[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

soothe because he is part of it. difficult to tell with this writer as they want to hammer "love comes around" but he feels the weight of guilt that he playe

He may be a romantic @LeftCoastOppa who thinks first love does not die. I guess it  could work in Kdrama.

But I don't see EJ-HJ will be together. He would need someone when he becomes the father's successor. Grandma will need care.  

I don't think they will kill off ML- FL it's revenge not tragedy. SH and Hoon travel, come back an perhaps HR is dead. I think as long she's alive, Hoon is her bond with SH, no matter how much he denies it.

Hoon is in a sense Byeol's replacement so SH might not care as much -  talking about real feelings. Kdrama feelings, WTH anything can happen.

I am looking for another Do Gi. :cry:

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

New mum has an attack of dementia? The 3 witches are enjoying themselves.

What bugs me about EJ is she is a pushover. Those two dregs walkedin her wedding just chase them out but no, she has so much class.

It is ever so slow. There is no more story to fill in 15 episodes. They should have developed the EJ-New mum relationship a bit.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, maribella said:

New mum has an attack of dementia? The 3 witches are enjoying themselves.

What bugs me about EJ is she is a pushover. Those two dregs walkedin her wedding just chase them out but no, she has so much class.

It is ever so slow. There is no more story to fill in 15 episodes. They should have develop the EJ-New mum relationship a bit.

yes, i think it's dementia, she did not recognize her, it's sad, I wonder how EJ will do if she no longer has the money and prestige and about her revenge? it's bad

• Like 7
  • Blob 3

If I am correct now is the time that SH will push EJ away, between fake mom loosing it and SH walking away I think she will slowly come back to being EJ again.

He will feel the safest place for her is away from him, he will use the premise that he was used for revenge and that she deserves to be loved, which he would mean in some way.  But he would feel responsible for everything,  psycho is after EJ and wont let him alone, psycho is also the mother of hoon which we know in these dramas causes strange rationality with partners.  He also knows that everything happened as a result of him, all of this would of been smoother if the president had told SH the truth, the premise that he wanted to protect him was a joke really, he knew damn well that he would be hurt the moment he did that and also knew while part of it was revenge I think in some small way he did like her as well.

They wont end up together because despite this presidents stupidity, he knows that EJ's heart will always lie with SH.

But now is the time for Ej to suffer abit, I hope SH remains cold to her for a while at least to remind her of what damage she caused him as well.  As his pain has not yet been covered in these episodes all the plotting has.

But yes I really want to know what the conversation was that went down between them was, but will have to wait for the subtitles.....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

yes, i think it's dementia, she did not recognize her, it's sad, I wonder how EJ will do if she no longer has the money and prestige and about her revenge? it's bad

But what is her revenge? Wearing a red dress for her wedding?

I prefer HJ than SH for EJ but again she'd be better with Jo In Sung or Gong Yu or TP guy or ...

I feel sorry for them, the way the writer has deviated from a focused vengeful woman to a moving piece of wood. Hardly any reaction with HJ. When the two harridans turned up, it was BM who got angry.  the wedding was disrupted and we can safely say HJ has no chance. The writer does not intend for EJ to marry HJ.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, maribella said:

The writer does not intend for EJ to marry HJ.

eun joo may be the cursed bride. every wedding of hers whether it is to sun hyuk or ha jun will get stopped anyway. she might as well skip the ceremony and just do a civil marriage. or maybe jet set to hawaii and have a beach wedding with some other hottie of dramaland. maybe mr wang? :D 

daisy duck marriage GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

I still think HJ/EJ will marry at the end. I don’t think SH/EJ can be together it’s too messy. Hoon is the wedge between them. Also EJ father’s death is also a wedge. He hasn’t even been told that. He would feel too guilty over that. 
 The discussion SH and HR had some valid points. Hoon one day will grow up and he will find out he is a son of a murder. Also if SH and EJ were to get back together he will find out his dad married the woman who killed/hurt his mom and one day he will go down the path EJ went and the cycle would repeat itself. 

