[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Palace of Devotion 大宋宫词

-jade-

Palace of Devotion 大宋宫词

pDB5V_4f.jpg007e-SCs-Vgy1goq5k0hu9aj31uq3ao1l4.jpg

clogosq.jpg Drama Details:
Title: Poetry of the Song Dynasty (formerly titled as 'La Royauté') 
Chinese Title: 大宋宫词 / Da Song Gong Ci
Genre:  Historical, Costume, Palace, Romance, Palace Intrigue 
Language: Mandarin Chinese
Episodes: 61
Directors: Li Shaohong, Zeng Nianping (real-life husband and wife team) 
Screenwriter: Zhang Yongchen 

Broadcast Network: iQIYI, Youku

Broadcast Date: 3/20/2021 - 4/19/2021
Source: Adapted from historical records and legends (including the same-name novel by Lady Milan) 

clogosq.jpg Synopsis:

A story that follows Liu E, an orphaned girl, who becomes the empress of the Northern Song Dynasty and a regent for the next emperor.

The agreement left behind by Zhao Kuangyin, the founder and first emperor of the Song Dynasty, has resulted in an endless struggle for power within the imperial family. Liu E (Liu Tao) is an orphan girl who falls in love with the third prince, Zhao Heng (Vic Chou) during the war. They survive many changes together throughout the course of history. She becomes his most trusted partner and plays a crucial role in protecting his legacy. (Ref: Chinesedrama.info)

clogosq.jpg Cast: 

Tamia Liu Tao as Liu E

00749u-N0ly1goqgo3i0cqj30u01hc4qq.jpglt1.jpg

Vic Zhou Yumin as Zhao Heng

00749u-N0ly1goqgo39shlj30u01hcu0x.jpgcast2vic.png

-TBU-

clogosq.jpg Teasers:

clogosq.jpg OST Listing:

clogosq.jpgWhere to Watch:

clogosq.jpg Useful Links:

https://baike.baidu.com/item/大宋宫词/22432938

https://www.weibo.com/dasonggongci

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5537923053    (About Liu E / 刘娥)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Liu_(Zhenzong) 

-TBU-

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Palace of Devotion 大宋宫词
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Palace of Devotion 大宋宫词
  • 2 weeks later...

Palace of Devotion should be named "How the Emperor Got His Groove On".  Ji'er and Liu E were mistreated from the beginning and I see no way forward for Liu E.  I mean ...come on...the first Emperor is DEAD!!!!!

On 3/19/2021 at 4:12 PM, Jillia said:

I had to create a new thread for this drama because the one you created was archived. :) But I transfered this new thread to you because the first post I copy-pasted from the old thread. :D

@JilliaHi! Thanks for updating this thread. When I last checked, right before the drama aired, I saw that it was archived. I was confused but just left it at that. Now that it is revived, I will continue to update it. :Pandabulous:

mqdefault.jpg

I hope more folks will watch it and love it. I love this drama! It started off quite badly with editing mishaps (or was that due to censorship and the humongous cut in total number of episodes?) but has now taken quite a good foothold, and it is quite addictive to watch the rise and influence of Liu E.

tamialiu3.jpgimage.jpg

Highly recommend anyone who loves historical genre dramas, or is a *history buff, or simply adores the cast, the screenplay, the cinematography or either of the PDs, or the essence of Song Dynasty... to watch it.

It's a delightful watch!:approves:

PS: *Though the plot is not entirely based on facts, it is largely an inspiration from historical records and legends (one of which is the same-name novel) on the life of Empress Liu E.

On 3/25/2021 at 1:26 PM, MLWetherill said:

Up to episode 16 and dont see any love story. Emperor sure sleeps around with alot of other women.They should remove the romance tag as not feeling any romance here. Dropped.

The romance is there, and progressing well, but perhaps not the "kind of romance" you were expecting to watch. It's a known historical fact that emperors have a harem full of women, and Zhao Heng/Emperor Zhenzong (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Zhenzong) was no exception.  

220px-Portrait-assis-de-l-empereur-Song-Zhenzong.jpgcast2vic.png

On 4/5/2021 at 7:10 AM, sp17jcshipper said:

Am on episode 4 please don't tell me it gets worse, was hopeful for a romance

It doesn't get worse. It gets better. At least for me.:fullofhearts:

Archived