be one of several others. over the years, stepmom seemed to have done this tactic to several companies according to new mom and so there were other victims. also earlier on, stepmom said something how she handled a threat from "miss Kim" -- that was not referenced again later. so it looks like stepmom has a lot of enemies. 

am hoping that they would delve more into secretary wang's story as well and show why he is working with new mom and what is his deal. found it amusing that hairclip omma and silly omma were both fangirling over him and saying he looks like chow yun fat. hahahaha.. were they fans of his movies? ^_^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2
2 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

While I will clearly admit that some of us are being overly harsh towards Universal Oppa and perhaps not wanting him to end

I was quite neutral with the two guys in the beginning. Uni oppa had a big disadvantage since I felt he should accept responsibility  for  Hoon but this is 21st century, why marry the evil woman? There are many illegitimate children in Kdramas. Disco oppa could be an idiot but he was smitten by EJ and I chose him. I am back to neutral because he knew GH/EJ was kidnapped under HR's order but chose to sit on the info, he saw HR strangling EJ but only separated them when he should call the police. Family and his Pa came first.  So I am ok with either one although I prefer Jo In Sung or the abs guy in Man in Veil for her.:glasses:

before going there, she tells her father to be easy on Wook Do Shi. Even her father kind of picked that

SR is a social climber and willing to do anything to be Jewang's DIL so I don't think she will love anyone who is not helping her be a corporate DIL. That's part of her act to fool Mr. Na.    

But before that she brings up an event from the past where Nayeon aka (Disco Oppa’s mother not the female lead from Heavens Promise) wanted to work with another company but the matter was being stalled (probably due to h

I think this is the common denominator for revenge between EJ and New mum, the company sounds like her husband's and the time was also 30 years ago.

Bo Mi? an idiot who has weakened EJ and will continue to be a drag on the revenge. But it could be the writer's strategy, considering there are many more episodes.

@yamiyugi Kdramas are usually patchy but Lee Yu Ri is the revenge queen in my books and her characters had always been strong women. That's a good combination for me.

2 hours ago, fanofr said:

His only joy in the marriage is Hoon so why wouldn't he want more children. Sex is not love. 

I don't know about you, maybe to some people having children does not require a loving happy couple, just some sex, but among the people I know having children in a loveless marriage is like tying a noose around one's neck. At the very least it is unfair on the children. They will feel the lack of warmth and love in their house. Uni oppa had no choice with Hoon. But would he want more with HR if has no feelings for her?

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

watched the latest episode -- woah! chairman is a real RickRoll'D. his wife was sick with cancer and he has an affair with her friend? so stepmom killed her off because she will do anything for hara? hmmmm... why does it make me think that stepmom's devotion to hara means more crime will happen/come out? another murder perhaps? maybe that will lead to her going to jail? 

poll alert! here is a new poll for you to select your choices.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@yamiyugi Great post ... again

Points & Counters -

4 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Oh well who watches any of these dramas for logic.

Truer words never spoken :lol:  That being said, while some suspension of disbelief is a given, in a daily, where the writer certainly has enough time to ensure story lines/plots stay grounded in reality, some things just cannot be overlooked.

After all look what happened the moment, the school admitted to having his son they informed Giraffe of this fact which made her furious at how they slipped up. Next, she was waiting at the airport ready to ambush her husband because she knew that he would take the next instant flight over to their son and try and bring him back. She then further threatened him that if he tried to go and see/bring their son back without her approval and presence she would just need a phone call to whisk him away to some other place. (after all a phone call is faster than even a plane trip to where the kid was). Now if Miss Monte Cristo was the one heading over there you can be sure that this would have indeed been done.

Depends on how you read the phone call with Ha-Ra.  That scene starts with Ha-Ra already on the phone with the school - If they called her first then I'd be in agreement with you, but if she called them to check on Hoon and they mentioned Uni Oppa, then it was blind luck she found out ahead of time - I still say a great face-off opportunity between Miss M and Ha-Ra was missed.

First of all, the part of Hoon already seeing her as a mother figure greatly disturbs me. Look I am not going to deny the fact that the kid needs a motherly figure in his life but does it have to be Miss Monte Cristo who has her own baggage. It is one thing to try and steal a kids love and affection in the cause of revenge (not cool by the way) but what are you going to do once it is over. Sure, it has been pointed out that she is also showing some genuine feelings towards the kid but the question becomes is it fair for her to raise the kid as her own. The reason I ask this is simply because it isn’t a simple matter of either raising a random kid or even the kid of your first love because you care about him but also the kid of the same woman that tried to kill you, killed your child and took your place. It is going to be extremely hard to do so and not think about his mother and what you lost when you look at the child that you are raising.

