[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

What a perfect ending to such almost perfect show. This two months have been wonderful.  Thanks  to the writer, the director, the cast and crew, and all the lovely people in the homecha fandom for all the lovely writing, gifsets. And other wonderful content, the community we’ve made is so heartwarming. What a phenomenal ride. can’t believe it’s  already over, time sure flies by. 

Thank you Hometown Cha Cha Cha!:issohappy:

f3b1b6fbc8c46428365b6d00d27646ecbf427b7d.gifv

c0c4c4883823130bd9b0422158801f41a7d763fe.gifv

db25fca15e58b1ddfb64d3c09e17fa96233e6f91.gifv

c smittenskiten

+ bonus (the premiere within the finale)

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Love 16

Wow can’t believe Hometown Cha Cha Cha is over… What will fill the void for my Saturday and Sundays? No more waiting and looking forward to the weekend. No more getting excited the night before for a new Hometown Cha Cha Cha episode.. it has definitely been a ride but I really enjoyed the drama :fullofhearts:

We got our happy ending and see our SikHye couple get married. I couldn’t haven’t asked for a happier ending and see the two of them happy.. Hye Jin is super sweet for telling Mi Seon that she doesn’t want Du Sik to be alone and wants to become his family. Seriously, Hye Jin is a wonderful person, and I love how the drama unveiled her character and what a warm person she actually is… I love how she was the person who initiated everything in the relationship between Du Sik and her..first one to kiss him, first one to confess to him and first one to propose to him! She definitely is a bold and ambitious woman. It was really nice to see Hye Jin by Du Sik’s side when Gam Ri passed away and he wasn’t alone this time when grieving + Du Sik got to properly grieve this time of a loved one’s death. And some people mentioned this already, but this was what the drama wanted to show and what Du Sik really needed to overcome his past. I love how Hye Jon encouraged Du Sik to grieve and not hold it in.

I’m glad that Du Sik has someone by his side to care, love and be supportive of him. He really deserves it! When Du Sik said his speech for proposing, I thought it was really sweet that he mentioned their first encounter wasn’t weird or strange to him but special and unique. We know, as the viewers, that Du Sik was attractive to Hye Jin from the beginning and his encounter with her was special, so it was nice to hear Du Sik say that himself.

Also oh Hye Jin, we know that you aren’t going to Seoul because of Du Sik ;) Actually when they showed Hye Jin packing and leaving Gongjin, they really tricked me! I knew knowing Hye Jin, she wouldn’t leave Gongjin but when I saw that scene, I thought, wait a minute…Is she really leaving to go to Seoul? No way..and then Du Sik and Hye Jin LAUGHED breaking the fourth wall and laughing because they tricked the viewers for a minute…Man they really got ME there!!

Finally the last thing I want to mention is where can I get men like characters in this drama? First Du Sik and now EUN CHEOL?? Like omg he was the lottery winner this whole time and the way he didn’t use the money for his own greed, still became a police officer to help people AND make donations? Mi Seon, you have yourself a PERFECT and COOL man right there! Don’t let him go!!!! I love this couple too, so sweet… These are all the things I have to say for now but truly enjoyed this drama and would say it’s on my top drama list :heart4:

• Like 3
  • Love 12
  • Awesome 1

i  think homecha came to us at the perfect time...:wub:

To  Gongjin squad, thank you for making our weekends an exciting one. Thank you for all the life lessons that you parted with us. Thank you for breaking stereotypes. Watching KDramas will never be the same. You set the bar high. For the side characters, who gave  life to the series, thank you.  Hye-jin and Dusik, thank you for showing us how a healthy relationship looks like. To JPD, thank you for being the best  unproblematic second lead.  and—all the laughs and tears.:heart2:

====

9077e92d7fddfdce724d1748882cfe435268b7d4.gifv

453fa0b539bdc2229e8c9140fa6f8bb82b985ca7.gifv

5aac29c2d7498c90dc1cf094cdb032755ab3688c.gifv

• Like 16
  • Love 2

Naver has yet to update ratings, but source looks legit and definitely well deserved homecha team! :rickroll:

Nationwide 12.7%

@ferily you highlighted the best bits so well so I won't repeat-other than I was touched when Dusik corrected HJ to say that their first encounter was special to him, that made all the difference! And I definitely wanna know where to find men like Euncheol and Dusik! :rolleyes:

I recall when asked what he title would like to be conferred or referred to as, with the airing of this drama, Kim Seon Ho mentioned that he would like people to remember him as the ideal boyfriend. And he's done it alright! Gone are my expectations of a well-off prince charming. Rather a down-to-earth, genuine, kind, smart all rounder other half would be better! If he was tall and good looking like Hong Banjang that would be even better (oops, seems a lot more qualities I'm hoping for now!) :lol:

And whilst SMA didnt mention, for the men out there, gfs should be like her too (excluding the violence and sometimes demanding ways of hers :sweatingbullets:). But look, no one is perfect, and if they were, well, they wouldn't be real!

