[Drama 2021] The Road: The Tragedy of One, 더 로드: 1의 비극

larus

I am curious to know if Seo Ki Tae really shot the assemblyman Hwang's foot. Jung Wook is bothered by his conscience that he caused a car accident and left the scene but did he witness something else and not do anything about it and that is what bothers him most?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, pompyavi said:
H
Spoiler

ide contents

I haven't seen the Japanese version. But I managed to read a synopsis of that. According to that Eun Soo is the culprit with Jang Ho. She will use Jang Ho since he is obsessed with her. In the Japanese version, Yeon Woo is her and Jang Ho's son but here he is her twin sister's and Jang Ho's son. I don't know if it will follow the main plot exactly or have a twist. IMO, the theme may be same but here they have changed many things and I think someone who is a victim of Soo Hyun's silence in the past is the mastermind

@pompyavi question for you in spoilers

Spoiler

If that is the case, could it be a girl now a grown up woman and maybe related to Jang Ho, the blind wife? Just conjecturing here. It is fun to see if our predictions will happen. So, if you were to guess who the mastermind is, whom will you pick? Or do you think the character has not been introduced yet? 

what else was changed and different from the Jdrama if you don't mind sharing? 

• Blob 2

7 hours ago, admonike said:

I might be lost here, why his mom force him to take the medicine?

I read on MDL, it would be 12 eps

Thanks my dear chingu :) 

Seo young shown unstable mental state during the scene reflash in EP6, shouted at her son when he only begged for accompany for a sleep. Logically, a mother should console the son, but she wasn't there to give any mentally and physically to support his son. The story will reveal soon that what kind of medical record she and her son had in the past and she wanted so badly to destroy the medical record when Eun Soo told her that she could get the record easily since she was from Seo Ki-Tae's family.

So what caused her to give the child medicine or the child secretly consumed it since he couldn't sleep? (not sure if this is a sleeping pill or something else, let's see)

Obviously there are several influencing factors:

1. Joon Young is the biological son of Baek Soo Hyun. The love-hate relationship makes her feel emotionally pressured. She can't even tell the world who is the father of the son. I guess the more she looked at her son Joon Young, the more his face reminded her of Baek Soo Hyun. This is the causal relationship between love and hatred.

2. Her mental state is unstable, and her main goal is for fame and fortune. (I am not surprised that the upper-class wealthy people are mostly suffering from the mental pressure and anxiety, just that they pretend and hide it well). So her career comes first, more important than anything else. When her innocent child asked for help (looking for accompany), she couldn't stand it and felt very annoying. The only way to calm the child was to feed her medicine regularly.

Of all the characters, I pity the most is Choi Joon-Young, the innocent child died without knowing who is his birth father. The parents' fault and the rest of the adults' negligence at the expense of this child....that was where the tragic began.... :( 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

Of all the characters, I pity the most is Choi Joon-Young, the innocent child died without knowing who is his birth father. The parents' fault and the rest of the adults' negligence at the expense of this child....that was where the tragic began.... :( 

Sorry to cut your post chingu.  Exactly!  No one seems to care that Joon Young died.  Maybe Nam-gyu even though it wasn't his biological son.  The most interesting part of ep 5/6 is Jung Wook seems to have a conscious.  I think he may crack under the pressure.  

I wonder if everything will be tied up neatly in 12 episodes.  It seems as though almost every character has an issue to be resolved.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@lila21 and @CarolynH

Yes, Jung Wook seems to have a conscious when he witnessed it that night, he even mentioned that he could have saved him, referred to Joon-Young. 

Questions in mind :

1. Did Joon Young die in the car accident? Jung Wook's mother scrapped the son's car is to destroy the evidence?

Or if there is a possible plot twist :

Someone kidnapped him and moved his body that witness by Jung Wook?

2. Why Jung Wook's mother kept cleaning the basement wine storage, did she find out something fishy or try to hide the evidence (because she ordered the house maid not to clean the basement)?

3. Or like the police friend said, there are many accomplices (with hidden agenda) involving in the same compound at Royal Hills district even though they don't have to be present at the scene during that party night? 

