[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

The fun vibe that excited me whenever I start play button each episode of Bulgasal drama is the Intro music:lol:!

It just with saying "Aaahhhh,....waaaaa......Waaaaaaaaaaaa"!! and then you scream *If you follow the intro ost you will be screaming too but I just pretend I opened my mouth! - At 1st and 2nd episode I found it eerie, but after that not so scary.

Now, Ok Eul Tae profile after episode 5:

He's very lonely old (600 years?) man, very single (I don't see he has a girlfriend or a wife - or maybe he's pursuing one?).

He's a vampire and more importantly he's very weak because He cannot kill Lady Sang Woon LOL.

I am sure Eul Tae is very happy to meet 400 years old Hwal.

That episode 5 restaurant scene is very funny, Eul Tae was so disappointed Hwal leaving in a rush while EulTae still have lots of story to catch up, like an old friend.

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Are they both former lovers of BulgaLady back then? Would that explain why Eul Tae refers to Sang Woon as their common enemy?

Maybe the missing 400 years went this way:

Eul Tae, the OG Bulgasal, fancied BulgaLady but she in turn fancied a human (Hwal's past life?) who rejected her when he learned she's a Bulgasal. Hence her curse on him when he's born again?

I dunno. They haven't explained yet why BulgaLady was suddenly mad at Hwal back then after constantly saving him since he was a kid.:sweat_smile:

• Like 6

@scribbledjunkie yup we are still waiting what happen in 400 years before Hwal is born.

If you watch the scene when before one twin die, she did mention to Eul Tae that her twin will put everything back together despite he tried to kill them. 

I'm still looking forward how the mystery will be revealed because we still clueless how Hwal is being cursed before he was born. The birth scene in episode one really scary and it remind me of the old horror movie in the 90's. 

• Like 7

Now, if I look back at episode 1, maybe Hwal's mother was murdered instead. Her water broke with some blood and then Hwal was born, meaning she was probably having contractions and for her to climb up a tree to hang herself without help, would not be easy. 

Hwal + Sang Woon probably were someone close to each other. 

Flashback at ep 3, when she touched Hwal's wound on his face he had some flashbacks of past which didn't exist in his current life. 

Hwal is a gentle and kind person. He cares about everyone he loves and when he found out that the past Sang Woon saved his life when she was a bulgasal, he wanted to descend the mountain and let go of his intention to destroy bulgasal until he overheard his son in the tent and remembered his vow to release him from the curse. 

His son probably had some ocular/brain tumor with metastasis like retinoblastoma/neuroblastoma as it was bleeding and he probably wouldn't have lived long. Of course dying cruelly being bitten and his blood being feast to a monster is not a great option either. 

Whenever Eul Tae bit and drank blood from human, his lips would have some blood but Sang Woon when she was bulgasal didn't have any blood stain on her lips, she had some blood splatter on her face and hand. Didn't seem like she killed Sol or A-Chan. 

Bulgasal Sang Woon in past also looked weak, she could have just killed the villagers when they tried to kill Hwal, instead she just took the stab wound. She choose peace instead of war and in turn sacrificing herself though it would have been painful.

Same with the arrows shot to her. 

Present Sang Woon didn't have the scar on her left upper chest,  but there were 2 stab wound by Hwal when he killed her in the past. 

One of in the stomach, and one on her upper chest. Not sure if she should have 2 scars instead of only 1?

Maybe the past reincarnation all had 2 scars but the twins had 1 each. 

I'm amazed with Bulgasal kdrama. Not sure why the ratings aren't that great. Maybe it's just my type of drama. I'm bored watching something that is predictable like the rest. At least Bulgasal keeps me thinking the possibilities of each theory. Thank you chingus for all the theories. I enjoy reading all of your post..and yes haha.. I also sing along with the intro music. Kinda like it that I don't skip it. 

Edited by Bleu Winter
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 3

i actually felt sorry for Sang Woon in ep6..

Hwal's attention was on Si Ho, the ex detective also had so much concern for Si Ho, even the chatty blonde teenager (assuming he was their son) was more attentive to Si Ho.. everyone was family in the past lives, except her.

if the teenager was really meant to be their son, then the current Si Ho should be pregnant with a daughter.

but, who is the ex boyfriend?

==

agree that actor Lee Joon really acted really well in this role.. his eyes, were in hysterics like when he is in crazy mode.

he is getting popular with so many dramas right after his military discharge.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

I have this question lee joon could be  Hwai brother  the before this life time did you see the paining it show sang woo and hai going separate way and he monster like dying

Edited by Fummagirl
Bad writing
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Eul Tae did mention to Hwal that bulgasals like humans, kill and steal from each other.. so definitely there must be some ways how they kill each other even though they are soulless.

given that Sang Woon (in her original bulgasal form) was able to cast deadly curses, she might have been a powerful shaman in the bulgasal tribe.. this is just my speculation

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

Eul Tae did mention to Hwal that bulgasals like humans, kill and steal from each other.. so definitely there must be some ways how they kill each other even though they are soulless.

given that Sang Woon (in her original bulgasal form) was able to cast deadly curses, she might have been a powerful shaman in the bulgasal tribe.. this is just my speculation

it could be

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Fummagirl said:

But she only show us on the left siZe not the right size her twin sister have it on the right size but they said this they are doom went she remember all the past life that she doesn’t but also this I got my question that Dan hwi was born on a dead mother and have the scare on the hand went it was baby of those scare are important who did him first according the old lady in the past life that he was cruse since birth by  Bulgasal who was that lee joon he hated for her is that maybe she crushed him too but he remembered that why think for now I think about teenage.

the twin sister's scar is also on the left side. It's because She was facing the mirror (and the camera shot on the mirror) so it looks reversed. I was also confuse at first.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bleu Winter said:

Whenever Eul Tae bit and drank blood from human, his lips would have some blood but Sang Woon when she was bulgasal didn't have any blood stain on her lips, she had some blood splatter on her face and hand. Didn't seem like she killed Sol or A-Chan. 

