[Drama 2021] So I Married an Anti-Fan, 그래서 나는 안티팬과 결혼했다

agenth

Wow - In the span of 1 episode WJ's boss went from goofy annoying to so gotta die

I hope the lawyer is his father, and has been keeping a distant eye on him - would love if the ending had lawsuits dropped on WJ's boss, and GY's newspaper boss.

The situation is a mess, but I'm glad that the leads are sticking together and trusting in each other.

So ... did the truck-of-doom take out both JJ & IH?  If only 1 survives, the other is going to be a complete mess, thats for sure.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, an-naum said:

I applaud WJ for doing the right thing, to come clear about who he is. 

The usual crazy MIL, in this drama.. we have Mr Bae Yong Suk. He created a fake personality/ background for WJ, now WJ said full stop on this. I really hope the lawyer is really WJ's father no matter of what the back story on this. 

For GY, we havent seen her respond to her employer. Usually for me, our ITD will remote the PC in front of us if any changes needed. Of course, there's a few sensitive documents stored in that PC. So, her employer employs her just for the bad reason. That's y u shouldnt use ur own laptop/PC for work. Use company's laptop please. Even for handphone. Separate, work and personal. 

Last week, the 2nd episode of the week is very fast available online but today.. I've been abusing the refresh button. 

Okay..  I'm anxiously waiting for next week episode. From the preview, we might be missing GY WJ scene together again. 

P/s : Why nobody notice GY WJ kissing on the beach? No camera running? Wow... 

hahahahaha me too keep on waiting for someone to notice the passionate kiss between GY and WJ but nobody looked at them at all......

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Finally, WJ got the confidence to come clean about his identity and told his ridiculous SSE CEO Young-Suk where to get off! Kudos and much respect to him! Also, it was good to see his manager Ji-Hyang as expected supporting & staying by his side consistently. They are both likeable characters in this drama.

I honestly disliked the way CEO Young-Suk treated WJ like a piece of merchandise rather than a person, not to mention his harsh attitude towards GY. I don’t think he is aware that because WJ is so kind-hearted he stayed in his company only because he overheard Young-Suk was in a dire situation with his ill child needing money for hospital bills etc.

Since, I’ve seen the movie with same name as this drama I knew GY file leak scene was coming. I felt so sad for her, but I was happy that she & WJ have developed a trust between them that they would overcome this. I hope the writers have included a scene at least where GY could sue this news agency for breach of personal data & invasion of her privacy. They should not be let off that easily.

IH defeatist demeanor is really annoying now. Why does the writers keep pushing this mental fragility that leads to these suicide scenes with her? It’s getting somewhat monotonous now. Regarding JJ, I’m waiting to see how his character is redeemed, he is just too consumed with jealousy to see clearly. Maybe, after he overcomes this accident we may see his redemption. To be honest I did feel a “tiny bit” of sympathy for him in this episode because it looked like he is alone in the world with no one on his side (his fault though). However, my sympathy was probably due to the “little good deed” he did by giving WJ the clue call card about who his father may be.

On the bright side it was good to see Sung Hoon reappearance again, his role as JJ bro was definitely a good match to bring JJ head out off the clouds and back to reality. I’m wondering if JJ is really related by blood to his father & bro or not?

• Like 4

So, i guess they really follow the novel route to put In Hyung commit suicide in front of JJ while she gave him drugs and Hoo Joon will fix it all ? Gosh, i hope In Hyung won't die. 

and the truck LMAO :partyblob:

• Like 3

@an-naum

The crew were too busy wrapping up to notice. It's a K-Drama not everything make sense (look at the mess on the "Penthouse") 

JJ & Hoo Joon have Daddy issues LoL what's new? Common trope with male lead having absent parent. Sung Hoon is lookin' hot in his suit & glasses although he's a jerk. Probably runs in the family. 

I'm glad the show ended as it gives Hoo Joon & Geun Young a chance to date away from the cameras. 

In Hyung just has bad luck all around. She was stuck as a trainee for the longest & then was held back by JJ. Now even as she strives to hold her own, other producers can't leave her alone as they keep pestering her to bring on Hoo Joon. She'd forever be seen as the one in Hoo Joon's shadow. 

Hopefully Hoo Joon will be able to ride this wave of yet another backlash. It just seem like one after another. There's still the issue of his birth secret.. 

• Like 4

I almost did not watch ep 14 but the insights from this forum encouraged me to watch it.  I thought that there would be some noble idiocy on the part of our OTP so I planned to wait until the last two episodes.  But I'm glad I watched it.  I love how the storyline worked this time.  Our OTP did stay away from each other physically but there were no misunderstanding between them.  Each still trusted the other but just chose to stay away for awhile to defuse the situation.  I miss their togetherness though.  I wish that WJ will let GY comfort him in person.  He's the one who kept telling GY to not do things alone since he's there now.  He should do the same thing.  Still, there are so many things I liked about this episode.  It seems that a lot of things are winding down now especially with JJ who's starting to redeem himself.  Not IH though.  I don't like how she's handling the situation but I kinda understand from where she's coming from.  But she made the choice long ago by staying with JJ.  I almost started liking JJ a bit in this episode.  I started to understand him a bit especially when he chose to share WJs father's whereabouts.  I'm glad that the truth behind WJs exposure was revealed right away and also GYs files leak.  So impatient for the last two episodes.  I wish we can have season 2 where GY becomes a star, too!!

Edited by Leni Rosos
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Leni Rosos said:

I'm glad that the truth behind WJs exposure was revealed right away and also GYs files leak. 