@lila21 - its interesting that you brought up this blind girl, Lee Mi-Do :):D

It is sad that this drama rating is low and not many people notice it.  I guess not many people like to solve the mysterious crime case ...:D

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

Detective Sim, Dong Pil and Soo Hyun were the three kids involved in a "murder case?" that happened in the hut long ago and Dong Pil was wrongly accused and went to prison, the scapegoat. Soo Hyuno knew that Dong Pil was innocent and knew who the perpetrator was but kept silent because he was threatened to be killed. The past has come to roost. Aside from Detective Sim and Dong Pil who else are the characters involved in that past that could possibly have a grudge against Soo Hyun because of keeping silent about the past? Eun Soo and Seo Young were friends and still think of themselves as friends although they dislike each other may have gone to the same school where the girl who was murdered went to? What is there relationship to the girl, close friends? What about Jang Ho who was married to and had a child with Eun Ho the sister of Eun So? What is their story? Jang Ho's blind wife, Mi Do does not have a story but did she go to the same school as the murdered girl or has any relationship to her? How about Bae Kyung Sook the wife??? of Chairman Seo, aside from greed to make her son the heir, does she have another ulterior motive for staying with a man who treats her like dirt stuck to his shoes? Did she know the chairman from before and was she related to the girl who was murdered long ago? Is the kidnapping and death of Joon Young related to the case of the past or was just an opportunity that presented for revenge against his mother? Assemblyman Hwang went home with blood on his shoes and clothes the night of the murder of Joon Yeong, was it because he was beaten because he is greedy and not related to the death of Joon Young? What is it that Yeon Woo witnessed causing him blindness trauma? So Many questions. Every episode brings possibilities. The driver of Hwang seems to be recording his boss and is reporting to SKT? 

It is sad that this drama rating is low and not many people notice it.  I guess not many people like to solve the mysterious crime case ...

I think the "shock and awe" dramas with same plot repeated over and over by same characters seem to be popular 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Hello! I took my time to watch the new episodes because it’s so stressful lol. But then, I still don’t get any new hints on who’s behind all this tragedy. So I’m looking forward to read everyone’s theories!

9 hours ago, lila21 said:

I am curious to know if Seo Ki Tae really shot the assemblyman Hwang's foot. Jung Wook is bothered by his conscience that he caused a car accident and left the scene but did he witness something else and not do anything about it and that is what bothers him most?

Honestly, I don’t think SKT is able to shot a person. After all, he has a loyal dog by his side, why bother put blood on his own hands right?

@lebeaucouple thanks for pointing your thoughts out. 

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Someone kidnapped him and moved his body that witness by Jung Wook?

this is very interesting to ponder on. it’s possible that JW did hit JY (because of the bump voice), and if so, the car accident might not be the major reason of his death. 

2. Why Jung Wook's mother kept cleaning the basement wine storage, did she find out something fishy or try to hide the evidence (because she ordered the house maid not to clean the basement)?

I’ve been really curious with the basement scene as well. Hope someone has an enlightenment on this :D

3. Or like the police friend said, there are many accomplices (with hidden agenda) involving in the same compound at Royal Hills district even though they don't have to be present at the scene during that party night? 

I do believe that every problem in the complex has a domino effect. At this point, I wanna rule out assemblyman Hwang from JY’s case because it seems like he has a different story. Assemblyman Hwang’s wife has a key evidence, but I’m still clueless what it can unlock. Also, Hwang’s secretary seemed to hide something too!

Lawyer Choi (is he a lawyer though?) is a bit confusing. I don’t get what he’s after. It’s clear that his wife is thirsty of fame and success, but what is Choi’s? The fact that he returned to the crime scene and also the luggage filled with money is in his car gave me the heads up that he might be one of the mastermind.

CSY’s medicine also plays a part on JY’s death, but again, I don’t think it’s strong enough to kill him. I can’t rule her out just yet though.

