[Drama 2021] The Road: The Tragedy of One, 더 로드: 1의 비극

larus

3 minutes ago, lila21 said:

@Thong Thin I am glad to see more people joining in. Welcome. 

Hello !

I am a fan of JJH and have watched most of his dramas. :glasses:

You guys are ahead of me in the drama  and I wouldn't want to read those spoilers. Will commend here once I have completed each episodes :smiley:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Hello !

I am a fan of JJH and have watched most of his dramas. :glasses:

You guys are ahead of me in the drama  and I wouldn't want to read those spoilers. Will commend here once I have completed each episodes :smiley:

Yes, don't read the spoilers, enjoy piecing the clues together!!! 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

EVENT: Too Stupid To Live

Please join us in electing the characters of kdrama who simply are "too stupid to live". Vote and/or nominate your favourites here:

Your Event Organizers

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth @Lmangla

EVENT: Too Stupid To Live

Please join us in electing the characters of kdrama who simply are "too stupid to live". Vote and/or nominate your favourites here:

Your Event Organizers

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth @Lmangla

• Blob 2

8 hours ago, lila21 said:

Yes, don't read the spoilers, enjoy piecing the clues together!!! 

Just finished Ep 3.... BSH affair with Seo Young..... and finally I get to know why BSH wife gets jittery

when she received phone calls, she too having affair ! :crazymad:

And poor YJ gets killed because he saw what he shouldn't, being in the wrong place at the right time.

To me BSH is more like a cop chasing to get information rather then an anchorman.

WoW !.... Chairmas Seo trying to tame Kwon Yeo-Jin...and will Chairman Seo shocked to know his son  Seo Jung-Wook is on drugs !!!

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

After seeing episode 6-7:

Spoiler

Joonyoung is definitely hit by Jungwook's car, BUT the flashback shows he's alive in a car driven by the Lawmaker Hwang albeit bleeding from the 'crash'. Given the context that the previous episodes given us, we can assume that he is a serial pedophile and the smirk in his face really disturbing. But Hwang confessed to his knowing wife that he didn't kill Joonyoung. AND the scene where Hwang's secretary tries to throw away the paperbag he hid in the car drawer, which turn out to be a single shoe stained with 'bloody' print. For now, we can assume that the shoe belongs to Joonyoung.

Spoiler

There's still no backstory about Soohyun's past where he's supposed to discover a serial killer murdering young girls in abandoned hut. What's the reasons behind his resentment towards Chairman Seo? We can see in the flashback during the scene where young Soohyun and Sim Seokhun visiting Yoon Dongpil in detention for suspicion over the young girl's disappearance, he glanced toward a car who's passenger seemed to be Chairman Seo. So their ill-fated relationship goes through a long history then. And his conviction on not disclosing the killer's whereabouts or telling the truth to the police, is the killer related to him? And the scene where the young girl's body in the bushes near the lake, does Soohyun dump the body in the water?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

OMG, So Hwang kidnapped Jeon Young and had an accident caused by Jung Wook and Sera. Sera did not help Jeon Young at all? The person who stole the ransom money hit Soo Hyun in the head when he was delivering the money, he thought that he was delivering it to Dong Pil, but  Dong Pil was already dead. Choi Nam Kyu had a suitcase of money delivered to Hwang who it seems was blackmailing him because he must have taken the money invested by Chairman Seo and used it for his own purposes or invested it in a business that failed. Investors in his Fund Management Company were getting nervous. He is also being blackmailed by Hwang. So, it was Choi who killed Dong Pil and stole the "list"? He was the mastermind? Did he know Hwang kidnapped his son and did he know that Hwang was a serial pedophile? Hwang and Choi are sickening. 

The driver of Hwang kept the shoes of Joon Yeong and was crying while indecisive of throwing the shoes in the river. Please don't throw that away. That is evidence. 

