[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

2 hours ago, Ohsh said:

Honestly I cannot tell whether I liked this episode or not. Maybe should take it together with tonight’s before I decide ;) 

While I did enjoy the interactions with HJ’s parents and how he brought them closer together with his natural warmth, I don’t see why the show need to address HJ’s r/s with her parents now. Couldn’t they have settled the r/s between HJ and DS first? It feels like we are having a looongg appetizer and the show ended before I had my main dish! There was hardly any interactions between the otp in this episode :(((

Having said that, I found it funny that he belatedly add in the honorifics when speaking to the dad. I don’t understand Korean so I couldn't tell if DS was speaking politely to the elderly village ladies or not. 

Actually I was also a little concerned about the underlying issue of DS’s unemployment and that HJ seems to expect him to fulfil his full potential as a Seoul Uni graduate. I wonder if this will be a mismatch of expectations in the future. 

I think they made DS meet HJ's parents to understand more about her. He has learnt a bit about her and her past through Ji PD, now from her family members. This is just another suitable move to ignite DS's desire for love that he has buried deep within himself for the last 5 years. DS needs more catalyst to open up to HJ, leave his fear behind and let his feelings take over. DS has been in deep thought since HJ's father left. I think the sentence "that could be you" must have hit him hard. Also, it is for HJ to understand her dad more and to realize that DS is well fitted in her family.

I also think about your last concern, whether they will happily settle in Gongjin (which I prefer) or will go back to Seoul together. HJ asked DS directly already and he said that he is happy with what he is doing. HJ was not impressed but I think she will be fine with that since she said herself that she has earned enough money already :)

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

I think they will make the plot like 'mr handy mr hong' movie.. Sad. I was hoping the will make different version.

I don't like the way DS rejected HJ and let her broken hearted for a year or more. Until she decided to leave the village and go back to seoul.

At christmas.. she will run to village again to meet DS only to say that they are over. She doesnt want the friendship anymore. 

In the movie's ending.. their relationship also not clear. Come on DS show your true feeling...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

I hope it is you? Im glad to see you here. :partyblob:

WOW! Soompi forum has so many changes and new emoji's   Feeling so overwhelmed lol!

Back to your post, I do think DS won the lottery  DS because he owns a very expensive camera and getting his grandfather's boat on top of that mountain isn't cheap. Apart from his trauma he seems to be living really well and with so many talents. 

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS UNNIE IT ISSSS MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to see you here too! It's been so long since we last met. Five years? Or more?

Unnie, honestly though, for someone like Du Shik don't you think it would be selfish of him to use the lottery money for himself? I feel like he would use that money to give the village more infrastructure facilities or something. He's Chief Hong after all, the nosy, handsome handyman who everyone loves. But we don't know much about Gamri Halmoni except that she values her family the most. And it looks like even if her son is an accountant, he doesn't earn much, compared to our Dentist (it's my opinion, tbh) so I feel like she helped them out, and maybe that's the only reason her granddaughter speaks with her, because over the phone the granddaughter didn't seem too enthusiastic with her responses.

I'm turning into Sherlock Holmes for this drama, LOL.

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Ohsh said:

Actually I was also a little concerned about the underlying issue of DS’s unemployment and that HJ seems to expect him to fulfil his full potential as a Seoul Uni graduate. I wonder if this will be a mismatch of expectations in the future. 

Yes, I agree! This is something they keep coming back to. It feels like eventually tensions will boil over around this and HJ will say that DS really isn't good enough for her since he's happy to be a perpetual part-timer and waste the investment in his education as an engineer. And he'll feel unvalidated and call her an uppity snob again to hide his hurt. Hopefully learning more of his backstory will help her (and us) understand him and his life choices.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Irmautarii said:

I think they will make the plot like 'mr handy mr hong' movie.. Sad. I was hoping the will make different version.

I don't like the way DS rejected HJ and let her broken hearted for a year or more. Until she decided to leave the village and go back to seoul.

At christmas.. she will run to village again to meet DS only to say that they are over. She doesnt want the friendship anymore. 

In the movie's ending.. their relationship also not clear. Come on DS show your true feeling...

Same feeling, tonight's episode for sure HJ will be rejected :< After watching the movie I'm quite disappointed by the way mr Hong acted towards HJ, he barely shows his feelings even until the end and that pissed me off. I hope that the writer could change it a bit but until now it seems like there's nothing change much in the 2 main characters' relationship

Edited by bgcldx2208
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

47 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Yes, I agree! This is something they keep coming back to. It feels like eventually tensions will boil over around this and HJ will say that DS really isn't good enough for her since he's happy to be a perpetual part-timer and waste the investment in his education as an engineer. And he'll feel unvalidated and call her an uppity snob again to hide his hurt. Hopefully learning more of his backstory will help her (and us) understand him and his life choices.

In the movie.. at the ending..he will apply for village chief.. hwajung ex husband's position? 

Seeing the story development.. morelikely they will follow the plot at the movie.

My gosh.. i hate how DS not realize that he's in love already.. too long.. ep 10 already.

if i were HJ i will date sunbae already

42 minutes ago, bgcldx2208 said:

Same feeling, tonight's episode for sure HJ will be rejected :< After watching the movie I'm quite disappointed by the way mr Hong acted towards HJ, he barely shows his feelings even until the end and that pissed me off. I hope that the writer could change it a bit but until now it seems like there's nothing change much in the 2 main characters' relationship

Agree... i want DS to take alead and be a man.. he seems still confused by his own feeling.. please do not state HJ as chingu anymore.. it hurts

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

28 minutes ago, Irmautarii said:

In the movie.. at the ending..he will apply for village chief.. hwajung ex husband's position? 

