[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

@the_sweetroad Oh yeah it’s for sure calm before the storm. The fact that they are throwing us all of these lovey dovey and sweet moments at us right now and we still have 5 episodes left?? Yeah definitely means that we are only temporary getting happy moments and proceeding with heartbreaking or sad moments. I never trust dramas that give us happy moments unless it’s the very last episode of the drama.. 

Other things I want to mention that I liked about episode 11:

- After Hye Jin confessed, she tried to walk away but Du Sik stopped her

- Du Sik saying he’s the penguin and Hye Jin is the polar bear :lol: and Hye Jin says “야” or “Hey”

- Du Sik sayings that he didn’t know that he liked Hye Jin that much when Hye Jin asked why he didn’t do anything about Seong Hyun liking her :bashful: (He says “너” here again)

- Hye Jin and Du Sik realizing that they knew each other in the past (and Du Sik saying it’s coincidence because Gongjin is small which is the truth :joy: too)

- Sunbae and Du Sik banter with each other while fixing the chair (Also I want to point out that Seong Hyun said Du Sik is a “청개구리” which means “Green Frog”, and it basically means that the person always do the opposite of you ask them to do. Theres a story of a green frog who would never listen to what his mom says and always do the opposite.. I know this because my mom always calls me that but anyways I thought this is interesting that Seong Hyun says that to Du Sik haha~)

- Du Sik saying “Okay” + breaking the wood when Seong Hyun says that Hye Jin rejected him and she likes someone else

- Du Sik referencing Show Me The Money and saying Hye Jin should go on there when Hye Jin asks what Seong Hyun said to Du Sik :joy: and then Du Sik saying he should be the one going on Show Me The Money (also love the confidence that he has that the village will find out they’re dating no matter how hard they try to hide it HAHA! He already knows they’ll find out)

- The book that Hye Jin was about to take out, called “What Is Love”, pretty sure that’s the book that has the photo of that family in it. The unknown photo! :o so Hye Jin was super close to seeing it. Just something I observed while rewatching the episode

- Gamri saying that she is truly happy for Du Sik

- The village separating Du Sik and Hye Jin especially the part when Du Sik pulled his friend’s hair for separating him and Hye Jin :loolz:

Okay this list is getting too long…but can we talk about how understanding Du Sik is with keeping their relationship a secret? Like despite Hye Jin slapping, kicking and head butting him, Du Sik was still super understanding and didn’t lash out at her for doing it. Like where can I get a boyfriend like Du Sik?!! But I gotta say that Hye Jin is definitely the clingy one in the relationship hahaha. 
giphy.gif

Also whoever chose Du Sik’s outfit for this episode, AMAZING. I love the blue shirt that he was wearing

giphy.gif

and the yellow pattern shirt too (I chose this gif because Kim Seon Ho’s smile is beautiful) 

giphy.gif

Also I just realize that Seong Hyun said to feed Hye Jin good food because he was thinking back about her in college days and how she didn’t eat well… I’m not crying, why is he such a great second lead:crybaby:

• Like 7
  • Love 6

Yaas. What is this thing on HJ’s bucket list about using the same perfum/shampoo as DS?

Can’t wait to watch them going through HJ’s bucket list and also more plot development on DS’ past! 

Also, sad that the ratings have been lower on Saturdays, but praying for an increase for tonight!!! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

I can't take away the smile on my lips while watching ep11. DS & HJ looks like teenager expressing their love to each other. DS is correct that they can't hide their relationship in the small town. I like how the whole villager found out their relationship. I almost cry when halmuni said that there's no other wish for DS anymore. 

I think HJ will be curious now on DS's past. time for a revelation this time!

• Like 10

I know the lights at DS's house can be deceiving, but the yoga scene seems to be at night. Can I dream of a lovely Saturday when ShikHye spend the whole day together at DS's house, take teenage photos, play at the garden, eat watermelon, do couple yoga, brush each other's teeth then spend the night together :phew: (just don't forget to mute their phones).

