[Current Drama 2021] Koo Kyung-Yi/ Inspector Koo, 구경이 - Lee Young Ae-Saturday & Sunday@22:30KST

larus

Lee Young Ae, Kim Hye Joon, Kim Hae Sook, And More Pose As Game Characters In New “Inspector Koo” Poster

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 15, 2021
by L. Kim

Upcoming JTBC weekend drama “Inspector Koo” revealed a group poster!

“Inspector Koo” is described as a hard-boiled investigative comedy drama that centers around insurance investigator Koo Kyung Yi (played by Lee Young Ae), who also investigates cold cases for the thrill of it rather than out of a sense of justice. The drama also stars Lee Young Ae, Kim Hye JoonKim Hae Sook, Kwak Sun Young, Baek Sung ChulCho Hyun Chul, and Lee Hong Nae.

In the poster, the actors pose as if they’re game characters, and the bubbles above them share their “level” and description. First off, Koo Kyung Yi is someone who tenaciously digs through everything in order to solve a case. She is described as a “woman in doubt,” and despite her high level, she is wearing a sloppy attire, hinting there’s more than meets the eye.

Kim Hye Joon plays the mysterious university student Kei. She crosses paths with Koo Kyung Yi, and unlike her bright smile on the outside, no one can tell what she’s thinking inside. Her mysteriousness is further heightened in the poster. Her level is marked with a question mark, and her speech bubble asks, “Can I kill you?”.

Kim Hae Sook plays Director Yong, the chief director of a volunteer and charity foundation. Although she looks warm and benevolent on the outside, she has an aura of her own. In the poster, Director Yong is holding a shotgun, and the caption reads, “Let’s catch that murderer together.”

Kwak Sun Young, Baek Sung Cheol, and Jo Hyun Chul are part of “Koo Kyung Yi’s team.” Kwak Sun Young plays Na Je Hi, the head of the investigation team at NT Life, who used to be Koo Kyung Yi’s junior in the police force. Baek Sung Chul plays a gamer who becomes Koo Kyung Yi’s assistant, and Cho Hyun Chul plays Kyung Soo, Koo Kyung Yi’s colleague at NT Life’s investigation team.

Na Je Hi is at level 71, and she says, “I know sunbae very well,” hinting she’ll play a part in controlling Koo Kyung Yi. Santa, who is at level 25, is described as a “silent guardian,” and Kyung Soo, who is at level 3, seems like he doesn’t really trust Koo Kyung Yi as his speech bubble says, “I’ll do it, but she’s a bit…”

Lee Hong Nae rounds out the principal cast as Geon Wook, Kei’s assistant. At level 53, he stands in the back with a walkie-talkie in his hand, and his speech bubble says, “You can’t live without me,” piquing curiosity about his relationship with Kei.

inspector-koo.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493599wpp/lee-young-ae-kim-hye-joon-kim-hae-sook-and-more-pose-as-game-characters-in-new-inspector-koo-poster

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Teaser] "I'll have to look for it now" 〈Gu gyeongi〉 First broadcast on October 30 (Sat)!

Lee Young-ae, 'Kyung-yi', in pursuit of a mysterious accidental death

image_readtop_2021_984259_16345190864818

A hard-boiled comic chase drama by Lee Young-ae of 'Gugyeong-i' is coming.

JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Gu Kyungi' (directed by Lee Jeong-heum / scripted by Seong Choi / produced by Key East, Group Eight, JTBC Studio) will be broadcasted for the first time at 10:30 pm on Saturday, October 30th. 'Gu Kyung-i' drew attention for Lee Young-ae's shocking transformation, making a comeback to the small screen after 4 years, and it immediately emerged as a hot topic in the second half of 2021.