I still am not convinced that ES is behind all this. I mean, a plan that costs a child’s life is too gruesome especially for someone like her. But what if, it’s actually not her plan to begin with. She’s just dragged into it because she needs to protect something. YW? Her secret love affair? aish… so confusing! lol

Director Kwon is a big headache.

SKT’s wife and SKT’s right hand is also another headache.

But above all, the correlation between the past and present is the major headache! Who the hell is the man in the hut? BSH’s father?

So far, this is my theory: JW ran to his mom because he feared that he just killed JY (he’s too high to know if JY’s dead or not). Then BKS disposed the car because she’s afraid that her son will be arrested for both drugs and murder, but also, to save herself because something might be recorded in the car’s blackbox or there’s an evidence trace in the trunk. And then there’s Hwang’s wife who eavesdrop BKS’s phone call and assumed that her husband killed JY when actually, Hwang was beaten up by lawyer Choi. And then lawyer Choi, with all his dirty business, cover up JY’s death in fear that his wife is the killer. He also need to cover up his dirty deeds. CSY is now aware of the secret affair between ES and JH. ES is now aware of CSY and BSH’s past affair. And now, the mighty original file comes. The person who’s after it is not just SKT or BSH, it’s also CSY, director Kwon, assemblyman Hwang, and at this point, I think detective Sim is also after it. That’s why they play the threat game. There’s still a lot of things that aren’t concluded in this theory.

@lila21 your questions got me thinking! :blink:

may I also point out—is LMD really blind? Because in the previous episode, she answered a phone call without the phone alarming her who’s calling. 

one more thing—BSH asked his police friend, if it was a coincidence that the old three pals are put together again after so long. And the last scene of ep 6, we see the police putting his phone on airplane mode. What if he’s…. lol idk what he’s up to.

please do mention me with your theories guys! 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

@pompyavi Chingu, back then when you tagged me, I was yet to see the first episode. Even after seeing the first episode, it was so long, I didn't watch the second episode for 2 weeks or so, but when I did yesterday, I ended up binge-watching all the episodes and caught up the drama. 

The plot is interesting, and I like the fact that the ML is not so "pure" either, and he does not shy away from pulling tricks. 

Coming back to the plot, I am interested to know about what exactly is happening between Eun Soo and Jung Ho (her brother in law). Why exactly Jung Ho had a restraining order, and seemingly it was against approaching Eun Soo, seeing how Soo Hyun reacted, and also how chairman made sure it was once again back up. While at first I felt like Jung Ho had the upper hand in the affair, as in having something against Eun Soo which would force her to have affair with him, but later on it seemed it was more of her than him, the way she threatened him that she would reveal everything to her husband and all this would stop. So I am not too sure how exactly they are connected. Also the fact that he calls her Eun Ho and saved her number as that is creepy. I could have missed it, but did they say that Eun Soo had a twin sister? Because I don't remember it, but then again, I watched ep 1 two weeks ago. So I would be glad if someone would tell if she did have a twin sister, and also if they revealed why Jung Ho had a restraining order.

Seems like a lot of things happened that night of murder, and some of them are either connected to the murder, or did something which they wouldn't really want to be revealed that night. For now, it looks like Seo Gi Tae's son (don't remember his name), hit the kid with his car. But I think it is a red herring, and they hit someone/something else actually. Like, I don't think he actually hit Jun Young, instead he thinks he hit someone, both of them were high, so I wouldn't believe much. I think they could have actually witnessed the accident and didn't do anything which is why he is feeling guilty. 

On the other hand Eun Soo was also doing something which she wouldn't want her son to remember? She seemed rather worried when he said he remembered what happened that night, and the kid himself observed it too that she was more relieved when he said he didn't remember it all. We know Jung Ho was calling her that night as well, so were they busy in some ahem business when this happened, and she is scared if her son saw it? Well, that woman is not as pure as she shows herself, so I actually wouldn't be shocked if she does know something about the incident and is not revealing it, but I still doubt that she did that to Jung Young. 

