[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

1 hour ago, illay said:

I personally want Sang Un becomes bulgasal so both two are immortal and can accompany each other forever.

That would be a great end...telling the truth that 's who they were...both of them :BULGASALS!!!

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, illay said:

I personally want Sang Un becomes bulgasal so both two are immortal and can accompany each other forever. ET gets back his soul, die and on his next life , We are shown  that He is running away from human monster who are catching him  :naughty:

If the writers decide to keep Sang un as human & Hwal as bulgasal ( probably ET will be locked inside the well) then I think it's a bittersweet ending. It's kind of sad to think that when Sang Un and family get old and die, He will be alone again & need to get used to it again. He will need to wait again for Sang Un's next reincarnation like Goblin.

If both of Hwal & ET die at the end, then they will be perished. Maybe We will be shown his next life as human meeting Sang Un.

About the teaser where both Hwal-SU embraced each other on a beach...some people speculated that it's for the ending of this drama but I really doubt it. I mean..will the production team be that crazy enough to use an ending as a teaser?

Goblin's ending is still haunting me... The worst ending ever...:isannoyed:

I think same as you. I'll prefer to see them as Bulgasals again! Things have to return in place so i guess ET will retrieve his soul from Sangwoon, Hwal and Sangwoon will live as Bulgasals.

Si-ho will live happily with her new family and will give birth to a reincarnation of shaman ajumma.

But i have a feeling that most of revelations will not be shown to us and we'll stay in despair to know the truth:sad1:

• Like 7

“Our Beloved Summer” Tops Most Buzzworthy Drama Rankings For 3rd Week + “Bulgasal” Cast Dominates Actor Rankings

Feb 4, 2022
by E. D

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Bulgasal” maintained its strong hold on the charts this week, coming in at No. 2 for most buzzworthy dramas as well as occupying five spots on the most buzzworthy drama cast members list. Lee Jin Wook came in at No. 3, Lee Joon at No. 4, Kwon Nara at No. 8, Gong Seung Yeon at No. 9, and Kim Woo Seok at No. 10.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of January are as follows:

1. SBS “Our Beloved Summer”
2. tvN “Bulgasal”
3. KBS2 “Young Lady and Gentleman”
4. SBS “Through the Darkness”
5. MBC “Tracer”
6. JTBC “Snowdrop”
7. tvN “Ghost Doctor
8. KBS2 “Moonshine
9. TV Chosun “Uncle
10. tvN “Bad and Crazy”

And the top 10 most buzzworthy drama cast members are as follows:

1. Kim Da Mi (“Our Beloved Summer”)
2. Choi Woo Shik (“Our Beloved Summer”)
3. Lee Jin Wook (“Bulgasal”)
4. Lee Joon (“Bulgasal”)

5. Lee Se Hee (“Young Lady and Gentleman”)
6. Kim Nam Gil (“Through the Darkness”)
7. Ji Hyun Woo (“Young Lady and Gentleman”)
8. Kwon Nara (“Bulgasal”)
9. Gong Seung Yeon (“Bulgasal”)
10. Kim Woo Seok (“Bulgasal”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511401wpp/our-beloved-summer-tops-most-buzzworthy-drama-rankings-for-3rd-week-bulgasal-cast-dominates-actor-rankings

• Like 9

It has been a very long journey for us. I can't believe that we waited until the very end to get some answers. I hope that it won't disappoint, or else I'll be extremely resentful. What's the point of making viewers struggle like this only to make them angry at the end???

I hope the cycle of rebirth stops here, since the show implies that those people reincarnate because of the bad karma of 1000 years ago. Let them have "just one" but happy ending.

• Like 8

4 Of The Most Memorable And Impactful Scenes From “Bulgasal” Thus Far

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 4, 2022
by S. Cho

Even though the drama has yet to finish, “Bulgasal” has already left an impact on viewers with its memorable scenes and lines.

tvN’s “Bulgasal” is a fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that does not die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Spoilers

Throughout the drama, the two have faced drastic emotions and key changes that have remained as meaningfully memorable scenes for viewers. Here are some of the best scenes and lines from “Bulgasal” so far!

1. Episode 2: “You’ve created new karma that has once again led to retribution.”

600 years ago, Dan Hwal forgot his past life as a bulgasal and was reincarnated as a human. However, when he’s crying out after seeing his family die tragic deaths, Dan Hwal is suddenly stabbed by a female bulgasal (played by Kwon Nara). She is then able to absorb his soul and reincarnate into a human herself.

Once Dan Hwal becomes a bulgasal again, he blames the female bulgasal for the death of his family, eventually stabbing her back. She then cries tears of resentment and mentions their repeating karma. This was the signal that made viewers even more curious about the two’s hidden history.

