[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

On 10/30/2021 at 10:37 PM, Sunset said:

Was rewatching Hometown Cha Cha Cha and I cried again like crazy after the 15th episode. I'm going to be rewatching this for a long time.

I was rewatching the last couple of episodes earlier today…and two nights ago haha.. I just can’t stop rewatching

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 10/31/2021 at 10:56 PM, ferily said:

I was rewatching the last couple of episodes earlier today…and two nights ago haha.. I just can’t stop rewatching

Me too. I don't think we will get a perfectly fluffy yet moving story anytime soon.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cuteyabby said:

rewatching for the nth time. can't help it. i'm missing hong banjang, yoon hye jin and the gongjin team! :fullofhearts:

Was hoping for season 2:

1. To see married life of d SikHye couple: coping with jobs/career  & children (dimpled babies)

2. Gongjin villagers: Juri studying fashion, Oh yoon & his coffee shop & maybe, new life partner

3. Mi Seon & Euncheol settling in their new home by d beach

4. Hwangjeong n hubby and Juri with anor sibling

5. Du Shik running for mayor

6. Launching of Bora’s supermarket

etc etc…wishful thinking

• Like 3

After reading some excerpts from the translated script book (gomawo), the beach scene at the end of episode 5 gave me a new perspective of their relationship.. how DuShik’s words related to HyeJin’s past and the significance of HyeJin’s umbrella.

One question here, why is the name Du Shik “funny” in Korean?

In a survey voted by 200 entertainment officials, Home Cha was voted as the second best drama of 2021, while ShikHye couple was voted as the best couple. Such a huge and deserving recognition for Home Cha crew!!! 

It was unfortunate that we couldn't get to celebrate Home Cha success because of Seon Ho's issue, but I am so glad that a lot of Home Cha staff and co-stars still stood up and gave great testimonies about Seon Ho's personality, which contributed a lot to change the whole Knets' perspectives on the issue. They are indeed Gongjin family to Seon Ho :heart:

Although I do not understand Korean, I decided to buy Home Cha script book from 11 street (the online shopping platform that Seon Ho currently endorses). I hope they will change their mind and release Home Cha photobook in the future, too. 

Did you guys read the super sweet letters from Dushik to Hye Jin and Hye Jin to Dushik in the script book? I wonder whether they were written by writer-nim or by Seon Ho and Min Ah themselves? :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EInfinity said:

Did you guys read the super sweet letters from Dushik to Hye Jin and Hye Jin to Dushik in the script book? I wonder whether they were written by writer-nim or by Seon Ho and Min Ah themselves? :) 

Yes I did, d translated version posted by a fan @lovelyshinminah on Twitter :

pword: 082821

• 3 weeks later...

Biggest Korean Shows on Netflix in 2021

by Jacob Robinson  @JRobinsonWoN on December 7, 2021, 10:44 am EST 

As we come to the end of 2021, many have already dubbed it as the year that South Korea broke its way into the mainstream throughout the globe. Thanks to hits like Squid Game and Hometown Cha-Cha we’re likely going to see other streamers get in on the trend. Here’s a rundown of the biggest Korean shows on Netflix in 2021.

How are we going to determine the biggest hits? Well, we’re going to do it based on top 10 data and hourly data released by Netflix. It’s not a perfect guide as there is missing data in the case of hourly data but this should give you an overall picture of what’s been trending on Netflix this year out of South Korea.

Note: this data is correct as of December 7th, 2021 – it’ll be updated and adjusted towards the end of 2021.

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha

2021 Top TV Position: #31
Total Hours Viewed Global Top 10s:271,820,000 Million Hours and Counting

biggest korean shows on netflix in 2021 hometown cha cha cha

While Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha didn’t reach the same heights as Vincenzo, it only missed out by several inches. The romantic drama did an excellent job of adapting the popular South Korean film Mr. Handy, Mr. Hong, and was rewarded with some excellent ratings by ranking as the fourteenth highest-rated cable drama of all time.

With over 271 million hours viewed and counting, it’s an astonishing achievement for weekly Korean shows on Netflix.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/biggest-korean-shows-on-netflix-in-2021/

• Like 1