[Drama 2022] ☆ ★ The Sound of Magic (Annarasumanara), 안나라수마나라 - Ji Chang Wook, Choi Sung Eun, Hwang In Yeop - Stream on Netflix from May 6

agenth

NETFLIX DRAMA 2022

The Sound of Magic  

based on the webtoon: Annarasumanara

djDkW_4f.jpg

Official Trailers:

Previous Posters:

Spoiler

FJbKqWXagAkQnKR?format=jpg&name=medium

FO5hTiVaIAAPVeO?format=jpg&name=900x900

FQCi01ZaUAAZe2V?format=jpg&name=small

FRZa7XzXMAEFLF_?format=jpg&name=large 

• Drama: The Sound of Magic (English title)
  • Revised romanization: Annarasumanara
  • Hangul: 안나라수마나라
  • Director: Kim Sung-Yoon (Itaewon Class, Love in the Moonlight)
  • Writer: Ha Il-Kwon (webcomic), Kim Min-Jung (Love in the Moonlight, School 2015)
  • Network: Netflix
  • Production: JTBC Studio and Zium Content
  • Episodes:
  • Genre: Life, Music, Fantasy
  • Release Date: 6 May 2022

Plot

Yoon Ai (Choi Sung-Eun) is a high school student, but she supports herself and her younger sister by working part-time jobs. She doesn't know where her parents are. Her father was driven away from home because of debt collectors and her mother then left home. Even with her poor financial situation, she is able to rank near the top at her school academically. She also has a pretty appearance. Yoon Ai wants to become an adult as soon as possible to have a stable job. Meanwhile, her classmate is Na Il-Deung (Hwang In-Yeop). He regularly competes with Yoon Ai to receive the top grade, but they begin to have feelings for each other. One day, Yoon Ai meets Magician Lee-Eul (Ji Chang-Wook) at an abandoned amusement park. He puts on magic shows to people who tell him they believe in magic. He is a mysterious person, but he comforts Yoon Ai, who told him that she believes in magic.

SOUNDTRACK

Cast

Ji Chang Wook as L / Lee Eul 

img.gif

A mysterious magician who lives in an abandoned amusement park. He wants to remain as a child even after becoming an adult.

Choi Sung Eun as Yoon Ai 

2feecdd1cdace3d3b8cf68d82b04e0a66c8d40a6

A girl who wants to become an adult too early

Hwang In Yeop as Na Il-Deung 

5e41652cc6b10628a9b77a500c2a510f24b40303

A gifted high school student who does not know how to communicate with other people and is just immersed in his studies

Character Posters

Spoiler

FRZa6ueXwAUeEFQ?format=jpg&name=large

FRY-4JoacAAXqNC?format=jpg&name=medium#

FRY-4HzaQAARWVA?format=jpg&name=medium 

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 5
    • Thanks 1

• agenth changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Sound of Magic (Annarasumanara), 안나라수마나라 - Ji Chang-Wook, Choi Sung-Eun, Hwang In Yeop

Ji Chang Wook, Hwang In Yeop, And Choi Sung Eun Confirmed For New Drama About Magic

Upcoming Netflix Original series “The Sound of Magic” has revealed its cast lineup!

“The Sound of Magic” is described as a sentimental music drama about a girl named Yun Ai who becomes an adult too quickly and the mysterious magician Lee Eul, an adult who wishes to be a child forever. The drama is based on the webtoon “Annarasumanara” by writer Ha Il Kwon which was serialized on Naver Webtoon in 2010 and has also been adapted into a play.

PD (producing director) Kim Sung Yoon of KBS 2TV’s “Love in the Moonlight” and JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” will be helming the drama. The script will be penned by Kim Min Jung, who has previously worked with PD Kim Sung Yoon on “Love in the Moonlight” and “Who Are You.” Together, the director and writer will involve musical elements in the drama in addition to the delicate sensibility and breathtaking magic of the original webtoon. The series will be produced by JTBC Studio and Zium Content.

Ji Chang Wook will take on the role of Lee Eul, a strange magician who lives in an abandoned theme park. Choi Sung Eun will play Yun Ai, who lives a dreadful life until she meets Lee Eul and goes through magical experiences. Her classmate Na Il Deung will be played by Hwang In Yeop. Na Il Deung used to be a student who only focused on his studies and didn’t know how to bond with other people, but he begins to change after he learns about the fun of magic with Lee Eul and Yun Ai.