In the midst of this, the main trailer for 'Goo-kyung', which was released, drew attention by announcing the start of Lee Young-ae's 'real hard-boiled comic chase drama'. Lee Young-ae takes on the role of an insurance investigator named Kwang-yi, a 'suspicious person in the corner of the room' who can't stand the lag between games and investigations. In the play, Kyeong-i was a police officer in the past, but now she is a house-soon who is addicted to alcohol and games. (

The video begins with such a go-between receiving a request for a mysterious insurance case. Looking at the 'Finding My Missing Husband' flyer, Kwang-yi asks, "Can I become a dead person alone?" Goo Gyung-i raised his suspicions and said, "It was disguised as an accident, so it didn't even turn into an incident. Do you doubt it?” he says.

The screen changes, and the figure of Go-Gi-Yi rushing towards the incident unfolds. And a person who stimulates the suspicion of such a spectator rises. The words ‘WHO’ appeared on the screen along with the words “Isn’t that a professional killer?” The reasoning instinct that had been sleeping inside is ignited on fire, and Goo is curiously saying, "I'll have to look for it from now on." The anticipation of Goo-yi, who enjoys the investigation like a game, is foretold, raising expectations.

Lee Young-ae's hard-boiled comic chase drama, JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Goo-gyeong-i' will be broadcasted for the first time at 10:30 pm on Saturday, October 30th.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2021/10/984259/

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Koo Kyung-Yi/ Inspector Koo, 구경이 - Lee Young Ae- Premieres on October 30

Watch: Lee Young Ae Hunts An Innocent-Looking Serial Killer Behind A Series Of Accidents In New Drama Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 18, 2021
by C. Hong

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Inspector Koo” has released a new teaser!

“Inspector Koo” is a hardboiled comic mystery drama starring Lee Young Ae as Koo Kyung Yi, a brilliant insurance investigator who used to be a police officer but became a recluse after the death of her husband. Although she is no longer a police officer, she solves cold cases for the thrill of it, and winds up facing off against a female college student who is secretly a serial killer.

In the new trailer, Lee Young Ae finds a flyer from someone searching for a missing husband and wonders, “Can you become a dead person on your own?” The teaser then cuts to a series of mysterious deaths, either looking like accidents or suicide, and Lee Young Ae muttering, “They look like accidents, so they don’t even become incidents. Isn’t that suspicious?”

Kim Hae Sook whispers a clue in Lee Young Ae’s ear, saying, “We call them ‘Kei.'” The teaser cuts to Kim Hye Joon, a beautiful, innocent-looking college student who hides a dark secret. As Lee Young Ae gets on her tail, she wonders, “Why an insurance investigator, not even a police officer?” Kwak Sun Young says sharply to Lee Young Ae, “Isn’t protecting those two people the most important thing?”, reminding her that cases should be solved for people and not for fun.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1494230wpp/watch-lee-young-ae-hunts-an-innocent-looking-serial-killer-behind-a-series-of-accidents-in-new-drama-teaser

• Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Lee Young Ae Is Ready To Dive Into A Mysterious Case In Poster For Upcoming Drama “Inspector Koo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 20, 2021
by L. Kim

JTBC’s new weekend drama “Inspector Koo” has released its main poster!

“Inspector Koo” is a hardboiled comic mystery drama starring Lee Young Ae as Koo Kyung Yi, a brilliant insurance investigator who used to be a police officer but became a recluse after the death of her husband. Although she is no longer a police officer, she solves cold cases for the thrill of it, and winds up facing off against a female college student who is secretly a serial killer.

The new poster stars Lee Young Ae as Koo Kyung Yi, a clumsy yet passionate character. In the poster, Koo Kyung Yi is wearing a trench coat, exuding the vibes of a determined detective. Her eyes are full of suspicion as she gets ready to investigate the truth, and the meaningful smile on her face makes viewers look forward to her extraordinary performance.

