[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

Lee Joon Transforms Into A Wealthy And Powerful Man With Mysterious Secrets For New Drama “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 1, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN has released new stills of Lee Joon in the upcoming drama “Bulgasal”!

“Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

The new stills show Lee Joon’s flawless transformation into Ok Eul Tae, an extremely wealthy and powerful man whose identity is shrouded in mystery. No one knows his age, the source of his wealth, or who he is, but he appears to have a connection to Dan Hwal.

In one photo, he draws attention with his cold expression. He is on the phone with someone, and his icy gaze and tightly sealed lips hint that something has displeased him. Another photo depicts his madness as his eyes flare with ambition. The corners of his mouth are raised upwards in curiosity, and his gaze is somewhat playful. Ok Eul Tae has elegant taste and a deep understanding of art, and both stills show his bold fashion style. However, behind the glamor is a dangerous man with many secrets, and he exudes an eerie vibe that makes hearts pound.

lee-joon-1.jpg

The drama’s producers praised Lee Joon, saying, “Lee Joon changes 180 degrees when the camera is on. He isn’t Lee Joon then but Ok Eul Tae itself. Please look forward to [the way he will] powerfully impact [the drama].”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1501465wpp/lee-joon-transforms-into-a-wealthy-and-powerful-man-with-mysterious-secrets-for-new-drama-bulgasal

• Like 2

Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Nara, Lee Joon, And Gong Seung Yeon Are Entangled By Fate In New Drama “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 30, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Bulgasal” (literal title) has shared an intriguing sneak peek of the relationships between its characters!

“Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

On November 30, the upcoming drama released a new set of posters that hint at the tense dynamics between its four leads.

The first poster captures the complicated, heartbreaking relationship between Min Sang Woon and Dan Hwal, who has been chasing her for the past 600 years with fury in his heart. However, once he has finally managed to hunt her down, the look in his eyes as he gazes at her from behind seems to be a wistful one, rather than a fiery glint of vengeance.

The poster’s caption reads, “I wandered for a long time, searching for you.”

Lee-Jin-Wook-Kwon-Nara1.jpg

Meanwhile, the second poster introduces viewers to the character of Ok Eul Tae (played by Lee Joon), an extremely wealthy and powerful man whose identity is shrouded in mystery. No one knows his age, the source of his wealth, or who he is, but he appears to have a connection to Dan Hwal. In their poster, he gazes longingly at the bulgasal as the caption cryptically reads, “From now on, it’s just the two of us, you and me.”

Lee-Jin-Wook-Lee-Joon.jpg

The third poster features Ok Eul Tae standing menacingly behind Min Sang Woon, with the chilling caption “You owe me a certain debt, you know.”

Spoiler

Kwon-Nara-Lee-Joon.jpg

Finally, the fourth poster brings together Min Sang Woon and Dan Sol (Gong Seung Yeon), Dan Hwal’s wife from when he was a human centuries ago. Notably, Dan Sol is dressed in modern-day attire despite hailing from 600 years ago, and the two women appear to be a team as they stand together, looking out in the same direction.

Spoiler

Gong-Seung-Yeon-Kwon-Nara.jpg

“Bulgasal” will premiere on December 18 at 9 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out a teaser for the drama here!

• Like 2

First still of Gong Seung-yeon from 'Invincible'... Producer "Expect the weight and depth"

PS21120200024.jpg

Gong Seung-yeon shows off her in-depth acting skills through tvN's 'Immortal'.

Gong Seung-yeon takes on the role of Dan-sol, the wife of Dan-hwal (Lee Jin-wook) 600 years ago. As the only daughter of a military officer Dan-geuk (Jung Jin-young) who has spent her whole life on the battlefield, she was not able to receive the love of her father or of her father-in-law because she was married to her by her father's orders. .

She gave birth to a child and met her only family who loved her, but even that ended in her tragedy. In the published photo, Dansol (Gong Seungyeon) is caught facing her long sorrow and short happiness, making her listen and pay attention to her sad story.

First of all, the appearance stained with tears causes regret. She cried so much that the corners of her eyes were burning red and her lips were dry, making her understand how much pain she must have lived through. In addition, her subtle tension is blooming as to where her resentful gaze is headed.

On the other hand, the unique appearance of Dansol on her horse while wearing her men's clothes also attracts her attention. Her defensive gestures and determined eyes that pull her child with her into her arms reveal her deep maternal love for her children. Not only that, at this time, her child's eyes are covered with a black cloth, which raises her curiosity.

