[Drama 2021] The Road: The Tragedy of One, 더 로드: 1의 비극

larus

Wait, what?  The boy who was murdered is the son of BSH and CHS?  :wut:  I suspected that the boy who was killed was not his son with Eun Soo only because it's too soon in the drama for something like that to happen.

I forgot to ask this yesterday.  Is there anything to BSH taking that medication?  He takes a lot, like it's candy.  He took it twice, maybe when he's stressed.  

Off to finish rewatching ep 1 and starting ep 2.  Looking forward to reading more your theories!

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, jongski said:

Then there's the brother of Soo Hyun.. which I'm confused because he knows  Soo Hyun's secret and lies. But wait..... don't tell me he's  the real father of Yeon Woo????

Yep even I feel Yeon Woo is not Baek Soo Hyun's biological son. Either he is Eun Soo's and this brother's son (which will be quite awkward and too much) or he may be this brother's and some on else's child. I remember Eun Soo said they lost Yeon Woo when he was a baby or at a younger age. Did they lose their own son and this Yeon Woo they adopted? As for the kidnapping and the culprit, it is too early to say anything. At this point, I don't believe any character including BSH. But whoever is the culprit knows that Yeon Woo is not his son but the other boy. He or she always said that his son will be killed.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

20 hours ago, lila21 said:
23 hours ago, jongski said:

I think Se Ra  knows that Joon Young is not her brother and I think Lawyer Choi, the husband knows. At the viewing in the morgue, he just stood there not even looking or touching the child while Seo Young was screaming bent over her child in agony. I now think that Seo Ki Tae, lawyer Choi and the politician were all in on the plan but I don't know if Choi Nam Kyu, the husband wanted the child to be killed. As for the father in law, Seo Ki Tae, would he really want a child killed? Does he know the real father of the child?  How about Se Ra and her friend? Does Seo Ki Tae know that her right hand man and concubine are lovers? 

@lila21  It's a merry go round affair for sure.  Soo Hyun and  Seo Yeon was was the first couple and had a joon young first then for someone not yet know reasons, Soo Hyun  married Eun Soo who  probably was involve with the brother Jang Ho  then she got pregnant. SH having ambitions married Eun Soo being the daughter of chairman Seo. Was real feelings involve or it's all for a purpose.  Eun Soo is suffering from a trauma which we don't know what's it about.

Meanwhile, the chairman, the lawyer, the politician are all involve in the killing of the child in some ways. IMO, don't think the Seo Ki tae would want  a child killed..whether its joon young or yeon wooo.

For Se Ra and the Joon Wook (mistress son.. is SKT the father? he said he added JW in the family registry). They have grudges. They know more I think.

The most intriguing....... Seo Ki Tae mistress and his right hand is having affair. I don't her tbh, she's after the wealth the power SKT has, and wanted to be part of the will.

Soo Hyun's past and Eun Soo's trauma, andf Seo Yeon affair  needs a flashback.

The affair of mistress and the righthand man. I was expecting  crime thriller at most :lol:

Awkward.

E8H7sLsXIAIa9gv?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

42 minutes ago, jongski said:

For Se Ra and the Joon Wook (mistress son.. is SKT the father? he said he added JW in the family registry). They have grudges. They know more I think.

The most intriguing....... Seo Ki Tae mistress and his right hand is having affair. I don't her tbh, she's after the wealth the power SKT has, and wanted to be part of the will.

He put the mistress son under family registry with a promise from the mistress not to open her mouth and be quiet as a mouse. I would think that Seo Ki Tae would have a DNA test done before including the child in the family registry and in return he wanted concubine to be quiet as a mouse. He called the son "dirty laundry" and did not want him attending the party. Seo Ki Tae is someone is strictly believes in maintaining blood line. So, he must have made sure that Joon Wook is his son?? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, jongski said:

Soo Hyun  married Eun Soo who  probably was involve with the brother Jang Ho  then she got pregnant.

Is Jang Ho really Seo Hyun's brother? They have different last names. And Jang Ho had a restricted access ban to see Yeong Woo but the ban was lifted. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Yep even I feel Yeon Woo is not Baek Soo Hyun's biological son. Either he is Eun Soo's and this brother's son (which will be quite awkward and too much) or he may be this brother's and some on else's child. I remember Eun Soo said they lost Yeon Woo when he was a baby or at a younger age. Did they lose their own son and this Yeon Woo they adopted?