The text on the poster reads, “The hardboiled outing of Koo Kyung Yi begins.” In the drama, Koo Kyung Yi is a former police officer who turned into a reclusive loner that is addicted to games and alcohol. However, a certain incident causes her to come back out into the world, and she will play an active role in finding the culprit of this case.

lee-young-ae2.jpg

The drama’s producers shared, “The drama ‘Inspector Koo’ presents a different kind of fun that crosses genres such as thriller, mystery, and comedy. At the center of it is Koo Kyung Yi, a one-in-a-kind detective. On the set, [people say] ‘Lee Young Ae is Koo Kyung Yi.’ She’s a bit nerdy, quirky, and unusual, and Lee Young Ae is perfectly immersing into her character and acting passionately. Please look forward to the premiere where Lee Young Ae will appear as Koo Kyung Yi.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1494480wpp/lee-young-ae-is-ready-to-dive-into-a-mysterious-case-in-poster-for-upcoming-drama-inspector-koo

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Lee Young-ae's police uniform revealed... Curious about the story behind the order of the house

optimize

A picture of Lee Young-ae wearing a police uniform was revealed. JTBC's new weekend drama 'Goo-gyeong' (directed by Lee Jeong-heum/screenwriter Seong-choi), which will be broadcast for the first time on the October30th, is a hard-boiled comic chase drama about a suspicious person who can't stand the lag in both games and investigations. At the center of it, Lee Young-ae is expected to show various activities as an insurance investigator who tracks a mysterious serial murder case.

In the midst of this, the production team of 'Goo-kyung' drew attention by revealing the past police days of Go-gyeong, who was hidden behind a veil. In the play, Goo-i was a former police officer, but now he is a reclusive loner who is addicted to gaming and alcohol. It can be said that he is a character who is living a completely different life from the past.

In the photo, a former police officer is standing in a police uniform that fits perfectly. In the appearance of a well-groomed Goo without being disturbed, you cannot find the current Goo-gyeong. Furthermore, a healthy and refreshing atmosphere is felt to the police officer. Her sparse hair, straight eyes, and hunched shoulders are completely different from what she is now.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4468158

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Lee Young Ae Is An Elite Police Officer Whose Life Falls Apart After A Tragedy In “Inspector Koo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 21, 2021
by C. Hong

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Inspector Koo” has released some “before” and “after” stills of lead actress Lee Young Ae!

“Inspector Koo” is a hardboiled comic mystery drama starring Lee Young Ae as Koo Kyung Yi, a brilliant insurance investigator who used to be a police officer but became a recluse after the death of her husband. Although she is no longer a police officer, she solves cold cases for the thrill of it, and winds up facing off against a female college student who is secretly a serial killer.

The new stills released by “Inspector Koo” show the two sides of Koo Kyung Yi’s life, which was split apart by the tragic death of her husband. In the past, she was an upright, put-together police officer in perfect uniform and a bright light in her eyes. In the present, she is addicted to video games and alcohol and never leaves her house.

lee-young-ae-inspector-koo.jpeg

lee-young-ae-inspector-koo-1.jpeg

The teasers prompt curiosity about the exact circumstances that caused such a dramatic transformation in Koo Kyung Yi’s life, as well as the inciting incident that will bring Koo Kyung Yi back out into the world again to chase down a mysterious murderer. Viewers are also looking forward to the broad range of Lee Young Ae’s acting as she portrays both the Koo Kyung Yi of the past and of the present.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1494733wpp/lee-young-ae-is-an-elite-police-officer-whose-life-falls-apart-after-a-tragedy-in-inspector-koo

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

October 25 2021

Ep.1 trailer for JTBC drama “Inspector Koo”

Inspector_Koo-ep01SM1.jpg

Ep.1 trailer for JTBC drama series “Inspector Koo” starring Lee Young-Ae. The trailer begins with the voice of Kim Hye-Jun as K stating “I was going to kill him, but I guess it wasn’t enough. He deserves to be dead. I will kill him” and Lee Young-Ae states around the 22 second mark “I made my husband die because I even suspected my husband.” Captions in the trailer states (0:06) “Why kill?,” (0:15) “Suspicious?,” (0:27) “Really?”

“Inspector Koo” first airs October 30, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Koo Kyung-Yi (Lee Young-Ae) is in her 40’s. She is a former police officer, but now works as an insurance investigator and a private detective. With her smarts and excellent intuition, she is able to solve cases. Koo Kyung-Yi tries to catch a serial killer, who is a female university student.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ep-1-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-inspector-koo

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Kim Hye Joon Is A Mysterious Student With A Chilling Smile In Upcoming Drama “Inspector Koo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 26, 2021
by L. Kim

JTBC’s “Inspector Koo” has shared a glimpse of Kim Hye Joon in character!

