[Drama 2021] The Road: The Tragedy of One, 더 로드: 1의 비극

larus

Ep 9 I can't believe how vicious these women are, the youngest being Sera but she already knows how to lie and make deals sacrificing someone else. The wife of Seo Ki Tae, Mrs Hwang, Seo Young and Sera calling each other to check their stories out and Kwon knowing that it may not be a verified news will put it out there  anyway?  They are all going to blame Hwang's 'aide/driver to save their butts. Seo Young is not interested to find the real killer of her son? Sera was with Jung Wook when they had the accident and it was not Dong Pil they had a collision with. In the first episode, at the event, Moon Do and his thugs found Dong Pil at the event and beat him up. Dong Pil was able to get free and tried to run away and fell into a ditch and was limping away. His last conversation with Seo Hyun who was trying to look for him was the phone call where he accused Seo Hyun of sending him to prison when he was innocent and now Seo Hyun is trying to kill him. Then there was a blackout and SH could not reach him by phone. ES called him saying their son was kidnapped and when Seo Hyun talked to the kidnapper, he knew he was not talking to DP. DP had no time or energy to do the kidnapping of Joon Yeong as he was already spotted by Moon Do and beaten. In one episode Hwang was shown with a bloodied Jeon Yeong sitting front seat of a car driven by Hwang. Mrs Hwang accused the aide/driver of blackmailing her. And the wife of Seo Ki Tae, said that she run over Dong Pil and Hwang and another man, the aide, picked Dong Pil's body and put into Hwang's car. I hope we get the DNA of the blood in the car and that Jung Wook will do the right thing and tell them what he saw. Choi used SKT's money to cover the losses of his investment company and never told SKT. What does that have to do with the death of JY? I hope detective Sim will be smart detective and find the killer of JY.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

51 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

So I think there will be a showdown next episode with that ending.

You mean ep 10? Yep, show down!! We now going to get the back story, who did what to whom long ago? Detective Sim did not anticipate that JH might do something, he is a suspect. I hope he is not dead, he is a witness because now, it will SH and JH word against the other. Detective Sim needs to live and also for SH, Dong Pil and the girl who died. SH is going to need him.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

There are more revelation on this EP 10.

The backstory of the Soo-Hyun is clear now and he is surely in the redemption road. 

Few things are still unclear :

1. What is the relationship between Mr Seo Ki-Tae and Detective Sim? Is there any financial support to Sim's family since his younger days? Seo Ki Tae's money and power can do wonders to anyone, including the politics.

2. What is the medical history for Cha Seo-Young that she has been taking medicine all these while? Eun Soo is holding on the medical report now.

3. Why did Seo Ki Tae instruct his Secretary, Jo Moon-Do, to kill or Kidnap Mr Choi's family doctor on that night? It seems that the medical result is crucial to the case.

So the main conductor of the orchestra is Seo Ki Tae and he thought everything will be carried out by his blueprint, but he never expect there is something called an accident that caused a chain reaction occurred.

Everyone holds a piece of responsibility for JY's death...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, lila21 said:

You mean ep 10? Yep, show down!! We now going to get the back story, who did what to whom long ago? Detective Sim did not anticipate that JH might do something, he is a suspect. I hope he is not dead, he is a witness because now, it will SH and JH word against the other. Detective Sim needs to live and also for SH, Dong Pil and the girl who died. SH is going to need him.

Yeah sorry that is what I meant, I am glad we are finally getting the back story. I hope he is okay as well. I agree.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

22 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

So the main conductor of the orchestra is Seo Ki Tae and he thought everything will be carried out by his blueprint, but he never expect there is something called an accident that caused a chain reaction occurred.

Or that the person SKT put in place to watch Jang Ho, Lee Mi Do, will fall in love with him because it seems that way. She was paid and ordered to leave but will she? She is pregnant.  We still did not get the past history of how Jang Ho and Seo Ki Tae are related to the past of Soo Hyun, Detective Sim and Dongpil, the man in the hut and the girl who was killed. The storytellers are keeping that info for the last episodes. Reporter Park was meticulous  getting information about people who generate gossip or public interest. That is his job. I really hope that he had hidden back up reports that somehow will surface as in Kwon's affair with Seo Young, the drug she was taking and gave to her son, the real father of her son  and all the juicy gossip and secrets he had gathered about Royal Hill. We also don't know who the origin of the list is, who gave it to Dong Pil and why.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, lila21 said:

We still did not get the past history of how Jang Ho and Seo Ki Tae are related to the past of Soo Hyun, Detective Sim and Dongpil, the man in the hut and the girl who was killed. 