Seriously, Hong Banjang + Yoon Hye Jin= #relationship goals :smooches3:

• Like 6
  • Love 4

HCCC ended exactly like I imagined - fluffy, light and sunny.
While ep 15 wasn't my fav it stayed true to the overall msg "be kind, talk kind words, you never know when it will help someone".
Also KSH showed us his theatre prowess in that amazing breakdown scene
Ep 16 was back to sunshine. I adored the proposal and that HJ was the one to propose first. Loved how low key yet heartfelt it was. 

Also SM just glowed in her scenes.
My fav part of the show was the beautiful people of Gonjim and that the writer gave everyone a story ( acted fantastically by all supporting crew)
The wholesome bromance was wonderful and Ji PD and Writernim had a lovely arc.

Maybe it was the extended lockdown here but I desperately wanted to watch an uncomplicated, non toxic show and HCCC was the exactly that.  Most dialogues of this show will go down as a favourite so leaving here with a piece of wisdom by Gamri

“Look around yourself closely and you’ll realize that you’re surrounded by many precious things.”

• Like 7
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Sunset said:

Would have loved a small appearance by Hye Jin's dad.

Overall, I loved the final episode. I loved the drama. I loved all the characters.

I don't know what to type. I'm just dazed.

I agree. An appearance of HyeJin's dad would make today episode 10.5/10!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 4

Must I dareSay one of the best dramas I watched! Dramas don’t need to be complicated, love triangle , cliche , and evil mother in laws (in this case I thought it would be Gam Ri) . The show proved us wrong over and over . Just when we thought HJ was going to leave for Seoul and a timejump, the writer proved us wrong!  She left for 3 days! I laughed so hard .  So glad HJ and DS got their happy ever after surrounded by people who love them..that’s Framily right there . I was so touched when they all wanted to help with the wedding pictures ; how blissful they are as a family unit . So glad they tied up grandpas dream for DS, the fathers wish for HJ, and Gamri for the both of them so well! Love love love everything about this drama and I miss the people of Gongjin already. 

• Like 7
  • Love 5

15 minutes ago, dramamilft said:

Must I dareSay one of the best dramas I watched! Dramas don’t need to be complicated, love triangle , cliche , and evil mother in laws (in this case I thought it would be Gam Ri) . The show proved us wrong over and over . Just when we thought HJ was going to leave for Seoul and a timejump, the writer proved us wrong!  She left for 3 days! I laughed so hard .  So glad HJ and DS got their happy ever after surrounded by people who love them..that’s Framily right there . I was so touched when they all wanted to help with the wedding pictures ; how blissful they are as a family unit . So glad they tied up grandpas dream for DS, the fathers wish for HJ, and Gamri for the both of them so well! Love love love everything about this drama and I miss the people of Gongjin already. 

Hmmm I think drama writter is aware on audience reaction and tried to sometimes give us our wishes or sometimes troll us :tounge_wink: 

I like how they confused us on HJ packing while prev shared with us teaser they are both happy that we thought she's not leaving :lol: - indeed she is but with HJ style she will just attend several days seminar with hauls of clothes to change on.:wow1:

And yup not yet watched Squid Game but that scene of Bora and Ijun :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

before I feel empty need to rewatch this kdrama again! I'm so thankful that I tried to watch the 1st episode of this. I was curious at that time. but then this kdrama grew on me. every weekend was worth waiting for! now its time to nourish all the lessons I've learned from this kdrama. I will never forget this because it made my heart flutter and at the same time broken but then healed at the end!

good job to all the cast & crew and the actors! thank you for giving us HOMETOWN CHACHACHA! :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Love 5

46 minutes ago, ned_lee said:

Hmmm I think drama writter is aware on audience reaction and tried to sometimes give us our wishes or sometimes troll us :tounge_wink: 

I like how they confused us on HJ packing while prev shared with us teaser they are both happy that we thought she's not leaving :lol: - indeed she is but with HJ style she will just attend several days seminar with hauls of clothes to change on.:wow1:

And yup not yet watched Squid Game but that scene of Bora and Ijun :lol:

And doesn’t I-Jun  remind you of a mini Eun-Cheol?  I just love how they wrapped up every story and side characters in this drama . It was done so beautifully. 