Lee-Jin-Wook-Kwon-Nara-4.jpeg

2. Episode 7: “My name is Dan Hwal” and Episode 11: “You’ve become more important than my revenge.”

This is the moment when Dan Hwal starts looking at the present rather than focusing on the revenge of his past life from 600 years prior, while Min Sang Woon also becomes aware of her emotions. Before it’s revealed that Ok Eul Tae (Lee Joon) is responsible for the deaths of Dan Hwal’s family, Dan Hwal considers the female bulgasal as his enemy, even initially hating the reincarnated Min Sang Woon.

However, Min Sang Woon’s innocence, honesty, and down-to-earth personality makes Dan Hwal remorseful, making him finally view her for who she is now. When he finally tells her, “My name is Dan Hwal,” it symbolizes him breaking down the wall that he had so firmly put up between them. Additionally, when Min Sang Woon is faced with the realization that Dan Hwal may die with Ok Eul Tae, she admits her feelings for him. She confesses, “You’ve become more important than my revenge,” which causes a shift in their relationship.

Kwon-Nara-2.jpeg

3. Episode 12: Dan Hwal’s cruel smile and Min Sang Woon’s mysterious rage from 1000 years ago

Episode 12 of “Bulgasal” went back 1000 years ago to reveal the shocking past lives of both Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon. As a bulgasal, Dan Hwal stood covered in blood among dead bodies with a mysteriously cruel smile. This creepy scene left a dramatic impact on viewers because it was a completely different image from present-day Dan Hwal who is always humane, even though he is still a bulgasal.

On the other hand, Min Sang Woon was the mysterious female bulgasal in her past life 1000 years ago. Not only was she mysterious, she was also full of rage as she angrily sprinted towards Dan Hwal while holding a sword. Because these past bulgasals are so different from their current selves, this scene left viewers begging for more answers about what exactly happened 1000 years ago.

4. Episode 14: “Hell doesn’t end” and “I will protect you.”

When Dan Hwal loses Hye Seok (Park Myung Shin), he cries out as he reflects on their memories. Dan Hwal also expresses regret for treating Hye Seok so coldly due to trauma from an ill-fated relationship in his past life that has made him afraid to show affection.

After living alone for so many years, Dan Hwal originally thought that he would eventually become numb. However, this moment makes all the loneliness and pain of his family’s death come back to him as he explains, “Hell doesn’t end.” In response, Min Sang Woon holds him in her arms and comforts him saying, “I will protect you.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1511302wpp/4-of-the-most-memorable-and-impactful-scenes-from-bulgasal-thus-far

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I'm a little bit confused about the time line. Maybe someone can clear it up for me, please.

1000 years ago, I think it was shown that the brother ET killed was Hwal. So Hwal was human at that time?

Then, also 1000 years ago, Hwal was Bulgasal and stole ET's soul !?

Or is it not the same time line !?:huh:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, spartania said:

1000 years ago, I think it was shown that the brother ET killed was Hwal. So Hwal was human at that time?

Then, also 1000 years ago, Hwal was Bulgasal and stole ET's soul !?

Both occasions are from the same time line, 1000 years ago. The brother that ET killed was not Hwal. It's just a speculation from some viewers before it's shown that Hwal was originally a Bulgasal. 

Yes...Hwal stole ET's soul. It's discussed here that it seems that Hwal &  bulgalady were going to die so He stole ET's soul to save bulgalady. The principle  introduced on this drama is if One bulgasal  is alive, the other one will keep  alive. ET became  bulgasal and alive so bulgalady would  be alive too. In other word, Hwal was sacrificing.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, illay said:

The brother that ET killed was not Hwal. It's just a speculation from some viewers

Thank you, I was quite confused about this bit.

3 hours ago, illay said:

In other word, Hwal was sacrificing.

On the other hand, I'm not too sure that Hwal was sacrificing. With all the recent flashbacks, I think he might have been a little bit of a jerk in the past :D. I'm gonna wait the last revelations this week-end.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Yeah. Looks like He was the super hot but controlling and possessive alpha boyfriend that’s Exciting …at first.

Perhaps, he was wary of humans, didn't trust them since he knew how cruel and cunning humans can be. That's why he didn't want to raise those human children, while Sangasal loved humans and was mesmerized by babies (as a female she probably wanted to be a mother herself). Their different opinions on humans created a friction between them, and then...ET appeared and ruined everything easily since their relationship was already unstable.

