Yu Yue as Ruan Nianchu
Wu Hao Ze as Jiang Hao
Ma Xin Mo as Qiao Yufei
Li Qing Tian as Chen Guozhi
Sun Xi Zhi as Wang Zishuai
Xu Qin as Yang Shiqi
Luo Jia Meng as Gao Bo

Synopsis:

Quirky and adorable theater actor Ruan Nianchu meets Li Teng, a cold and arrogant guy who possess both high EQ and IQ. Li Teng saves Ruan Nianchu from a dangerous situation. The two develop feelings for each other, but separated due to different life tracks. Five years later, the two reunite and their feelings for each other rekindled. However the two are faced with a new danger as they work together to unravel the antagonist's schemes.

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 1

This drama is being subbed!

Spoiler

Productive Procrastination has taken on the project. Please go to their site. Episode 1 is now available.

UPDATE :6/22/2021 The drama is now also being subbed at several mainstream streaming sites. Drama is region restricted at these sites, so you will have to go to the sites to see if it is available in your country. (All links working USA)

WeTV: https://wetv.vip/play/ylmmns6hf8o0e1u/n0037jmbjhb

Kukan Drama YouTube Channel Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEXBGg5OB0B-sjJOUiLCkAGXO7uha2lof

Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/37912c-mysterious-love

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have watched Ep. 1

I enjoyed episode 1 and appreciate that the drama is fast paced. The way the flashbacks are incorporated is interesting as it's not the usual and adds to the mystery feeling. I was surprised at the "fake rape" scene-didn't think a Chinese drama would go there as they are usually pretty tame with any sexual content. I think he was actually doing push ups on the bed, right? So no actual touching. Anyway, my guess is ML was some kind of undercover cop and then FL somehow caused the mission to go wrong and his cover was blown so he faked his death to escape the bad guys. Guess I'll see if I am correct or not as the drama progresses.

Loved the end of the episode where he is the blind date. I wonder if he actually set it up? Or was it a surprise for both of them?

Question for the forum: If ML faked his death to escape, why is he using his real name of Lee for his new job at the security company? He told FL he had never met her before, but I think it's obvious he remembers her. Why pretend unless he thinks he is protecting her somehow? But if she is in danger, wouldn't he also be in danger? So then why use his real name? I don't get it. 

So, the coin in the flowerpot is going to be important to the story. Hope they explain how the coin/flashdrive got into the flowerpot and ended up with the FL. 

Anyway, I'm excited to watch the next episode once it gets subbed! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am up to Episode 13.  I really like the drama.  It's not perfect but I forgive it because the ML is so swoony hahahaha.

The pacing in the first part is excellent in delivering the back story interwoven with the present day happenings.  I did get a bit frustrated a bit in the middle few episodes where the annoying trope of the ML "protecting the FL by not telling her anything". But the drama is only 16 episodes so things drag out a lot less than the other 24, 36 or even 40 episode cdramas.

9 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Question for the forum: If ML faked his death to escape, why is he using his real name of Lee for his new job at the security company? He told FL he had never met her before, but I think it's obvious he remembers her. Why pretend unless he thinks he is protecting her somehow? But if she is in danger, wouldn't he also be in danger? So then why use his real name? I don't get it. 

He knows her .  Theoretically he was known as "Lee" to her back then, and his name is "Lee Tung"now and he is a security agent. 

Spoiler

I don't think that he faked his death as much as that he was injured so badly that they thought he was dead.  

He gets near her again to try and get his hands on the coin.  They DO explain how she ends up having the coin later. 

ML's acting is pretty good in this, he plays the cool guy trying to act distant pretty well, I guess it's less challenging than the FL's role.  The FL is ok, but considering that she is an actress who PLAYS an actress in this drama, I do find it difficult to figure out her emotions as she looks mildly annoyed most of the time.  I really like the ML's right hand man as well and hope he gets more dramas as the main lead!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I have watched Ep. 1

Anyway, my guess is ML was some kind of undercover cop and then FL somehow caused the mission to go wrong and his cover was blown so he faked his death to escape the bad guys. Guess I'll see if I am correct or not as the drama progresses.

I am waiting for subs at my end to understand what happened on the boat and the mission ...and what a way to save the FL , ML's push ups are phenomenal  :open_mouth:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I have watched Ep. 1

Anyway, my guess is ML was some kind of undercover cop and then FL somehow caused the mission to go wrong and his cover was blown so he faked his death to escape the bad guys. Guess I'll see if I am correct or not as the drama progresses.