Detective Sim met with the Chief Prosecutor? and they decided to re-investigate the kidnapping and death of JY, arrested Jung Wook. I think she remembers more than he does. They got into an accident while they were driving intoxicated and hit Hwang's car with JY in it? The autopsy report though says that not all of the injuries were related to a car accident that some of the wounds were caused by deliberate hits. Now Jung Wook who could not remember anything is under arrest. Will Sera help him? But then JW's mother got involved and was seen or observed as carrying some large package into the basement and then cleaning the fridge and the floors of the basement much later. She may have thought that her son's car accident caused the death of JY and not realize that someone else is involved? Detective Sim, Eun Seo and Soo Hyun know about the autopsy. So they know that other than JW car accident, someone else had kidnapped and hurt JY and it was not JW. He was too drugged to recall anything. 

Jang Ho took pictures of the hotel room when ES left. What is going to do with them?

News Director Kwon took advantage of the missing Soo Hyun to push him out of his position as Lead Anchor of BSN and put Cha Seo Young in there. Kwon was going to accuse him of no evidence of the news he announced that a copy of a list of people were in the slush fund of Seo Ki Tae. Kwon will get him investigated by the news committee and lose his position as lead anchor of BSN and Hwang was going on the news too, to back her up. Cha Seo Young who is ambitious will use that opportunity given to her even though it would ruin Soo Hyun or does she have any other plans?

What happened long ago in that hut? Who was the man with the gun? SH father? How is what happened long ago related to SKT?

Can't wait for the next episode.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

This show is so confusing. I get not giving everything away at once but this is crazy. Did I miss something? Even if ES had a twin sister EH why has NO ONE mentioned her at all? Memorial service? Media mentioning that the chairman lost a daughter? Also is it just me or is Jang Ho(?) creepy, cringey, gross and not at all appealing? Sexual or otherwise.:wut: Also I only just binged what's out now should I bother rewatching or is it pointless?  My thoughts so far is that the serial killer saying shush is the chairman. That's how BSH was able to get into the 1%.  Now I know they usually have the 70 year old actor play their younger self which come on now:surprisedwut: But maybe they used a different actor to throw us off. Poor Dong Pil. Guy can't catch a break. There had to be more dead girls if that was the chairman. Maybe he has another secret room where the blood was coming from in the basement and the wife knows and is covering all bases with the son and the husband. I do like the horrible mother/anchorwoman actress but why does her face look like wax? Too many fillers?  I'm starting to think these women get something done every time they get a new show.  Slow down dang. The only ones I care about is poor Jeun Yong and the other son that went blind.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

@lila21 after watching the latest EP, 7 & 8, there were more information revealing.

1. There is another new character introducing into picture :

Who is Han Pi shiok? The name who shown in the insurance policy? The beneficiary of the insurance policy is Park Sung-Hwan, (the reporter)

What was their connection? What happened on that accident night?

2. Choi Se-Ra thought that she stole the phone and the memory card of the evidence, that made her smart enough to trade off the deal with Seo Ki-Tae --- She was just too naive that she forgot she is dealing with a "Lion".

3. At this moment, I suspect Sim Seok-Hun's motive who has deal directly with Seo Ki Tae and Sim Seok-Hun's assistant (Kim Young-Shin), a young police officer who cannot ignore it. There was twice that the camera using long shot on him. I remember Baek Soo-Hyun while talking on the phone with Sim Seok-Hun, he mentioned that there might be an internal spy working within the police department.

4. Two main lead actresses, until now, I see Seo Eun-Soo was too weak, I thought she was a smart lady that could compete with her friend in terms of mental stability. The reason that may have caused their extramarital affairs is probably because Bai Soo Hyun has been busy with his career, ignoring her needs and wants as his woman and his wife. Cha Seo-Young's look, the more i looked at her face, the more i felt scary due to her "too much of plastic surgery", she has nice figure and good acting though.:D

5. Who was the one sitting in the car that looking out at the three pals during old days? Was it Seo TK?

There are many questions that we need to piece together bit by bit. Hopefully, by the end of the plot, we will see that all loose endings are tightened and answered for us. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

43 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Choi Se-Ra thought that she stole the phone and the memory card of the evidence, that made her smart enough to trade off the deal with Seo Ki-Tae --- She was just too naive that she forgot she is dealing with a "Lion".

@lebeaucoupleHaha, no Columbia University for her, she might go to prison university with Daddy. She is too cocky for her own good.