I feel that currently she is a bad match for Universal Oppa given the current circumstances. Now I certainly don’t want anything to happen to Hoon just so that she can be with Universal Oppa and unless we are going for perhaps Season 2 of this show where the kids have all grown up and have their own story to have this huge misunderstanding cleared up.

When the drama first started, I thought Miss M would approach Hoon in the same manner that Albert was approached in the original Monte Cristo - as a way to insert herself further into their lives.  However, thus far we have seen nothing from Miss M that would indicate she has anything but genuine feelings for the child.  While she has used Ha-Ra's failings as a mother to her advantage, there is clearly no way Miss M could've planned these events. For example, the video of Hoon in the department store was a major set back for Ha-Ra, but it was accomplished after the fact/ not pre-planned - Miss M had no idea what was happening until she received Hoons panicked call, she only obtained the video after she saved the child first. 

The other potential issues you raise ... the kid of the same woman that tried to kill you, killed your child and took your place. ... I don't view these as issues simply viewing Miss M's actions thus far - In my eyes, she truly cares for Hoon, and that caring is not based on a matter of convenience and the idea that after her revenge is complete she'll just simply be able to walk away - If we accept that she may indeed love the child now, it would be more difficult for her to just walk away, than any potential misgivings about raising "the child of an enemy" -

It has been pointed out that Disco Oppa is a man of integrity so the moment he understands what is going on he will gladly step down and allow Miss Monte Cristo and Universal Oppa to be together. I don’t fully agree with this assessment no offense to the poster. True as a normal person he might do that but another way of assessing his character is that of a Protector. Whether he may have realized this or not same with Miss Monte Cristo another way to observe him is in said role. He has been connected to Miss Monte Cristo just as much as Universal Oppa but he does try and look out for her whenever he can.

I don't dispute his role as a Protector - still that doesn't change my thinking on the character - Consider that he has essentially figured everything out between Uni Oppa and Miss M, and just needs the final piece (Miss M's real identity) to tie it all together - He has repeatedly chided both Miss M & Uni Oppa for "pretending" to be first loves, he has accurately deduced these two share feelings. DF Oppa erroneously believes these feelings are misplaced precisely because he thinks they're pretending - When he discovers that Miss M is indeed Eun-Jo, then it becomes clear - they ARE NOT pretending - DF Oppa will realize that Uni Oppa was stolen from Eun-Jo, and he was trapped by Ha-Ra just as DF Oppa himself was almost trapped by Se-Rin - The man will always care for Miss M, but if the writer stays true to his character thus far, as before, I see DF Oppa stepping aside.

On the other hand, have you noticed the fact that Grandmother takes medication of some sort of the other? At this point I won’t be surprised at all if somebody hasn’t already switched her medication with something harmful which will kick in at this point. probably the shock?

My thoughts exactly when the housekeeper told her to drink this first before she dropped the bomb on her

@LeftCoastOppa First of all I don’t think that Bomi ever watched her brother traumatized over losing his first love. Atleast from my perspective which I will freely admit can be wrong. From what I could tell she felt that he betrayed Eun Joo like all the other people around him aka Giraffe and Serin and not only moved on with his life but did one worse by marrying Giraffe the so-called best friend so soon after Eun Joo’s death and getting her pregnant along the way. Thus, she clearly wasn’t on speaking terms with him or any of the so-called friends. Yes, it is a different matter altogether now and she has been made aware of the fact that he hasn’t gotten over her now but not for the last 5 years.

Bo-Mi clearly told Eun-Jo that following her death, both Bo-Mi and her mother were constantly worried about what Uni Oppa might do. She alludes to Hoons birth as the only thing that alleviated that worry - I myself pointed out in the beginning that for Brother & Sister they certainly didn't see alot of each other but that doesn't necessarily mean she was unaware of his suffering

Also, I don’t think that it is the same thing to try and compare Bomi’s dumb plan and Miss Monte Cristo’s plan after all that she has said and done. Yes, on one hand you are correct that Miss Monte Cristo is kind of dumb by doing scenes that only the three of them would know about which scream look at me I know what you guys did to me. But again, I sort of feel that is partially deliberate. She wants them to know who is taking revenge on them. After all what is the point of having revenge when the other party has simply no idea of why all these bad things are happening to them.