Who is the brother of Baek Soo Hyun is it Jang Ho because they have different names, unless they are half brothers. Regarding YW, he was gone missing when he was a baby but they got him back was how interpreted that scene in episode 1. I don't think Seo Ki Tae would make him the heir if he was adopted. Remember that Seo Ki Tae cares greatly about legitimate bloodline.   

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, lila21 said:

Who is the brother of Baek Soo Hyun is it Jang Ho because they have different names, unless they are half brothers. Regarding YW, he was gone missing when he was a baby but they got him back was how interpreted that scene in episode 1. I don't think Seo Ki Tae would make him the heir if he was adopted. Remember that Seo Ki Tae cares greatly about legitimate bloodline. 

Yeah at this point it is not clear whether they are brothers or not, I assumed it because he said sister-in-law to Eun Soo (my bad). So that means Yeon Woo is Eun Soo and Jang Ho's son then? Aah complicated relations. I wonder if Baek Soo Hyun betrayed Eun Soo or that affair with his son's mom (I dont know her name) happened before his marriage. 

Spoiler

If they follow the novel, then yes, Yeon Woo is Soo Hyun's brother's son. Yeon Woo's mother died when giving birth to him

Credit to hugo1705 in another forum.

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 6
  • Awesome 1

43 minutes ago, pompyavi said:
  Hide contents

I

Spoiler

f they follow the novel, then yes, Yeon Woo is Soo Hyun's brother's son. Yeon Woo's mother died when giving birth to him

So, you read the novel. Thank you for putting your comments under hidden contents. For those who read the novel, I hope you put your comments about the drama that has not been told in the present episodes of this drama under spoilers for us who have not seen or read the original. Thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Watch: Yoon Se Ah, Ji Jin Hee, And More Banter Playfully On Set Of “The Road: The Tragedy Of One”

87d5099209fa40688809300f977ba64b.jpeg?s=

Aug 9, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “The Road: The Tragedy of One” released a new behind-the-scenes video!

“The Road: The Tragedy of One” is a mystery drama about a tragic incident that takes place one night in the pouring rain—and the silence and cover-up that ensue, giving rise to many entangled secrets and leaving further tragedies in their wake.

Ji Jin Hee will star in the drama as Baek Soo Hyun, Korea’s most trusted anchor, who is famous for only speaking the truth even amidst pressure from powerful forces. Yoon Se Ah will star as his wife Seo Eun Soo, who is the daughter of Seo Gi Tae (Chun Ho Jin), the chairman of one of Korea’s biggest conglomerates.

The making-of video begins with Yoon Se Ah trying to undo the buttons on Ji Jin Hee’s shirt. However, they struggle, causing Ji Jin Hee to reveal, “This is how I feel. This is how Soo Hyun feels.”

In another clip, Ahn Nae Sang is informed about the scene, and he comments, “Our drama really has a lot of curious aspects. You can’t react simply to our drama. I don’t have an ex-wife, do I?” He continues, “This is probably my worst drama. I think this is my first time playing such a role.” Kim Hye Eun asks, “Do you hate me that much?” and Ahn Nae Sang replies, “Ask the viewers.” Nevertheless, Ahn Nae Sang gets concerned for Kim Hye Eun while filming, telling her to be careful not to get hurt while acting.

After Kim Hye Eun hums a song, Ahn Nae Sang claps and shares, “We can’t not clap after hearing Seoul National University music,” referring to the fact that Kim Hye Eun graduated from Seoul National University.

While filming the party scene, Yoon Se Ah sweetly takes care of her on-screen son Kim Min Joon. Ji Jin Hee joins them and also looks after the child actor. When Kim Min Joon offers him chocolate, Ji Jin Hee shares, “I can’t. I’d be in big trouble if I eat this. I’m holding back right now. I could eat everything.” Ji Jin Hee shares that he wanted to eat spicy rice cakes yesterday, but he couldn’t because it was too late. Kim Min Joon sweetly comforts him after hearing the story.

During the dinner scene, Yoon Se Ah whispers to Ji Jin Hee to question why the production team is continuously moving around the table in circles. Ji Jin Hee teases her by repeating what Yoon Se Ah asked out loud, causing Yoon Se Ah to angrily yell, “Honey! I will get revenge.”