Of course Soo Hyun has faked his suicide/disappearance or maybe he did try to kill himself but somehow ended up surviving (but it would be out of character for him to try to end things at this point when he is more desperate for answers). Is he pulling another trick of his? I think he has got the idea of Eun Soo having an affair, with who, I am not sure, but he surely has got solid doubts. I wonder if he is also doubting the detective dude, that guy was seen entering a car putting his phone on airplane mode soon after meeting up with Soo Hyun, so I do think he is also not on his side, and it could be one of the reasons Soo Hyun is not revealing much to him as well. 

I read the comments about Mi Do not being blind, and I believe there is a chance that she is not. The scene where JH was looking at Eun Ho's pics, it felt as if she could see it, and while she was speaking soon after I felt the same. I wonder how she will fit in the plot here. She is clearly pregnant, not sure if JH knows about it or not, and if she really is not blind, she must have seen Eun Ho and Eun Soo in Jun Young's 3rd day rite. 

All things seem to be kinda irrelevant, but I feel most of them will definitely connect at one point. I wonder if in the end Soo Hyun will confess about what actually happened when the young girl was murdered, in his show and then step down. He said to the detective dude, that all three of them are connected to Chairman Seo, so I believe there is a high chance that Chairman Seo could have had a hand in that murder case as well. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Also the fact that he calls her Eun Ho and saved her number as that is creepy. I could have missed it, but did they say that Eun Soo had a twin sister? Because I don't remember it, but then again, I watched ep 1 two weeks ago.

The story of Eun Heo the twin sister of Eun Seo and Jang Ho has not been clarified. If Jang Ho and Eun Ho are the parents of Yeon Woo, were they married? How is it that Jang Ho lost  custody of Yeon Woo and adopted by Eun Seo and Soo Hyun. What happened between Eun Heo and Jang Ho and how did Eun Heo die? The only reason I knew about Eun Heo is from reading the posts. I think since Jang Ho is becoming more demanding and obsessed, we might see his and Eun Heo's story clarified in the next episodes. Seo Ki Tae suspects Assembly Hwang had stolen the slush funds. Moon Do the personal secy of HKT seem to be loyal to SKT but he has an affair with SKT's wife even though  it seems he is disrespectful to her outside of the "trysts". He wears brown shoes and in the beginning episodes when Soo Hyun went to deliver the ransom to the kidnapper in the abandoned building, he was knocked down unconscious and the ransom money stolen from him. But before he became unconscious he was able to see the shoes worn by the assailant and they were brown crocodile shoes same as the shoes Moon Do was wearing when he delivered a message from SKT to Soo Hyun the next day, same shoe color and design worn by Assemblyman Hwang when he went home bloodied. Choi owns an Investment Company and manages the "funds" of Seo Ki Tae. He seems genuinely affected by the death of Joon Young. Hwang is blackmailing him for money where we see Choi deliver a suitcase of money to Hwang. Whoever got the ransom money killed Dong PIl. So the mastermind of the botched kidnapping was supposedly Dong Pil who wanted money in exchange for the list of slush funds but he is dead. For the 2nd time Dong Pil was sacrificed, first when he was imprisoned wrongly and 2nd when he was killed and made made a scapegoat for the botched kidnapping. Every one in Royal Hill now know that Dong Pil was killed by whoever got the ransom money and the slush fund list. Whoever has the list of slush funds used Dong Pil to get the ransom money, the slush fund list then killed him. The kidnapping and killing of Joon Young, was it related to the slush funds and a case of mistaken identity or was it deliberate and has nothing to do with slush funds but switching of the 2 children to revenge a personal grudge and the kidnapping and ransom money to hide the real reason for the kidnapping? Eun Seo says, she will do what she has to do to protect her family. For me, it seems she is the most likely one to have a lot to lose if the slush funds were stolen and revealed, her father imprisoned and his empire destroyed,  and losing her husband to her "friend" who had an affair with her and produced a son.

Anyhow, Seo Ki Tae got the computers, drives and sticks of the now dead reporter Park therefore he knows what reporter Park knows including the kidnapper. Is that why he told Moon Do to prepare to send Jung Wook and his wife to the US and why he called Hwang to his home asking where the slush fund list was? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

@lila21, @Sleepy Owl @greezlybee  @CarolynH  @Nanana85

Thanks for your details sharing of opinion for this drama, it is interesting to see different theories.

