[Drama 2021] The Road: The Tragedy of One, 더 로드: 1의 비극

larus

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Yeon Woo being Jung Ho's son actually makes sense if we think about the first time we saw Jung Ho in the drama. He visited the house, Eun Soo's first reaction was to look at Yeon Woo. Then the whole dinner scene and Jung Ho claiming "I have the right to see him" when Soo Hyun told him that he cannot see Yeon Woo as Yeon Woo is sleeping. To me, it actually felt kinda strange, but if we do think that Yeon Woo was his son whose custody he lost to chairman Seo, I think this would explain why Jung Ho reacted like that and said that thing when he wasn't allowed to see Yeon Woo.

What the drama does not clarify though is who the mother of Yeon Woo is. We have not been told yet of the story of JH and EH. The drama has given as clues that JH is the father of YW but not who the mother is. 

Yeon Woo and Joon Yeong are both 12 years old which means they were born after the child of Eon Seo and Soo Hyun died. That means that if ES is the mother of YW she would be having an affair with JH at the same time her husband is having an affair with SY and they both got pregnant at the same time. Which means that EH had already died childless. Unless EH was still alive and got pregnant at the time SH was having an affair with SY who got pregnant at the same time as EH. It makes sense then that the boys are of the same age and EH died after her baby was born. JH went bonkers and Seo Ki Tae then took his grandson from JH, had a restraining order against him and had ES and SH adopt YW. That means that ES affair with JH occurred much later after her sister died leaving her child motherless with a father who is off his rocker. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

Thanks for the poll @Sleepy Owl!  I voted for someone else killing Jun Young.  I looked at the possibilities and can't figure out why any of them would kill Joon Young.  What's the motive for killing him?  Yes, it's possible he saw something he shouldn't have, so you'd have to kill him to shut him up.  But what could he have seen?  Before his death, we know he saw Se ra and Jung wook doing drugs, but is that a reason to kill Joon Young?  I guess people have killed for less.  I have ruled out Se ra and Jung wook.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I have my doubts on Seo Ki Tae... but he's likely involve with the slashfund thing.  Same with lawyer Choi, and Hwang Tae Seob. These three are more involve into slashfund arc. Masterlist. That list contains illegak corrupt powerful people. This is the list SH was after.  Noy sure what is the connect in killing joon young..unless he saw something or hear something accidentally.

As for Joon Wook.... he was high on drughs dirving the car swerving and all that. Maybe when  they saw joon young he was already full of injuries? It's possible  he was already suffering when car hit him.  I mean.......

The autopsy report shows death was cause by  car accidental or fall but examiner said  cervical spine fracture was the actual reason but then said it's a bit  complicated due to multiple fractures including leg and pelvis but fractured in different directions and the fracture in the skull with possibility of brain hemorrhage.  The heart was pretty damage and because of that brain was swollen. Examiner said he check joon young medical record and told detective child had seen so many doctors but couldn't find the cause that's why even a slight trauma caused him to die. Then the examiner ask  why the parents rush joon young funeral

After watching episode 5 and 6. I still think the women are suspicious. They have more to gain than the men. The men are more into slashfun masterlist.

The suspects.. for now.

ES..I still doubt she'd do something to  child. But because she has trauma.. who knows, sometimes, someone's not in their right emotions will do something.  But it's pre meditated.

Even SY.. is having attacks. and needs drugs to calm her make her sleep. It's the same drugs ES fouund on joon young things.

ES and SY they're both blackmailing each other. ES with the drugs, SY knowing about ES and JH

I'm wary of Kyung Sook (2nd wifie), Mi-do ( the pregnant partner of JH),  Se-Ra (doesn't like the joon young.. more manipulative than Joon Wook.

And the two right hand man/secretary. SKT secretary, and the HTS secretary.

The unanwered question....whykill and do that to a young joon young?. The examiner and dectective both puzzled.

Lawyer choi.....hmm. I'm quite confuse about him actually.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I am curious as to what Yeon Woo witnessed that shocked him to suffer post traumatic syndrome and can't see at all or the times he can "see", the image of Joon Young appears and 

he gets scared.  What he saw must be so shockingly scary. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, lila21 said:

I am curious as to what Yeon Woo witnessed that shocked him to suffer post traumatic syndrome and can't see at all or the times he can "see", the image of Joon Young appears and 

he gets scared.  What he saw must be so shockingly scary. 

What about this theory--Yeon Woo was the intended victim, but Joon Young took the hit saving his friend?  But then, that theory doesn't match with the injuries. But something like that would definitely traumatize anyone, I think.

What new clues will we find on Wednesday?????:wut:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

This drama is craaazyyy!!! the plot is getting interesting each weak. some scene and secret reveal made me gasping and shock!! But whyyyyy is still get sooo underrated. Even in mydramalist, asianwiki, the section comments is very very quite. I thought there are many thriller drama fans. Maybe because there are not a single handsome rookie actor to attract youngster viewer?? Hmm.. but Seo Jeong-wook sometimes show off his muscular abs, :sweatingbullets: maybe that's not enough bcos his character is not really important?

