[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Mysterious Love 他在逆光中告白

sugarplum892

I have finished Ep 6

The fast pace continues as Li Teng meets up with the lady assassin/villain in the hotel. Hmmn...looks like she is out to get Li Teng for herself and get rid of RNC. Second leads finally meet each other.  So was that passionate kiss just a dream or did it actually happen?  Still hoping that Li Teng will tell Ruan Nian Chu about the coin and they can work together to get it back from Miss Wasa, but from next ep preview, doubt it will be happening. Can't wait for next subbed episode!

• Like 1

Thoughts on Ep 7:

I was quite surprised that RNC and LT got the original coin back from Wasa already in this episode, since we are only halfway through the drama. Now that LT and his team have the information, where does the drama go from here? It was great to see RNC use her defensive training moves that she learned from LT to fight off that rapist. I'm guessing Wasa must have ordered the attack?  It was so funny when Fei Fei came to the Security company to hire a bodyguard for RNC. LT couldn't wait to be hired, LOL! :D 

Question for the forum- How did Li Teng know that RNC was meeting Wasa? Did he put a tracker on her and somehow I missed it?  

From the preview, there should be some fun scenes in the next episode as RNC takes LT with her on her blind date and Fei Fei tries to have self defense lesson with Jiang Hao.:lol:

• Like 1

Thoughts on Ep. 8:

Lots of funny moments in this episode. I especially liked RNC second blind date who rapped his dialogues! :lol: And his dog was so cute! Poor Fei Fei can't seem to catch a break with Jiang Hao. I wonder when this couple will actually get together? Looking forward to Ep 9 and Sky Li guest role. Li Teng is going to have some competition! 

• Like 1

I have watched Ep. 9 with subs.

So nice to see Sky Li here as Director Chen. He doesn't disappoint! The scene of the bus ride to the border town theater festival so funny! RNC co-workers commentary is the audience, ha!:D  Li Teng petty jealousy is fun to watch, lol!:lol:

So heartbreaking to see how RNC was still grieving and depressed about Lee for all those years. No wonder she felt betrayed when she found out about the coin. The Jiang Hao/ Qiao Yu Fei romance is still stalling/running in place. Hope that we will see some forward movement in that relationship next episode. Have to admit, Xing Xing is getting on my nerves. I understand she's protective of her dad, but most of the time her behaviors just come off like a spoiled brat. I'm confused about her birth mother-does she know she has a daughter but can't handle seeing her or did she forget that she gave birth? 

Anyway, I guess after talking with her Li Teng has decided to just go ahead and date RNC with marriage in mind.  Someone said at another forum that several kiss scenes shown in the trailer were cut out of the drama, including the passionate "chair kiss". Why??? :cry: Hopefully we get at least one more nice kiss scene before the end of this drama. Maybe the last episode.

We are starting the last half of the drama. I hope that we will continue to see a good mix of action and romance. 

• Like 2

Thoughts on Ep 10:

A few things revealed this episode as we get back to the "suspense" part of the drama, and what a cliffhanger ending! 

So, Li Teng and Ruan Nian Chu do their own version of the famous pottery scene from the movie "Ghost" this episode-:lol:

I tell you, that movie has a lot to answer for spawning all those cheesy copycat scenes.  Actually, the version in this drama wasn't too bad, so I commend the director for at least doing a little bit different with camera angles and positioning of the hands.  Finally got some forward momentum for the Jiang Hao and Qiao Fei Fei relationship as Xing Xing finally (I think) gives her acceptance to Fei Fei after QYF was able to get that stuffed rabbit toy from the claw machine. 

Can't wait for Episode 11!

• Like 1

I have watched Ep 11 with subs:

Whew! This episode was action packed! Glad that Li Teng finally confided in Ruan Nian Chu and told her everything about the coin, mission, and his feelings. Now they are working together, but first they must survive and get treatment for Li Teng injury. It was really nice to see RNC be able to fight against the bad guys too and use her self defense training. 

I enjoyed this episode where we got both action and romance as LT declared his love and our OTP shared a sweet kiss. 

Can't wait for the next episode!

• Like 2

This drama is a surprising delight and I’m sad to see how underrated it is. I love this kind of storyline where there’s a separation then a reunion a few years later and I’m always sold when the chemistry is good and it certainly is darn good here. I love how fast paced this drama is too. 