“Inspector Koo” is a hardboiled comic mystery drama starring Lee Young Ae as Koo Kyung Yi, a brilliant insurance investigator who used to be a police officer but became a recluse after the death of her husband. Although she is no longer a police officer, she solves cold cases for the thrill of it, and winds up facing off against a female college student who is secretly a serial killer.

Kim Hye Joon plays the mysterious university student Kei who seems like an ordinary student. She passionately participates in the theater club and gets along well with her friends, but unlike her bright smile on the outside, no one can tell what she’s thinking inside.

The newly released stills show the dark side of Kei. She works with a questionable red liquid in the science lab, and there is a meaningful expression on her face that hints she has a fixed goal. In one photo, she puts a finger to her lips and gives a creepy smile that leaves viewers wondering about her true intentions.

kim-hye-joon.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495395wpp/kim-hye-joon-is-a-mysterious-student-with-a-chilling-smile-in-upcoming-drama-inspector-koo

• Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

What did you see in the middle of the night, Lee Young-ae? Great sense of urgency from the first episode

image_readtop_2021_1020876_1635388466483

JTBC's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Goo-gyeong' (directed by Lee Jeong-heum/screenwriter Seong-choi/produced by Key East, Group Eight, JTBC Studio), which will be broadcasted for the first time on October 30 It's a hard-boiled comedy chase drama. Lee Young-ae, who is returning to the small screen after four years, is said to have been drawn to her unique and fresh drama charm, raising her expectations for her first broadcast.

In the revealed scene, Goo-yi is wandering in the dark forest at night. Relying on the light of a flashlight, Goo is chasing someone, causing curiosity. Goo-i's actions, feeling the urgency, and Koo-i's surprised look at something, raises the heart rate to see what is at the end of his gaze. Also, the cool eyes of Goo-gyeong, who calmly observes the scene, make us guess that an unusual incident has occurred.

Above all, Lee Young-ae's tension-filled expression, which is different from the comical appearance of the game fanatic Kyeong-i, which was released earlier, makes the audience look forward to the first broadcast in which various scenes will unfold.

The production team said, “From the first broadcast, Kyeong-i will be at the center of a shocking incident. Please look forward to the first broadcast of 'Gu Kyungi', which will open a strong fire as an unexpected event unfolds," he said.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2021/10/1020876/

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Premiere Watch: Crime Puzzle, Inspector Koo, Chimera

by missvictrix

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/premwatch_crimepuzzle1.jpg

We might be getting too used to a drama smorgasbord every time we have a new round of premieres, because this week we only have one flavor to choose from: crime. Each drama brings something different to the table, but it’s still not the genre hodgepodge we’re used to seeing.

Inspector Koo

inspector-koo.jpg

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Thriller, investigative, black comedy
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: Lee Young-ae returns to dramaland in the remake of BBC’s Killing Eve. She plays the lead role of a former police officer who works as a private investigator of sorts. She’s quirky and damaged, but it seems like it’s her colorful character that will bring the story to life, adding black comedy elements to a story about a college-aged killer whom our heroine must track down. I have a hunch the acting will be great here, and there’s nothing I love more than a quirky homebody heroine.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/10/premiere-watch-crime-puzzle-inspector-koo-chimera/

• Blob 1

Watch: Lee Young Ae Bears The Guilt Of Her Husband’s Death In Teaser For “Inspector Koo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 29, 2021
by C. Hong

JTBC has released the preview of the first episode of their upcoming drama “Inspector Koo”!

“Inspector Koo” is a hardboiled comic mystery drama starring Lee Young Ae as Koo Kyung Yi, a brilliant insurance investigator who used to be a police officer but became a recluse after her husband’s death. Although she is no longer with the police, she solves cold cases for the thrill of it, and winds up facing off against a female college student who is secretly a serial killer.

