[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

31 minutes ago, cuteyabby said:

although I watched it thru livestream in tvn and already cried without subtitle on it... still I cried when I watched in on netflix. from start to end I cried a lot! its so heavy in your heart that you can feel each scenes! :bawling:

first when Hye Jin break down with Miseon and Du-sik struggling on his home...

second when the accidents happened and Du-sik cried a lot...

third when Du-sik gave the money that came from selling all he owns....

next when Iljun cried because he was happy that his family will be together again...

then we Du-sik saw his hyung and they talked...

also when Du-sik read the text from Gamri...

last but not the least when Gamri passed away...

so many heartbreaker scenes this episode 15....:bawling: 

Agree, but I'm still wondering why they have to make Gamri die in the last minute, so heartbreaking. 

• Like 5

Du Sik was pretty much crying in most of the episode today.. Serious kudos to Kim Seon Ho for crying that much and nailing every emotional scene! I know he mentioned that emotional scenes take a toll on him so kudos to his amazing acting :cutekitty:

Also not sure if anyone else noticed but in the preview we see Hye Jin’s heels and Du Sik’s shoes in the sand…

WP8MDJ.gif

Such a great parallelism to the first episode where when Hye Jin was on the beach, she was alone and only her shoes was in the sand while Du Sik was out in the water, but now in episode 16, we see that Hye Jin and Du Sik are together and both of their shoes are next to each other :wub: Symbolizing that the two of them aren’t alone anymore but have each other!

• Like 10
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 1

l did expect this my most favorite homcha character after Sikhye , which is gamri halmeoni passed away , but she died happy and contented.

The one who always be there for him. Made him feel loved. Saved him. Gave him the kind of love only a mother could give.

"Look around yourself closely, and you'll realize that you're surrounded by many precious things." Halmeoni's final wisdom before ultimately passing away :criesariver:Thank you for teaching us lots of life lessons and values.

458464df10f442e2f6ad638e3b91ef19a79dfa3a.gifv

Spoiler

21b5aea100b23a2529610cad896a74db588bfc5d.gifv

08ebbd4b11bd31afdb8f718cc7dc85e4a004c4dc.gifv

Spoiler

c  https://twitter.com/avehello/status/1449425033214889989

Yoon Hye-jin forever best girl! She was so willing to share Du-sik’s burden. She simply waited patiently for him all throughout.

• Like 12
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2

Also this tweet, well said :bawling:

I love how Hye Jin says that she doesn’t want to leave Du Sik alone and wants to be his family… The fact that she said that, I know that she’s going to stay in Gongjin and not go to Seoul. I bet after hearing Du Sik say what Gongjin means to him, that probably lead her to come to a decision about taking the job offer or not from her sunbae.

Also I didn’t realize it while watching the episode since I was focused on Du Sik’s reaction / Kim Seon Ho’s acting but this scene was taken in one shot:

When I first saw this scene, I noticed even the smallest details that Kim Seon Ho put into, acting Du Sik as frightened, scared, startled. Like just look at the way he is trembling! The fact that it was done all in one shot too? So impressive. 역시 김선호…

• Like 13
  • Love 3

I like this tweet, watching it live I didnt understand why HJ left DS walk away from her and that she took her time to seek DS. After watching it with subs, it makes sense that HJ was feeling lost and confused as to why the man that she loves seems to different. Especially after he admitted that it was true in what  DoHa said and that the family in the photo he ruined them.  It wasn't until Gamri (bless this lovely woman) came to her  that she found the courage to check in on DS. When he finally opened up and told her what had happened I believe she made the decision there that she would not leave him alone and will stick by him to help him heal. She has such beautiful heart and I love how brave she is with her love of DS.

img.gif

I guess after telling DS about her job offer, she declined it and won't be going anywhere. :heartxoxo:

*SQUEAL* she even proposed to her man. YOU GO GIRL! 

@ferily I just noticed your post - we share the same sentiments in regards to HJ. :thumbsup:

• Like 9
  • Love 2

My heart and my eyes :dissapointed_relieved:

Glad we finally got to hear DS’ story and his past and as expected, KSH killed the scenes. 

The scene of DS and his Hyung really got to me. 

