[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

22 hours ago, andy78 said:

yes...he did something to her first...before he was HWAL...that night maybe  she tried to break the curse by killing him...i don't know why but i have the feeling his wife is her younger sister in this life!!!

Oh maybe, I agree I think the younger sister is his wife in this life as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Oh maybe, I agree I think the younger sister is his wife in this life as well.

yes i'm almost sure his former wife is now her younger sister...we did not see her face when she was a child ...just the adult face...and we did see the younger sister when she was a child but not her adult face yet...imagine his shock?what a mess!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

yes i'm almost sure his former wife is now her younger sister...we did not see her face when she was a child ...just the adult face...and we did see the younger sister when she was a child but not her adult face yet...imagine his shock?what a mess!!!

:what!:    

I didnt even think of that, but its possible...  :approves:

I wonder if we will also see the reincarnation of the little girl who hit him...

FG2r6n8VEAEqUlE?format=jpg&name=360x360

FHKEWJkXMAQY3oQ?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3

Oh boy..this drama is sooo good, going to watch agaun the first 2 episodes, still find new details every tine I see them. The production of this drama is really amazing, the details, all really 100% great. 

• Like 2

Kwon Nara Talks About Learning To Be Courageous From Her “Bulgasal” Character And Keeping An Open Mind

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 23, 2021
by S. Nam

Kwon Nara looks breathtaking in her new pictorial for Marie Claire magazine!

In the new pictorial, Kwon Nara models beautiful and elegant dresses that show off her unique style, and she also captivates with her charismatic aura.

Kwon-Nara-1.jpg

In the interview that followed the photo shoot, Kwon Nara talked about her new tvN drama “Bulgasal,” a fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara plays Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Kwon Nara revealed that she learned about courage through the character of Min Sang Woon. She explained, “There is a lot I learn through my roles. While acting as Sang Woon, I can feel myself changing bit by bit. I learned to be courageous from Sang Woon, who confronts difficulties and doesn’t avoid them at any moment.”

The actress continued, “In order to be able to do anything, my heart has to open up first. I have to keep an open mind in order to understand and accept other people’s opinions. In particular, I try to accept and absorb a lot [of opinions] on set.”

Spoiler

Kwon-Nara-2.jpg

Kwon-Nara-4.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1505048wpp/kwon-nara-talks-about-learning-to-be-courageous-from-her-bulgasal-character-and-keeping-an-open-mind

• Like 4

8 hours ago, marrez1 said:

who will win?

i think he was not in love with his wife...they were more like brother and sister...the general wanted them married...was more like duty...i bet the eldest sister(Female lead ) will win...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

i think he was not in love with his wife...they were more like brother and sister...the general wanted them married...was more like duty...i bet the eldest sister(Female lead ) will win...

YES, I'm talking about the present where the three are living right now, as some comments suggest that there will be romance in the drama, but everyone has their own prognosis or ship

• Like 2

Okay. Wow. Haha.

I'm not sure what to think of this show. Was it a webtoon? I am interested to see what happens next, but there is weird... outre element. Like, it's just... haha. I don't know.

I like the leads, so I will keep watching.

The vibe reminds me of "Black Knight" and "Arthdal Chronicles." It's... fun, I guess? Mostly just weird. You keep shaking your head thinking, "What am I watching?

• Like 2

Bulgasal: Immortal Souls: Episodes 1-2 (Review)

by missvictrix

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Bulgasal_0.jpg

Bulgasal_0.jpg

Would you like some blood with your K-drama? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Gory folklore and sumptuous cinematography make Bulgasal: Immortal Souls a compelling tale of curses, fate, and monsters. Who knew a thing could be so bloody and beautiful simultaneously?

EPISODES 1-2 REVIEW

With long episodes, and lots and lots of backstory, Bulgasal: Immortal Souls is quite a drama to take a bite of. But before we even get to the story, the question that lingers on my mind is quite simple: how the heck is this only rated 15? It’s the bloodiest thing I’ve even seen in dramaland. The next question is this: I don’t like blood, so why did I enjoy it so much? And I guess the answer is that the blood suits the story, and the story is quite rich.

That story, and its logic, hangs very much on us believing in karma, bad fate, and the monster folklore mentioned above. If you’re ready and willing to get sucked into this world, Bulgasal: Immortal Souls is as frightening and brutal as it is the sort of story that engulfs you.

We start our story near the end of the Goryeo period, where a group of peasants and farmers are traveling through rugged terrain and come in contact with a monster. According to the world of the story, monsters were a physical and actual thing in those days. And in keeping with the folklore, they have names, stories, features, and predictable behaviors. Among those was the bulgasal, known to feast on human blood. (There’s our theme again!)

