[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

sadly I don't see disco oppa and eun joo getting married

At least we can agree on something ... :rolleyes:

While I disagree completely with your assessment of the current situation ( but of course you already knew that ) I am holding on to a tiny bit of hope that this is all part of some elaborate scheme by DF Oppa to get revenge on everyone at once - I'm hoping He has no real intention of marrying Eun-Jo, but he has accurately realized Uni Oppa isn't just a weakness in her, He is also a liability to DF Oppa himself as he has come to rely heavily on him.  Ha-Ra has never really cared about the business side of things, but EvilStepMom certainly does, and Uni Oppa would be a prime target to hurt Eun-Jo and DF Oppa simultaneously when the battle spills into the open. 

Hopefully this is the case - if not, the writer in the span of 1 episode, has destroyed the foundation of a character that they just spent 70+ episodes building - DF Oppa was looking to be the hero in all of this, not a vicious RickRoll'D.

WHAT???!!#$% - RickRoll'D  AGAIN?

Come On Ugh GIF by Mayhem

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

I think we got the preview wrong. Uni oppa did not pack because he resigned but he was packing to move to NYC, maybe earlier.

Hoon said goodbye to Beol ajumma in the preview. 

Wow, SR is having steak with Mr.Na and HR, it is really serious.

I just have to mention that ghastly yellow outfit. That skirt on a 50-60 year old celebrity may be acceptable but you are the President. 

New mum's arms also seemed to sprout black taffeta to match the yellow. 

Thank goodness she changed into something more sane in the house. A more regular two piece design suitable for a mature lady. 

Do we need to wait till Friday for Uni oppa to get it...? I am on Team HJ but seeing Uni oppa visiting EJ's little niche makes me waver a bit. :pensive:

• Like 6

What I dont get is he originally proposed the fake marriage because he wanted to stay as president and had sort of blackmail hanging over his head.  Despite the fact there was paperwork to help support that he still was hesitant.  Then he has a go at her for using her ex as part of the revenge and doesnt want him hurt so enforces the fake marriage only to hurt him even more, yet he still doesnt get it.  I was gutted to see him so devistated and yet the others still more concerned about there plotting.  The only justification I was happy with was she got slapped across the face.

She cant stay or return as EJ as she has lost apart of herself with both, despite her thirst for revenge, everyone around her is also using her emotions to push the revenge agenda.  I hope they push her too far and realise what they are doing is wrong and realise she wont back down as the only person who loved her, got pushed away.....

I did miss parts but thats from my memory anyhow, this is the only drama where I despise her revenge and her because she is hurting someone she loved very much as a result.  Worst case is he will either find out or forgive her and they will live happily ever after, I want him to turn his back on her for a while and be angry as her for all this for a while, so she can see the damage she has done to someone she claimed to care about.........

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Bo-Mi talked him out of it ... Bo-Mi talked Uni Oppa out of it ... :huh:  

He had the ring - he had Miss M at the scene ... that fricken close ...

Implied Facepalm When something is just so stupid that a full and proper  facepalm is not even necessary - Implied Facepalm | Meme Generator

Is it too late to jump on the Bo-Mi hate wagon? :rolleyes: 

Looks like I have to curb my previous enthusiasm for DF Oppa too -  I thought he was smart, but WOW you're really that surprised Uni Oppa resigned?  Loved that calmly delivered "F-OFF" Uni Oppa laid on him before he walked out - Nicely done, Uni Oppa, Nicely done. 

Too Dark - Eun-Jo threatened to kill Papa Ju in front of Se-Rin - hope she rethinks that course - Papa Ju is scum, and he has paid for his transgressions, as he is now penniless & homeless, but he had nothing to do with the death of Byeol or Eun-Jo's father.  Killing him to get revenge on Se-Rin makes Eun-Jo just as despicable as they are.  Don't do it.

Now Hwang Ji-Na - Ms Revenge Pusher herself - is worried Eun-Jo might become a revenge Monster? ... :blink:

HAHA | Fortnite

Well the pics of the "real" Ga-Heun looks an awful lot like the crazy woman in ep: 6 so finding her alive might be a bit of a problem ...