47 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Two main lead actresses, until now, I see Seo Eun-Soo was too weak, I thought she was a smart lady that could compete with her friend in terms of mental stability. The reason that may have caused their extramarital affairs is probably because Bai Soo Hyun has been busy with his career, ignoring her needs and wants as his woman and his wife. Cha Seo-Young's look, the more i looked at her face, the more i felt scary due to her "too much of plastic surgery", she has nice figure and good acting though.:D

Yeah, Eun Seo has disappointed me as well. I mean she runs to crazy boy whenever she feels insecure. She has a gallery is a famed artist in her own right, but her insecurity is unreasonable involving herself with a nut and her "love" rival and friend knows it, she rubs it in with "i know your husband better than you do". She should not have given that med bottle back to Seo Young, and instead of running around in a panic, wait for hubby to go to her or wait for daddy to find him. As for Cha Seo Young's face, I said that the first time she appeared in the first episode. It erased the facial expressions that an actress needs to emote and I think her lips are too fat. She looks unnatural. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Choi Se Ra somehow got her hands on Seok Pil/Dong Pil's phone and the ended up having the original files, but was too naïve to try to have a deal with Chairman Seo. That old dude is more dangerous than anyone actually thinks he is (maybe only Soo Hyun has the idea about it). While I thought Chairman Seo knew about his wife's affair with his secretary, I was actually shocked when they revealed that he had asked his secretary to have an affair with his wife. I would never really think about it. 

The 2 episodes were actually good. Soo Hyun was just about to end his life, but finding a new lead, he found a reason to continue living. I am sure deep down he had already figured out about his wife's affair too. @lebeaucouple Chingu, I actually thought there more was to Seo Eun Soo and Jang Ho's affair, but by the looks of it with what Jang Ho said in the final few minutes or what Eun Soo was about to say but was cut short by Soo Hyun, it felt it was more of Eun Soo's needs not being fulfilled just like you mentioned. But, I actually believed there would be more to it. That dude is just too creepy, crazy and too delusional actually. I am pretty sure Soo Hyun didn't really shoot at him in the end of the episode, but I still feel, Jang Ho will be pulling something more crazy in the coming episodes. 

So Yeon Woo is indeed Jang Ho and Eun Ho's son, but Jang Ho couldn't take Eun Ho's death and ended up being a drug addict. By the looks of it he gave up Yeon Woo's custody in return of some big amount of money to Chairman Seo. We didn't see Lee Mi Do in this week's episodes, but she was with Jang Ho when the accident happened on the day of kidnapping/murder seeing her stand beside Jang Ho in photo captured of the accident. I still don't think he is the killer here, also I don't really think Se Ra is either for now. She was acting all smart since she happened to get her hands on the phone and original file, but I don't think she was actively involved in the murder.

Now, the last person who saw Joon Young is assemblyman Hwang for now. We do know he is into something really creepy when it comes to kids as suggested by his wife's comments and also as hinted by Kwon Yeo Jin when she presented the USB containing something which could destroy that guy's political career and also his life. Seeing the driver having Joon Young's shoes, I think he actually found it in the car the next day as the one driving the car with Joon Young was assemblyman Hwang himself. Maybe Joon Young tried to runaway from his which could explain his shoe being left in the car. I still don't think he is the murderer though. 

I am still kinda suspicious of the Detective here. It is still not clear on whose side he really is, and Soo Hyun definitely does not trust him either. At this moment, I don't think he trusts many people, maybe only the PD of his program. 

But, did anyone else notice that there was someone else present at the staircase going up, when the PD was speaking to Soo Hyun about him having the original files? I wonder if Soo Hyun has made backup of the original files on multiple cloud platforms and offline, and maybe some other places either in case the main file does get taken away by someone else. It would be too stupid if he just keeps it in his PC only to find it being taken away. 

