[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

8 hours ago, orion00 said:

He really good in wearing historic costume. Maybe if they change his hair style at the modern world he might looks very good. 

8 hours ago, Bleu Winter said:

I totally agree. Haha. Lee Jin Wook definitely looks good earlier, 1000 years ago and 600 years ago.

i like him in more clean cut look.. putting them in spoiler since its not drama content related.

Spoiler

61UEEMvLU0L._RI_.jpg

cr.: owner

than these..

4138142143.jpeg

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The short and closed sentences work perfectly for them...

Eul Tae - '' ...your girlfriend?''

Hwal - ''a spam call''

Eul Tae - ''I doubt it''..      :lol:

hmm..  I think ET was a little jealous.. 

i think Eul Tae is more of an attention seeker.. he craves to be the chosen one when people have to make choices.. his dad when choosing him and his step bro, Do Yoon when choosing him and Hwal, Hwal when choosing him and Sang Woon.. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, orion00 said:

One comment about the ML, he is hotter  1000 and 600 years ago compared to the current one. Maybe it just me.. lol

He really good in wearing historic costume. Maybe if they change his hair style at the modern world he might looks very good. 

yeap, he's hotter 1000yrs ago :love: lol i like the mess messy one 

so yeah, hwal is the bad guy?

remind me of Mouse, the ML turn out the real evil 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Snowdrop” and tvN’s “Bulgasal” both enjoyed modest rises in viewership last night. “Snowdrop” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 2.8 percent, while “Bulgasal” earned an average rating of 4.5 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/uncle-records-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-snowdrop-and-bulgasal-see-rise/#ixzz7Iqtn0e1o

• Like 3

I'm probably the only one who prefers Hwal in his modern garb, especially the ones he wore this week. Sang Woon, on the other hand, definitely needs some wardrobe upgrade. 

Thank goodness we at least had some crumb of revelations at what happened 1,000 years ago. The writers sure are taking their sweet time revealing the root of everyone's miseries (we all know it's Eul Tae and his choices). I guess this is what turned off most viewers from following this real-time... you'd be left frustrated that there are more questions than answers after each episode. Bulgasal is best for binge-watching. Hopefully we all get closure after the 16th episode. I'd hate for this to become another Alice.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, JustforBulgasal said:

@illay I love your last point. Afterall it was ET that told his father Bulga killed his brother. Maybe thats what he meant by Hwal choosing to save her. Perhaps he had a plan to be bulgalady equivalent with hwal when SW was 'captured', instead Hwal saved the day, and made ET and SW the bulga pair instead because he didnt want SW to die

Love this. I think you guys are right with both Sang Eun and Hwal dying and Hwal making Eultae Bulgasal to keep Sang Eun alive.

And like what everyone is saying, both Sangeun and Hwals memories can't be trusted.

They both have the same memory of that fire/killing scene but of each other being the evil one. 

What I'm thinking tho is that because their souls are one (as Eultae says he is half a bulgasal... Meaning they were both Bulgasals to start with but both were half), they might have a memory of each other being evil, but actually neither might have been evil.

Tho I am inclined to think Hwal and Sangeun were the original Bulgasals because of the painting, but I can't help but keep thinking of the scene where Hwal was in the cave and saw Sangeun as twins. 

In that case the twins were both Sang Eun and one of them made Hwal the bulgasal eventually. 

Gah am I the only one that think the love story was too sudden? Not complaining though cause I haven't seen soft Lee Jin Wook in so long (sweet home, voice 2 and 3), so I'm happy with the cute shy side of him again - I met him years ago and that's the actual him so it got me in the feels. Also cause the first drama I watched of him (smile again), he was the shy boy so that's my OG of him. Think his last sweet role was the time we were not in love? Hahaha Lee Jin wook really loves lonesome wolf roles aye.

Sorry I went off topic, but so curious about their love story. I'm sure his love wasn't one sided. Definitely both was both ways... Sangeun protected young Hwal, until the time she killed him and took his soul. So it was probably misunderstandings again and again. 

I wanna say I don't think Eultae is lying though, so I think it's also a misunderstanding on Eultae's part. 

Say Hwal and Sangeun were somehow dying together, so Hwal took Eultae's soul to keep Sang Eun alive. Because Hwal died, Sangeun got angry and cursed Eultae with the black hole. Eultae hated Sangeun because of that. 

Isn't it crazy though, that even though Sangeun isn't bulgasal at the moment, she goes into moments she isnt cautious and becomes strong? I wonder if that's why Hwal was strong 600 years ago before becoming Bulgasal. Because he was once a bulgasal. 

Shame Sangeun only remembers how he stabbed her, not the other way of her stabbing him first!!! 

But back to that scene, if Eultae was the one that set it up, I can't help but wonder if Sol and Achan meant anything to Sangeun. Again, it didn't seem like she wanted to kill Hwal all through the years... And she saved him even. But because Eultae killed Sol and Achan, she could have probably thought Hwal killed them (as Eultae set the scene), and hence she came to kill Hwal instead. 