HJ/EJ understand each other better than her and SH because they share things in common. Sure SH/EJ we’re each other’s first loves. But the game changed when HR and company did what they did. HJ is probably the only who could control her in a way. With SH she crumbles and becomes too weak too easy. That’s how her revenge became very sloppy. 

The way too get around what the Evil greedy gang did is to announce to the world that new mum had dementia and that they were trying to hide it but she got worse. That is why she could not recognize her. Also do what any good K-Drama does and falsified the DNA results. That’s how they fix that and they can still get married. 

SH in the last episode finally realized that EJ and him can’t be together no matter what fairytale scenario he can think of. End of the day it’s comes down to forgiveness for them. They can’t forget but they can forgive each other. I don’t think SH would tell HJ to love EJ if he was going to get with her again. I mean that is just cruel to do. HJ had closed his feeling to her and to reopen them again would unknowingly bring new mum’s revenge full circle like she wanted.

• Like 7
  • Blob 2

EJ and HJ would mean that she's in HR's family. If HR dies, problem is solved but Hoon is still her nephew.

EJ and SH would mean Hoon is always between them. Hoon has to go.

Nope, these are real life considerations which don't matter in kdramadom. 

Be sure that this writer is squeezing the triangle and will continue for many more episodes.

Btw does EJ know that New mum has dementia? 

Those who say that EJ's mum is last to find out her identity are right, excluding Mama Cha, Chairman and Grandma. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

But wth is THE revenge? She's going to be a monster for that?

:surprisedwut:

• Like 9

If we don't get a SH/EJ ending then I would prefer EJ to not end up with HJ. Mostly because it would be cruel to HJ. She doesn't love him, and he would always know that he was her backup choice. Also unless HJ is planning on never seeing his nephew again it would keep EJ in SH orbit, which would be painful for all of them. 

New Mom is losing it. I think it mostly has to do with her dementia, cause I feel like she would be smarter than this. Why wouldn't she think they would use her dead daughter to mess with her. 

Also, Mr Wang why aren't you telling EJ about New Mom's diagnosis. That would probably be helpful. At least they tell her the next episode, and it looks like they found out actual daughter died. 

I like that we got a SH and HJ team up again. I really like their friendship. 

The second HR and Serin showed up with attitude Miss M should have known something is going to go wrong. I know that this is just building the villains up for their downfall at the end. A few more episodes of them winning before it comes crashing down on them. 

I think HR is going to either die or be locked up in a mental institute. I don't think jail is an option for HR. Serin and her bf will both go to jail. I'm not sure what they are setting up for Serin's father, unless they really will have him die in the end. 

I still think we are going to have a SH/EJ ending or at least I hope. However, with SH guilt it will prob have to be EJ that approaches him. 

• Like 8

I’d rather have EJ end up alone. Not every revenge drama needs to have a couple at the end.

8 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

I know that this is just building the villains up for their downfall at the end. A few more episodes of them winning before it comes crashing down on them. 

Yup. We just have to be patient. The good guys had some wins, now the bad guys are getting some wins. They’ll all fall down, one by one.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

@maribella I agree with you! I did also wonder if they're gonna kill off Hoon as both as the ultimate loss for Hara and to break the bond between HR/SH. Kid deaths in dailies have happened before (like in Man in a Veil) so it would be the sad but necessary solution to knock some sense into HR as payment for her actions and put things into perspective. The torture of being a horrible mom to Hoon and weaponizing him would finally hit her hard. A common theme that we see in dramas is that kids paying for the parents so it's possible we may be heading into that direction. It would also bring back the idea of revenge being dangerous and harmful. EJ would definitely mourn Hoon's death too and realize that perhaps revenge was too much.

I've always got the feeling after watching this show that someone has to die, whether it's Hoon, SH, HJ, etc. They always allude to revenge being risky and crossing the line so maybe that's what the writer wants.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

So after doing this for the last 3-4 episodes ...

Come On Reaction GIF

7 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I think I speak for everyone when I ask...

What the hell is going on?