Kang Sung Min calls Son Yeo Eun an old-style person for waving when she sees the making-of camera. Kang Sung Min shares that one has to pretend that being filmed is part of one’s everyday life to appear young. Yoon Se Ah quickly gives up and excitedly waves to the camera with Son Yeo Eun.

At the end of the video, Lee Jong Hyuk makes a special appearance in the drama. He shares, “Since I’m originally close to Ji Jin Hee, I filmed comfortably. If all goes well, it’s due to Ji Jin Hee.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482859wpp/watch-yoon-se-ah-ji-jin-hee-and-more-banter-playfully-on-set-of-the-road-the-tragedy-of-one

• Like 4

Hello everyone 

I have questions???
 Are they having an affair because when she was meeting the Chief, she seemed to be fixing her hair. Lol When h** *** died, her grief seemed real and fake at the same time. Once she made a deal with Cheater I was disgusted by this character. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dfd99e3efaed5fed05

she also slept with this guy 

Spoiler

Great acting and directing 

So I am guessing that Yeon Woo isn’t Soo Hyun biological son??? Am I right ??

• Like 4

@Unnisarah.

It's hinted.. but with the chief's line.... " Is that all I meant to you?".....  possibly.

As for tears being real but also fake. We didn't get to see how Seo Young was as  mother to son. I felt there's no warmth unlike Eun Soo to her son. Thought Seo Young did instruct her to make sure her child also wore proper suit just Eun Soo's son.

Ji Jin Hee character as news anchor fits him. Terrific acting as always.

E8HY6oxVUAEeIyt?format=jpg&name=small

cto/tv/twtr

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jongski said:

It's hinted.. but with the chief's line.... " Is that all I meant to you?".....  possibly.

Hi chingu @jongski  Seo Eun Soo is a great mom. She loves her husband and I wonder how far she will go to protect him. Her hubby has so many secret and it scares me. I know he loves his wife and Yeon Woo. He is very protective of them. 
I get the feeling although SH is always fighting his FIL. I think if they are all threatened they will all unite as one and protect each other. 

• Like 4

The Road: Tragedy of One: Episode 1

by selena

ROAD01-00220.jpg

A popular news anchor shakes up the nation with a broadcast revealing dirty secrets of some powerful people. He pours all of his energy into this investigation, hoping to obtain enough evidence to make a difference. However, when family gets involved, our anchorman will need to reevaluate his priorities.

Note: This is a first episode recap only.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

ROAD01-00001.jpg

Deep within a tranquil forest, an unsuspecting deer is shot down by a hunter. BAEK SOO-HYUN (Ji Jin-hee) approaches the wounded animal as its mother flees the scene. The hunter is Chairman SEO KI-TAE (Chun Ho-jin) of Jegang Group, Soo-hyun’s father-in-law.

They don’t exactly see eye-to-eye, with Chairman Seo commenting that it’s in the deer’s nature to leave their dying young — something one must overcome to become someone great. Soo-hyun’s here to advise Chairman Seo to give up because “it” will be on the news later. It’s his job as a news anchor to report the story.

The chairman claims that his beliefs can hurt people, and kills off the deer to demonstrate that it’s best to get rid of pain before it begins. Soo-hyun picks up the abandoned rifle and aims it at Chairman Seo. After an intense stare-off, he shoots the doe that returned for her child to show that he sees things through to the very end.

ROAD01-00002.jpg

One day before the abduction.

The BSN News Night team debrief on a case. Two weeks prior, they were sent copies of Jegang Group’s slush fund accounts and evidence that the corporation sent illegal campaign funds to Assemblyman HWANG TAE-SEOB (Kim Roe-ha).

It’s a huge scandal that has prosecutors, police, and assembly members hoping to prevent the original files from being released. The whistle-blower is a nightclub CEO named Kim Seok-pil who was previously investigated for sponsoring prosecutors. It’s believed that he’s releasing the information to take everyone down with him.

Seok-pil contacted Chairman Seo after sending the files to them, indicating his willingness to join forces with whoever can help him more. Soo-hyun decides to make this public tonight and force him to join their side.

The higher ups aren’t happy with Soo-hyun and an executive angrily demands him to drop the story. Chief of the news department Kwon Yeo-jin advises Soo-hyun to slow things down, and Soo-hyun is suspicious of her when she asks whether he has the original files.