In Ep 10, Soo Hyun confessed to Detective Sim that the man who held the rifle gun in the hut was his father. He had no choice but to abandon the school girl and carried the guilt throughout his lifetime (that explained his past why he burnt the hut and helped to dump the school girl because of his dad) but he wants to resolve and redeem it once and for all now.

I am quite sure that 3 pals had been connected to Seo Ki Tae since young. Their careers and families were surrounded with Seo KT all these years, otherwise Dong Pil would not hold the original copy of the slush fund.

My guess is Seo Ki Tae probably knew that Jangho kidnapped his grandson, and thus he made an exchange deal with Jangho privately, that was to allow him to get close to Eun Soo. (Eun Soo should be aware of this too, Seo KT knew that both had been seeing each other after the kidnapping event) - they have this so called "promise" among the three of them. And they have to keep this promise to protect their family.

Seo Ki Tae hired Lee Dong Mi to watch out Jangho movement but he did not expect she failed to do so as she fell in love for Jangho and now bearing his baby. But whether she is involving the kidnapping, i am not sure yet, but Jangho is using her as an alibi now. 

Let's see how the writer ties up all the loose ends at the end of the story.  :)

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

So we were all right about suspecting Lee Mi Do's blindness and think she wasn't really blind. An interesting twist despite we all already knowing about it. So she was planted by Chairman Seo. This man is a dangerous guy. I was sure he knew about his daughter's affair as well, and he did know about it. 

Now the question is, who really is the accomplice of Jang Ho. Jang Ho wouldn't really be influential enough to know that Joon Young was actually Soo Hyun's son. He is a crazy guy, and I would say someone actually used him for this. Soo Hyun took away his son from him, so Jang Ho taking away Soo Hyun's son from him would be the right revenge in his opinion. 

Another thing is, Jang Ho knew about Soo Hyun's affair, so does that mean Eun Soo also does know about it? I wouldn't be shocked if she does know about it, maybe she knew about it for sometime now. Or maybe it was Jang Ho who told her about it in order to make her realize that Soo Hyun wouldn't cheat on her if he really loved her, and the only person who loves her is no one other than Jang Ho himself. 

I am actually more curious about the medical history of CSY. Did she really think there would be no retaliations while doing that program? Especially when she mentioned the school girl's murder case, on which Chairman Seo reacted, which means he actually is connected to that case in a way or two. Well, with Eun Soo having had enough of her, it looks like CSY's medical history will be revealed by the rival channel as Eun Soo ordered it to be sent to them. 

I don't think Det. Shim is dead though, they showed a taser in the passenger's seat, so it means that Jang Ho used the taser on Det. Shim to get away. Question is, why would he do it? He did suspect the detective when he was messaging to Soo Hyun, so must have some idea that there is a chance of Soo Hyun and Det. Shim being together in this. But what really is in the house, that Jang Ho was so desperate to hide that he had to attack an on duty detective and return back. Its crazy, since we all know that next episode, he would be caught (most probably), since everyone would know that he is the killer. 

I am a bit shocked at Lee Mi Do still having feelings for Jang Ho despite knowing how sly he is. His mental health set aside, he was bold enough to hug Eun Soo in front of Lee Mi Do during JY's 3rd day rite, since he knew that Lee Mi Do is blind. That is sick. Yes, she is pregnant with his child, but she really needs to reconsider if she does need to stay with a man like that or leave. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Finally caught up with Ep 10.

Shocked to know Lee Mi Do is NOT blind !  

Chairman Seo is such a dangerous man & is so POWERFUL,controlling the commissioner, Chief Kwon & Cha Seo-Yeong husband.

Hopefully, detective Sim survive from the attacked by lunatic Jang Ho.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

14 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Soo Hyun confessed to Detective Sim that the man who held the rifle gun in the hut was his father. He had no choice but to abandon the school girl and carried the guilt throughout his lifetime (that explained his past why he burnt the hut and helped to dump the school girl because of his dad) but he wants to resolve and redeem it once and for all now.