At this moment, we roughly know who are the good guys and bad guys and their motives, except one or two are still in gray areas, such as Policy officer Sim Seok-Hun and the blind girl, Lee Mi-Do.

I am more keen to find out the process of that night, I still think that there is no initial plan of killing Joon-Young (none of them plan to do so, it was an unexpected tragedy), probably kidnapping him first and it was a mistake by Dong Pil taking the wrong child (he probably planned to kidnap Yeon-Woo), or later it became a exchange deal with Eun Soo/Seo TK. That's why Baek Yeon-Woo could come back home safely although he couldn't recall that night what was happened. Eun Soo felt relief when her son told her that he couldn't remember the exact details on that night. Like @lila21, there may be a switch of the child on that night, and Joon Young unfortunately knocked down by the car and his body probably moved by someone. 

@lila21 i like your theory mentioning that the blind girl may be linked up to that dead girl who sank into the river many year ago. If she is a close relative or sister of a dead girl, then that could explain why she came back with a reason for revenge that probably tied up with the three guys : Soo Hyun, Sim and Dong Pil. But again this is just a speculation.  :D

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

@lila21 Is Yeon Woo really not their son? I doubt it actually, I think he is. If he wouldn't be their son, then I believe it would be the chairman who would be raising him, or at least we wouldn't see Soo Hyun and chairman fighting over him, since in the end, the custody would be with the chairman and not Eun Seo or Soo Hyun. At the same time, I think many would already know that he is not son, and among them we would have CSY as well. So if, Yeon Woo wasn't really Soo Hyun and Eun Seo's son and he was actually Jung Ho and Eun Ho's son, then I believe we would see CSY go after Soo Hyun more caring for someone else's son who he raised, but not caring much about his own son. But, if they actually showed somewhere in drama that he is not their son, then do tell me if I missed things. 

We can argue though, that Yeon Woo could be Eun Seo and Jung Ho's son, since there is a chance that Eun Seo's affair started at the same time as Soo Hyun and CSY's did, and so they both got pregnant around the same time, which would suggest them being around the same age. So if this is the case, then both Eun Seo and Jung Ho must be knowing about it, but not Soo Hyun. 

Talking about Eun Seo and Jung Ho, its clear that there is no real feeling involved in their affair. I am not really sure what is happening there, we always see Eun Seo feeling guilty after meeting up with Jung Ho, but still continuing to meet him, and that dude is delusional enough to always think he is with Eun Ho instead when he is with her. So I am not really sure why Eun Seo is really having an affair here. That's why I thought he must be having something big against her, but let's see. I am sure we will know more of Eun Seo, Eun Ho and Jung Ho.

This is not genre, otherwise I would bring in the theory of Eun Seo actually being Eun Ho and having replaced her, and the real twin that died would be Eun Seo, but no, this madness won't happen in this drama :loolz:

I wonder if SKT really knows that his wife and secretary are having an affair, and just ignoring it since the secretary dude is otherwise doing a fine job. Although I don't see SKT as the type of guy forgive the betrayers, but I still think that the old dude knows a lot more than he actually reveals. Like I feel like he knows about Eun Seo and Jung Ho's affair, and that is why he told her to be careful to not cause trouble in 5th or 6th episode when they were together and she was getting calls from Gallery a.k.a Jung Ho. Knowing him, I really do think he must have someone keep an eye on his daughter as well. 

What I really think is though, the murder and kidnapping are 2 different things. Not sure why, but I get this feeling. Like Jun Young either happened to be at the wrong place at wrong time, and ended up seeing something he shouldn't have seen, or his death was really an accident. But if his death was really an accident, the body wouldn't be abandoned in a place easy to see. But I still wonder if that is the case. Maybe Seok Pil planned the whole kidnapping, let his son lose after getting the money, and was later on killed. I am not too sure about it. Or Seok Pil actually planned it, but was caught before it, and the party who caught him took the money. 

