In my humble opinion, the mid 80s to the mids 90s is the golden age of Hong Kong cinema. During that time, Hong Kong produced many popular movies and stars, and was crowned "Hollywood of the East". Here are five Hong Kong movies from that era that I have rewatched at least twice, and don't mind watching again.

https://dramabowl.blogspot.com/2021/04/classic-hong-kong-movies-worth.html

:approves:

• 1 month later...

Agreed, I would re-watch God of Gamblers and Fight Back to School any day. I don't remember mr. vampire much tbh besides the vamps jumping around with their arms out front and yellow talismans. :loolz:

Love Stephen Chow's old movies, they make me lol no matter how many times I've seen it - God of Cookery, Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle are my absolute favourites.

We also can't forget HK's golden gang / triad movie phase which contained a lot of re-watchable movies- Infernal Affairs and Young & Dangerous just to name a couple. :yaaa:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have always liked watching high-quality films that take your breath away, we even have such a tradition in our family to get together and watch a movie. In search of another film, I wandered over to the article https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2021/7/qa4hc4lnv2xfmvmbr2knwpbcrlicw7 with the best films about student life that are worth watching and, to be honest, I found many interesting ones that I haven’t seen yet. Because I honestly believe that the college years are some of the most memorable and iconic years of our lives.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 4:44 PM, Drama Bowl said:

In my humble opinion, the mid 80s to the mids 90s is the golden age of Hong Kong cinema. During that time, Hong Kong produced many popular movies and stars, and was crowned "Hollywood of the East". Here are five Hong Kong movies from that era that I have rewatched at least twice, and don't mind watching again.

https://dramabowl.blogspot.com/2021/04/classic-hong-kong-movies-worth.html

:approves:

Yes that was the golden age, before corruption and organized crime really crippled the industry, while mainland grew in importance and money. Maybe we will see a rise eventually, however unlikely since more censorship and creative restrictions is to be expected in the future.

• 3 months later...

Personally i think corruption and exploitation is still rampart in the entertainment industries across the globe. Just look at some of the past news in Hong Kong or South Korea, where famous hk actress took her own left leaving a note that she was sexually assaulted by a director as well as young females being exploited in the entertainment industry. Wasn't there this one manager in a relatively smaller entertainment firm who recommended to a young female aspirant to get married to him as its good 'experience'. 

• 2 years later...