The production team of 'Invincible' said, "You will be able to properly feel the weight and depth of actor Gong Seung-yeon through the single character. Please look forward to it a lot.”

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01144726629274584&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 2

Gong Seung Yeon Is Forced To Marry Lee Jin Wook Against Her Will In Upcoming Drama “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 3, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Bulgasal” (literal title) has shared a new glimpse of Gong Seung Yeon in character!

“Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Gong Seung Yeon will star in the drama as Dan Sol, Dan Hwal’s wife from 600 years ago, who possesses a mysterious power that others can’t comprehend. As the only daughter of military officer Dan Geuk (played by Jung Jin Young), Dan Sol is forced by her father to marry Dan Hwal against her will. In one of the newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Dan Sol’s face is stained with tears as she glares miserably at someone outside the frame. 

Trapped in a loveless marriage that she didn’t want—and having spent her whole life unloved by her father—Dan Sol finally gets to experience what it feels like to be loved by a family member when she gives birth to her first child. However, even that brief happiness ends in tragedy.

Another photo captures Dan Sol disguised as a man while riding on horseback with her son, holding him close as if to keep him safe. Her protective stance and the fierce glint in her eyes hint at the depth of her love for her son, who is only the spark of joy in her life.

Gong-Seung-Yeon.jpeg

Gong-Seung-Yeon-2.jpeg

The producers of “Bulgasal” commented, “Through the character of Dan Sol, viewers will be able to experience the weight and depth of Gong Seung Yeon’s acting.”

They went on to tease, “There is still a lot of information [about the plot and characters] that remains hidden, which will make the drama’s story that much more impactful and unpredictable.”

“Bulgasal” will premiere on December 18 at 9 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1501848wpp/gong-seung-yeon-is-forced-to-marry-lee-jin-wook-against-her-will-in-upcoming-drama-bulgasal

• Like 2

20 December K-Drama Premieres To Add Joy To Your Holidays

Dec 3, 2021
by D. Kim

Cozy up with plenty of new dramas this month!

Here’s what to anticipate in December:

“Bulgasal”

bulgasal.jpg

Cast: Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Nara, Lee Joon, Gong Seung Yeon, Jung Jin Young, Park Myung Shin, Kim Woo Seok, Han Dong Kyu, etc.

Premiere Date: December 18

Broadcast Details: Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. KST on tvN

“Bulgasal” is a fantasy drama about a woman who has experienced many reincarnations over the past 600 years while remembering all her past lives and a man who is immortal and has lived for over 600 years as a bulgasal, a mythical creature that feeds on human blood. Lee Jin Wook stars as the bulgasal Dan Hwal, and Kwon Nara plays Min Sang Woon, the woman who keeps getting reincarnated. Lee Joon is Ok Eul Tae, a refreshing and energetic person with a good personality, whereas Gong Seung Yeon stars as Dan Sol, Dan Hwal’s wife 600 years ago. Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1501666wpp/20-december-k-drama-premieres-to-add-joy-to-your-holidays

• Like 1

Jinwook Lee, why did he choose ‘immortal’, an immortal being?

110625934.1.jpg

110625935.1.jpg

110625936.1.jpg

Jinwook Lee revealed the reason for choosing tvN's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Immortal' (written by Kwon So-ra, Seo Jae-won, directed by Jang Young-woo) and his love for the work.

Jinwook Lee, who took on the role of Danhwal in the play, said, “When I read the synopsis and script, I felt new to how ‘Danhwal’ is not the main character who always makes righteous choices in adversity, but sometimes weak and agonizing.”

Regarding Danhwal, which became an inevitability in humans 600 years ago, “People tend to lose their memories and become blunt as time passes, but in the play, ‘Danhwal’ is the punishment that was given to him in order to achieve his goal of revenge after living 600 years. A person who thinks and lives as Characters who have lived for a long time have been dealt with a lot, but I thought it was rare to find a character whose emotions were still intact.

Lee Jin-wook said, "So, when acting, it was awkward and new, but the director and writer talked about the part that it can be a prejudice that only 'people who realize everything and are perfectly cool' can be the main characters, so we struggled and communicated together." I'm making the character 'Danhwal'." He said, "Even if the circumstances change, I am a person who has lived without change for 600 years, so I wanted to show the loneliness of 'Danhwal' through styling with the feeling of old clothes and a hair style that I had grown haphazardly."

