[Drama 2021] Koo Kyung-Yi/ Inspector Koo, 구경이

larus

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Koo Kyung-Yi/ Inspector Koo, 구경이 - Lee Young Ae-Saturday & Sunday@22:30KST

Lee Young Ae Keeps Her Eye On Serial Killer Kim Hye Joon In “Inspector Koo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 31, 2021
by S. P

JTBC’s “Inspector Koo” has revealed new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Inspector Koo” is a hardboiled comic mystery drama starring Lee Young Ae as Koo Kyung Yi, a brilliant insurance investigator who used to be a police officer but became a recluse after the death of her husband. Although she is no longer a police officer, she solves cold cases for the thrill of it and winds up facing off against a female college student who is secretly a serial killer.

Spoilers

The first episode left viewers hanging as the insurance fraud case that Koo Kyung Yi had been investigating turned into a murder case and the student Kei (Kim Hye Joon) was revealed as the mastermind behind the killing.

Although appearing to be an ordinary student, Kei is also drawing attention for her suspicious actions. When the students were all searching for the culprit who killed the cat, one of her classmates said in a fit of anger, “The person who killed the cat should die.” Kei turned those words into actions, proving that something horrid lies beneath her bright exterior.

New stills show Koo Kyung Yi, thrust into the murder case executed by Kei, beginning to have her own doubts about the student. Koo Kyung Yi is currently acting on the hunch that the death of Kim Min Kyu (Kim Kang Hyun) was actually a murder perfectly disguised as an accident. What’s more, she is also suspecting that there are more victims who died in similar ways.

Lee-Young-Ae-Kim-Hye-Joon.jpg

It appears that Kei already knows of Koo Kyung Yi, adding another interesting layer to the story. Having already met Koo Kyung Yi at her school in the past, it remains to be seen how their dynamic will play out as investigator and suspect in the murder case.

The drama’s producers commented, “Koo Kyung Yi becomes a witness to the murder that Kei disguised as an accident, and she begins to grow suspicious of the person pulling the strings. Kei’s hair-raising activities will continue in the second episode. Please look forward to the acting skills and synergy of Lee Young Ae, who transformed perfectly into the suspicious inspector, and Kim Hye Joon, who gives a chilling performance as the serial killer Kei.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1496232wpp/lee-young-ae-keeps-her-eye-on-serial-killer-kim-hye-joon-in-inspector-koo

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

I like this drama but why can't the korean writers have more originality. This drama has some similarities with Killing Eve, including the music style. 

I will still watch it but have some originality please! :tightdeadline:

Omg... is this really the Asian remake of Killing Eve?

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

I just finished ep 2 and I am really liking this drama.

@SexyDolceVita I have read many comments that it resembles Killing Eve, but haven't watched it myself.

I am finding the editing, cinematography, acting and music to be spot on. I am loving the way certain aspects/characteristics/feelings about the characters are described without words. Like our serial killer K dancing alone on the dance floor - at first looking happy but smile fading as she realizes that she's once again an outsider.

It seems that she's been abducted as a child - which is probably the key to why she turned into a psychopath.

I am really intrigued why Inspector Koo's husband died. At first I thought it might be K who was behind it, but currently the writers are trying to get us to think otherwise.

Santa being able to speak was no surprise to me. I had a feeling since the start that it was not an accident that he was chosen to become her driver. I think he knows her. And I think there might be a stronger bond than expected between our Inspector and Santa. You could tell how worried he was about her when he thought she had died.

I am wondering if they're related somehow....? Or if he believes that they are related...?

I am also intrigued by the Children's Foundation and what they are up to. The fact that K was abducted as a child is making me think that these two things are related in one way or the other. Chief Yong seems to know more than she's letting on. Is she K's birth mother? Grandmother?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

I like this drama but why can't the korean writers have more originality. This drama has some similarities with Killing Eve, including the music style. 

I will still watch it but have some originality please! :tightdeadline:

Omg... is this really the Asian remake of Killing Eve?

Yes, they said from the beginning that it was a remake, though it appears to be a fairly loose one.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

Band TRPP, selected as the first runner for the OST of 'Gukyungi'... Today (30th) ‘Yeah (Round and Round)’ release

http://img.etoday.co.kr/pto_db/2021/10/600/20211030101310_1680960_1000_1000.jpg

OST Part.1 TRPP's 'Yeah (Round and Round)' of JTBC's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Gugyeong' will be released through online music sites before 6 pm on the 30th.