Ep 15 was a tearjerker but I also shed a lot of tears in ep 16;  the regrets Gam-ri’s son had , the letter she left for DS, HJ eating with her stepmother, just so many scenes in ep 16 that were so realistic and so heartwarming . Everyone wants a DS in their lives but where can I find a community like GJ? They say part of the healing process is finding your tribe , and this is the tribe I want on my side . 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Anyone else scream out loud when they played Romantic Sunday at the end of the drama? If there’s one thing I would’ve raged about if the drama didn’t do in the last episode is not playing Romantic Sunday! But THEY DID so I am happy :cutekitty:

Other things I forgot to mention in my review:

- Du Sik telling Hye Jin that he got upset at Gam Sri not accepting his money, but in Gam Ri’s letter to Du Sik, she called Du Sik his son ANDD grandson, oh my heart… Who else was tearing up when Du Sik read Gamri’s letter and we saw flashbacks of Gamri and Du Sik moments? :criesariver:

- The drama showing our lovey dovey couple taking wedding photos but at the end of the day, their jobs are important too so they rush to do what they need to do…I love it

- Hye Jin accepting Du Sik for who he is with him being the chief of the village and asking more or nothing less from him. (Although we did see her ambition that Du Sik striving for something higher :lol:)

- Our Du Sik x Seong Hyun bromance / PPL with Dominos :joy: (which btw they just had to cram all the PPLs in the last episode) but Du Sik once again giving Seong Hyun good advice. Plus Du Sik complaining that Seong Hyun comes to Gongjin too often and saying Seoul is right next to Gongjin :loolz:

- Shin Min Ah throwing in aegyo and trying to be cute HAHAHA

I love that each character in the drama had their own arc and the drama wasn’t afraid to spend time away from our main couple and instead give time to each character in Gongjin to unveil their backstory. I think we can all agree that every character’s story in Gongjin was heartwarming and touching. I really enjoyed learning about each one of the characters and never complained about the screen time that we got with the side characters. Every moment and scene was important and not wasted. 

Lastly, kudos and major props to all of the actors and actresses for this drama. Not only did Shin Min Ah, Kim Seon Ho and Lee Sang Yo delivered their characters but all the actors/actresses for the side characters too!

• Like 7
  • Love 8

10 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

And one mystery I couldn't help but wonder - where did the new baby go?! 

I wondered too, and seeing her running while looking for I-jun, that was scary. Haha. I think the supermarket scene, when the husband help with the boxes, they mention mom. So the baby must be with their mom. 

I love how they rushed for the villagers in the end. However, I can't help but wonder, how DuSik's double bed went back to single again? :lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I love how they show HJ running by herself in the beginning of episode 1, then HJ and DS running hand in hand with a happy smile on their faces in the last scene of episode 16, so poignant indeed :heart:

Gongjin not only saved DS in the most difficult time of his life, it also saved HJ while she was suffering from her mid-life crisis. It is truly the healing place for our beloved couple and should be where they spend the rest of their life happily together.

I am so happy that HJ decided not to go to Seoul, I know she wouldn't go, not a HJ thing to do, leaving her boyfriend behind after everything that has happened. I truly admire her, she knows what she wants and she fights for it till the end. HJ really understands DS so well, she knows when to take a brave step forward to reach out to him, but also knows when to step back a little and encourage DS to take the initiative. I am so touched when HJ said "who cares if the wind blows a bit, when we are in the same boat", I have to say our beloved couple totally deserve each other and I am so glad that we are able to witness their beautiful love story in HomeCha.

Just like you guys, I am sure HomeCha will linger in my heart for a much longer time. Thank you ladies for all the insightful sharing, amazing gifts and pictures, that make my HomeCha journey even more enjoyable :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 8

17 minutes ago, msyuki said:

Definitely will be on my repeat list until i can move on :relieved:

Same and that starts after last night's episode :tounge_wink: 

@EInfinitylove your comment abt the drama's first and last scene wow another kudos to the writer for showing character growth here.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Yes @EInfinity this is why Hometown Cha Cha Cha is a healing drama! Love how Gongjin practically saved both of our couple… The drama unfolds Hye Jin coming into Du Sik’s life as someone from Seoul but she gradually begins heal Du Sik with his traumatic past and stands by his side. Du Sik not only learns to open up to Hye Jin about the accident but also learns that it’s OKAY for him to have someone he loves by his side and Hye Jin will be there for him. Gamri’s death was for him to really grieve and cry as much as he wanted for a loved one like Hye Jin said. On the flip side, Du Sik comes into Hye Jin’s life and breaks down Hye Jin’s walls, showing her true self as someone who is truly a warm and caring person. Hye Jin really isn’t the same person she is when she first came to Gongjin compared to the last scene in the drama. Of course she still has some of her ideals, being ambitious & bold, spending her money on expensive clothing, but she also opened up a lot and shows her true self. It’s as Gamri said in one of the earlier episode, Hye Jin is truly a warm person on the inside and we see that in many moments (helping I Joon’s teeth, Gamri’s implant, Juri’s braces, etc etc). Her coming to Gongjin really allowed her to be her true self and get away from the pressure she was feeling while in Seoul. It’s healing for both of them and I love that about this drama :wub:

Also did anyone else crack up at Hye Jin calling proposal a relay race and she gives the baton to Du Sik to finish the relay race? LOL!! :loolz: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, ferily said:

Anyone else scream out loud when they played Romantic Sunday at the end of the drama? If there’s one thing I would’ve raged about if the drama didn’t do in the last episode is not playing Romantic Sunday! But THEY DID so I am happy 

Yes, I did as well, I am glad they did :).

• Like 4
  • Love 2