The ML is sooo handsome. My goodness, he is like the definition of swoon worthy! People who haven’t watched are definitely missing out lol

I’m currently waiting to watch the last 4 episodes with subs so might rewatch some of my favourite scenes while I wait. I did cave and watched the last 4 episodes raw though lol 

Also random question but did they cut one of the kisses? There’s one where the ML kisses the FL while she’s wearing a blue dress and swings her around into a chair but I didn’t see it. I’m always one for the kisses especially when the chemistry is so good so the more the merrier for me haha

• Like 3

12 hours ago, J13 said:

Also random question but did they cut one of the kisses? There’s one where the ML kisses the FL while she’s wearing a blue dress and swings her around into a chair but I didn’t see it. I’m always one for the kisses especially when the chemistry is so good so the more the merrier for me haha

Hi @J13

To answer your question, yes, they did cut that kiss scene from the drama.:cry: Whyy?! Too bad, but at least they kept it in the trailer.  I agree with you this drama is surprisingly good. It's too bad that it didn't get picked up by the major streaming services as I'm sure it would have gotten a lot more views. Thanks be to God that PP took on the project so we can all enjoy this little gem.  And yes, ML is very handsome! 

Have watched Ep. 13 with subs:

More sweet OTP moments and Jiang Hao finally confesses to Fei Fei!  I was a bit disappointed in Ruan Nian Chu this episode for totally focusing on the superficial when asked by Li Teng what she loves about him. Of course his handsome face and hot body are part of the package, but surely she is attracted to his personality the most, right? I mean there are a lot of handsome guys out there. It also seemed out of character for RNC. Script fail! Not cool, writers! Looks like the "Big Boss" has arrived, so I think the action should start heating up next episode. 

• Like 3

@Table122000 gosh I hate when they cut kiss scenes in a drama! Do they not realise that’s one of the main reasons we watch!? :lol:

Oh cool PP has uploaded episode 13 so I’ll have to get watching! 

He has a good personality on top of the looks so hopefully it was just a writing error. He is a total package haha 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, J13 said:

@Table122000 gosh I hate when they cut kiss scenes in a drama! Do they not realise that’s one of the main reasons we watch!? :lol:

Oh cool PP has uploaded episode 13 so I’ll have to get watching! 

He has a good personality on top of the looks so hopefully it was just a writing error. He is a total package haha 

Yeah, I hate it too when they cut kiss scenes! For sure that is a big reason I watch the drama,LOL!:lol: After all it's a romantic suspense drama, so do not skimp on the romantic, Drama Producers.

There is a later scene in Ep. 13 where LT says to RNC that he is afraid she will dump him, and for that later scene she says "You are handsome and nice, why would I dump you?" So at least there we see her acknowledge his inner qualities. Too bad the writers couldn't have included something similar in the earlier scene.  That earlier scene really made RNC seem shallow and stupid. 

• Like 2

Thoughts on Ep. 14:

Another person from the past has arrived: Toli, who was just a kid who had a crush on RNC 5 years ago. However, there's something rather mysterious about him. Could he be the new "Big Boss" or perhaps just working for him? Biggest surprise this episode: Jiang Hao is actually married to Sister Li- Xing Xing biological mother!  He told Fei Fei they registered the marriage so that he could have full custody of Xing Xing and take care of her (I guess so she wouldn't be taken into foster care)  But if Sister Li had a nervous breakdown, would she understand what was going on? From the previous scenes she still believes he husband is alive, so why would she agree to marry someone else? Would she even be allowed to get married? I mean, wouldn't the Marriage Bureau make sure both bride and groom were mentally competent before granting the liscense?  I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me. 

Anyway, only 2 episodes left!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:41 AM, Table122000 said:

Thoughts on Ep. 14:

Another person from the past has arrived: Toli, who was just a kid who had a crush on RNC 5 years ago. However, there's something rather mysterious about him. Could he be the new "Big Boss" or perhaps just working for him? Biggest surprise this episode: Jiang Hao is actually married to Sister Li- Xing Xing biological mother!  He told Fei Fei they registered the marriage so that he could have full custody of Xing Xing and take care of her (I guess so she wouldn't be taken into foster care)  But if Sister Li had a nervous breakdown, would she understand what was going on? From the previous scenes she still believes he husband is alive, so why would she agree to marry someone else? Would she even be allowed to get married? I mean, wouldn't the Marriage Bureau make sure both bride and groom were mentally competent before granting the liscense?  I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me. 