As for the three words that can express Danhwal, "First, the 'stopped clock', the clock of Danhwal has stopped for a long time. ‘A compass that has lost its direction’, it means a single arrow with no clue where to go or where you want to go. And 'revenge', the spirit of revenge towards the one who lost everything, moves Dang-Hwa."

‘Immortal’ is expected to come with fresh materials and stories of Korean creatures, including the immortal existence of immortality that existed in the ancient Korean peninsula, as well as various other precious treasures. Jinwook Lee said, “It was the first time I knew that there are so many different kinds of treasures in Korea. Now, I think a lot of Korean treasures will be treated in various works. In particular, I think that it has a different charm from existing creatures because it has a unique Korean character.”

https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20211206/110625958/1

• Like 1

Watch: Lee Jin Wook Vows To Protect Kwon Nara In Suspenseful Teaser For “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 6, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s upcoming drama “Bulgasal” shared a thrilling new teaser!

“Bulgasal” is a new fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara will star as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal but remembers all her past lives.

The newly released teaser begins with Dan Hwal narrating, “At long last, I found you, and you found me.” As Dan Hwal slowly approaches a woman who has fallen down on the ground, Min Sang Woon narrates, “Even if I’m reborn again numerous times, we will meet again without fail.” A mysterious hand with a knife appears, trying to stab Min Sang Woon, but Dan Hwal blocks the hand from behind before it can stab her.

The teaser travels back to the past where a camp is on fire, and a general yells, “It’s a surprise attack!” Swords are drawn and fighting ensues as Dan Hwal questions, “Why did you do that? Why on earth did you do that?” and Min Sang Woon pleads for help. Meanwhile, the text on screen reads, “His fate, which he lost 600 years ago, has finally come.” The teaser concludes with Dan Hwal proclaiming, “You won’t die. I’ll protect you.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1502373wpp/watch-lee-jin-wook-vows-to-protect-kwon-nara-in-suspenseful-teaser-for-bulgasal

• Like 1

‘Invincible’ Kwon Nara, “Please look at my first fantasy challenge, new and different sides” Kwon Nara, “Impossible” Kwon Nara, “Please look at my first fantasy challenge, new and diverse aspects”

202112071031258990_l.jpg

Kwon Nara, who is challenging the first fantasy genre with 'Invincible', heralded a new look.

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Invincible' is a sad but beautiful story of a man who has become invincible, which cannot be killed or aged, chases after a woman who repeats reincarnation for 600 years.

Kwon Nara, who takes on the role of Min Sang-woon, a woman who repeats death and reincarnation in the play, said about the character, "I was separated from my mother and sister by an unknown person when I was young, but I am determined to protect my brother, the last remaining family. The heart is stronger than anyone else. She thinks that as the story progresses, she is a strong character within the outhouse who will actively demonstrate her will and activeness that gradually become stronger. In addition, as this is my first attempt at a fantasy genre project, I would be grateful if you could see a new and diverse side of actress Kwon Nara, which is different from what she has shown in the past.”

Kwon Nara (played by Min Sang-woon) also talked about why she chose 'Immortal', saying, "First of all, it was so much fun when I first encountered the script. Also, the character ‘Min Sang-woon’ felt attractive, so I really wanted to try it.” She continued, "It's basically a fantasy genre that connects the past and the present, but I wanted to try it because scenes where you can feel the family love in the drama warmly approached."

In addition, the three words that can express Min Sang-woon (Kwon Nara) in the play were also chosen with warmth, such as 'brightness', 'warmth' and 'light'. She said, "Min Sang-woon is a 'bright and warm light in the dark'. Although there is her pain in her childhood, she does not hesitate in it and always lives independently with her warm heart to protect her last remaining family, her younger brother. Also, I think Sangwoon is a bright light that illuminates all the characters in the drama 'Invincible'. As the story unfolds, I think she is a person who has a positive impact on everyone,” she explained. Therefore, I am curious as to what kind of narrative and emotions Kwon Nara, who has left a deep impact in each work, will draw on the hearts of viewers this time.

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=216193

• Like 1

Actors Jin-wook Lee and Seung-yeon Gong appear in 'Nolto'.