When News Night goes live that night, Soo-hyun reminds the audience of a situation that they reported on six months ago. A Gangnam club owner was caught sponsoring a high-ranking prosecutor with dirty money, leading to the resignation of the public prosecutor general. It was an example of society putting money first and ignoring social justice.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/the-road-tragedy-of-one-episode-1/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I have questions???
 Are they having an affair because when she was meeting the Chief, she seemed to be fixing her hair. Lol When h** *** died, her grief seemed real and fake at the same time. Once she made a deal with Cheater I was disgusted by this character. 

8 hours ago, jongski said:

@Unnisarah.

Guys, I looked at that scene again because I thought there was something off,  then I thought hmmmmmm, looks like it. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

The Road: Tragedy of 1' Ji Jin-hee X Yoon Se-ah X Kim Hye-eun special poster released...Where will the tragedy end?

22Q5BMX5TI_1.jpg

The Road: Tragedy of 1' How will the tragedies of Ji Jin-hee, Yoon Se-ah, and Kim Hye-eun be unraveled?

On the 11th, tvN’s Wed-Thu drama ‘The Road: Tragedy of 1’ (played by Yoon Hee-jung / directed by Kim No-won) released a special poster expressing the situation in which Baek Soo-hyun (Ji Jin-hee), Seo Eun-soo (Yun Se-ah), and Cha Seo-young (Kim Hye-eun) were in a tragedy.

In the released special poster, Baek Soo-hyun is holding a cell phone with the message 'No caller information'. The kidnapper who called him in the last broadcast left a meaningful statement that everything was due to his mistake, and Baek Soo-hyun also said, "I ran away for a long time, but it is still somewhere between the forest and the border where the forest ends." It has been hinted at, stimulating curiosity about what might have happened in his past.

Seo Eun-soo, wearing a pure white dress and shoes, is holding his hand tightly as if trying to hide her trembling. As a wife who loves her husband and son more than anyone else, her warm smile as her mother makes her curious about what she is afraid of as she is cool and full of anxiety wherever she goes. .

Cha Seo-young is sitting alone in her chair with her legs crossed and watching her as if watching everything. With the colorful accessories that always stand out, showing her desire to go higher, attention is being paid to how long her pompous figure can last.

In addition, a single ray of light crossing the three people creates a path as if inviting them into a narrow gate. Like the phrase “the moment the truth is swallowed, the tragedy began”, in the tragedy that has already begun, we look forward to what will be at the end of the path Baek Soo-hyeon, Seo Eun-soo, and Cha Seo-young will walk.

'The Road: Tragedy of 1' is a mystery drama depicting a story in which a terrible and tragic event takes place on a heavy rain night, and silence, avoidance, and secrets intertwined like a thread lead to another tragedy.

In the last broadcast, an incident occurred when national anchor Baek Soo-hyun was abducted while he was preparing a special report on the corruption of politics and business that would shake the Republic of Korea. His wife Seo Eun-soo collapsed in shock, but the kidnapped and killed child was revealed to be Choi Joon-yeong (Nam Ki-won), the son of her colleague Cha Seo-young. However, the secret that Choi Jun-young was Baek Soo-hyun's biological son was revealed, bringing another twist.

The production team said, “From now on, Baek Soo-hyun’s desperate pursuit to correct the tragedy begins. Meanwhile, the third episode of tvN's 'The Road: Tragedy of 1' will be broadcast at 10:50 pm on the 11th.

(Google translate)

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/22Q5BMX5TI

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Ji Jin Hee And Kim Hye Eun Face Off In “The Road: The Tragedy Of One”

bec2e966c96e46cf82596da438071c63.jpeg?s=

Aug 11, 2021
by E. Cha

Get ready for more conflict and intrigue on tvN’s “The Road: The Tragedy of One”!

“The Road: The Tragedy of One” is a new mystery drama about a tragic incident that takes place one night in the pouring rain—and the silence and cover-up that ensue, giving rise to many entangled secrets and leaving further tragedies in their wake.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Road: The Tragedy of One,” the drama shocked viewers by revealing that Baek Soo Hyun (played by Ji Jin Hee) was secretly the biological father of his fellow anchor Cha Seo Young (Kim Hye Eun)’s son Joon Young, who died after being kidnapped instead of Baek Soo Hyun’s son Yeon Woo.