My point was not in comparing the sanity of the respective plans, but to critique the selective outrage by many on this board.  Many here slight Bo-Mi for her foolish plan that might've revealed Miss Ms identity, Well Miss M herself has gone along way in that regard by revealing that which only 3 people could possibly know - the blind luck that our villains are not that observant does not mitigate this fact - Bo-Mi's plan was foolish, and I have said as much, but the movie stunt was just as foolish on Miss M's part, by the same measure.

5 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Oh, speaking of New Stepmothers revenge plan and how her husband was killed. I think that it was sort of brought up in the last episode. Did anyone else get it or am I simply imagining things.

[New and Evil?]) suggested that they make the company go bankrupt and then take it over for cheap. This way their company managed to grow to what it currently is. Could this be the same company that belonged to New Stepmothers husbands. Therefore, her revenge on this family is justified.

I saw this the same way - this is where I think the friction between New Mom and Miss M will arise - Miss M believes she is trying to install DF Oppa at the helm of Jewang Group - New Mom wants the company destroyed.

Mr. Na is funny because he is trying to use his brains and certainly isn’t his strong point.

Evil Stepmom still wants to work with Serin how dumb can she actually be.

As I've said before, the lack of intelligent/credible villains is a failing of this drama

As for Mr Na using his brain - I did think for a brief moment he was going to talk himself into realizing the phones were bugged, when he was pondering how Miss M got there to save Bo-Mi ... Alas, no

Mr. Na’s pride won’t let him be totally honest. See none of them noticed that Mr. Na seems to have been beaten since they last saw him.

I just couldn't get that scene between Ha-Ra & Mr Na out of my head ... they were in each others faces ... and she was looking DOWN at him ... :huh:

Damn that B@#$H is tall!

Giraffe is right :lol:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Sorry in a bit of a rush as well as dead tired so won't be giving a full length post. All of you can give a huge sigh of relief already.

@Lmangla LoL it happens with me a lot. I want to add in a point but one of you beats me to it mostly. So I am glad that I could help for a change.

On another matter thanks for the Poll just wondering if you could add a few more questions to it as well. Not that I should tell you how to do your job mind you.

I was wondering if you could add who will kill next Giraffe or Evil Mom and then add in the same options that you already did. Because watching the preview of the last episode we have Giraffe overhear the conversation between her mother and the maid sort of blackmailing her.

At this point in it she was like I will help you keep the secret for the rest of your life. How is Giraffe going to manage to do that unless she adds another body count to her list. But since none of these characters like to get their hands dirty unless totally necessary she is going to do it via proxy aka Mr. Na. Another hint when she was thinking what to do about him in the last episode after he dared to talk back at her. Meaning she was considering to off him as well but then decided not to at the last moment as he could come in useful. aka the killing of the maid.

@LeftCoastOppa Great points but like I said in a bit of a rush so just wanted to say that when you mentioned that Bomi was totally aware of how distraught he was after Eun Joo's death and if it wasn't for Hoon he would have been in a worse place I realized that we were again slightly discussing different time perspectives. Yes we are all aware that prior to his marriage to Giraffe he was in a bad place mourning over Eun Joo that isn't up for discussion when I mentioned that Bomi wasn't aware until recently that he still hasn't gotten over Eun Joo. What I meant was after that when he married Giraffe when she was pregnant with Hoon. Bomi clearly saw that as a betrayal of Eun Joo that so soon after her death he decided to move on with his life and may have forgotten Eun Joo as well. Granted she now sees things a bit differently but probably not back then. It is also like you said why they may not have been on talking terms back then as you can clearly see now they are on much better terms. All that I can say to that is Cause and Effect.

Hopefully will get back to replying to the rest of you and till then wait for the latest episode to get subbed. So till next time all of you take care.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I still think that GH going to marry Disco oppa. Because she promise to make him successor. Now grandma is in danger. Also possibly Disco oppa. So to accomplish both she will marry Disco oppa( hopefully love him). 
I don’t think GH/EJ can ever be with SH. Because of Hoon. At the end of the day she is HR’s son. No matter how she feels about him. HR will never let go. 

Bomi is working a nerve. It’s like she wants her cake and eat it too. She wants EJ back in the flesh and memory. She has to face the reality that you can’t go back. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

That promo, though...

Love how Top Knot Mom has the audacity to throw water in Miss M's face despite HR proving time and time again that she will say and do anything to get her way.

Come on, old lady, use your brain for a minute! Bo-mi's been trying to tell you what a viper your DIL is, why aren't you listening?!