Seeing the story development.. morelikely they will follow the plot at the movie.

My gosh.. i hate how DS not realize that he's in love already.. too long.. ep 10 already.

if i were HJ i will date sunbae already

Agree... i want DS to take alead and be a man.. he seems still confused by his own feeling.. please do not state HJ as chingu anymore.. it hurts

Rather than being confused, I think he's already on the rejection path. He is of course attracted to her in many ways, and he knows that she's attracted to him too. He confuses the other people with his very vague answers but I feel like he already gave Hye Jin the answer: he does love her but he doesn't want to commit to a relationship. In today's episode I'm more than 100% sure that he's going to reject her saying that he always saw her as a friend and nothing more. She's going to have her heart broken, close the clinic and move to Seoul. And in the movie since there was no second lead, Hye Jin didn't have any other connections or any other people to be attracted to apart from Du Shik, but here since she has Ji PD she's maybe going to accept him.

When Ji PD made that (illegal?) U-Turn, I wanted to cheer for him. Of course, Du Shik is my no. 1 boy, but when Ji PD decided not to wait that showed how much desperately he wanted to love Hye Jin. And that's an attractive quality in a man. I wish Han Ji Pyeong decided to man up in a previous episode too, without waiting until Dalmi fell in love with Dosan and then confessed to her.

If Du Shik does reject Hye Jin in this episode (which I'm quite positive he will, since his fears are still in the open and it's still the 10th episode) then he's gonna be in for a whole world of pain, cuz Ji PD is just around the corner.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Bruh DS needs to step up tonight! I get that he still has some issues to sort out mentally, but at this rate, I think it's unfair for HJ as well. There's so many things unspoken between the two so when she confesses to him tonight, I need some sort of genuine response from him. Not him laughing or brushing it off - give her a proper response, I think he owes her that much.

And it's already the 10th episode. 

Just putting it out there.

:heartxoxo:

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, Irmautarii said:

Oh no, this is bad... REAL BAD. 

PLEASE writers, don't make it exactly like the movie. It'll be too painful! 

Well, thinking about it, we can see subtle changes comparing to the movie plot. Like DS was a fake boyfriend but with different reasons and circumstances from the movie. Maybe they will keep the rejection but they might change the way it happens: like DS approach, the time they're apart from each other, the way DS accept his feelings for her etc. Let's just hope they'll adapt these things making it better than the movie. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, paolaadl said:

Oh no, this is bad... REAL BAD. 

PLEASE writers, don't make it exactly like the movie. It'll be too painful! 

Well, thinking about it, we can see subtle changes comparing to the movie plot. Like DS was a fake boyfriend but with different reasons and circumstances from the movie. Maybe they will keep the rejection but they might change the way it happens: like DS approach, the time they're apart from each other, the way DS accept his feelings for her etc. Let's just hope they'll adapt these things making it better than the movie. 

I really hope so... i dont like the 'time jump' ... like in start up and in the movie... sigh.. 3 hours to go....

1 hour ago, heartoppaya said:

Rather than being confused, I think he's already on the rejection path. He is of course attracted to her in many ways, and he knows that she's attracted to him too. He confuses the other people with his very vague answers but I feel like he already gave Hye Jin the answer: he does love her but he doesn't want to commit to a relationship. In today's episode I'm more than 100% sure that he's going to reject her saying that he always saw her as a friend and nothing more. She's going to have her heart broken, close the clinic and move to Seoul. And in the movie since there was no second lead, Hye Jin didn't have any other connections or any other people to be attracted to apart from Du Shik, but here since she has Ji PD she's maybe going to accept him.

When Ji PD made that (illegal?) U-Turn, I wanted to cheer for him. Of course, Du Shik is my no. 1 boy, but when Ji PD decided not to wait that showed how much desperately he wanted to love Hye Jin. And that's an attractive quality in a man. I wish Han Ji Pyeong decided to man up in a previous episode too, without waiting until Dalmi fell in love with Dosan and then confessed to her.

If Du Shik does reject Hye Jin in this episode (which I'm quite positive he will, since his fears are still in the open and it's still the 10th episode) then he's gonna be in for a whole world of pain, cuz Ji PD is just around the corner.

Yesss.. i also thrilled when sunbae take a sudden u turn... 

At this level.. i hope HJ wont leave him heartbroken.. he is such a nice man..

In real life i will choose him if DS doesnt make a move. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS UNNIE IT ISSSS MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to see you here too! It's been so long since we last met. Five years? Or more?

Unnie, honestly though, for someone like Du Shik don't you think it would be selfish of him to use the lottery money for himself? I feel like he would use that money to give the village more infrastructure facilities or something. He's Chief Hong after all, the nosy, handsome handyman who everyone loves. But we don't know much about Gamri Halmoni except that she values her family the most. And it looks like even if her son is an accountant, he doesn't earn much, compared to our Dentist (it's my opinion, tbh) so I feel like she helped them out, and maybe that's the only reason her granddaughter speaks with her, because over the phone the granddaughter didn't seem too enthusiastic with her responses.

I'm turning into Sherlock Holmes for this drama, LOL.

YAY! it is you. So glad to hear from you and knowing that all is well. :fullofhearts:

You are right it would be out of character for DS to not invest his lottery money to the village. Did we get an answer on who was supporting the Village fair? I think that might be key too... aren't we all becoming Sherlock Holmes.

And I just got spoilt big time... the best line eva..."NADO!" 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Irmautarii said:

Someone said that the ending in the movie is cute and happy, she will back and they are togheter

• Like 1