So Dongpil was accused wrongly of killing the girl and went to prison for it? Well, I don't blame Dong Pil for wanting to avenge himself on Soo Hyun but how did he get the slush fund list? Who gave it to him? The reason as Detective Sim said, Soo Hyun is a member to "that family" meaning SKT's family. Dongpil wants to be compensated with money for the slush fund accompanied with a threat to kidnap Soo Hyun's son when he told Soo Hyun, his son is at school playing baseball. Yet it was Joon Young he approached in the play room. Did he know that Joon Yeong is Soo Hyun's son? It seems Dong Pil's plan is to get money through the slush funds at the same time make Soo Hyun and SKT enemies. Dong Pil approached Soo Hyun with the slush fund which was too good a news for Soo Hyun to refuse knowing that he will become an enemy of his father in law. SKT knows that Soo Hyun has the slush fund list and Dong Pil is dead, but whoever gave the list to Dong Pil is still unknown unless Dong Pil is tech savvy to lift the list through hacking. Seo Ki Tae is trying to destroy Soo Hyun's reputation and make the slush fund list a non issue with the help of Kwon. Therefore he thinks that no one will believe Soo Hyun anymore. But we know that Soo Hyun revisited Park's apartment, and he already concluded Jang Ho is the killer. Did he see something else that will give the answer to who gave the slush funds to Dong Pil? If it was Jang Ho, then Jang Ho is also connected to the past or know of the history of DP and SH.  How is Yeon Woo connected to the kidnapping what did he see when he went to the 2nd floor, what is making him so scared to face the truth of what he saw there?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

For all the people asking about the drugs that were given to JY but prescribed to CSY, they actually already said in of the early episodes that they were benzodiazepenes. Benzos (like Xanax, Ativan, Valium, Klonopin) can be habit forming and are typically prescribed for panic attacks and anxiety disorders, they relax you and have sedating effects so she was likely giving it to him to make him sleep. If she's not prescribed it for anxiety, she may be abusing it or taking it for insomnia or have some sort of secret seizure condition. She doesn't want her medical records public because the autopsy showed he was already dying from swelling in the brain caused by him being a child continually dosed with it and she doesn't want anyone to know she was drugging him which they will if they see the same med was prescribed to her. So, I don't think it's about exposing a medical condition so much as not wanting to look guilty for his death or have people know she was doing that to her child.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Another thing is, Jang Ho knew about Soo Hyun's affair, so does that mean Eun Soo also does know about it? I wouldn't be shocked if she does know about it, maybe she knew about it for sometime now. Or maybe it was Jang Ho who told her about it in order to make her realize that Soo Hyun wouldn't cheat on her if he really loved her, and the only person who loves her is no one other than Jang Ho himself. 

I think ES knew. She was depressed after her baby died so I don't think she was having an affair then. Seo Young mentioned to Soo Hyun that he and his wife lost their baby but only one of them is grieving. I would not put it past Seo Young to let Eun Soo know about her affair with her husband. She goes to their house and actually confronts Soo Hyun about it and even gives an ultimatum to meet at a hotel or else knowing that Eun Soo and Jang Ho are meeting at that hotel. Jang Ho and her call each other. When Eun Soo went running to her looking for her husband, Seo Young called Jang Ho after Eun Soo left. She was at Park's apartment just before Park died and Park told Seo Young about some of the details of what he knew about the accident and the face of the killer. Who was the sophisticated lady that the insurance agent mentioned to Park?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, lila21 said:

So Dongpil was accused wrongly of killing the girl and went to prison for it? Well, I don't blame Dong Pil for wanting to avenge himself on Soo Hyun but how did he get the slush fund list? Who gave it to him? The reason as Detective Sim said, Soo Hyun is a member to "that family" meaning SKT's family. Dongpil wants to be compensated with money for the slush fund accompanied with a threat to kidnap Soo Hyun's son when he told Soo Hyun, his son is at school playing baseball. Yet it was Joon Young he approached in the play room. Did he know that Joon Yeong is Soo Hyun's son? It seems Dong Pil's plan is to get money through the slush funds at the same time make Soo Hyun and SKT enemies. Dong Pil approached Soo Hyun with the slush fund which was too good a news for Soo Hyun to refuse knowing that he will become an enemy of his father in law. SKT knows that Soo Hyun has the slush fund list and Dong Pil is dead, but whoever gave the list to Dong Pil is still unknown unless Dong Pil is tech savvy to lift the list through hacking. Seo Ki Tae is trying to destroy Soo Hyun's reputation and make the slush fund list a non issue with the help of Kwon. Therefore he thinks that no one will believe Soo Hyun anymore. But we know that Soo Hyun revisited Park's apartment, and he already concluded Jang Ho is the killer. Did he see something else that will give the answer to who gave the slush funds to Dong Pil? If it was Jang Ho, then Jang Ho is also connected to the past or know of the history of DP and SH.  How is Yeon Woo connected to the kidnapping what did he see when he went to the 2nd floor, what is making him so scared to face the truth of what he saw there?