Meanwhile, Ji Chang Wook wrapped up his previous drama “Lovestruck in the City” earlier this year. Rising actor Hwang In Yeop has amassed a strong following of fans with his roles in “18 Again” and “True Beauty,” and Choi Sung Eun is a newcomer who has captivated viewers with her acting in “Beyond Evil” and the episode “Joan’s Galaxy” from “SF8.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1464299wpp/ji-chang-wook-hwang-in-yeop-and-choi-sung-eun-confirmed-for-new-drama-about-magic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNqmvUsHCtL/

Netflix's The Swoon announced that this is going to be a MUSIC DRAMA. 

Ok I have been waiting for these confirmations since DECEMBER! Today I woke up and here it is. And I am over the moon. I have read the webtoon back in 2020, when the first casting rumours started up.

There have also been rumours they have started filming already in Lotte World and Yonsei University. 

• Like 3

• agenth changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Sound of Magic (Annarasumanara), 안나라수마나라 - Ji Chang-Wook, Choi Sung-Eun, Hwang In-Yeop

The shooting has started, actually there were rumours about it BEFORE the actual Netflix confirmation of the series was published. 

Still waiting on more official material, but for now, I found this truly great fan-made trailer:

• Like 4

Ezwjqr3WEAcPgxO?format=jpg&name=medium

Netflix Korea and The Swoon are promoting Annarasumanara / The Sound of Magic. It seems that filming is going well under way.

There is the possibility to leave questions for the cast or/and missions on Netflix Korea's instagram here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COCGgzWg8HZ/?igshid=fxy50z9aqxzp

or on the Google Form of The Swoon:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScr0TCbPpyMuWzscTV8jNsEuR8cgziQzIrZ4kWR3wvC-5_x1Q/viewform

Questions and missions will be picked, and probably they will drop a Video on The Swoon Youtube channel, as the three actors will perform the missions selected on the filming site of Annarasumanara. 

Deadline: 30 April, 10AM KST

• Like 3

No actors spotted yet, but the filming is underway in this spot, from a scene of the WEBTOON. It is from a flashback scene in which L recounts his story from his youth, so pretty far back in the WEBTOON. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the update. I’ve been reading the webtoon online on MangaOwl, and I think it’s pretty interesting. However, the drama has only 6 episodes? I hope that’s just the number of episodes for season 1. 

• Like 2

On 5/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, Tuvi Girl said:

Thank you for the update. I’ve been reading the webtoon online on MangaOwl, and I think it’s pretty interesting. However, the drama has only 6 episodes? I hope that’s just the number of episodes for season 1. 

It wasn't officially stated as 6 episodes, but that number was thrown about before the project was officially confirmed by Netflix. The webtoon only has 28 episodes, so I don't think that there would be Season 2.

Also, until an official lineup comes, I still hope for 2021 haha.

More filming under way!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Filming is still underway, it seems, however, filming at Yongmaland finished as Yongmaland received signatures from Ji Changwook and Hwang In Yeop, but there are other locations now. Most shoots seem to be at night as JCW has received a lot of coffee support trucks and the photos are from night.

Spoiler

Also I see the start of a bromance:

Hwang In Yeop updated his instagram stories with a photo of Ji Changwook's handwritten message of support.

• Like 3

So more filming tidbits! They used the same school location as Love Alarm lol... well both Netflix shows but I hope that Annarasumanara isn'T going down that hole :D 

also, allegedly filming will end in August (unconfirmed)

gossip through the owner of the parrot.

• Blob 2

• 3 weeks later...

today there was filming again, but at day ~! ji changwook is admiring the beautiful coffee cart ~ the banner even has english subs, and he is ~magicking~ us to disappear in his eyes :D

• Like 1
    • Blob 2

• 1 month later...

after a long time, and a break, following news:

a staffer uploaded these photos and said that the drama would be available in March 2022. Since this is still unconfirmed, I will wait for official news.

However, it's likely as the filming is still ongoing and this must be the 15th coffee truck sent to JCW by his fans 

:fullofhearts:

• Like 1

filming of annarasumanara completed! 

also, in total we have received 21 coffee/food trucks from ji chang wook fans, and I think 2-3 from Hwang In Yeop fans? 

Celebration GIF by Booksmart

Now we just have to wait until Netflix promotes it... hopefully not too long!

• Like 2

• agenth changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] The Sound of Magic (Annarasumanara), 안나라수마나라 - Ji Chang-Wook, Choi Sung-Eun, Hwang In-Yeop
    • 3 weeks later...

Netflix Kcontent 2022 lineup. Annarasumanara doesn't have a date reserved, yet, but there is a preview on Netflix:

the-sound-of-magic-k-drama-netflix.jpeg.

Possibly available in March+, since the dates up to February have been set for other dramas.

• Like 3