Also, even in twitter there are not many tweet about this drama, so it is hard to find spoiler, which is good. I am back here after watching all 6 episode to keep my curiousity. But, at least in soompi forum i feel different vibes. But, reading all theory and review give me some headache, chingu!! haha!! Kidding! :waves:

Oh no, they will only have 12 eps?? But the duration of each eps is quite long, it almost 90 minutes each eps. With slow pace in beginning, back and forth plot, and so much character!! Many supporting character and they have all role in the crime, they keep some secret, and have their own agenda. This is so confusing!! :dizzy:

And the tone is dark and darker in most scenes that sometimes makes me hard to watch and made my eyes exhausted.

I will write my list and back with another post to gave some insight and question to you, chingus.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

“The Road: The Tragedy Of One” Unveils Key Questions To Be Answered In Thrilling Second Half

ce3e8b08fee74ad393e4e6d243dfee11.jpeg?s=

Aug 25, 2021
by C. Hong

As tvN’s “The Road: The Tragedy of One” moves into its second half, the drama shared some key questions to be answered as the story heats up.

“The Road: The Tragedy of One” is a mystery drama about a tragic incident that takes place one night in the pouring rain and the silence and cover-ups that ensue, giving rise to many tangled secrets and leaving further tragedies in their wake. Ji Jin Hee stars as Baek Soo Hyun, a famous news anchor who is pursuing the criminals behind a mistaken kidnapping incident and a series of murders.

The drama’s production staff shared, “The truth behind the incidents will unravel quickly starting in episode 7. There will be a sense of catharsis for viewers in following along as Baek Soo Hyun puts the puzzle pieces together.”

Spoilers

Where is the original evidence?

ji-jin-hee-the-road-the-tragedy-of-one.j

The first key point is the whereabouts of the original evidence behind the political and corporate corruption. Baek Soo Hyun believes that the criminals are those who want to get their hands on that original evidence at all costs. This is because after the kidnapping occurred, the whistleblower Yoon Dong Pil (Lee Jong Hyuk), who possessed the original evidence, was found dead with a false confession about being the kidnapper.

Even with just the duplicate copy of the evidence, it was revealed that the conglomerate chairman (and Baek Soo Hyun’s father-in-law) Seo Gi Tae (Chun Ho Jin) and National Assembly member Hwang Tae Seop (Kim Roe Ha) are in alliance. It is also presumed that the police and Baek Soo Hyun’s news department director Kwon Yeo Jin (Baek Ji Won) are also involved in this corrupt alliance.

As a result, Seo Gi Tae is also searching for the whereabouts of the original evidence. Even when his life was threatened, Hwang Tae Seop insisted that he did not have it. Kwon Yeo Jin also secretly broke into Baek Soo Hyun’s room on the night of the kidnapping, but was forced to leave empty-handed. Although these people are full of lies, their actions indicate that some might have been speaking the truth. Who really possesses this key card that is both extremely dangerous and extremely valuable—and when will they put into play?

Who was behind the kidnapping?

kim-hye-eun-the-road-the-tragedy-of-one.

The second key point is the truth behind the mistaken kidnapping incident. Many residents of Royal the Hill had shown suspicious behavior: Seo Gi Tae, the man of power, standing at the top of the building. Hwang Tae Seop, Seo Jung Wook (Jo Sung Joon), and Choi Se Ra (Yi Seo), who caused a suspicious traffic accident that is presumed to have killed a child. The child’s mother, Cha Seo Young (Kim Hye Eun), who was feeding him a drug that causes cerebral edema. Kwon Yeo Jin, who hid her tracks that day. Bae Kyung Sook (Kang Kyung Hun), who was cleaning up a wine fridge that was leaking blood. Yang Sung Ja (Ha Min), who made up a fake alibi for her husband Hwang Tae Seop.

Is one of the Royal the Hill residents the kidnapper or is there someone else out there who is not yet suspected?

What secrets is Royal the Hill hiding?

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1485399wpp/the-road-the-tragedy-of-one-unveils-key-questions-to-be-answered-in-thrilling-second-half

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/21/2021 at 2:49 AM, greezlybee said:

And the last scene of ep 6, we see the police putting his phone on airplane mode.

I looked at that scene again, as Detective Sim walked to his car carrying files and then before he entered the car, he put his phone on airplane mode. He then entered the car from his left side which is the right side of the car, which is the passenger's side which means there was someone, a driver with him in the car. The very next scene shows Soo Hyun coming out of his car from the the left side of the car which is the drivers side. When someone first enters a car from the drivers side, he would enter from his right side. 

I love how the PD and writers give subtle clues which one has to observe and re-watch to see the clue then guess the clue. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

Thank you @lila21 for the fact that Det Sim entered the passanger door! Curios who is in the driver seat. Is it Secretary Jo? the end of eps 6 was really dramatic with Eun soo and jang ho together while seo young trying to call him.