I don't like this theory however, I still like the one I said before which is, she took his soul so he didn't need to suffer the fate of Eultae wanting to kill him and she took that fate in his place!

CAN SATURDAY COME ALREADY?! I'm nervous now, I feel like with all this time travels and reincarnation dramas, they always don't end it well :P and with only 4 episodes left, I'm not sure how they can tie all the lose strings well without it feeling too rushed. Guess that's why they rushed the love story in one EP...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

@Redpinkboxes First, you're so lucky to have met Jin Wook in person. He must've looked ethereal lol. I've had a crush on him since Nine. Second, I don't think the love story is rushed. I actually think it's suuuuper slow, like crumbs... the last 2 episodes just blew it all open I guess now that Hwal knows Sang Un didn't kill his family. There was an attraction there for sure and I guess he's letting himself feel it fully now.

Anyway if we can summarize the show it would be: MISUNDERSTANDINGS! On all fronts lol. I wish everyone would've just communicated but then we wouldn't have 16 episodes, ha. I've been reading theories and people either seem to be on the Hwal is the real evil boat or Hwalgasal saved Sanggasal during that massacre. If people's characters don't change as the show depicts and Hwal is still considered good-hearted in the present, then that's his innate characteristic. He must've had a good reason to kill those people (or did he really?) and saving the woman he loves (unrequited apparently) is just as good a reason as any. In addition, an eagle-eyed viewer noticed this too:

https://twitter.com/_Msz9_/status/1485443680689618945?s=20

Seems legit! Eul Tae set everything in motion. Blamed Sanggasal for brother's death > townsfolk capture and hurt her > Hwalgasal goes on a rampage > misunderstandings ensue etc etc.

Re: Sang Un's hidden powers. I hope those awaken soon, it's going to look so badass. Maybe she can teach these men a thing or two and put them in their place lol.

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1

The shaman said that When He/She regained the memory, everyone inside the house would die. So my guess ..everyone on the house were part of the villagers on the scene who tried to execute the lady bulgasal hence killed by Hwalgasal. That's why when He regains the memory, He will hate them once again which I actually not sure will happen considering the memories they created together when He was born as Hwal.

ET's real mother has not been shown yet, could it be Siho? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 6

3 hours ago, Redpinkboxes said:

What I'm thinking tho is that because their souls are one (as Eultae says he is half a bulgasal... Meaning they were both Bulgasals to start with but both were half)

this one really makes a lot of sense!

bulgasals when alone are none but when together in a pair, they are one soul. that's why when 1000yrs ago Hwal dug his claws into Eul Tae's heart, Eul Tae only became a half bulgasal.

btw, that thing he ripped out looks kind of tiny like a chicken heart though, or was it meant to depict soul?

Laugh Lol GIF by happydog

25 minutes ago, illay said:

plausible too,

in chinese saying, daughter in this life is the father's lover in previous life 女儿是父亲的前世情人

Spoiler

https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/1952467061543170828.html

今生的妻子,前世你埋的人;来还未报的恩。今生的儿子,前世你的债主;来追未还的债。今生的女儿,前世你的情人;来了未了的情。今生的情人,是前世的夫妻;来续未尽的缘。今生的红颜,是前世的兄妹;来交未完的心。今世大贵之人,前世的大善之人;来收前世结的德。今世大恶之人,前世的最屈之人;来报前世沉的怨

i think the sudden romance scene wasn't played out too well.. Sang Woon has always been intrigue by Hwal, and she has been focusing on running away and keeping Si Ho and herself safe from monsters.. then come this cold and cool oppa who protects her and Si Ho wholeheartedly, getting hurt and stuffs.. she hasn't any romantic experience with boys (just like how Si Ho questioned her about it). as for Hwal, he was more taken aback that someone actually liked him, for who he is. both are new to romance.

then again, Hwal's mesmerizing gaze and questioning Sang Woon boldly.. i think he is more suitable as a player hahaha!

54354-sinosis-bulgasal-immortal-soul-ins

when are they going to hug?!?!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, illay said:

The shaman said that When He/She regained the memory, everyone inside the house would die. So my guess ..everyone on the house were part of the villagers on the scene who tried to execute the lady bulgasal hence killed by Hwalgasal. That's why when He regains the memory, He will hate them once again which I actually not sure will happen considering the memories they created together when He was born as Hwal.

Ooooh that's it, I'll ride with your theory! I also wonder what'll happen this time around. Maybe Hwal and Sang Un's (positive) experiences in the present can thwart any bad blood they feel about their past. Instead of focusing on the hatred/misunderstanding they can just team up and get rid of Eul Tae once and for all.

If Si Ho turns out to be ET's mom I will scream, if only for the drama of it all lol. 

• Like 6

theswoonnetflix IG Update...  The fashion king...  :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZF_bwMs0TL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

FJ1JUKkUcAABKAQ?format=jpg&name=360x360

FJ1JTeCVkAEifiP?format=jpg&name=360x360

the well scene

Eul Tae - '' You should be angry...''