As for the entertainment reporter, I had actually expected more from him. I was kinda disappointed by his moves. But the people he contacted were, Chairman Seo, Soo Hyun and CSY. We know Soo Hyun didn't sell him out, and I doubt CSY did either, so it leaves Chairman Seo. And someone else knew about it too, SKT's secretary, so someone among them only ordered his killing. Chairman Seo, I don't think would order something like this, he would instead invite him over saying he would buy the info and do whatever he wanted to at his place. But the entertainment reporter really had it coming since as Chairman Seo said, "He became too greedy". 

• Like 4

@Sleepy OwlI read in the spoilers reply to me of viewers who read the Japanese novel or watched the Jdrama version.

Spoiler

"This Kdrama is an adaptation of the Jdrama/novel version. In the J version Yeon Woo is the son of  Eun Seo and Jang Ho, but here he is her twin sister's Eon Ho and Jang Ho's son. I don't know if it will follow the main plot exactly or have a twist. IMO, the theme may be same but here they have changed many things and I think someone who is a victim of Soo Hyun's silence in the past is the mastermind."

That is how Yeon Woo is related directly to Seo Ki Tae. He has no blood relation to Soo Hyun. I have asked viewers who saw the Jdrama or read the novel to share. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, lila21 said:

@Sleepy OwlI read in the spoilers reply to me of viewers who read the Japanese novel or watched the Jdrama version.

Let's see Chingu, since I have seen the Kdrama guys changing the plot sometimes. It would make more sense if Jung Ho would be her ex-husband and Yeon Woo their son. It would make sense for her to have divorce and win the kid's custody and they put restraining order on the dude from meeting the kid, since he must have done some crazy stuff back then during the divorce. 

But then again, the above alternative would also not really fit in the plot. So let's see how they will connect the two. Maybe Yeon Woo is really Jung Ho and Eun Ho's son and chairman asked Eun Seo and Soo Hyun to either raise him up as their own child when their kid died in the accident, or well, he is Eun Seo and Jung Ho's son from their affair. 

Either way, I don't think it will affect the overall main plotline.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 9:35 AM, vienvien said:

Her father would have told her the grandson was at his place ( if she wasnt the one who planned the death)

She called the police cos she knew her child was safe. They were told not to inform or the child will be killed. 

I think she is involved somewhat.

@vienvien you have a very good point. She admitted she called the police.

When she was in police car with Soo Hyun being driven to the crime scene Soo Hyun was hysterical but not Eon Seo. She already knew her child was safe. 

11 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But then again, the above alternative would also not really fit in the plot. So let's see how they will connect the two. Maybe Yeon Woo is really Jung Ho and Eun Ho's son and chairman asked Eun Seo and Soo Hyun to either raise him up as their own child when their kid died in the accident, or well, he is Eun Seo and Jung Ho's son from their affair. 

@Sleepy OwlI went back to the beginning and you are right the drama has not clarified yet the mother of Yeon Woo. The only thing in their first time we see them together at a hotel, Jang Ho calls Eun Seo by the name of Eun Heo. That still does not say who the mother of Yeon Woo is.  It just shows us that Jang Ho is not emotionally or mentally fit to see that ES is not EH but does not clarify that EH or ES is the mother of Yeon Woo.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, lila21 said:

@Sleepy OwlI went back to the beginning and you are right the drama has not clarified yet the mother of Yeon Woo. The only thing in their first time we see them together at a hotel, Jang Ho calls Eun Seo by the name of Eun Heo. That still does not say who the mother of Yeon Woo is.  It just shows us that Jang Ho is not emotionally or mentally fit to see that ES is not EH but does not clarify that EH or ES is the mother of Yeon Woo.

Yeon Woo being Jung Ho's son actually makes sense if we think about the first time we saw Jung Ho in the drama. He visited the house, Eun Soo's first reaction was to look at Yeon Woo. Then the whole dinner scene and Jung Ho claiming "I have the right to see him" when Soo Hyun told him that he cannot see Yeon Woo as Yeon Woo is sleeping. To me, it actually felt kinda strange, but if we do think that Yeon Woo was his son whose custody he lost to chairman Seo, I think this would explain why Jung Ho reacted like that and said that thing when he wasn't allowed to see Yeon Woo.