We meet our hero as a baby in the womb — his mother is a part of the group of peasants who meet the bulgasal. The shaman of the group says the baby is cursed, and sure enough, even though the mother kills herself, the baby is born and survives — but his ill fate is marked by the bulgasal.

The boy is abandoned and feared by all, and barely scrapes together enough to survive in the brutal terrain. When the bulgasal attacks the peasants, though, they’re quick to blame our little boy hero, and have no qualms about killing him to satisfy the beast. They’ve threatened it before, but it comes to a peak pretty quickly — it’s a tense moment, and the sweet little boy is about to die. But suddenly, he’s saved by a gorgeous woman (Kwon Nara) who rushes in and takes the dagger for him.

This same moment introduces GENERAL DAN (Jung Jin-young) who rides up with his men. He’s a breath of fresh air amidst the superstition and violence of the villagers. He saves the boy, takes him back to his home, and raises him as a son.

The boy is named HWAL and grows up to be a fearless warrior (Lee Jin-wook) in the footsteps of his adoptive father. General Dan has spent his career with Hwal hunting down the last monsters in the kingdom, as Goryeo gives way to Joseon. Though the General believes in these beasts and hunts them down, he also doesn’t believe in their power — he doesn’t pay heed to the talk of Hwal’s bad fate, and even lets Hwal marry his daughter SOL (Gong Seung-yeon).

It’s hard to know whether we’re supposed to believe in the cursed fate or not, because both the General and Hwal fight against it. But eventually, it’s too strong to fight. While hunting the bulgasal, Hwal learns that the beast was and is actually the beautiful woman who saved him as a boy.

They have a string of gorgeous, sumptuous, and incredibly bloody encounters — and tons more backstory – but in the end, what happens is that the bulgasal kills Hwal (and his family), and steals his soul. Our soulless hero is now immortal, and it’s a terrible curse. He’s taken on the role of the bulgasal, and lost everything. He’s now the very monster whom he was hunted down by his whole life.

MORE https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/bulgasal-immortal-souls-episodes-1-2-review/

• Like 3

wow ep 3 was great !!!I just knew it his former wife is her sister...poor he looked so shocked...ep 4 preview is even better he realised there is one more bulgasal that killed her familly and is after her...

Merry Christmas my friends!!!

• Like 1

Ep 3:love:

I'm still rewinding the scene where Bulgasal is seeing eye to eye with innocent Sang-Un, it's so Hot!!, I thought he's going to kiss her !!

And then hahahaha, Gong Seung-Yeon appeared in a 'rock n roll theme' chick. I got confused and I'm sure Bulgasal is confused too.

Gong Seung Yeon Throws A Wrench In Lee Jin Wook’s Plan For Revenge Against Kwon Nara In “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 26, 2021
by S. P

Gong Seung Yeon’s appearance could lead to an interesting plot twist in tvN’s “Bulgasal”!

“Bulgasal” is a fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that cannot die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Spoilers

600 years in the past, Dan Hwal’s wife Dan Sol suffered a tragic death, and now she has been reincarnated as none other than Min Si Ho (Gong Seung Yeon), who is Min Sang Woon’s little sister. Unlike the hanbok (traditional Korean clothing) worn by Dan Sol, Min Si Ho appears in a simple T-shirt and eye makeup.

With viewers already curious about her character, Dan Hwal’s sudden appearance at Min Si Ho’s house makes things even more unpredictable. What’s more, he seems to be protecting her from something as he covers her mouth with his hand. The stills raise questions about whether the pair will feel a connection from their past lives, as well as what kind of dangerous situation could have befallen her.

Gong-Seung-Yeon2.jpg

Lee-Jin-Wook-Gong-Seung-Yeon1.jpg

Another set of stills previews a meeting between Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon. Crossing paths in a dark tunnel, they eye each other amidst an uncanny atmosphere. Min Sang Woon regards Dan Hwal with anger etched in her features, causing viewers to wonder how her attitude towards him has changed.

Spoiler

Kwon-Nara2.jpg

Lee-Jin-Wook-1.jpg

Dan Hwal has chased down Min Sang Woon for 600 years in the name of revenge for turning him into a bulgasal as well as to atone for being unable to protect his family. With the appearance of Min Si Ho, will he be able to stay on track with his plan for revenge?

This episode of “Bulgasal” will air on December 26 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1505538wpp/gong-seung-yeon-throws-a-wrench-in-lee-jin-wooks-plan-for-revenge-against-kwon-nara-in-bulgasal

• Like 4