By the looks of it, most of the things will get clear next week. We will at least see what happened to Joon Young, and Seok Pil and entertainment reporter's murder might be pushed back to final 2 episodes. Looking forward to the next week's episodes, we will see some backstabbing seeing how Chairman Seo's wife has planned to do it during her press con, we will see more of Lee Mi Do as suggested by the preview (I don't really trust them much), but the final piece of dialogue we heard from her upcoming conversation with Soo Hyun may actually suggest she knew about the affair either. I am still confused with her really being blind or not, since in that scene showed in preview, she seemed to look at Soo Hyun in the eye while speaking. Again, previews have always proved to be misleading. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thanks for sharing, my dear chingu,  you have the same thoughts as mine...:D 

I agreed that Oh Jang-Ho may not be the real killer.

Now we can put aside those murderer list like Choi Se Ra, Hwang Tae-Seob, Oh Jang-Ho which are not the direct killers.

The balance suspect list which is indirectly contributing to the mysterious murder cases are :

• Kwon Yeo-Jin 
  • Sim Seok-Hun
  • Lee Mi-Do
  • Seo Ki-Tae
  • Bae Kyung-Sook
  • Choi Nam-Kyu 
  • Secretary Jo Moon-Do
  • Seo Eun-Soo 

I am suspecting there may be a hidden new character (the mastermind) that is taking revenge but not introducing yet? This new character may be tied up with the previous school girl death/missing case? Let's see :) 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

I am suspecting there may be a hidden new character (the mastermind) that is taking revenge but not introducing yet? This new character may be tied up with the previous school girl death/missing case? Let's see :) 

There certainly is a hidden character. We don't know who sent Soo Hyun those messages, who took the ransom money and who knows Joon Young was actually Soo Hyun's son sending him the DNA test result. I am not sure if Chairman Seo is messing up with him, or we really do have another character yet to be revealed (which maybe more probable). But chairman Seo is definitely smart enough to know about Soo Hyun's affair and Joon Young being his son too. 

I am still over the fence when it comes to Seo Eun Soo. We see her in church praying, most probably asking for forgiveness, so there is a high chance that she is not doing it for her affair, rather it is because she has had some hand in Joon Young's case. We still don't know what she was worried about when Yeon Woo said he remembers something about that night. Does she worry Yeon Woo saw her talk about him with Jang Ho? or did Yeon Woo see her and Jang Ho in action? or, is it something more, like she hurting Joon Young?

For now, anyone from that list can actually end up being the killer. But the more I see Seo Eun Soo, see her insecurities, see her as not so stable character as I thought she was, and how she actually tried to portray herself, I do feel she is capable of doing it too. My only concern is, if she does know Joon Young is indeed Soo Hyun and CSY's son, then why does she feel so remorseful and sorry about her affair with Jang Ho in front of Soo Hyun? 

Her affair with Jang Ho is still not something I can understand. Her needs as woman were not being fulfilled, but she started the affair with Jang Ho? Like, all the time we see her with him, at times we see her disgusted by him or feel remorseful, but she still ends up back to him, because of which I initially thought he had something against her. On the other, that dude is highly delusional, and all the time he is with Eun Soo, he just thinks he is with Eun Ho. This relationship is super messed, I got to say and Jang Ho dude is more than messed up. If Lee Mi Do is really with him because she loved him, I actually feel too sorry for her being with a scumbag like him, and also worried about her being with an unstable and delusional guy like him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Her affair with Jang Ho is still not something I can understand. Her needs as woman were not being fulfilled, but she started the affair with Jang Ho? Like, all the time we see her with him, at times we see her disgusted by him or feel remorseful, but she still ends up back to him, because of which I initially thought he had something against her. 

Until now, we do not have much information on ES backstory.

There may be some possibilities that made her started affair with Jang Ho.

1. Besides the normal woman/wife's needs and wants, Jang Ho gave her all the immediate attention and care when she needed someone to be with her, while Soo Hyun did not spend so much with her. He was too focus on his career. They both lack of sincere and open communications for quite some time, I felt that they were very distant, hiding many secrets for a long time. The biggest problem for a couple that run into affair is highly due to this reason. She could have opened up to him long ago, but she did not. (otherwise we won't be any drama to watch, hahaha :lol:)
  2. ES and EH are twin sisters, we did not have much info on EH. For EH's death, could it be caused by ES (either by intentionally or accidentally, no one knows?) and that may be the reason she insisted to take care of their son because she was full of remorseful when seeing Jang ho. She pitied little Yeon Woo and Jang Ho when their mother and wife not around.
  3. Another possible reason is ES found out Soo Hyun had affair with her friend, SY and that triggered her mixed emotions that full of insecurity, a mixed feeling of anger, jealousy and sadness, which lead her to make use of Jang Ho who was mentally crazy over her and always "stand by" for her as you could see in the past EP. 

