[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

because he is way too nice and shouldn't have to be stuck in this gooey messy relationship chart forever! so if no eun joo, let him go out into the world, meet someone else outside (probably some far off country like they always do in dramaland) and come back with a new dance partner. 

bomi is as annoying as her brother. she is a terrible revenge sidekick :sweatingbullets:

That's fair - if by "gooey messy relationship chart" you mean they are both unsuitable partners :rolleyes:

As a sidekick goes, sorry to say I think she will purposely or inadvertently be the leak that tips off DF Oppa to Miss M's real identity -We'll see

• Like 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

is as annoying as her brother. she is a terrible revenge sidekick :sweatingbullets:

absolutely.

For one who was so smart to figure out EJ and HG were the same, she grabbed EJ and had loud conversations/arguments in the office, in the corridor and called her EJ.  Even EG was smart enough to stick to HG.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Abs_ triggered said:

- grandma undercover agent 

everyone is starting to groove and dance including the 2 assistants -- the dance club revolution! :D 

find it hilarious whenever grandmother refers to serin as "baby evil witch" -- makes me think of this. ...

Spoiler

5c00c5dc3b8bd0df6b3fc626d2dc1e9f.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, O said:

her HR out on taking contraceptives.  I didn't get the impression that he was angry about that.  But he was angry that she lied that she

He said she did not discuss taking contraceptives with him. So it was a unilateral decision and not with his agreement.   I read it as him wanting another or more children.

It was not a furious statement but his tone showed clearly he objected to it, from my POV.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, maribella said:

He said she did not discuss taking contraceptives with him. So it was a unilateral decision and not with his agreement.   I read it as him wanting another or more children.

It was not a furious statement but his tone showed clearly he objected to it, from my POV.

My view is that this guy does not tiptop around her.  He did not marry her for money or family connections.  He stands up to her when he needs to.  if he was upset about her taking contraceptives, he would have spoken up when he discovered it.  He only spoke up when she falsely accused EJ of causing the miscarriage of her fake baby.  Nor did he talk about wanting more kids with her.  

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

40 minutes ago, maribella said:

@LeftCoastOppa are you still on that theory that New mum is Disco oppa's mother ? 
She and the President seemed to have no connection whatsoever, even assuming massive plastic surgery. 

Nope - as you pointed out, too many interactions with EvilStepmom, Grandma, and the President without a flicker of recognition. That being said, I do believe there is more to New Mom's connection to Jewang than simply that of a destroyed husbands life/business - If it were that simple there would be no reason to keep it a secret from Miss M

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Time for Tin Foil Hat Theories! Part 1(maybe):

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth  
I think HJ/GH will be together at the end. Slim to none chance with SH. SH will let his jealousy ruin his chances. Also Bomi playing interference might break them apart. Girl doesn’t know when to let go.

New mom I can’t put my finger on she is darn confusing. I feel like taking her puzzle piece and slamming in a spot with a hammer and telling it to stay. 
SR will continue to pay for her crimes and had a redemption arc after she turns on HR. She will marry the gangster. HR will burn in the fiery pits of hell.

The End.

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

I hope that the drama pulls more from the novel, but with the amount of romance shown between EJ and SH thus far, I'm not filled with hope on that end. 

I'd love to see HJ play our Haydee, complete with parentage that leads to the downfall of one of our antagonists, but alas.

• Like 6

Ahh I can totally see New Mom being used as a ploy to slow EJ. New Mom should just tell EJ the truth and say she also has some personal revenge to do against Stepmom. They’re still gonna be on the same team and it’s not like EJ will feel betrayed since she saved her life and is helping her do all this stuff in the first place.

One of those rats will certainly use this against the duo I just know it. Really a dumb play and I’m not a fan of it... just a time bomb waiting to explode.

Also, I really hope they don’t turn BM into a villain. I highly doubt they’ll take that route but hopefully she doesn’t get in the way of EJ to achieve her revenge goals. BM is the sweet nice only actual friend that stays loyal thick and through and I doubt she’s gonna go that route but make her less annoying for the love of god lol.

Every episode I love Grandma and HJ more and more they’re just the best. Hope to continue to see more of them and their quick wits and funny moments!

Also, SR and her dad are just miserable idiots who really deserved everything coming to them last week. SR’s dad just like her daughter is talentless and simple minded to believe everything just for money. They’re not the main villains (in contrast to HR and her mom) but they sure will fall as well.

Now that crook as expected is starting to turn against SR and her dad and while I think EJ might use him, she’ll be smart enough to already know he will be unreliable and just use him quickly and throw him back into his miserable gang office or whatever. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Wombat said:

I hope that the drama pulls more from the novel, but with the amount of romance shown between EJ and SH thus far, I'm not filled with hope on that end. 

I'd love to see HJ play our Haydee, complete with parentage that leads to the downfall of one of our antagonists, but alas.

@Wombat Welcome - First post & its here in Miss Monte Cristo.

In the Original Miss Monte Cristo thread we had a great deal of discussion on the Novel, Haydee in particular, and how it relates to the drama. Unfortunately that thread and many others were lost recently.  

One of the problems with the Drama is not all of the roles are clearly defined -  While the core characters are clear, Mondego,Mercedes, and Edmond - the rest are less so.  It seems that Bo-Mi & her Mother are the Morrels, and Pap Ju and Se-Rin are loosely the Danglars after that, the rest be come more and more ambiguous.