The rest of the cast were amazing too. Ijun’s confusion, fear, and tears really got to me. The actor did such an amazing job! 

I know ratings are usually lower on Saturdays, but I really hope the ratings will break a new high for this episode because it was such a beautiful episode. 

Also, for the last episode, we’ll be getting both a funeral and wedding Such a poignant way to end the show with both an end and new beginnings. 

• Like 12
  • Love 4

58 minutes ago, Vivin Camelia said:
1 hour ago, cuteyabby said:

Agree, but I'm still wondering why they have to make Gamri die in the last minute, so heartbreaking. 

I think the show had to air something like this and perhaps to show how DS can overcome another loss of someone who he loves. It's a sad I know and it breaks my heart as Gamri is the heart of Gongjin. 

So it's true, our finale ep is going to be 2 hours long.... I'm glad as now the ending wont seem rushed. They will wrap up each character's arc beautifully so we can have that romantic Sunday after all lol! I can just hear KSH singing "lalalala" now :joy:

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Man what a heavy episode this was! I also can't help but feel it had probably felt a bit too close to home, especially for the actress Shin Min Ah..? As it's publicly known that her bf, actor Woo Bin suffered from cancer and how she steadfastly stood by him throughout.

So sad to see halmeoni go.. bye-bye gran you'd be sorely missed.. I agree with her parting words that we all forget to appreciate the little things that're found around us. 

I still think of Jeong Woo as "Mr. Grapefruit" of "True Beauty" LoL. I just wanted to hug Chief Hong so badly. None of these were ever his fault, they were all out of his control. 

What happened to the ahjusshi was unfortunate.. but he should know the risks involved. Stock markets are like  gambling. It's risky. 

I love how well I Joon turned out, he's a well adjusted kid thanks to his lovely mom Hwa Jung. Unlike Bo Ra or even the coffee ahjusshi's daughter Joo Ri. Like they're both so spoiled tsk. I think Bo Ra should stop threatening I Joon as well. She always raises her fist when she dislikes what he says aish.

And phew LoL that epilogue. If theirs isn't fate I don't know how else to call it. Hye Jin truly was Chief Hong's savior. I just wanted to end by stating that Kim Seon Ho has such expressive eyes. His pain was so palpable. 

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

So it's true, our finale ep is going to be 2 hours long.... I'm glad as now the ending wont seem rushed. They will wrap up each character's arc beautifully so we can have that romantic Sunday after all lol! I can just hear KSH singing "lalalala" now :joy:

Bring on the 2 hours! I wouldn’t mind if it’s 9 hours either!

All ready for some more tears from Gamri’s death but also lots of fluff from DS and HJ and just the village being happy really. 

• Like 8
  • Blob 2

This episode made me cried, laugh (hwa jeong + village chief kitchen scene) and cried again. The never ending tears from Du Sik. when Gam Ri Halmeoni passed away, that words from her friend, was indeed heartbreaking. And i absolutely sure Du Sik will be heartbroken again. He might regrets not to eat the food Halmeoni gave.

I would like to share what i read maybe from instagram. I can't find the original story. Daughter ask Mother, why do they have to ask neighbour A for salt, they still have salt at home. So the mother answered that neighbour A is not doing so well. Sometimes they don't have money, and other neighbours will also help them too. But, by asking for some salt, neighbour A will feel that they were needed too. Salt - because its not expensive. (Story Might not be so accurate, but its how i remembered).

This is what i thought of when Du Sik said the villagers started to ask for help, changing light bulbs, etc , intentionally. What a nice community :fullofhearts:

Looking forward for the sad, heartbreaking scene in earlier part tomorrow, and also most awaited  happy, romantic, cuddling scenes. Happy Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

• Like 11
  • Love 3

Ufff I shouldn't have started "The King's Affection" today AND watched Episode 15 HCCC. Tearfest galore.

This episode was developed perfectly; I'm so glad they really got into the flashbacks and told us the whole story, not just bits and pieces here and there. DS of course blames himself but everyone is right - he's not at fault except for the fact he didn't pick up ahjussi's phone calls and reassure him.