• Like 7

New hairstyles/fashion  usually are indications of time passing, change in circumstances, new attitudes ETC. He has already been looking much more kemp and well dressed last couple of episodes as you want to look nice for your girl naturally but She looks so much more elegant and put together here doesn’t she? Hopefully this means the SU has settled down with  Ex? Bulgasal with gold to spend on her LOL  and doesn’t have worry about getting monster blood and guts all over her now.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

New OST 'Beyond the Time' by Janet Seo will be released today. This song is inserted in a number of scenes, including the narrative of Hwa (Lee Jin-wook) and Sang-woon (Kwon Nara), as well as the scene where the affectionate family love that came from the people around him stood out.

spacer.png

I think I heard a song sung by a man on some last episodes but I wonder why  It's not released yet. 

• Like 7

Lee Jin Wook And Lee Joon Are Ready For A Bloody Showdown In “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 5, 2022
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Bulgasal” has previewed a thrilling moment from tonight’s episode!

“Bulgasal” is a fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that does not die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Spoilers

The only way to completely get rid of two bulgasals is to stab their hearts at the same time. Min Sang Woon previously vowed to protect Dan Hwal, but will she be able to do that without harming him? Viewers are increasingly curious about who will win this epic battle: Dan Hwal or Ok Eul Tae (Lee Joon).

New stills show Dan Hwal entering the eerie place where the black well that seals bulgasals forever is located. Ok Eul Tae is waiting for him, and the bright red blood of an unknown victim covering his face makes viewers shudder. The two men were on the same side before, but now, they are bloodthirsty enemies.

lee-jin-wook1.jpg

Spoiler

lee-joon1.jpg

In addition, Kwon Ho Yeol (Jung Jin Young) is spotted aiming his gun at someone. He resented the bulgasal for killing his father and younger sibling, and he was shocked when Ok Eul Tae told him that the bulgasal was none other than Dan Hwal. As a result, there is growing curiosity about whether Kwon Ho Yeol will eventually choose to get revenge against Dan Hwal. Also, viewers are curious to find out if Min Sang Woon will be able to protect her family and Dan Hwal from Ok Eul Tae. The unpredictable situation has amped up the excitement for the next episode.

jung-jin-young.jpg

Spoiler

kwon-nara1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511524wpp/lee-jin-wook-and-lee-joon-are-ready-for-a-bloody-showdown-in-bulgasal

• Like 7

“Bulgasal” Stars Say Goodbye And Thank Viewers Ahead Of Finale

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 5, 2022
by E. Cha

With just two episodes left to go, the stars of tvN’s “Bulgasal” have shared their thoughts ahead of the drama’s highly-anticipated finale!

As “Bulgasal” heads into the final two episodes of its run, Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Nara, Lee Joon, and Gong Seung Yeon all took a moment to look back on their experience filming the fantasy drama.

Lee Jin Wook remarked, “A long, long journey has ended. I don’t think I’ll be able to forget the precious time I spent living as Dan Hwal. I also won’t forget the memories I made with my fellow actors, the director, and the ‘Bulgasal’ team that worked so hard.”

He went on to tell the drama’s viewers, “I hope that all of you will also be happy together with the people by your side. Please stay healthy, and I wish you lots of good fortune in the new year.”

Lee-Jin-Wook.jpg

Kwon Nara commented, “To me, ‘Bulgasal’ was a valuable experience and a great memory. I was truly happy during the time that I was able to act as Sang Woon, and I was able to be happy thanks to the fact that so many people cared for Sang Woon. I would like to sincerely thank everyone who watched us and cheered us on. I will greet you again as an even better version of myself in the future. Happy New Year, and I hope your 2022 will be full of only good things.”

Kwon-Nara.jpg

Lee Joon emphasized just how much “Bulgasal” meant to him as an actor, sharing, “By meeting [the character of] Ok Eul Tae, I was able to take on a new challenge. I think this was a tremendous project for me, to the extent where I wondered, ‘Could there be another production that would allow me to act out such a huge emotional journey?’ As much as it was difficult and tiring, the drama was also that much more meaningful and happy for me. Thank you to the viewers who cheered us on up until the very end.”

Spoiler

Lee-Joon.jpg

Finally, Gong Seung Yeon remarked, “It was such a huge honor as an actor to be able to act in this new Korean take on the creature genre, which switched back and forth from 600 years in the past to the present day, and to be able to work with the amazing director and staff on set.”

“I’m so proud that many people showed interest in and gave love to the result created by the hard work of my fellow cast and crew members,” she continued. “Thank you for giving lots of love to Dan Sol and Si Ho, and I will consistently work hard so that I can show you many good things as actress Gong Seung Yeon in the future.”

Spoiler

Gong-Seung-Yeon.jpg

The final two episodes of “Bulgasal” will air on February 5 and 6 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511517wpp/bulgasal-stars-say-goodbye-and-thank-viewers-ahead-of-finale

• Like 7