cr as tagged

Details:

Chinese title: 沉香如屑 / Chen Xiang Ru Xie
English title: Immortal Samsara aka Agarwood Like Crumbs

Genre:  Xianxia, romance

Director:  Guo Hu, Ren Hai Tao

Episodes: Part 1 - 40 episodes

Part 2 - 20 episodes

Broadcast Date: Part 1 - July 20, 2022 - ??

Cast:

Yang Zi as Yan Dan
Cheng Yi as Ying Yuan / Tang Zhou
Wang Zi Wei as Shen Xiangjun
Zhang Yan as Old Master Shen
Zhang Ping Juan as Madame Hu

Synopsis:

Yan Dan is the only descendant of an ancient tribe, the four-leaf scorpion. Since ancient times, her whole body is a treasure of medicine. She and her twin sister Zhi Xi were able to cultivate into human form at the Queen Mother's Feast a hundred years in advance, and encountered the biggest trial in her life - the love trial. She fell in love with Lord Ying Yuan but had to spend the next eight hundred years forgetting him. However at this time, Yu Mo suddenly entered her life, and become her great support. Everyday, Yu Mo takes Yan Dan out to do good deeds. One day while they were punishing evil, they meet Lord Ying Yuan's current reincarnation, Tang Zhou, who is currently a demon hunter. They help Tang Zhou search for the four ancient artifacts, and also discover a mysterious secret.

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Agarwood Like Crumbs/ Chen Xiang Ru Xie 沉香如屑
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 12:41 PM, leo2020 said:

Emmm, I've watched the trailer, and at times CGI looks really cheap... 

sometimes a drama can have trash CGI but still be a really good drama...Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms comes to mind :lol:

Personally I am excited for this drama because of Cheng Yi and Yang Zi, they are both amazing actors and they are great in xianxia dramas

• Blob 1

I'm glad Yang Zi has lots of other dramas coming out this year or at least real soon. I want to watch her in the drama where she's a cellist and gets involved with a doctor...I forgot the title. There there's this one. Yay!

I am also currently watching Cheng Yi's Stand By Me (dream of Chang-an).

• Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Immortal Samsara aka Agarwood Like Crumbs (沉香如屑)

I like what I've seen so far but I think the drama may not be very faithful to the novel. In the novel, 

Spoiler

the female lead apparently ends up with Xu Mo. Many fans of the novel are not happy with the seeming focus on Ying Yuan in the drama.

I have not read the novel but I hope the FL ends up with Ying Yuan.

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2021 at 12:48 PM, lilviolet said:

I've recently finished The Promise of Chang An last month and so interested to see how Cheng Yi is in this one.

That 'Chang An' series hmmph.... I wondered why they needed that extra 8 (? can't remember) episodes at the end...:wacko:

Same. And yeah, why indeed. Though perhaps it had to do with the female lead. The show was more about her than him. He did make an appearance in episode 55. A dream or some such while she was in a comatose state. Full of empathy for her, offering comfort and hugs.

On 12/23/2021 at 5:02 PM, impoppies said:

He did make an appearance in episode 55. A dream or some such while she was in a comatose state. Full of empathy for her, offering comfort and hugs.

Oh.okay. Ha, (how did you know) I did skip some parts. haha.  After that certain particular episode - I endured 3 more eps but I really couldn't care anymore about the young's king lovelife, so I skipped the next 3 eps and just watched the last episode. I still deduced what happened in what I missed, and gave me closure that I saw Ming Yu's ending but I wanted a more happy ending.

Anyway, this Agarwood series, I am not sure I like the white hair on Cheng Yi as much. Maybe b/c I like the dark hair much more hehe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...