This OST is a rock genre song in which the members directly remade the track 'Yeah' included in TRPP's first regular album 'TRPP' for the drama 'Goo Kyung-i'.

TRPP's unique sound, addictive vocals, and lyrics such as 'Life is full of lies anyway / We go round and round and remain in a place where there is no hate / We're going round and round and round' create an exquisite harmony to enhance the immersion of viewers. p

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=214041

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

OST  Part 1 - Yeah (Round and Round)

The extinguishing hatred
The unclear things
Lies stacking up
As the memories extend its hand
Emptying out the differences
And being exactly the same

The same

Life is filled with lies anyway
We keep going round and round
To go to a place where there is no hatred
we’re going round and round and round

Twisted faith
Things that don’t return
Overflowing silence
Eyes that open its mouth
Deceiving that it’s all the same
From the completely familiar things

Life is filled with lies anyway
We keep going round and round
To go to a place where there is no hatred
we’re going round and round and round

Credit to popgasa

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

On 11/1/2021 at 10:03 AM, joccu said:

true this has similarities with killing eve.  But I'm seriously liking this.

From what I know it is the remake for Killing Eve and I wondered if they took the premise and made changes or they took the events from the original. If there are just similarities then it is the first scenario. Either way, it is an atypical  kdrama to watch. It doesn`t look like other Korean dramas of the same genre. I find both female protagonists interesting and I want to see more of them. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Inspector Koo: Episode 1

by missvictrix

Koo01_1.jpg

A shut-in gamer with a mysterious past is lured from her cave to help with an investigation. What first seems like a simple one-off case of insurance fraud actually points to a much bigger picture, and as we meet our quirky heroine and see what she’s capable of, we also get a sense of what she’ll have to fight against.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Koo01_2.jpg

We open up with a shot that slowly pans into a dark apartment. There’s a young girl with a beaker of blood and she pours the blood down a tube and into a beaker. The music is as creepy as the scene, and the fluffy kittens that appear don’t make this any cuter. The girl turns on some kind of gas, and busily saws something.

We follow a roach into what is seemingly another apartment, where a woman is playing a video game live online with other players. Her computer is too slow, her apartment is a disgusting mess, and she looks generally unkempt — but winning the game is everything. She gives out a victory cry when they win.

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Koo01_3.jpg

The next scene is set at NT Life Insurance. Inspection Team B is headed by NA JE-HEE (Kwak Sun-young). She pretends to be nice to a colleague who’s just moved to another team, but spits in his mug before he comes into the room to retrieve it.

It seems like Team B is not performing very well; Je-hee and her team member OH KYUNG-SOO (Jo Hyun-chul) look over prospective cases with big potential payouts. One case in particular will win them a ton, but Kyung-soo says it can also get them in trouble.

Je-hee tries to motivate him while saying she saw the “fire” in him when no one else did and pointing out how quickly he could see a promotion if they win this case. Kyung-soo wonders how the two of them will solve it; Je-hee says craftily, “We need a mercenary.”

We cut to our video game obsessed heroine again, and it’s clear she is that mercenary. Je-hee and Kyung-soo appear in her apartment. Je-hee flips off the power, and a fake news story plays out on screen as we get a “live” look at MS. KOO KYUNG-YI (Lee Young-ae), aged 43, residing in Hwagukdong.

She notices what Je-hee has done and attacks her with an empty soju bottle. Black comedy it is. In the next scene, Kyung-yi is half unconscious and getting dragged by Je-hee — on her back — while an upbeat indie song plays in the background.

Je-hee drags her to a local restaurant and we next see Kyung-yi strung out over the table. Apparently she stinks, because the waiter is disgusted and there’s a fly buzzing around, but Je-hee seems unfazed and translates Kyung-yi’s muttering into the food she wants to order.