As to HJ or as some here call him - DF Oppa - since he is the son of the President and the Presidents first wife, I'm thinking he might be a loose version of Valentine Villefort , and if that is the case then Bo-Mi is clearly Maximillian Morrel  - the only problem there of course is we are 5 episodes past the halfway point and the 2 haven't spoken a word to each other.   As DF Oppa's affections are presently, clearly one-sided with Miss M, and with Bo-Mi now on the edge of spilling everything out into the open, which Uni Oppa will seize on when he realizes Eun-Jo is still alive - I don't see a real relationship developing between HJ & Miss M.  Never-mind the fact that at present she is clearly using him.  In the end, I think this is a creation of the writer and DF Oppa's character wont mirror any of the novel characters in any real fashion -We'll see.

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I can still see EJ ending up with SH, But she will be with HJ for a while.

Hopefully, a very short while :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

Now that crook as expected is starting to turn against SR and her dad and while I think EJ might use him, she’ll be smart enough to already know he will be unreliable and just use him quickly and throw him back into his miserable gang office or whatever. 

Mr Na poses an interesting problem at the moment - He doesn't know Miss M is Eun-Jo, but he does know her baby was poisoned and Ha-Ra & Se-Rin are responsible for her "death" -  As Mr Na is a loose canon now just like Bo-Mi, what if Ha-Ra sets him off, and in retaliation, he goes to Uni Oppa and tells him that his wife is a murderer?  Uni Oppa starts to lose it, after thinking Eun-Jo died in an accident, to now find out she was murdered and by Ha-Ra no less.  At this point Bo-Mi steps in to try and calm her brother down and then tells him Eun-Jo is still alive and taking revenge ... that sounds like fun!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

55 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

thinking Eun-Jo died in an accident, to now find out she was murdered and by Ha-Ra no less.  At this point Bo-Mi steps in to try and calm her brother down and then tells him Eun-Jo is still alive and taking revenge ... that sounds like fun!

@LeftCoastOppa the Cha siblings may break your heart. The responsible Uni oppa may decide to be responsible again and stick to the convicted murderer who is the mother of his beloved son. They just have to make HR penitent and he will wait for her. I know you are crying already. :glasses:

BM will forgive her idiot brother because he is after all her flesh and blood. Of course, Cho Sim does not want a divorce either.

@LeftCoastOppa  it's a possible scenario, no? A responsible man, his sister and mum?   :idk:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, maribella said:

@LeftCoastOppa the Cha siblings may break your heart. The responsible Uni oppa may decide to be responsible again and stick to the convicted murderer who is the mother of his beloved son. They just have to make HR penitent and he will wait for her. I know you are crying already. :glasses:

BM will forgive her idiot brother because he is after all her flesh and blood. Of course, Cho Sim does not want a divorce either.

@LeftCoastOppa  it's a possible scenario, no? A responsible man, his sister and mum?   :idk:

@maribella  - Lets review shall we  ... 

At this point he has had enough of Ha-Ra's brutality, and her increasingly toxic relationship with Hoon, and has asked for a divorce

He now has proof Ha-Ra had her own son kidnapped

He has stated quite clearly he never loved Ha-Ra, and married her only for Hoon

He has moved out, and is living with his Mother and Sister

He has attempted to resign from Jewang Group

While he still doesn't know Miss M is Eun-Jo, she has clearly formed a nurturing motherly bond with Hoon, that he clearly supports

He is clearly falling in love with Miss M if he isn't there already. 

Now looking forward - when he finds out that not only is Eun-Jo alive, she was once carrying his first child, and that child was killed at the direction of Ha-Ra, and that Eun-Jo's attempted murder also came at the hands of Ha-Ra.  Your contention is that if she is some how repentant, that he will for forgive her, and ... wait for her? After she has essentially destroyed his life...

Are You GIF - Are You Serious - Discover & Share GIFs

Uh..no

#notworried

• LOL 6

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

Wait @LeftCoastOppa don't laugh too soon. This is kdrama, anything can happen. Especially dailies which usually have kumbaya endings. How can they break HJ's heart? 

Perhaps you're right, we are dealing with the kdramaverse after all. That being said, Ha-Ra is doomed - I base that confidence in the fact that I know of no adaption of the telling of Monte Cristo, be it novel, play, or movie in which Mondego survives.  So Uni Oppa will not be waiting for her, that much (to me at least) is certain.

As for DF Oppa, I don't see his heart being broken so long as Miss M doesn't try to consummate the fake relationship - How do you think he'll react when he finds out the woman he's had a crush on isn't Miss M but Eun-Jo herself? That he has been used. Do you really believe he'll still want to pursue a relationship with her, knowing full well she still has feelings for Uni Oppa, and knowing she was essentially stolen from him?   The man was almost entrapped, so he can surely sympathize with Uni Oppa's situation with Ha-Ra.  The writers have painted DF Oppa as a man of integrity, when he finds out about Eun-Jo, and what Ha-Ra did, I'm confident he will step aside and not stand in the way of their reconciliation. 

We'll see -

• Like 6

Martin Lawrence 90S GIF
Alicia Silverstone Reaction GIF 

Nope I still see HJ/GH together. 
I think SH/GH had their chance to run off into the sunset when SH wanted to throw everything away and runaway with her and Hoon and play family. Then HR took Hoon and SH went back to wash, rinse and repeat cycle with HR. He had choices. Like GH said this time he was given choices unlike last time and yet he chose poorly again. 
Now Hoon I don’t think they will make GH Hoon’s stepmom when she is now officially his uncle’s girlfriend/soon to be wife if grandma and HJ  have their way.  Then turn around and make her his stepmom. I mean my head hurts thinking about it. 
I think HJ is growing on GH. GH almost cracked a smile a couple of times with HJ. I think she was fake her feelings for him now. Then sooner rather later her fake feelings will turn real. She will choose him. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1