I found this when strolling around comments in another site.

Spoiler

According to the novel, Yeon woo is Jang ho and Eun ho's child. She died when giving birth.

1. Is Eun ho and Eun soo a twin sister? where I can found this fact? I thought Eunsoo is the older sister. and since when she had affair with Jang ho? Their relationship is very strange. And also Jang ho partner right now. why he choose a blind woman to be his wife/girlfriend? To not to be found out when he has an affair?

2. It was really sad for Jun young. so tragic even when he still alive, her mother tried to kill him slowly by gave him adult medicine. And her father know it!! and also the sister!! This dysfunctional family, sigh. Hope they get the karma :crazy:

3. What's really happened with Sera and Jungwook on the car? Did they hit Jun young? or watching him kidnapped? Jungwook is feel really sorry but Sera, this girl is really psiko bitc*h.

4. Is Seo Jungwook son of Seo Kitae? Their relationship is still so confusing. Seo Kitae told Seo Eunsoo that she's the only child he has and he always mention Jungwook with Director Bae's son. But why Jungwook got the family name?

5. There are scene of a guy crying in the car, and then I realised he was assemblyman Hwang's secretary. What is it hiding in the glove compartment? is it a paper? the original evidence? and why he was crying?

6. The relationship between Assemblyman Hwang and Choi Namgyu. Is that about investment thing or money laundering? Hwang Taesob once was beat up by Mr Choi. I don' think Choi Namgyu is a lawyer, he has an investment  company? or he's working in the company as a director? The company must be play the money laundering part for Seo Kitae company.

7. The secret of Hwang Taesob that Kwon yeojin have. His wife mention it while showing off article when he got potograph with his hand on shoulder of a child on charity event. Duh, is he child se**al offender? Oh this is disgusting!! :crazy:

8. Who is the man in the hut and who is the girl he killed? Is he Baek soo hyun father? stepfather?? I was little bit shocked know the fact that he push the girl body to the lake.Is the body never found out? So that Baek soo hyun keep those fear, regret, and sin alone that impact his adult life.

I hope you guys can enlight and add more fact or even unsolving mystery. Me thinking about the plot and unreveal secrets of the story --> :crazily:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, CarolynH said:

What about this theory--Yeon Woo was the intended victim, but Joon Young took the hit saving his friend?  But then, that theory doesn't match with the injuries. But something like that would definitely traumatize anyone, I think.

The kids went to the house because they were lured and they had no idea of a kidnapping plan. The boys said that Jeon Young went missing after they went to the house and they were calling his name and there was no answer. Yeon Woo went to the 2nd floor to look for JY and when he rejoined the other boys, was alone looking very scared and the boys then decided to get out of the place. I think that YW saw someone familiar, someone he knew doing something to JY. He is protecting himself from being questioned and have to tell what he saw and/or the person whom he saw with JY by being blind. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, lila21 said:

I think that YW saw someone familiar, someone he knew doing something to JY. He is protecting himself from being questioned and have to tell what he saw and/or the person whom he saw with JY by being blind. 

Interestingly, we, human, have this ability to adopt "selective memory" which is to remember certain information and not remember other information.

According to some studies and they observed that our brain systems play a part in deliberate forgetting, and studies have shown that it is possible for people deliberately to block memories from consciousness. For YW's case that caused him blindness (short term memory loss), at such an extreme case, it may be the traumatic event that caused him...

Choosing to forget something takes more mental effort than trying to remember it, and it will be very hard for Soo Hyun to forget his past guilt, a heavy price for his entire life, but his must remember : no amount of guilt can solve the past, and no amount of anxiety can change the future. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

no amount of guilt can solve the past, and no amount of anxiety can change the future. 

I love what you said here. This is so true and a very good lesson to remember for all humankind. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@CarolynHWhoa!! I think you got something here.... still waiting  for subs but in the new ep, it shows that Dong Pil before he lured the boys into the abandoned house, was at the room where the kids were gathered playing games and he went straight to Joon Young, held his face in his hands and identified him as the son of Baek Soo Hyun. The kids were all surprised especially Yoon Woo but he did not correct the man, however he had a puzzled look on his face. I am guessing he thought that everyone of the guests at Royal Hill knew he was the son of Soo Hyun as well as the grandson of the host Seo Ki Tae. So, when he learned that Joon Young was kidnapped and killed he might be feeling guilty that his friend was taken in his stead because he kept silent? He also might be questioning if Soo Hyun is really his father or if he is the son of Soo Hyun. That is a lot for his very young mind to handle?? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

22 hours ago, CarolynH said:

What new clues will we find on Wednesday?????

I just finished Ep 2 and was shocked to know Joon Young is BSH son.

@Nanana85  hello

Yes, each episodes are getting interesting with lots of suspense. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1