I was surprised at the "fake rape" scene-didn't think a Chinese drama would go there as they are usually pretty tame with any sexual content.

This same scene is taken from the novel.

Spoiler

He's actually military special operation forces on a secret mission.

Technology (on that coin chip) was stolen. His identity was never blown till the end of that particular mission. The bad guys thought she was the mole. In the novel, she didn't accidentally carried the chip/info with her from that place--she never had it to begin with. Later, the bad guys were partly targeting her as part of a smoke screen per the BIG BOSS to divert his attention.

Loved the end of the episode where he is the blind date. I wonder if he actually set it up? Or was it a surprise for both of them?

Spoiler

Yes, he certainly did! In the novel he got FL's mom's friend (who is the matchmaker) to get himself introduced as a potential partner. His Wechat contacts only has 2 females on it: FL and the matchmaker.

I did get a bit frustrated a bit in the middle few episodes where the annoying trope of the ML "protecting the FL by not telling her anything". But the drama is only 16 episodes so things drag out a lot less than the other 24, 36 or even 40 episode cdramas.

The FL is ok, but considering that she is an actress who PLAYS an actress in this drama, I do find it difficult to figure out her emotions as she looks mildly annoyed most of the time

Spoiler

It was also somewhat like this in the novel. She could never really figure out what he was thinking, he seemingly hot then cold towards her. The point of him not wanting to turn her something into like the little girl's mom should they ever get together weighed heavily om him. Novel-wise, she is a simple girl with no particular ambitions, only wanting to gain some official country/state status as a troupe actress (don't know the terminology). Her specialty in the novel was singing. She's also a dunce when it comes to geography--she didn't realize that his apartment was on the opposite side of the city whenever he would come to pick her up from home/work, believing her home was on his way.

What annoyed me about the ML in the novel was:

Spoiler

whenever he forcefully kissed her without her permission (before they really got together), he would push her into the wall.

But couldn't help laughing that he was also trying to keep himself from touching her because for 5 years he would recall the steamy image of her that one night.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

There are some dramas which gives you that feeling to "go for it".   This is that type.  Really enjoyed the 2 episodes already.  Fast paced.  Loved the interactions between the leads as also the second-in guard to the ML and FL's friend.  Saw the ost posted above and it doesnt seem to end well for the second-in guard.  The opening music score and the ending OST is so addictive and beautiful.  The photography is also very good.  I think this is another under-dog drama which is wasted without any good ratings.   

The second episode is subbed already by PP.  Hope to see the rest of the subbed episodes at a fast pace.  This is my first time seeing both the leads.  They are actually good.  

@Table122000 @jadore1

Nice to see you both here.  Yeah, right!!!! The push-ups were phenomenal.  :tounge_wink::tounge_wink: I think there will be more hot kiss scenes too  lol.............

@creidesca thanks for all the spoilers.  Just tell us if its a HEA???? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I have finished up to Ep. 3:

I don’t really understand how Ruan Nian Chu got the coin from 5 years ago that was in the flowerpot? How could she have kept it when she had to swim to shore when the boat blew up? There was no place to put any coins on her person that would not have fallen off during the swim to shore. Or floating to shore since she can't swim. I took a second look at the lifejacket she was wearing and it did not have pockets. Are they saying she saw the coin on the ground at the bad guys camp//hideout, picked it up because she collects coins and put it in her bra before she somehow got taken to the boat? This does not make sense. Hopefully we get a better explanation of how the coin got into FL possession, otherwise-scriptwriter fail. 

So, from the brief scene in ML apartment showing the night goggles and other gear, I'm guessing he must be a special ops agent? Is the security company their cover story for him and his team?

So glad that they didn’t drag out FL confirming ML identity. I liked that she told him she knew it was him right after she found out, and for him to stop the pretense. (Which he refuses to do so far) Here’s hoping that it won’t be too long before they can work together to bring down the bad guys.

Otherwise, I like the interaction between the leads and the secondary couple is cute too.  I'm also enjoying how we get to see a scene from the previous episode from the ML point of view at the beginning of the next episodes. It was too funny how nervous he was at the blind date and then he tries to play it cool once FL arrives! :grin:

@creidesca  Thanks for all your information regarding the original novel and your insights. Much appreciated.  So my guess above is correct that he is a special ops on a mission.  Thanks for explaining more about the significance of the coin. To be honest, it was a little unclear to me about what was on the coin/flashdrive and why the ML had to get the coin back.  