Same here! I absolutely dislike seeing misunderstandings being prolonged throughout numerous episodes in other dramas. So, this was such a relief to see.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Shari said:

Same here! I absolutely dislike seeing misunderstandings being prolonged throughout numerous episodes in other dramas. So, this was such a relief to see.

True, which why I love this drama so much! :fullofhearts: So refreshing to see the OTP having this much trust in each other and going through tough times together.  I hate the noble idiocy path.  I didn't expect the truck of doom to appear though.  :blink:

• Like 1

I loved this episode. 

There was no noble idiocy which was my biggest fear. They just trusted each other and tried to support each other from a distance. I missed them having scenes together, but the distance was important. I just hope there is no last minute breakup, and they stay strong. 

This episode did something I did not think possible but made me feel bad for JJ. I actually liked both of his conversations with GY. Also, the drinking scenes with WJ and that he told him about his father.

However the same can not be said about IH. I still hate her. I don't know what kind of ending she will get, but I doubt anything that leads to stardom for her. It wouldn't make sense.

For the CEO, I think he shot himself in the foot. I thought WJ was his only big star, and don't they know that he is the one to create all of WJ's lies. So I don't see how any of this is good for him. 

From the preview it looks like JJ is seriously injured, but we don't see IH at all. It makes me think that she is more okay, which will annoy me. 

• Like 4

I'm really eager to see last 2 eps.

I hope JJ and the girl won't die, neither of them...hope old trio will end on good terms, leaving painfull past behind.

Somehow i would like if both WJ & IH come to JJ's company

Well...and the most i want our OTP to stay as steady as they were from the beginning and stay happy ever after :)

P.S. Sorry to barge in at the end...hi to everyone here!

• Like 5

On 6/15/2021 at 1:04 PM, youactlikeicare said:

I loved this episode. 

There was no noble idiocy which was my biggest fear. They just trusted each other and tried to support each other from a distance. I missed them having scenes together, but the distance was important. I just hope there is no last minute breakup, and they stay strong. 

This episode did something I did not think possible but made me feel bad for JJ. I actually liked both of his conversations with GY. Also, the drinking scenes with WJ and that he told him about his father.

However the same can not be said about IH. I still hate her. I don't know what kind of ending she will get, but I doubt anything that leads to stardom for her. It wouldn't make sense.

For the CEO, I think he shot himself in the foot. I thought WJ was his only big star, and don't they know that he is the one to create all of WJ's lies. So I don't see how any of this is good for him. 

From the preview it looks like JJ is seriously injured, but we don't see IH at all. It makes me think that she is more okay, which will annoy me. 

My thoughts, too.  For me, IH's character has no hope for redemption.  She chose to be passive and dependent for far too long I don't see any way out for her.  I hope we'll have more of our OTP in the last 2 episodes.

I wonder what's up with WJ's mom.  She never picks up whenever WJ calls.  She never even told him anything about his father.  Imagine not having a clue of who his father is until his adulthood.  I just find it very weird and not normal.

35 minutes ago, Leni Rosos said:

My thoughts, too.  For me, IH's character has no hope for redemption.  She chose to be passive and dependent for far too long I don't see any way out for her.  I hope we'll have more of our OTP in the last 2 episodes.

I wonder what's up with WJ's mom.  She never picks up whenever WJ calls.  She never even told him anything about his father.  Imagine not having a clue of who his father is until his adulthood.  I just find it very weird and not normal.

Yeah I also wonder why the mother never picks up. Or is she still alive? 

Last 2 episodes this week. Let’s hope for a good ending and more screen time between WJ and GY. Had enough of seeing JJ and IH. Haha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, midnitebrownie said:

Yeah I also wonder why the mother never picks up. Or is she still alive? 

Last 2 episodes this week. Let’s hope for a good ending and more screen time between WJ and GY. Had enough of seeing JJ and IH. Haha.

The mother is still alive but she is quite cold imo. Joon always calls her but never call him back. In novel, her mother has a nickname, Ice Queen because she is so quite and yeah, she is kinda cold and tsundere type. 

Spoiler

In Book, Joon will bring Geun Young to Alaska to meet his mother. While her mother was cozying around in her patio, she finally broke down when her son finally appeared in front of her after a long time 

This episode is quite painful to go through. Can’t believe there is zero scene between the leads except the last 2 min. I was waiting for WJ to visit GY when she was sick. He seemed to care more about his irritating friends more than GY. I realise he kept asking GY to wait for him (a couple of times) since ep 14. Was a little upset with how they portray WJ in this episode. Can only hope for a good ending.

• Like 3

Thoughts:

- How does IH basically get away with barely a scratch? Yes, it is her fault. I still don't like her character. 

- I'm glad WJ finally has the answers about his father. So, from those pictures he has a half-sibling somewhere. But I think this is the end of the father storyline. 

- I love GY parents, they are great and supportive of their daughter. 

- I thought the conversation between the supervisor and GY was good. She seemed less mean and gave GY some closure. Also, confirms that WJ did not get her fired. 

- I guess the show people aren't complete trash. They didn't put the kiss on the show, that would have made things worse. I was surprised by that. 

- Even though we did not get a lot of scenes with our main OTP I really liked this episode. There was no dumb last minute break up, they just were separated due to circumstance. I loved that last scene when they were reunited. 

- I wonder if we will see that super fan from earlier. I am surprised she hasn't tried to call either GY or WJ after the news of the lies hit. 

Prediction, WJ leaves to go home to Alaska for a bit of time, we prob will have a dumb break up. And then there is a time jump and he reappears at the wedding. The wedding invite is what brings him back to Korea and back to GY.

A last min break up for like 10 min in the last episode would be really dumb, but that is why I think its going to happen