Anyway, only 2 episodes left!

I need to watch the subbed episodes but my internet has been super laggy lately. 

I did see the new character arrive and kinda hope he isn’t the big boss.. he just isn’t what I was visioning the big boss to look like. 

That is a surprise! And I agree, I would think you need to be of sound mind to agree to marry. Perhaps she signed off on the marriage certificate prior to completely becoming mentally ill? Anyways this is drama land where anything is possible haha 

Off topic but I love JH. He is just so incredibly sweet. Who wouldn’t fall for him in real life.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 5:09 AM, J13 said:

I need to watch the subbed episodes but my internet has been super laggy lately. 

I did see the new character arrive and kinda hope he isn’t the big boss.. he just isn’t what I was visioning the big boss to look like. 

That is a surprise! And I agree, I would think you need to be of sound mind to agree to marry. Perhaps she signed off on the marriage certificate prior to completely becoming mentally ill? Anyways this is drama land where anything is possible haha 

Off topic but I love JH. He is just so incredibly sweet. Who wouldn’t fall for him in real life.

I really like Jiang Hao character too! He is so sweet! (And handsome, too) I would definitely be falling for him, lol!  The actor who plays Jiang Hao character, Wu Hao Ze, is doing a great job. I first noticed Wu Hao Ze in the 2020 rom com "Girlfriend" where he played the second maile lead and I liked his performance there too. I hope he will get a lead role soon.

• Like 1

Thoughts on Ep. 15-16:

Lots of action scenes and twists and turns. Finally, a happy ending for the OTP!

Final Thoughts on the drama:

What a great drama! Plot was interesting, good mix of action, suspense, and romance. We got 2 cute couples, each with an interesting love story, and some nice kiss scenes! The 16 episode length was great- fast pacing, minimal filler. I hope other Chinese dramas will take note that less really is more! Acting by the whole cast was pretty well done. Overall, a good drama to watch if you are in the mood for romantic suspense drama or looking for a nice binge watch that won't take up too much of your time as the total running time for this drama was approximately 9 hours.  Huge Thank you to PP for taking on this project and allowing me to enjoy this hidden gem. 

EDIT: This drama has now been picked up by several streaming sites, so hopefully will get more views and the recognition it deserves. In addition to Productive P, this drama now available with English subs at WeTV and Kukan Drama Youtube. Also now at Viki.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

KUKAN Drama Youtube Channel posted some Extended Scenes Clips that include footage not shown in the Final Cut of the drama. The extended Ep 12 clip was hot! (all links working USA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liO6KuZ4mI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVrLHFafryc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVbd6Mi9dE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJKiYNoZ-NM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPuof3O0s90

EDIT:  KUKAN added the Deleted Kiss Scene from the trailer-with subtitles. Whew! I think my computer screen melted from the hotness! I do not understand why they left this scene out of the drama. @J13 Here it is! The famous "Chair Kiss"!

EDIT: New Kiss Compilation Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMM9jURBmqI

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Table122000 thank youuu!! I am such a sucker for a good romance drama with good romance scenes!! I watched the extended version of the bed scene and it was smoking! I seriously don’t get why these scenes are cut cos it’s pretty obvious that drama fanatics (like us haha) love this stuff!! Maybe cos of censorship issues or something? I dunno but there are plenty of other scenes they could cut I reckon and not these ones!

I watched all subbed episodes now too and absolutely loved this drama! Agree that it was the perfect length and everything was well paced, no draggy parts. I have actually started re-watching haha might be a while before I’m over Li Teng and Jiang Hao! I hope the main 4 leads all get more roles now.

I am glad this drama is finally starting to get more recognition too. There are subbed episodes on YouTube now too!

• Like 1

@J13 Yes, I don't know why they have to cut the romance scenes either. Hopefully that will change in the future because for sure most viewers really like them. Yes, this drama was one of my favorites for 2021.  I agree with you-hopefully, we will see 4 leads in more dramas.  It is good to see the drama getting the recognition it deserves and being carried by more streaming sites, including Youtube. I plan to rewatch the drama at Viki. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...