Spoiler

I like the novel's setup for the 2 leads meeting again after the 5 years much more than the drama's set up of having the FL accidentally take the coin from 5 years ago. I think the novel makes more sense.

@WinCee Yes I like this drama's pacing too. So refreshing to have things move quickly along and minimal filler.  I agree with you the way they go back and forth between the present and the past in these first episodes is well done.  I like the actor who plays the ML right hand man too. I first saw him in  rom com Girlfriend (2020) where he played the ML best friend and I really enjoyed his performance in that drama  so it was a nice surprise to see him again here in this drama. 

On 5/2/2021 at 9:39 AM, jadore1 said:

and what a way to save the FL , ML's push ups are phenomenal  :open_mouth:

Definitely! :P  This drama doesn't mess around when it comes to showing off the ML muscles. LOL!

@pad-hari Nice to see you and everyone else here, too.  I like the Closing Credits song too.  Hopefully, there will be happy endings for main and second leads and the trailers/clips are just misleading us. Yes, if the trailer I saw is anything to go by we should see some nice kisses in this drama. Agree with you this drama is under the radar since it wasn't picked up by any of the big streaming services for subbing.  Big thank you to Productive Procrastination for picking it up.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Ok, I was impatient enough to finish all the 13 episodes released RAW coz of my curiosity how the plot will move.  Can understand very very basic mandarin and also like the episode duration is only 30 minutes.

Anyways, PP is doing a great job picking this beautiful drama for subbing.  We as drama fans are really grateful for such subbers.  Hats off?!!!! 

Spoiler

What I did not like is the plot deviated to  LT starting to pursue RNC seriously and the action scenes take place coz there is another female villain lead who tries to jeopardize their relationship and nothing reg. the mission.  It's stalled.  She villian is into him from the time he saved RNC 5 years ago and try to kill  RNC with a help of a baddie.  There is a twist as to who hides the coin in the vase.  Oh!!! I like the second ML, he is such a cutie.  

Don't expect too many kisses.  It's there but not as dominatingly shown in the trailer. 

I think the last 3 eps. are going to be action packed and hope they don't rush everything.

Got some pics from weibo

OhxPtPz.jpg

vDADsNX.jpg

Upk8w6Q.jpg

Spoiler

DjH34pM.jpg

wZXhMD6.jpg

5UdrK4k.jpg

RUxljfI.jpg

J6i5VGX.jpg

eGtI4LW.jpg

Cr:weibo

• Like 3

@pad-hari Re: female baddie

Spoiler

She is sent to pursue LT by the BIG BOSS, who is the son of the man Lee was under while undercover. She is in love with the BIG BOSS. The underling under her is in love with her. In the novel, her underling betrays BIG BOSS in order to get out her out of this killing lifestyle, but she and BIG BOSS end up dying in the explosion. Not sure if BIG BOSS ever really saw her as a woman until the very end when he hit the ignition button.

One major change: in novel LT's right hand guy in drama (the 1 FL friend is in love with) is actually a mole sent by BIG BOSS. In novel he was never LT's right hand guy. Drama does follow novel in having FL friend fall for him.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@creidesca thank you for the note on the female baddie.  You have written about her from the novel POV????? In drama also is she the same?? Coz I thought she is in love with Lee and is jealous of RNC.  So, she is trying to kill her. 

OMO,  thank god they did not follow the same for LT's right hand man in drama. He looks so innocent and such a likeable character.  But I think he is not going to end well. 

• Like 2

Thoughts Ep 4-5

Hmm...who is the female assassin's target-Li Teng or Ruan Nian Chu?  Now that she has the coin, will she leave them alone? What will Li Teng and his team do once they realize that they have the wrong/fake coin? How will they track down the original coin again? 

The drama's explanation of how RNC got the coin still does not make sense to me. Now they are saying that she escaped from the boat, swam to shore, thought LT was dead, and then decided to risk her life again to go back to the bad guys hideout to get a flowerpot? Totally does not make sense.  I hope that we get some more info, otherwise it's  silly.

We have the first kiss already in ep.5. The leads are making up for lost time since they both been waiting 5 years for the moment. :D

Loving that the drama is being subbed quickly. PP has been posting one episode a day. They are on fire! 

• Like 2

OK I have finished all 16 episodes

Really enjoyed the story.  Nicely paced being 16 episodes long, no unnecessary separation and fillers just for the story to be dragged out!

Spoiler

Great twist at the end, a few unexpected turn of events.  Happy Ending!

Would love to see ML in other projects.  He did brooding but smitten Lee very well!

• Like 3