I was glad to see that DS was good-hearted and had integrity from beginning to end....some people speculated perhaps he was a greedy investment shark but it didn't play out that way. (Well, maybe he was a bit greedy - but he didn't prey on people.) That was one surprising thing about his arc - he actually wasn't an arrogant or unkind person in Seoul - he still treated people well. In fact, it was when he returned to Gongjin that he was more closed and reserved. His halabeoji and Gamri raised him well. :wub:

One more episode....

• Like 15

@Kasmic Yes Hye Jin let Du Sik go because she also didn’t know what to do.. She didn’t know what to believe but she decided to trust in Du Sik and wait for him to tell her the truth :wub: Hye Jin is really amazing in this sense of how she can be understanding and caring. Of course she’s human too and didn’t know how to take the situation at first but her caring heart pulled through, which lead Du Sik to tell her about his hyung.. Also I like what you said about Gamri too. Kind of a way for Du Sik to deal with another loss but this time he has someone who he loves and someone who loves him to be by his side and stand beside him.

@Latte_Anyday Ah yes, his role True Beauty and as the grapefruit teacher :lol: The commonality with his role in that drama and this one is that he’s sweet and pure!

@7psyche7 Yaas chingu, I’m in agreement and let us see the two hours of Hometown Cha Cha Cha!! I think episode 16 is going to be 1 hour and 40 mins long

@anastasia7 What you said makes perfect sense and exactly what the Gongjin people did for Du Sik! They didn’t question why he was acting like that but instead they cared for him :heart4: it’s so sweet that the townspeople did that

@the_sweetroad I know some people theorized that about Du Sik! I honestly didn’t really believe that Du Sik was an arrogant or unkind person, just that I believed something traumatic happened to him in Seoul that lead him to go to Gongjin. That’s what I thought…but I’m really glad too that the drama portrays him this way! Seriously boyfriend goals.. Where can I find a Hong Du Sik..

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

Well today’s episode was a cry fest. But I still think it was handled in such a way to be least hurtful as they are limiting the sadness to 2-2.5 episodes.

The tanking stock markets seems to be similar to Lehman brothers and 2008 and I have heard stories of the high suicide attempts during that time and even the most stable people in finance breaking down. Those eery times are etched forever in their memories. I’ve even heard that they left work everyday overstressed and overworked wondering if they wil still have a job to come back to next day or will they be clearing out their desk. Also the ordeal was for months on end and almost 2-3 years for some companies. Some companies seeked bail outs and their fate hung by a thin wire for a long time.so although it seems like a big coincidence that they are all connected to one tragedy maybe it’s also the writers way of representing how widespread the trauma of those times was. Cause everyone saw everyone suffering especially if they were in banking or finance. And for some countries that depend on that sector largely it was even more widespread. 

I think they had to show gamri passing away to show that this time Du Shik takes the time to mourn and it’s okay to feel every emotion wherever it may lie on the spectrum from very happy to very sad. I just hope it’s a really happy ending and there’s no sudden shock.

Also I think with gamri passing away I do think it’s possible she won the lottery and left that for Dushik. Because honestly he was there for her when her family wasn’t and him giving away all his money to do has family was more penance than the mistake committed by him. 

Hyungs wife’s anger was kind of justified in the moment because as a wife she would always wonder what if her husband had decided not to go with his friend whom he considered a brother. But she turned a leaf and forgave him after 2-3 years which I think is an okay time considering she did not take a decade or two to turnaround which would make the forgiveness redundant due to the time lost.

But in the case of Do Has mom she used DuSiks entire life savings for a better life/ better apartment even though DuSik had actually warned her husband about the investments. Du shiks only mistake was possibly not answering his calls. I found DoHas moms behaviour selfish really. 

so gamri leaving Du Shik money I feel is only his good karma coming back. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, Raynaa said:

I think they had to show gamri passing away to show that this time Du Shik takes the time to mourn and it’s okay to feel every emotion wherever it may lie on the spectrum from very happy to very sad.

I really like this theory. Everyone else was taken prematurely from Du Sik, but Gamri lived a full, long life and it was her time to go. You're right; hopefully mourning Gamri and celebrating her life will be healing for DS. He will have zero guilt over her death, and he'll be able to attend the funeral surrounded by others who loved her.

• Like 9
  • Love 2