:isannoyed:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1
21 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

First of all, the part of Hoon already seeing her as a mother figure greatly disturbs me. Look I am not going to deny the fact that the kid needs a motherly figure in his life but does it have to be Miss Monte Cristo who has her own baggage. It is one thing to try and steal a kids love and affection in the cause of revenge (not cool by the way) but what are you going to do once it is over. Sure, it has been pointed out that she is also showing some genuine feelings towards the kid but the question becomes is it fair for her to raise the kid as her own. The reason I ask this is simply because it isn’t a simple matter of either raising a random kid or even the kid of your first love because you care about him but also the kid of the same woman that tried to kill you, killed your child and took your place.

You have made some good points. Sadly I truly believe Hoon won’t survive this drama???. I rather think of Hoon is finally getting some motherly affection before his untimely demise.  I don’t think children ever live in revenge drama. Someone has to pay the price for the death of Byul. I believe it will be Hoon and HaRa will be responsible for it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 1
7 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

aware until recently that he still hasn't gotten over Eun Joo. What I meant was after that when he married Giraffe when she was pregnant with Hoon. Bomi clearly saw that as a betrayal of Eun Joo that so soon after her death he decided to move on with his life and may have forgotten Eun Joo as well. Granted she now sees things a bit differently but prob

I am quite sure SH forgot EJ during those years. There was nothing to show that he was unhappy or even uncontented at the beginning when EJ saw him with a pregnant HR. Are we to think he was pretending that HR was EJ? Then he had Hoon. HR was always the docile loving wife in front of him.
BM was right all along.

When EJ returned as Miss M ( a poor imitation at times) and he saw her, plus all the bad videos, then he became unhappy and confused before claiming that he had never loved HR, I can believe that. But was he unhappy and  everything reminded him of EJ? Did he ever look at Hoon and think if EJ was pregnant? If their child would look like him or EJ? No he forgot her and had fitted into the SIL of Jewang group, quite well. Naive and impulsive as BM is, she sees clearly what her brother was in those years.

All she has to do is stay out of the revenge and focus on Mr. Wang. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2
10 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

I was wondering if you could add who will kill next Giraffe or Evil Mom and then add in the same options that you already did. Because watching the preview of the last episode we have Giraffe overhear the conversation between her mother and the maid sort of blackmailing he

ooh good idea; we can use that as Q for the next poll after this one closes. who is likely to add to their murder count! 

so it got confirmed that the original company that stepmom destroyed belonged to new mom's husband. also that hajun's mom and grandmother tried to save the company. new mom made an interesting comment -- she suspects stepmom had something to do with the death of hajun's mom and that it wasn't just a mom protecting her baby. so she thinks that stepmom basically planned the whole thing -- seducing chairman, getting pregnant and then getting rid of hajun's mom. will be interesting to see how it plays out. am glad that they haven't killed off grandmother but as she can't speak because of the stroke, we are going to have some interesting revelations by all sorts of characters who thinks she can't listen either... 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, maribella said:

... I am quite sure SH forgot EJ during those years .... No he forgot her and had fitted into the SIL of Jewang group ...

Yeah ... except for that annoying part where the man has told two people already that he never forgot her ... one being Eun-Jo herself :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

he hasn't forgotten it in 5 years just think of the song he always sang to his son, a memory only of himself and of EJ that HR didn't know. HR instead canceled every possible concession with EJ photos, family, memories, nobody had to talk about EJ especially with unni oppa present. Then he married her even though she didn't love her for her son, I think both families lobbied for that. if you look at the behavior of HR's father in recent scandals, I don't think considering his political ambitions, that he would have accepted that his HR daughter had had a child out of wedlock. Then considering that everyone assumed EJ was dead it was not logical that unni oppa had to expend his energies, for the sake of the child, for the marriage to work.

• Like 6

I think when HR was pregnant SH threw himself into it. Like basically when your grieving instead of wallowing you throw yourself into something new to distract yourself. For SH that was the pregnancy. However, as time goes on he wasn't moving on or forgetting EJ. I don't blame him for trying to make it work, he got trapped in this marriage and was just trying to make the best of it. I don't fault him for that. I think he never loved HR, but could stay married to her as long as he thought she was a good mother. But once the act that she puts on wasn't working on SH anymore, now he wants a divorce to protect Hoon. 

Also, from my memory of the earlier episodes didn't HR-SH have problems before Miss M showed up. I remember an episode where they are fighting upstairs and Disco Oppa is talking to Grandma downstairs asking if they are fighting again. Which makes me think their marriage was not as good as they outwardly showed even in the beginning. I think SH was mad about HR breaking promises to Hoon about going to some museum. I think as Hoon got older and could speak to his father about how his mother treated him, that is when HR had a harder time covering her bad mothering. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토