Of course ET said that because he could continue with his fictional stories but he

was still right..

I still dont believe ET was so smart and Hwal was so clueless all those years.. 

0ce7e791deb289e7b3c830c81ee5776ac1b2c01a

https://www.tumgir.com/netflixdramas

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mysticmango said:

If Si Ho turns out to be ET's mom I will scream, if only for the drama of it all lol. 

i don't think she was...maybe she was a maid /servant in his father house and Doyon was her brother..or just villagers ,maybe they both know ET killed his brother

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I still dont believe ET was so smart

i agree...i think some parts could be true...HWAL love for her...but we know that was not hwal the one that asked to be turned in bulgasal but ET who did not want to be sick and weak

I actually have a bad feeling towards SHAMAN  since the beginning. She made a story so everyone hate bulgasals. She wanted bulgasals to  die, meanwhile bulgasals were actually the protectors of human, and she was the one that  made bulgasals and humans hate each other for some unknown reasons...

• Like 4

My guess on how the ending goes if 1. SU and Hwal becomes Bulga again, 2. ET takes his soul back willingly

>ET and Hwal faces off and stabs each other
>both on their death bed, barely breathing
>SU (and rest of fam) surrounds him, sad
>Here comes ET redemption arc

>ET stabs SU, takes back his soul
>SU and Hwal gets up, full bulga mode, healing from their injuries
>Hwal asks why he did it
>ET says he sees now that it was his selfish aspirations, that he wanted to be like a brother to bulgahwal, that he failed to accept that bulgaHwal and bulgalady were always meant to be a pair and he misunderstood what bulgalady stood for

>Hwal accepts his apology, says he is also a victim of circumstance, thanks him
>ET shrivels and dies like the wheelchaired great grandma in spongebob

>They all live happily ever after... or not. They will no longer see found fam after this life since they are no longer bound by ET's soul's karma

That or ET is just a liar and he will die unglorifyingly.

I also have a feeling shaman erased the memories of bulgas maybe in retaliation of the attack. Perhaps they were all in an everlasting cycle of evil/good bulga (since she says the 'cycle' will repeat itself), ET's appearance as the 3rd half bulga gives them a chance to stop this since he is 'evil' bulga this round. That or as what others have said, she erased it as Hwal was angry the villagers were hurting his babe and if he remembered it he would want to kill them all.

Edited by JustforBulgasal
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, illay said:

I think you’re right. The present memories will make them take another path, one of better understanding and forgiveness.

I think the writers gave us the clue through what SU said to Hwal: “I don’t mind if we were enemies in our past lives. In the present you helped us, I will trust you” – something in this vein (I don’t remember the exact words).

Well, someone may say “but she stabbed him after that!”.

I think that one of the reasons for the misunderstands between SU and Hwal through time is that they are impulsive and revengeful: they react first and then think. I think we have some indications here:

1.       Maybe what happened thousand years ago was because SU and Hwal thought or were informed (mislead?) about something evil to them and reacted impulsively and accordingly their (maybe) instinct of vengeance, and hence they created the origin of the confusion.

2.       600 years ago, Hwal stabbed SU impulsively and only after that asked why she killed his family. (I still don’t have any idea of why SU stabbed him in the first place).

3.       When SU discovered that Hwal was a bulgasal, she immediately stabbed him while asking why he killed her family (we see a progress here lol).

4.       I lost how many times Hwal grabbed SU’s neck while asking her questions (lol).

5.       The first thing that SU did after she remembered parts of their past was to stab him, and then, asked “who are you?”.

I think this time, as we can see in the preview, they will be able to sort things out first. Because now, they are more open to think that maybe there is moreto it than it seems to be.

1 hour ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Eul Tae's statement are always half-truths. If he was rambling about Hwal's one-sided love for Sang Woon, we might just be shocked that it's him who "loves" everything Hwal represents. Hence his resentment towards Sang Woon and his goal of tearing them apart.

I do agree. It was ET who had/has a one-sided love.

I think the memory that Hwal had with SU smiling in a sunny day shows that they were in love then.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

I didnt expect Hwal's attack...this time he was more cunning than Eul Tae..

Eul Tae was arrogant and unprepared... 

FJrpqoUVEAQhP42?format=jpg&name=360x360

FJrpqobUUAAalzD?format=jpg&name=360x360

in the scene on the bridge Lee Joon was excellent and Eul Tae was so 

miserable and scared for his life.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i wonder who he loved? HWAL?Did he like men?Or lady Bulgasal?

Maybe it isn't the kind of "romantic" love. Can be another kind. ET seems to love his father, but (it seems) wasn't loved by him, this is/was also a one-sided love. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, illay said:

That's a very interesting theory and I will go with it! I bet the villagers, Siho and Doyoon from 600 years ago were the same from the massacred people of 1000 years ago. As the shaman said, all those people have been intertwined with one another since then.

• Like 4