345d0a7f06f0ce.jpg

Actors Jin-wook Lee and Seung-yeon Gong appear in 'Nolto'. As a result of the coverage of Joy News 24 on the 6th, Jinwook Lee and Seungyeon Gong participated in the recording of tvN's entertainment program 'Amazing Saturday' (Nolto) on the 3rd.

The reason why the two appeared in 'Nolto' is to promote tvN's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Immortal', and they will challenge for the first 'Budget'. Expectations are growing as to what kind of synergy will be created when Jinwook Lee's quirky charm, which is not often seen in variety shows, and Gong Seungyeon's unique positive energy meet.

'Invincible' is a sad but beautiful story about a man who has become impossible to kill and cannot die and chases after a woman who has been reincarnated for 600 years. It is a Korean-style fantasy narrative that repeats death and reincarnation, unraveling the narrative of characters intertwined with relationships and karma from the past to the present.

Jinwook Lee takes on the role of Dan-hwal, who was a human 600 years ago but has become invincible, while Gong Seung-yeon takes on the role of Dan-sol, the wife of Dan-hwal in the past. 'Invincible' will premiere on the 18th.

https://m.inews24.com/v/1429680

• Like 2

Immortal' Military Officer Jin-young Jeong → Mister Park Myung-shin Revealed, Overwhelming Presence

PS21120800033.jpg

Past and present characters in 'Invincible' have been revealed.

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Immortal', which will be broadcast for the first time on the 18th, is a sad but beautiful story of a man who can neither kill nor die, and pursues a woman who repeats reincarnation for 600 years.

In the photo released on the 8th, the dangeuk (Jung Jin-young), the shaman (Park Myung-shin), and Nam Do-yoon (Kim Woo-seok) leading the 'Invincible' are contained.

Jung Jin-young's single play is wearing armor and exuding overwhelming charisma. As a military officer who has spent his whole life on the battlefield, he can feel the accumulated charm and intimidation of those years. It raises curiosity about what kind of tragedy the choice of a single drama will bring about as a marriage between his cherished subordinate Dan-hwal (Lee Jin-wook) and his only daughter Dan-sol (Gong Seung-yeon), who treated him harshly.

Park Myung-shin, who has transformed into a shaman, steals her gaze with her unusual visuals. The colored fabrics intertwined with a curved back like a hunchback create a gloomy atmosphere, creating an eerie atmosphere. The gaze staring at a distant place with a cane in hand is more meaningful as it looks forward to the future.

Also, 600 years later, Nam Do-yoon, a modern person, changes the atmosphere 180 degrees with bright and cheerful energy, unlike the previous two figures. However, contrary to his bright appearance, Namdo Yoon, who has been through hardships and has led a difficult life, sees Dan Hwa, who punishes those who bully him, and begins to follow him like a puppy.

The production team of 'Invincible' added, "There are many diverse and attractive characters as they are set in the past and present 600 years ago. I think you will enjoy it more if you look at what kind of relationship each character will have."

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=76271547672

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01164406629276552&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 1

December 10 2021

Ep.1 trailer for tvN drama “Bulgasal: Immortal Souls”

Bulgasal-Immortal_Souls-SM01.jpg

Ep.1 trailer added for tvN drama series “Bulgasal: Immortal Souls” starring Lee Jin-Wook and Kwon Na-Ra. Narration in the trailer goes (0:03) Jung Jin-Young “Your name is Hwal from now on,” (0:07) Lee Jin-Wook “I’ve been looking for you for 600 years to end the curse that never dies.” Meanwhile, below are still images of Lee Jin-Woo and Kwon Na-Ra in the drama series.

“Bulgasal: Immortal Souls” will first air December 18, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: “Immortality” tells the story of Dan Hwal (Lee Jin-Wook) and Min Sang-Woon (Kwon Na-Ra).

Dan Hwal was a human 600 years ago. While he was carrying out his mission as a military officer to erase the remnants of the former dynasty, he became immortal. He has been immortal for the past 600 years.

Min Sang-Woon used to be immortal. She is now reincarnated into a human being and lives as a human. After she went through a tragic event, she changed her name and identity. She lives in hiding and looks to exact revenge.

Ok Eul-Tae (Lee Joon) is immortal. Unlike Dan-Hwal, he enjoys his immortality, as well as power and wealth.

In the past, Dan Sol (Gong Seung-Yeon) used to be Dan Hwal ’s wife. She has something special.

• Like 1