ES had internal struggling, she knew that she was not supposed to meet Jangho at the hotel, but she just couldn't refuse him because she was insecure and she couldn't turn to any good friend for help because of her rich family background. Scandal is a taboo for the rich. She kept telling Jang ho to "keep their promise", so what kind of promise between them?

As of now, we do not know what happened on that night about the kidnapping of JY which may involve ES and Jangho too.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

ES had internal struggling, she knew that she was not supposed to meet Jangho at the hotel, but she just couldn't refuse him because she was insecure and she couldn't turn to any good friend for help because of her rich family background. Scandal is a taboo for the rich. She kept telling Jang ho to "keep their promise", so what kind of promise between them?

What if she is continuing to meet him due to that "Promise". 

Regarding her affair, I am pretty positive now it goes back to some time now. Maybe around the same time as Soo Hyun's one. After Eun Ho's death, and Jang Ho's bad condition, Chairman Seo must have asked them to raise Yeon Woo. We do know Soo Hyun had his affair around that time, and maybe they further grew apart due to his affair and his guilt because of it. Not sure how long Soo Hyun's affair lasted, or was it a one night thing, but Eun Soo did say she initially took Yeon Woo to meet Jang Ho, and then the affair started (Soo Hyun's didn't allow her to complete, but I am sure she was coming clean for her affair). 

It would be interesting if Eun Soo does know about his affair, but cannot confront him since she is also having one, and knowing he did it with her friend, who is more of a competitor must have made things harder for her as well. But yes, they surely are distant even now. I for one wouldn't really be much shocked if Soo Hyun married Eun Soo to get nearer to Chairman Seo. Do they both love each other, I would they there is a high chance they do, but things have definitely gotten complicated to another level between them. 

A lot of things happened the night of murder. There is definitely something Yeon Woo heard or saw which he shouldn't have, and it involves Eun Soo. Did he hear her talk to Jang Ho, and came to know he is not his parent's son, and that his mother is also having an affair with his uncle, or did he see them together. Or well, he saw them hurting or kidnapping his best friend. Him losing his sight is definitely related to Joon Young than other stuff, mainly because he sees Joon Young from time to time, and he does, he loses his sight again. But then again, he could have witnessed or heard something else too at the same time. 

I believe there is a chance that we have 2 murderers here, one who killed Joon Young, and the other who killed the entertainment reporter and Seok Pil. Of course, for now, I believe the murderer is the same, and someone who knows Soo Hyun, but I thought about 2 murderers, and it is also possible. I am very much suspicious of Chairman Seo or his assistant, someone from their side is either the killer since they killed entertainment reporter as soon as he/she came to know about him having some important piece of evidence. 

Now only 3 party knew about it (at least they showed it that way), CSY, Soo Hyun and Chairman Seo. Or, just like Soo Hyun has hacked Seok Pil's phone, there is a chance someone did the same with him. I wouldn't really be shocked if this also happened. 

This is show has been interesting since we still don't know who to suspect and who not to. I just hope they do wrap it up well, and explain properly the events. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I am still over the fence when it comes to Seo Eun Soo. We see her in church praying, most probably asking for forgiveness, so there is a high chance that she is not doing it for her affair, rather it is because she has had some hand in Joon Young's case. We still don't know what she was worried about when Yeon Woo said he remembers something about that night