From the previews it looks like DF Oppa has found out he's going to be fighting New Mom as well as EvilStepMom  - fighting with the would-be in laws before the wedding - not a good sign.  A full on Company battle, being attacked on two fronts now - Sure would be nice to have a business savvy friend/protector right about now, eh?   Just remember, you did it to yourself, you idiot!  - Luckily, Uni Oppa will probably come back and save you ... not that you deserve it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

@LeftCoastOppa BM is a presumptuous little twit, first she pushes EJ to SH and now she lies to stop him. Really? They are perfectly capable of making or messing up their lovelives themselves.
She does not even have a bf or a love life. 

My Korean was rusty so I got Uni oppa's resignation wrong but I was right about the real GH, she had amnesia. So now we need the vehicle of doom and running to the airport. I expect the vehicle of doom very soon with HR at the wheel and running at the airport near the end.

Disco oppa and Mr. Na are so brainy.

I am sad that they are turning New mum into a baddie, she did take in EJ when she was crippled and New mum knew nothing of her connection with Jewang.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I never liked Bomi from the beginning.

Don’t think Revenge Mom is a villain, she’s much more of an anti-hero. I feel like Miss M will become a darker person as time goes on. I like that.

I still don’t like SH or HJ. I’m glad SH is leaving with Hoon, I feel like they weren’t that important to the story anyway. Evil Stepmom’s outfits are horrible! And President Oh is an idiot. Hara is losing her mind because of Miss M’s psychological war on her. SR will be exposed again.

So they found the real GH, but she’s dead. HR and the bumbling goon will be let down soon.

Also, Miss M is gonna kill SR’s loan shark dad? Good! As I said, darker Miss M. That evil coward deserves it. Don’t worry about turning her into a revenge monster, Revenge Mom. She needs that push. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Bomi did exactly what I was hoping she wouldn't. When she compared EJ to HR I knew she would try to "save" her brother from seeing what his EJ turned into. Annoying. 

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

A full on Company battle, being attacked on two fronts now - Sure would be nice to have a business savvy friend/protector right about now, eh?   Just remember, you did it to yourself, you idiot!  - Luckily, Uni Oppa will probably come back and save you ... not that you deserve it.

I would love if HJ realized he is surrounded by people he can't trust and with their own agendas (EJ and New Mom included). However, the only way I could see Uni Oppa coming back to work for him is if the wedding is off. 

New Mom being worried about EJ is a joke. You did this, and every time she wavered you pushed her harder.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I am sad that they are turning New mum into a baddie, she did take in EJ when she was crippled and New mum knew nothing of her connection with Jewang.

Yes she did do that, but I wonder if she would have gone through the lengths she did if Jewang wasn't the target of EJ revenge. Maybe she would have, but who knows. I hope that HJ doesn't keep it from EJ to protect her from feeling used by New Mom.  

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

Yes she did do that, but I wonder if she would have gone through the lengths she did if Jewang wasn't the target of EJ revenge.

She's one of the grey characters. So is the maid. I think the real GH is still alive and at the end New mum will try to atone for her part in using EJ and HJ by helping them at the last moment. Like the cavalry. She has identified her targets and HJ/EJ couple is just a tool, no malice towards them. I believe she and EJ have formed a strong attachment. We'll just have to see the end, with grey characters it is hard to predict.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, maribella said:

I think the real GH is still alive and at the end New mum will try to atone for her part in using EJ and HJ by helping them at the last moment

I was hoping for the same, but watch the scene with Mr Na and the convenience store owner, as they describe how the real Ga-Heun was acting prior to her disappearance - then watch Ep 6 just prior to the bridal shower - That was Ga-Heun Eun-Jo met in the woods ... she's dead.

Now, you still might get some goodwill out of New Mom by confirming all of this and at least giving her closure of knowing where her daughters final resting place is, and that Eun-Jo actually met her briefly.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

45 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I was hoping for the same, but watch the scene with Mr Na and the convenience store owner, as they describe how the real Ga-Heun was acting prior to her disappearance - then watch Ep 6 just prior to the bridal shower - That was Ga-Heun Eun-Jo met in the woods ... she's dead.

Now, you still might get some goodwill out of New Mom by confirming all of this and at least giving her closure of knowing where her daughters final resting place is, and that Eun-Jo actually met her briefly.