Je-hee pulls a piece of broken glass (from the bottle) out from the collar of her suit; eventually she gets Kyung-yi to wake up and tells her about the case. It’s about the life insurance policy of a man named of Kim Min-gyu, a 35-year-old officer worker at a chemical plant. But Kyung-yi only has eyes for her beer, which she guzzles as Je-hee continues to share about the case: the man went for a walk and never came back. He’s now presumed dead and the insurance payout would go to his wife.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/inspector-koo-episode-1/

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Inspector Koo: Episode 2

by DaebakGrits

Inspector-Koo_02_00.jpg

Our intrepid investigator struggles to convince those around her that the deaths she has encountered no mere accidents. Though it will be difficult to prove the deaths are all connected, a mysterious benefactor may prove to be the just the ally she needs right now.

EPISODE 2 RECAP

Inspector-Koo_02_01a-1.jpg

Kyung observes a stage production of Hansel and Gretel from the audience, but as the child actors deliver their lines, the scene switches to the night Kyung-yi tracked down Kim Min-gyu. Kyung is in the woods with a pair of binoculars, observing Min-gyu’s progress as he follows the markers through the woods.

Kyung ominously quotes lines from the children’s play as Min-gyu scurries through the door leading down into the sewer system, and she gleefully pushes a boulder down the hill, triggering a small rock slide that traps him inside.

While Kyung-yi tries to dig Min-gyu out, Kyung visits Min-gyu’s former hiding place and retrieves the items tying her to the murder. She releases the valve on a propane tank, and opens the spout of a water jug so it will trickle down onto a surge protector. As she leaves, she flips the breaker and ignites a spark that blows the building up. She drives back to the city with the top down on her convertible, visibly enjoying the cool night air and her successful kill.

The next day, Kyung-yi and Santa watch the police investigate the site of the explosion. Kyung-yi calls Je-hee and tells her to come down and assist with the case. The situation is bigger than she’d originally thought.

Inspector-Koo_02_04.jpg

At a remote restaurant in the woods, YONG SOOK (Kim Hae-sook) is so engrossed in a news report about Min-gyu’s death, which has been ruled an accident, that she’s spooked when her right-hand man MR. KIM (Jung Suk-yong) arrives and reaches for her water bottle. She scolds him for startling her, but she softens when realizes he’s miserably sweaty. They discuss the circumstances of Min-gyu’s death, and Sook asks about Kyung-yi. Mr. Kim reports that she is a former police officer who occasionally works as an investigator for NT Life Insurance, and when he tells her Kyung-yi’s time of birth, Sook decides that they will get along well with each other. Mr. Kim says that they should be cautious, but something about Min-gyu’s death has made Sook so terrified she’s unable to sleep at night.

A commercial for Pureun Children’s Foundation follows the news report, and Sook halts the conversation to watch as she appears on the screen next to an attractive young man who identifies himself as HEO HYUN-TAE (Park Ji-bin), the honorary ambassador for the charity. Sook and the restaurant proprietor both fawn over Hyun-tae’s adorableness.

Kyung arrives home and notices an extra pair of heels by the front door. Her aunt, Jung-yeon (Bae Hae-sun), is sleeping on the sofa. When she wakes up, Jung-yeon worries that Kyung had a nightmare, but Kyung lies that she went out drinking with her colleagues and stopped at a nearby cafe to sober up before coming home. Jung-yeon sniffs Kyung, and decides her musty smell matches her alibi, but after shooing her niece towards the bathroom, she notices the mud on Kyung’ boots.

Kyung soaks in a bubble bath and loudly hums along with “Ode to Joy,” which triggers an epiphany. She prematurely ends her bath to retrieve a box under her bed filled with mementos from high school. She powers on an old cell phone and searches through the photographs until she finds a photo taken on Shadow Day, the day Kyung-yi visited Kyung’s school. She recognizes Kyung-yi from the night before.

Alone in a police interrogation room, Kyung-yi talks herself through the details of the case. Despite the police’s ruling, she knows Min-gyu’s death was not an accident because the killer took the time to blow up Min-gyu’s hiding spot and destroy evidence. Perhaps the killer did it to protect Jae-young, Min-gyu’s wife, but that doesn’t explain the other recent deaths in town.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/inspector-koo-episode-2/

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

I made homemade cookies to watch some Netflix. And I decided to watch this drama first before it gets too late in case it's scary. I am barely into watching when I have the urge to swat flies. It's the drama. She better not have lice next or else I'll start scratching my head.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1