Eun Seo very much coming to the fore here with regards to having to do with Jeon Young's kidnapping which I think Yeon Woo witnessed. When she panics about her husband missing and she calls daddy begging him to save her. Is she afraid that Soo Hyun left her because he knew what she did? She also made an exact miniature of Royal Hill which means she knows exactly  where the cameras are placed and the "blind spaces" not seen by the camera. Seo Ki Tae once turned on the CCTV screen and asked Moon Do why with all the "eyes/cameras" turned on at Royal Hill they could not see how the person could get the original "list" from Dong Pil. But what they also did not see was the kidnapping of Joon Yeong. When the kidnapper called for the ransom in exchange for the "son" the kidnapper used a voice changer while he was talking to Soo Hyun. Dong Pil never used one when communicating with Soo Hyun. The voice warned not to call the police. Soo Hyun linked their phones so they could communicate and track each other. Eun Seo waited 3 hours, when she could not track her husband and called the police. She already knew that Yeon Woo was safe in her father's house but let her husband run around with the ransom money. I think now that the ransom money was retrieved by Moon Do. Also, when the kidnapper asked for ransom, Soo Hyun asked the kidnapper to ask Yeon Woo directly what Yeon Woo calls his mother's snow globe. the voice called Soo Hyun back with the right answer. So, who gave the kidnapper the answer to Soo Hyun's question? Soo Hyun suspected his father in law all along and it was only recently that he ruled out SKT as the mastermind, that there is someone else. The only other person who is really familiar with ES miniature city is her husband. He has been looking at the miniature lately. 

7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Her affair with Jang Ho is still not something I can understand. Her needs as woman were not being fulfilled, but she started the affair with Jang Ho? Like, all the time we see her with him, at times we see her disgusted by him or feel remorseful, but she still ends up back to him, because of which I initially thought he had something against her. On the other, that dude is highly delusional, and all the time he is with Eun Soo, he just thinks he is with Eun Ho. This relationship is super messed, I got to say and Jang Ho dude is more than messed up. If Lee Mi Do is really with him because she loved him, I actually feel too sorry for her being with a scumbag like him, and also worried about her being with an unstable and delusional guy like him. 

Exactly. At this day and age, I think even in a conservative paternal society, acknowledges divorce. If she cannot forget and forgive her husband's sordid affair, why not divorce him, get her life together and find a man who will love and care for her and the family. What in the world is she doing with a drug addicted, delusional man who is unable to face reality? Eun Soo is as messed up as Jang Ho. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Who is Han Pi shiok? The name who shown in the insurance policy? The beneficiary of the insurance policy is Park Sung-Hwan, (the reporter)

What was their connection? What happened on that accident night?

The auto insurance policy, I think it was Park's claim for damages, remember he was at the hospital he was filing claims with the insurance company. I think the other name in the insurance claim was the driver of the other car. But the most important thing was the black box recorded Jang Ho and Mido at the scene. Park could not get in as a guest to the charity event because he was not on the list but his black box recorded what was happening at the gate when he had an accident and Jang Ho and Mido were recorded. The picture of the damage car collision also show the pics of Jang Ho and Mido right where the accident happened. But, If the recording in the black box obtained and was seen by Seo Ki Tae when he had Park killed, would he not have seen Jang Ho in it? Or did he misjudge Jang Ho as a poor nutcase trying to harass his family and not think of him as a threat? When Jang Ho was taunting Soo Hyun about his affair with Eun Seo he was very clear of who he was talking about, no mistaking Eun Seo with her dead sister. Also when ES went to JH's house, there was no Mido. Where is Mido?  When Jang Ho said to Soo Hyun that SH was confused, Soo Hyun answered that he "has never been clearer" before he pulled the trigger.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Thoughts from ep 7.......

Eun soo confuses me.  She seemed genuinely concerned about Soo Hyun's whereabouts so much that she asked her father for help.  Later, Eun soo tells Oh Jang Ho, don't touch my things, no matter what they are---what does that mean?:wut:  Jong woo is now crazy with guilt.  Frankly, I like it.  It shows he's human; he has feelings contrary to Se-ra, who seems to think only of herself.  Nam gu seemed to have cared for Joon Young, but what was in Nam-gu's trunk?  They way that scene was shot made it appear as though there was something suspicious in the trunk.  

Maybe ep 8 answers some of my questions.  Off to watch that episode and read all your posts.  

• Like 3
  • Blob 1