In my yesterday post, I've already mentioned that the 3 pals (Soo Hyun, Detective Sim, Dong Pil  in the past had the connection with Seo KT, that involved the murder case of school girl. The boys might have witnessed it, but three of them probably came at the different timing, that's why Dong Pil being caught and sent to Jail.

To investigate further, we need to know their arrival timing and sequencing at the murder scene. I am not surprised even Jungho was involving too. Let's see.

Same for the car accident for JY, everything involves the arrival time and sequence of the events.

In one of the EP, during their school days, there was a hidden man sitting inside the car, who was he, it might be Seo KT(?)... Could it be Seo KT hired Soo Hyun's father to kidnap and kill the school girl? Why did his father do that, out of money? Why killed the school girl, what was the motive, or was it merely out of an accident? (We don't know yet). But at least we know until EP10 that the man who held the gun at the hut was his father, the one who run the same blood as his, and that explained the reason why Soo Hyun needed to dump the school girl to the river and burnt the hut later on, to save his friend, Dong Pil from being frame. 

Soo Hyun might not know who was the mastermind behind, if he knew earlier Seo KT was the main conductor of the orchestra, he wouldn't marry to Eun Soo, but if he knew it long ago, then it would be a revenge for him, which I doubt so.

Back On Ep1 at the beginning, two of them, Soo hyun and Seo KT was holding gun facing and confronting each other - whoever began the trouble should end it, thus it is better for the doer to undo what he has done to the tragedies...

I love this type of suspense thriller storyline because it often stimulates our brains and I am glad that there are few chingu here wish to share their opinions (no right or wrong) for exploring and discussing. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

so, Chairman Seo Ki Tae is mastermind behind all. Is Choi Jun young's killing apparently was ruining his plan to get the original evidence, and because of that, some things happened unexpected? Looked at how he treat his own son, and remember how Seo Kitae make a deal with Bae kyungsook and did you notice her words about Seo Kitae use his own grandson in harmful plan to reach his goal.

Detective Shim's role in this case still blur, bcoz we don't know what is his motive or if he was really one of Seo Kitae's tool. His facial expression really hard to read. When Oh Janghoo tried to confront him in the car, he look little bit shock, but it get flat again so quick. so surprised Oh Janghoo can escape from a police detective.

Actually, Seo Eunsoo looks like she could be dangerous like his father. As her command to Sec Jo Moondo to get Choi family's medical record, what's happened with the doctor? Is he get killed/kidnapped (hope there's no more victim). What is Sec Jo plan. Why should they hurt the doctor to get the medical record??

I think Cha Seoyoung's role is get poor development as the drama on its half, since she was like nowhere or have important role to the progress of the story.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, Nanana85 said:

I think Cha Seoyoung's role is get poor development as the drama on its half, since she was like nowhere or have important role to the progress of the story.

I think Cha Seo Young will play a significant role in the upcoming closing episodes. It was her son who got kidnapped and killed and she lost the man she had an affair with and had a child with. She still hung up on Soo Hyun who is married to Eun Seo whose lover, Jang Ho is hung up on her. Both Seo Young and Jang Ho are desperately hanging on to their married lovers albeit one of them Seo Young's lover is passe and no longer is attracted to her even when he had a son with her. Seo Young must have thought that getting pregnant with her lover's child will bind him to her but it was not so. That is one angry woman as Jang Ho is one deluded man. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

On 9/6/2021 at 1:06 AM, Nanana85 said:

so, Chairman Seo Ki Tae is mastermind behind all.