Who is with me? :w00t::wub:B)

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Blob 3

28 minutes ago, EInfinity said:

I know the lights at DS's house can be deceiving, but the yoga scene seems to be at night. Can I dream of a lovely Saturday when ShikHye spend the whole day together at DS's house, take teenage photos, play at the garden, eat watermelon, do couple yoga, brush each other's teeth then spend the night together :phew: (just don't forget to mute their phones).

Who is with me? :w00t::wub:B)

Count me in! :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

So Dusik will grant Hyejin's bucket list including a date in Seoul. They will buy couple ring (?) Omg :wub:

There they will meet Dusik's former co-workers who are worried about his condition and whereabouts.

We can see that Dusik suddenly becomes gloomy and remembers his past again. In Hyejin's bucket list it reads "sharing our future plans".

What if out of all the lists that's the only thing that Dusik can't fulfill? because he is still stuck in his past. In my opinion, this will create conflict between them. Hopefully with Hyejin he will open up and deal with it together rather than push her away. #PrayforSikhye

I can't wait to see Dusik's past peeled off.

:rolleyes::(

• Like 7
  • Love 5

OMG the new still cuts, thanks for sharing @bearcreek

Kim Seon Ho looks amazingly handsome in blue :w00t:

Continue with my dream, they spend Saturday together in Gongjin then Sunday they go to Seoul to tick off HJ's to-do-list :D

It's a good twist that they meet DS's friend/colleague there, things will start to unfold, ep 12 already. They need time to get married and have dimple kids as well, so mysteries around DS's past shall be dealt with soon :) Have hope with writer-nim ladies, ShikHye couple will be alright :heart:

Our Ji PD, like you guys, my heart goes out to him. I am glad that he and HJ finally had a chance to sit down and opened up about their past feelings for each other. They were really honest and sincere there, I was teary together with them, too. The young HJ was too busy with her life that did not want to be in a relationship, while the young SH was too careful because he understood what HJ wanted at that time, he did not want to cross the comfortable friendship line between them. And just when SH thought that life brought them together in Gongjin, he was late again. I think they are just not meant to be together from the beginning. HJ was still looking for the sea prince, not just a sunbae who took care of her :), her feelings for him was never enough for her to cross the line. I like SH when he coolly accepted the rejection and even told HJ that she always radiated no matter what situation she was in, such a gentleman! I like him even more during his conversation with DS after that. He knew that it was DS and I think he was glad that the person who is taking care of HJ is DS, not anyone else, who wouldn't like Hong banjang right? :) 

Himnae Ji PD, your destiny is right beside you, I hope you won't be late this time again ;)

Come to think of it, I think HJ is such a lucky lady. During college days she had a super nice sunbae who took care of her, and when she experiences mid-life crisis, Hong banjang is there to her rescue :D 

• Like 6
  • Love 5

16 minutes ago, j9sshi said:

Just finished watching ep 11. Did anyone else pause it to look up the book that Du Shik was recommending to HyeJin to read? Georges Bataille's Eroticism? :wub:

now that you've mentioned it :tounge_wink:

... but I did searched for Lake Baikal and guess what I'm not the only one as it was in top searched :approves:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Blob 1

This drama has brought out the giggly teenager in me. It's nice to go back to the goofy fun loving woman after a long time. After having a child, I've been in "mom" mode for way too long.

I loved all the lovey-dovey scenes. Ofcourse, the hitting was a bit much but I knew where it was headed lol.

I don't mind seeing sad, melancholic scenes BUT, I really wish there is no break up.  I hate dramas where they break up due to some reason ( I don't deserve her, or noble cause thing) only to get back together later. A relationship is not easy.  It would be refreshing to see her staying by his side no matter what he is going through, even if he tries to push her away.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Episode 13 preview is out and looks like Hye Jin finds the picture in the book. Looks like our couple might have something to fight over..

Hye Jin: Happy Birthday Chief Hong (it’s his birthday now!! Which means it’s July :o)

Hye Jin: Have you thought about going back to Seoul?

Hye Jin: who are those people in the photo?

Du Sik: Why are you touching someone else stuff?

Hye Jin : Why are you becoming someone I don’t know? Why are you growing distant?

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 2