• Like 3

@Sleepy Owl @lila21

As far as I understand Soo Hyun and Eun Soo lost their son in the car accident. Yeon Woo is definitely Jang Ho's son and may be Eun Ho (which I guess is Eun Soo's twin sister) is his biological mom. Jang Ho call Eun Soo as sis-in-law and he isn't Soo Hyun's brother. In Jun Yeong's third day rite, Jang Ho mentions to CSY that they first met on Eun Ho's funeral and since he calls Eun Soo as Eun Ho, i definitely think they are twins but am not sure which twin died, did Eun Ho take on Eun Soo's identity?

Spoiler

As far as Japanese one goes, it was TV movie not series. There Eun Soo uses Jang Ho to get rid of Jun Yeong as she knew that he is her husband's son. Fuji TV Drama Special 2016 ~ Ichi no Higeki | Jdrama Weblog (wordpress.com)

There are many differences like in the Japanese one, the ML is a mystery writer and here Soo Hyun is an anchor. There I dont think any twin sister is involved. The plot is inspired by Ichi No Higeki but not an exact copy of all the events.

I gathered more info by reading other's comments. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

26 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

As far as I understand Soo Hyun and Eun Soo lost their son in the car accident. Yeon Woo is definitely Jang Ho's son and may be Eun Ho (which I guess is Eun Soo's twin sister) is his biological mom. Jang Ho call Eun Soo as sis-in-law and he isn't Soo Hyun's brother. In Jun Yeong's third day rite, Jang Ho mentions to CSY that they first met on Eun Ho's funeral and since he calls Eun Soo as Eun Ho, i definitely think they are twins but am not sure which twin died, did Eun Ho take on Eun Soo's identity?

Chingu, I would actually be disappointed if Eun Ho took Eun Soo's identity, since it wouldn't really make sense, and would require some really great writing for this to happen. You see, we have Soo Hyun who notices slightest of the facial expressions and can tell whether the person is lying or not. So I would be really shocked if someone would suddenly replace his wife. This is of course in the case Eun Ho died when Eun Soo and Soo Hyun were already married and lost their son in the car accident. 

On the other hand, if Eun Soo actually died before Eun Soo and Soo Hyun really met, and Eun Ho took her identity then also it wouldn't make sense in my opinion. Since what would she really gain by doing it. Would she get away from her psycho husband? She is having an affair with him. So I don't think the replacement happened here. 

But I do think that Eun Soo and Jang Ho's affair must be going back to the same time around which Soo Hyun and CSY's affair started. Again, I don't think Yeon Woo is Eun Soo and Jang Ho's son since when Jang Ho acted that way at the dinner table, Soo Hyun clearly knew what he meant. So it means Soo Hyun does know Yeon Woo is Jang Ho's son. It might also explain Soo Hyun's flashback where Jang Ho caught his collar in the broadcast station and was dragged away by the security, since I believe he wanted his son back. 

I checked back the episodes on super FF to see the references of Eun Soo and Eun Ho being twins, and found out that the pics Jang Ho was seeing back in his home on the screen could actually be Eun Ho's pictures and would explain how he is still not over her death. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

@Sleepy Owl @lila21

i definitely think they are twins but am not sure which twin died, did Eun Ho take on Eun Soo's identity?

This is an interesting catch here. If EH took over ES identity (since they are twin), then that explains why Jang Ho kept calling her "Eun Ho" in the night, hahaha, then did the story reveal why EH die on earlier ep? is she died of sickness or car crash or...? Anyone recall? 

If the Japanese version is different from this drama, then it make it more interesting to solve the mysterious game :D

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

then did the story reveal why EH die on earlier ep? is she died of sickness or car crash or...? Anyone recall? 

Only Eun Ho's funeral was mentioned. Apart from that nothing else. It wasn't even mentioned if Eun soo has any sister or own brother apart from druggie half sibling. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3