Seo Ki Tae did everything to suppress the evidence of the slush funds from being revealed by getting SH to believe that YW was kidnapped and ES helped. However, a car accident which led to horrible events, death of JY was not in his plan, or was it? Could he really sanction the killing of a child? That played into SKT's advantage because it distracted the media who are now concentrating on the kidnapping and blurred the news of SKT's illegal funds. But no one is asking or even investigating who killed poor Dongpil and why because that will lead to the where it all began, the slush funds. Who gave the list of donors to the slush funds to Dong Pil? I really hope that detective Sim is not on SKT's side. He asked for the autopsy of Dong Pil but the Medical Examiner told him to go  through the legal process. How did Dong Pil die? Was he really ran over by Mrs SKT with her car or was he tortured to death? Does SKT already know who gave the list to DP or does it really even matter to him now that he thinks Soo Hyun is destroyed? 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

17 hours ago, lila21 said:

However, a car accident which led to horrible events, death of JY was not in his plan, or was it? Could he really sanction the killing of a child? 

it should be a domino effect, I don't think he has intention of killing JY. What he wanted desperately was the original file of the slush fund. BTW, dear chingu, since you love this genre of solving mysterious case with your diverse thinking skill, I would love to see you too in another forum for new drama "High Class" if there is one already set up for us.:wub:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I would love to see you too in another forum for new drama "High Class" if there is one already set up for us

Thanks chingu for letting me know. I will look for the drama and sure would love to join you. I found the drama HIgh Class forum and I love the actors who are playing especially Jo Yeo Jeong  and Kim JI Soo. The writer wrote the drama East of Eden one of my favorite older dramas. I am looking forward to this drama

• Love 2

Ji Jin Hee, Yoon Se Ah, And Kim Hye Eun Bid Farewell To “The Road: The Tragedy Of One” Ahead Of Final Episodes

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 8, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “The Road: The Tragedy of One” is coming to a close!

“The Road: The Tragedy of One” is a mystery drama about a tragic incident that takes place one night in the pouring rain—and the silence and cover-up that ensue, giving rise to many entangled secrets and leaving further tragedies in their wake.

Spoilers

On September 8, Ji Jin Hee, Yoon Se Ah, and Kim Hye Eun shared their final thoughts on the drama. Ji Jin Hee, who played Baek Soo Hyun, shared, “As I left the final filming set, I felt relieved that we wrapped up nicely, but I also felt both refreshed and sad that we have won’t be greeting our viewers through the broadcasts every week.”

He continued, “I want to give a round of applause in many people’s stead for the labor put in by the director and all the staff who worked all night and day so that the character Baek Soo Hyun could come to life, in addition to the traces of me left in this project. I also want to deliver my sincere thanks to the senior and junior actors and peers, who each did their best in their roles, for thinking about [the drama] together with me.”

Ji-Jin-Hee.jpg

Yoon Se Ah, who took on the role of Seo Eun Soo, shared, “I’m sending away Eun Soo, who spent everyday in tears. I sincerely want to embrace with all my strength all the staff, peers, and senior and junior actors of ‘The Road: The Tragedy of One’ who comforted my exhausted heart.” She continued, “Everyone has worked really hard, and I want to deliver my words of gratitude. I’m also really grateful to the viewers.”

Yoon-Se-Ah.jpg

Kim Hye Eun, who portrayed the role of Cha Seo Young, commented, “I think this is a psychological drama that showcased the extreme selfishness humans have by showing the greedy adults who tried to hide that they caused the loss of a young life and the adults who considered their reputations and social statuses to be more important than the value of someone’s life. I hope viewers show lots of interest and keep watching until the last episode to find out what decision these figures will make and what end they’ll face.”

Spoiler

Kim-Hye-Eun.jpg

In the latest episode, Baek Soo Hyun became certain that Oh Jang Ho (Kang Sung Min) is the real culprit, and he tried to find evidence by infiltrating Oh Jang Ho’s house and thoroughly combing through it. However, Oh Jang Ho caught wind of this and returned to his house, creating a tense atmosphere. Viewers are curious to find out how their confrontation will unfold.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1487703wpp/ji-jin-hee-yoon-se-ah-and-kim-hye-eun-bid-farewell-to-the-road-the-tragedy-of-one-ahead-of-final-episodes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1