[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

@cuteyabby haha I noticed that reference as well :lol: I love sailor moon as well so that reference was golden for Sailor Moon fans like me.

19 hours ago, Maetawinz said:

Behind the hilarious scenes in ep 9-10

4 hours ago, EInfinity said:

These beautiful pictures warm our hearts 

ShikHye couple is the best!!!

BTS with Eng subs yayyyy

Aww thanks for sharing and thanks for the eng subs one!:).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cuteyabby said:

another writeups about our fave HTCCC! its really gaining more attention and loving the drama like we all here! can't enough of them. enjoy!

A thought came to me while I read the article - luckily KSH was SECOND LEAD in startup because he might not have generated so much interest and good will if he was the first lead. Perfect lead up to his leading man’s role. I love NJH in Weightlifting fairy but I hardly registered him in Startup unfortunately. Hope he will get a better role soon.

• Like 3

Question: do you think Ji PD already knows HJ and DS have something going on between them? Sometimes he seems to notice eg DS holding HJ’s hands at the hospital… but yet why would he tell DS in the coming episode that HJ dumped him (to the person she dumped him for)? Is he such a saint that he wants to bring them together (in case they had not confirmed their feelings?)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ohsh said:

Question: do you think Ji PD already knows HJ and DS have something going on between them? Sometimes he seems to notice eg DS holding HJ’s hands at the hospital… but yet why would he tell DS in the coming episode that HJ dumped him (to the person she dumped him for)? Is he such a saint that he wants to bring them together (in case they had not confirmed their feelings?)

I think he started to notice when HJ chose to sit next to DS when they went to the restaurant together.

About him telling DS: maybe HJ didn't tell him that the person she likes is actually DS. So he was talking about it with DS without knowing that DS is the one she dumped him for.

• Like 5

I'm glad a lot of us were able to get the Sailor Moon reference, as that was also my favorite anime growing up! I laughed out loud when DS said it. :joy:

Anyway, I keep going back to the episodes to pass the time before Saturday (only 3 days left yay!) and I do agree with your theories regarding DS's trauma and that it was a guy from his past. Maybe a friend he met from their mandatory service? I would think they do it at around the age they are in their college days (not sure).

And I do appreciate that the writer-nims are only adding the trauma montages at the end, like an afterthought. And not putting it forward into the story, because it makes it all the more seem that DS is trying his hardest to push it back -- only that it creeps up every so often.

• Like 5

I am just curious about two things this morning.

1) What did the remaining portion of the doorstopper poem say?

2) How did DS and HJ end up in the same area when she went to buy milk? I know their name tags looked like it came from different schools but did he attend high school outside of Gongjin?

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

37 minutes ago, picklespickles said:

What did the remaining portion of the doorstopper poem say?

Gatekeeper

My job is to say, “You can’t do that here.”

My job is to reject your goals.

My job is to reject you the next day, too.

My job is to wait for you the day after the next day so I can reject you.

My job is to wait for you the day after the next day and end up loving you.

So my job is to reject my love.

I write, “I won’t cry because of my vocation.” Sometimes when I write in my diary, I cry.

Hannah Quinn Hertzog

Shared by susanbe on MDL
https://actionbooks.org/2021/08/kim-haengsook-five-poems/
other poems by the same author! <3

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 5

synopsis for episode 11 

so they are going to hide their relationship from Gongjin people because they don't want Seong-Hyeon to find out. haha

59 minutes ago, picklespickles said:

2) How did DS and HJ end up in the same area when she went to buy milk? I know their name tags looked like it came from different schools but did he attend high school outside of Gongjin?

At that time HJ missed her mom so she skipped school (in Seoul) and went to Gongjin. It's related to the scene she talking about her childhood to Juri. :)

• Like 11

@picklespickles You know I was wondering the same thing too because they are clearly from different schools. I made sure to check the logo of the school uniform for both of them! But what @nyk makes sense because we saw in one flashback that Hye Jin went back to Gongjin so she must’ve briefly met Du Sik while she was there.

Lol I can’t imagine how excited the people in Gongjin will be and the way they will all react when they find out that Du Sik and Hye Jin are dating. I mean they won’t be able to hide it forever ;) 

@Chesleigh Yes I agree with you what you said about Du Sik and his trauma. It’s definitely something that he deals with but it’s not constantly prominent in his life and something he deals with 24/7. It’s like you said, something that comes up once in awhile. He does seem to be still going for therapy though, as we saw him go to Seoul when Hye Jin attended the wedding. Seems like he is still getting therapy time to times. someone in the drama mentioned that he goes to Seoul often too (I forgot what episode and who exactly did hit just remember it was mentioned)

• Like 9

@ferily @nyk @Chibi8535thank you so much! 

We’re about to enter the honeymoon phase and I hope we don’t lose some of that banter, which I love so much between them. 

Also, I would love to see at least one scene of DS during his time at Seoul University and how he engaged in the city campus life (even if it’s a short clip). Was he outgoing and carefree or serious like his teenage self? We already got to see plenty of  HJ and Ji PD university flashbacks. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

My friend said in the Movie, Mr Hong became the Mayor of Gongjin. If the drama follows this ending HJ can introduce to her Uni mates that her boyfriend / hubby is a Mayor. They will be so shock. Handsone, tall, SNU graduate and a MAYOR!! and he has a boat up on the hill. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2

I think up to the end of episode 10, the drama has covered all the contents from the movie, HJ did go back to Seoul, just to realize that her heart now belongs to Gongjin, and came back to confess to DS. I really look forward to what will happen from episode 11 :)

New still cuts :wub:

Don't you love the way DS bent down and looked at HJ? The lady was probably too shy after the kiss hahaha. 

I hope to see more relationship development of Miseon - Eun Chul couple, too :)

I can't wait until Saturday :w00t:

LSY talked about his Seonho hyung, they surely have gotten close to each other thanks to HomeCha :)

• Like 10
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, kdramaQ said:

My friend said in the Movie, Mr Hong became the Mayor of Gongjin. If the drama follows this ending HJ can introduce to her Uni mates that her boyfriend / hubby is a Mayor. They will be so shock. Handsone, tall, SNU graduate and a MAYOR!! and he has a boat up on the hill. 

its not mayor its district representative. I don't know if its similar with the terms in korea.

here's the link for the movie "MR. HANDY, MR. HONG" for those who haven't watch this. enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Did you guys notice that DS always calls HJ Ms Dentist, but when the pervert was going to attack HJ in her house, DS rushed to her and said "Hye Jin ah" instead. Only the 2nd time he has called her by her name, first time was when he introduced himself to father-in-law :D

Can't wait to hear him calling HJ by her name again like in the preview "Hye Jin ah! Yoon Hye Jin" :wub:

• Like 7
  • Blob 3

@EInfinity omg I know right for the stills :wub: That’s the first thing I noticed when I saw them, Du Sik bending over in front of Hye Jin :bashful:

2577E344-D865-4586-AA07-C4971862283F.jpeg

I love it!!! Also I’ve been trying to pay attention when Du Sik calls Hye Jin “Dentist”, “Hye Jin” or “너” (you informally, in banmal) and he says “너” when they were at the hospital and Du Sik was like, “I was afraid you would get hurt”. I just love this aspect of the Korean language and how words can portray certain feelings or intimate moments because there are times when Du Sik is more intimate with Hye Jin when it comes with the way he calls Hye Jin..

There are other times where Du Sik says “너” in the drama but it’s quite rare to hear him say that since he tends to call Hye Jin “치과” (dentist) most of the time

Also I hope things between Mi Seon and Eun Che will get resolved next episode

• Like 8
  • Blob 2