I'm pretty sure it's not the bulgasal lady  but Ok Eul tae. When 2 soldiers were on patrolling outside the tent on ep 1, suddenly blood came out of their nose and after that all the soldiers on the tents were attacked. On the present time, when the ex- detective saw Ok eul tae sucked the blood of the human monster after the car accident on ep 4 and yelled to Eul Tae, blood suddenly came out of the ex detective's nose too when Eul Tae looked at him.

Anyone think that there might be also twins on Goryeo era? I am suspicious about this but the chance is small. The reason is I find it odd that the bulgasal lady helped young Hwal and then stabbed him later when He's grown up. Why didn't She do it after She saved him and was not conscious inside the cave. The lady who helped young Hwal wore the navy dress and the lady that adult Hwal met always wore red dress. I tried to dig more but unfortunately on the vision that Hwal got when Sang Un touched the scar on his face (ep 3), the lady's cloth was blurred. 

However this theory will not answer why the older twin sister doesn't have Hwal's soul :ph34r:

Anyway...the blonde guys..mhmmm..I think I need to pay attention more to this character from now. After Sang Woon asked if He could do the CPR and He answered that He didn't want to do it because He's afraid He might never go back....that's an alarm. In addition, there's an interview with the actor and He was asked to describe his character.

“He’s a pure, unsullied character. He’s a character who, if you paint him with red, turns red, and if you splatter him with black, transforms into something darker. He’s a boy who’s like a blank slate, and i think seeing how he gradually changes will be one of the joys of watching ‘Bulgasal.'

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

47 minutes ago, illay said:

After Sang Woon asked if He could do the CPR and He answered that He didn't want to do it because He's afraid He might never go back....that's an alarm.

My impression of that scene was different.  I thought it was a humorous expression of the fact that he didn't want to give the "kiss of life" to Hwal in case it would make him have gay feelings, and he ran away the way a kid will do when he is faced with a problem he doesn't know how to deal with.  This is the sort of jest that I have seen sometimes in other dramas, so I didn't see it as a dramatic red flag. 

Of course, I could easily be wrong (and I often am) but the scene made me laugh.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Now, Ok Eul Tae profile after episode 5:

He's very lonely old (600 years?) man, very single (I don't see he has a girlfriend or a wife - or maybe he's pursuing one?).

He's a vampire and more importantly he's very weak because He cannot kill Lady Sang Woon LOL.

I am sure Eul Tae is very happy to meet 400 years old Hwal.

That episode 5 restaurant scene is very funny, Eul Tae was so disappointed Hwal leaving in a rush while EulTae still have lots of story to catch up, like an old friend.

Isn't he 1000 years old? Hwal is 600 years old, and Eul Tae said he was walking this earth 400 years before Hwal became a bulgasal.

@illay That's interesting. Were they two originally? Perhaps, the one who loved Hwal had a tragic death, hence her sister grudge to put a curse on Hwal? That would explain her hatred. And if true, then Sang Woon is not the one who reincarnated for 600 years, but her twin sister. Sang Woon could be the tragic lover who died and that was finally reborn 600 years later (the one who will put everything on its place).

@thistle I have the same interpretation. He just didn't want to kiss him and cross the bondary.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, illay said:
2 hours ago, Kathia said:

Isn't he 1000 years old? Hwal is 600 years old, and Eul Tae said he was walking this earth 400 years before Hwal became a bulgasal.

@illay That's interesting. Were they two originally? Perhaps, the one who loved Hwal had a tragic death, hence her sister grudge to put a curse on Hwal? That would explain her hatred. And if true, then Sang Woon is not the one who reincarnated for 600 years, but her twin sister. Sang Woon could be the tragic lover who died and that was finally reborn 600 years later (the one who will put everything on its place).

@thistle I have the same interpretation. He just didn't want to kiss him and cross the bondary.

he look despair that maybe he was in love with her and she break his heart and  maybe was him that curse him because stealing his love maybe was her 

Edited by Fummagirl
Don’t let me see
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i actually felt sorry for Sang Woon in ep6..

Hwal's attention was on Si Ho, the ex detective also had so much concern for Si Ho, even the chatty blonde teenager (assuming he was their son) was more attentive to Si Ho.. everyone was family in the past lives, except her.

if the teenager was really meant to be their son, then the current Si Ho should be pregnant with a daughter.

but, who is the ex boyfriend?

Same. Sang Woon is basically an outsider in this group. Even ahjumma treats her with suspicion. But she's selfless and only wants to look after her sister. I hope we finally get an explanation about her real connection to Hwal in those missing 400 years.

@illay re: twins - I am suspecting the same thing!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kathia said:

\

Oh, wow this could be something maybe eh. It would be neat

7 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Am I the only one that believes that Hwal's son is cutie chatty blonde-haired boy?

I believe his is as well.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Kathia said:

Yes Chingu!, you're right @Kathia , my Math is not good after watching flashback scenes :D

The old EulTae is 1000 y.o - and Hwal is just 400.

--------------------------------------

By the way, aren't we going to celebrate Our OTP first kiss??

The CPR scenes, mouth to mouth rescue breathing ??

Hmmm i know it's not romantic enough for first kiss, because Hwal was unconscious or pretend to be one. LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 3