In order to achieve their own ends, Baek Soo Hyun and Cha Seo Young agreed to temporarily hide the fact that it was Joon Young that had been kidnapped instead of Yeon Woo—even in spite of Cha Seo Young’s blatant animosity toward Baek Soo Hyun.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming third episode, the two ambitious anchors share a tense confrontation after meeting alone in Baek Soo Hyun’s room. Cha Seo Young looks poised and defiant as she gazes challengingly at Baek Soo Hyun, who appears to be glaring back at her in fury.

Adding to the suspense is a photo of Baek Soo Hyun’s worried wife Seo Eun Soo (Yoon Se Ah), who is unable to hide her nervousness as she waits outside the room.

Ji-Jin-Hee-Kim-Hye-Eun.jpeg

Ji-Jin-Hee.jpeg

Meanwhile, other stills capture a suspicious encounter between Kwon Yeo Jin, Baek Soo Hyun’s boss at BSN (played by Baek Ji Won), and his powerful father-in-law Seo Gi Tae (Chun Ho Jin), the chairman of one of Korea’s biggest conglomerates.

Baek Soo Hyun previously began suspecting Kwon Yeo Jin of hiding a shady secret when she repeatedly asked him whether he’d been able to secure the evidence that he needed for his exposé on corruption.

In the new photos, the network executive cowers in fear while meeting with the intimidating Seo Gi Tae, who stares her down menacingly during their conversation.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483299wpp/ji-jin-hee-and-kim-hye-eun-face-off-in-the-road-the-tragedy-of-one

• Like 4

I am waiting for the full subs on episode 3, because there is a lot more information on each of the characters, but even with uncompleted subs, it seems that fidelity to spouse is not important and partner swapping is just a normal occurrence. What about the all powerful magnate Seo Ki Tae, who has an elaborate lab where he dissects animals. What is he a Dr. Frankenstein?

So, the child of Soo Hyun and Eun Soo died during a car accident. So whose child is Yeon Woo? Since Seo Ki Tae is a stickler for bloodline, Yeon Woo must be Eun Soo's child. The ending of the episode showed that Eun Soo and Jang Ho had an affair? In that case Yeon Woo's father must be Jang Ho? 

And lawyer Choi going back to the crime scene. He seems to be the most docile character here yet it is only in appearance. They say that a criminal always visits the scene of the crime but it must be that he went their to mourn? He read the grisly autopsy report which described the horrific beating of the child before he died and then he went went to lay down on the fallen autumn leaves and cried. However, we also see him viewing a phone camera of the Assemblyman Hwang being beaten. Hwang went home with a bloody shirt on the night of the killing. Did Choi suspect Hwang? But then Choi also in an earlier episode gave Hwang a case full of money. 

Seo Young is ferociously ambitious and desperately wants to be loved that she uses her her body, her only weapon, to fulfill her goals on anyone whom she thinks can give her what she wants. I am surprised she did not think of seducing the most powerful of them all Seo Ki Tae. But then he would have seen through her desperation 

As for Soo Hyun, he keeps running and running thinking that he is going somewhere but all he has to do is stop running and have the courage to face himself and his past because he is not running from anybody but from himself. 

The last scene though implied at first that Soo Hyun was going to meet Miss desperado Seo Young whom we see undressing and waiting for him but then we see him at the lobby or hallway looking surprised as he sees his wife in the same hotel? Did wifey listen in to the conversation of Seo Young making a desperate deal with Soo Hyun to sleep with her or else and arranged to do the same with her lover at the same hotel. A tit for a tat? It is funny though how Soo Hyun got nauseous and vomited at the thought sleeping with Miss Desperado. 

Sera was hanging out at the scary "white house" with her friends when the boys went there on the night of the party. It was only Joon Young who entered and saw Sera and her friends partying. Sera's friend though was too drunk or drugged out he was unsteady on his feet when he went to find Joon Young and seemed to pass out. 

What was in the garbage bag outside Soo Hyun and Eun Soo's house? Was it a bloody shirt? The wife of Assembly man Hwang collected her husband's bloody shirt, what did she do with it? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Ohmygawd. I'm seeing screenshots spoliers  on twtr of the chief and Seo Young... she bi?! :blink:

Ha. Think I'm gonna check raw later.  Then sub tomrrow.

tvN  twt below: The first  and the last photo still... intriguing. . And y is JJH as BSH he's suave and dapper in a suit then looks rough rugged and tough in casual :wub:

And tvN tweet. Now you know... when you watch the news anchors read off from the prompter.. but just in case they also  hold soft copy :D

t/n: Seeing as the national anchor Baek Soo-hyun

• Like 2