Exactly -

The 4 Horsemen - Our little Bad-Guys club certainly seems alot more coordinated than our good guys - even more impressive when you consider that other than Mr Na & Se-Rin, they all have threatened to kill each other at one point or another

Grandma - Why was she so happy to be at the wedding when just days before she was against DF Oppa marrying for the wrong reasons? :blink:

New Mom's Dementia - Well that was certainly quick. Diagnosed 1 day, and the next day she's losing her mind :rolleyes:

DF Oppa - Looks like the "my woman" speech and the NY transfer were ruses after all - glad to hear it - it was still a fricken stupid thing to do, idiot! (we'll discuss your choice of wedding coordinator a bit later)

Uni Oppa - well it was bound to happen sooner or later, at least you made it through 84 episodes before failing spectacularly - Our Noble Idiot has arrived!  ( but hey at least you made up with DF Oppa )

I'm starting to think they either fired the first writer or they dropped the first script in a blender and this is what came out -

As there are several versions of the MonteCristo story out there to draw from, the Eun-Jo/Uni Oppa love story was never set in stone at the start. In some versions Edmond and Mercedes end up together and in some they don't. That being said, we've spent the last 80+ episodes being inundated with Lone wolf references, Love returns references, clearly yearnings from both Eun-Jo and Uni Oppa leaving NO doubt they are still in love with each other.

Eun-Jo has clearly developed a loving relationship with Hoon, and has spent "family time" with both Hoon and Uni Oppa - Camping, Playing in the park, the amusement park just to name a few.  Her feelings for the child, are clearly genuine, as is the fact that their time spent together as a quasi family was also genuine - while the time spent together proved problematic after the fact ... Ha-Ra finding the camping pic, DF Oppa seeing them at the Park, and Hoons kidnapping - Eun-Jo never entered into them with nefarious intent. 

So after watching Eun-Jo's journey from blaming Uni Oppa, to discovering what happened to him, to discovering he didn't betray her, to her clearly acknowledging that what happened WASN"T his fault but Ha-Ra's - Now suddenly we're back to hissing I'll never go back to you even if I become Eun-Jo.  Enter the Noble Idiot, Uni Oppa - after finding himself again, after finding the fortitude to face down Ha-Ra and divorce her, to find love again in Ga-Heun/Eun-Jo, to quit his job after a betrayal (faux) by DF Oppa - to finally find the truth about Eun-Jo - and then to give up .... ???

wtf GIF

.... never-mind your latest gig as a "wedding coordinator" for the guy just days before you were using for target practice. Oh and going back to work for the same guy, after quitting just days before because of the wedding you're now coordinating .... 

So to sum it all up - While it is possible that Eun-Jo and Uni Oppa may not end the drama together ala Edmond & Mercedes, I'm more inclined to believe this is just another story snafu in a drama filled with them - if this were a 16 week drama, this would be the episode 15 break up before the make up

One things for certain - the EJ/HJ ship is on the bottom already - these two have been the poster boy/girl of self induced misery for the last 10 episodes at least - There is nothing between them but air, zero, zilch, nada, they are not in love, after DF Oppa blackmailed her into the wedding, they're barely friends anymore.  Bo-Mi nailed it today - Eun-Jo was not pretty in that hideous red dress ... and at a wedding no less - Eun-Jo should be thankful New Mom lost her mind - it saved her.

13 hours ago, maribella said:

He may be a romantic @LeftCoastOppa who thinks first love does not die.

Not all first loves ... but this first love, yes.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

57 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

acknowledging that what happened WASN"T his fault but Ha-Ra's - Now suddenly we're back to hissing I'll never go back to you even if I become Eun-Jo.  Enter the Noble Idiot, Uni Oppa - after finding himself ag

I was wondering why and when this happened. 

It seemed as if as soon as Uni oppa found out who she was, they would fall into each others' arms. But no, more angst.

What is EJ's revenge exactly? How does wearing a red dress bring those 3 witches down to their knees?

I think the writer makes HR so bad because her mother taught her to kill while still in the womb. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

he should fill for sexual harassment against rich fire pant to  earn money quickly stealing isn’t working for him  :D

I think Korean police must have the easiest job. In many places, the owner will call the police if a man refuses to leave her premises. 

Even if he stabbed a man almost to death, he's running around free.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1