In the teaser for the first episode, Lee Young Ae stares off into the distance while Kim Hye Joon mixes a strange red liquid with a mysterious smile on her face. In voice-over, Kim Hye Joon says, “I tried to kill them, but I guess I fell short.” Lee Young Ae flashes back to a scene from her past when she confronted a man in a classroom, possibly her husband. She says wistfully in voice-over, “Was the person I knew really that person after all?”

The teaser then reveals the reason that Lee Young Ae’s character became a recluse after her husband’s death. She says about herself, “I’m a person who suspected even my husband and caused his death.” Kim Hye Joon then makes a “shh” gesture at the camera and someone whispers, “I killed him.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495963wpp/watch-lee-young-ae-bears-the-guilt-of-her-husbands-death-in-teaser-for-inspector-koo

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Koo Kyung-Yi/ Inspector Koo, 구경이 - Lee Young Ae-Saturday & Sunday@22:30KST- Premieres on October 30

Lee Young Ae Shares Why She Was Drawn To The “Weirdness” Of “Inspector Koo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 29, 2021
by C. Hong

On October 29, JTBC’s new drama “Inspector Koo” held an online press conference with director Lee Jung Heum and actors Lee Young Ae, Kim Hye Joon, Kim Hae Sook, Kwak Sun Young, and Cho Hyun Chul.

“Inspector Koo” is a hardboiled comic mystery drama starring Lee Young Ae as Koo Kyung Yi, a brilliant insurance investigator who used to be a police officer before becoming a recluse after her husband’s death. Although she is no longer with the police, she still solves cold cases for the thrill of it, and winds up facing off against a female college student who is secretly a serial killer.

Director Lee Jung Heum said, “It’s a weird drama. We filmed for about four or five months, and there were lots of things that we didn’t expect. As soon as we thought things were going in one direction, they went in another. At first, viewers might be confused. But as you keep watching, you’ll see the big picture that the writers are drawing. While we were filming, it was really weird. But there was entertainment in how weird it was. We ask that viewers not get too disconcerted at the first 30 minutes of the first episode.”

Lee Young Ae said that the strangeness of the drama was what led her to sign on the project. “When I read the script, I felt how weird and unique it was,” she said. “It felt like it got stuck in my head. I kept reading the script over and over. It was that unique. It’s different from other dramas, but it’s fun. I had a lot of fun making it. I chose the project because I felt that even just the filming part would be fun. It’s been a while since I did a drama after I got married, but I’m glad that I can show a new side of myself. I picked this drama for myself. I thought that if I enjoyed myself, the viewers would enjoy it as well.”

lee-young-ae-inspector-koo1.jpeg

Kim Hye Joon, who plays the mysterious university student Kei, said, “If my previous roles have been serious and heavy, then I show a more bright, unpredictable side in ‘Inspector Koo.’ When I read the script, it was really entertaining, and I wanted to play Kei, but I was also worried. I thought about it for a bit, but then I realized, ‘When would I get the chance to act with Lee Young Ae and Kim Hae Sook again?’ I took on the challenge without hesitation. It’s an honor to be able to act with such seniors and I’m learning from them every moment on set.”

kim-hye-joon-inspector-koo.jpeg

Kim Hae Sook plays Director Yong, the chief director of a volunteer and charity foundation. The actress said, “Whenever I come across a project that lets me do something different, I feel refreshed. My character in this drama is also quite weird. I played Lee Young Ae’s mother-in-law in the past and we had a good relationship, but this time it was weird. I meet her character in this drama in a weird way. It’s a suspicious and ambiguous relationship.”

Spoiler

kim-hae-sook-inspector-koo.jpeg

cho-hyun-chul-inspector-koo.jpeg

kwak-sun-young-inspector-koo.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495986wpp/lee-young-ae-shares-why-she-was-drawn-to-the-weirdness-of-inspector-koo

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Koo Kyung-Yi/ Inspector Koo, 구경이 - Lee Young Ae-Saturday & Sunday@22:30KST