Probably, she's talking more about Hong Kong now. Then we will end with a neat family unit HJ-EJ-Grandma in the mansion, SH-Hoon-Mama Cha- BM running the chicken place, GJ-SJ running another chicken place, Mr.Wang and new mum flying off to HK, then we will have a running at the airport scene. Will it be BM running after Mr.Wang? or EJ running after New mum?

I have not forgotten those criminals, it's 5 years for Papa Ju for grand fraud, Chairman Oh in an asylum - extreme depression and life sentences for the rest. There,  all done.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

There is a common theme to some of these revenge drama's, firstly when you cant think of anything original, have them run off to the airport and stopped at the last minute, or even threaten to leave the country and that spurs everyone in action to stop the situation.

The second issue is what everyone is facing right now, I actually expected EJ to get a slap across the face really.  For someone you claim to love and almost marry to do that to, especially since its part of your revenge plot on the wife is harsh.  

But that leads me to the next area or revenge plots that is revenge turns you bitter, the characters you admire for getting revenge turns ugly as revenge itself is a bitter thing to do.  I mean look at EJ has it all worked out but everyone around her is falling apart or in revenge mode.  Her twit of a fiance, claims to have his best interests at heart and doesnt want EJ hurting him yet does it himself, while the look on his face show the hint of remorse for his friend, is it enough to stop him OMG NO, not likely does he find another way instead of it, NOPE, so no respect for him at all.

After slapping her across the face I half expected her to run back and tell him who she was but then again she wouldnt of done that as it would of hurt him more and also have him involved.  She probably thought him forgetting all about her is the best thing, cant say I blame her at this point on that.

My calculations i they have the next 10 episodes to drag out the plot then the lasts 10 to slowly rap things up.....

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Yes she did do that, but I wonder if she would have gone through the lengths she did if Jewang wasn't the target of EJ revenge. Maybe she would have, but who knows. I hope that HJ doesn't keep it from EJ to protect her from feeling used by New Mom.  

Exactly New Mom knew the connection and used EJ. She fueled EJ’s rage until that is all she breathed and thought of. Smh 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

36 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Exactly New Mom knew the connection and used EJ. She fueled EJ’s rage until that is all she breathed and thought of. Smh 

No she did not know of the connection when she took in EJ at the river bank crippled and amnesaic. She took her in as her daughter GH when EJ did not know her own name.

When EJ narrated what had happened to her, New mum was furious, but I can't remember when she found out about HR and Jewang group. 

Some one may have earlier episodes and check it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, maribella said:

No she did not know of the connection when she took in EJ at the river bank crippled and amnesaic. She took her in as her daughter GH when EJ did not know her own name.

When EJ narrated what had happened to her, New mum was furious, but I can't remember when she found out about HR and Jewang group. 

Some one may have earlier episodes and check it.

New Mom did not know of Ha-Ra and the Jewang connection when she found Eun-Jo at the river - She was, however, talking up revenge in general, silently to herself in the hospital in the very episode she found Eun-jo.  New Mom fanned the flames of revenge (in general) throughout Eun-Jo's rehab up to the stem cell trip. Its worth noting, at this point in time, Eun-Jo is enraged, and simply wants to lash out at Ha-Ra & Se-Rin, this is when New Mom steers her specifically toward a calculated revenge plan - 4 years pass - in the 2nd episode after Eun-Jo's return as Miss M, New Mom arrives in Korea again and they have a discussion about the revenge plan in Miss M's room, in front of the revenge board - New Mom goes over the names of all the targets - Ha-Ra, Se-Rin, Uni Oppa, EvilStepMom, Papa Ju.  This happens before the Red Dress launch party.

Its never established specifically to a time, but somewhere between Eun-Jo's departure for stem cell treatment, and her return 4 years later, New Mom found out about the Jewang connections - and was pushing the revenge in earnest since then.

.... yeah, I re-watched a few episodes this morning :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

HJ is now between a rock and a hard place.  After talking with new Mom and admitting to what he knows about MsM's revenge, and new Mom's revenge, he cannot go along with bringing down all of Jewang Group that is new Mom's goal.  He wants to protect his father, which leads me to believe there might be even more to new Mom's story that hasn't been told since new Mom is threatening to grab the company.

The preview is confusing when new Mom orders someone to stop ex con... is he finding the lost daughter?  It almost sounds like the lost daughter is mentally ill. :(

• Like 5